Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8717399 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
eph12:

I didn't see anything wrong with Lukaku's play. He's going to need a lot of support which he never got today. I noticed he was always ready to make a run but the passes never came
when the team came under immense pressure he found it difficult to keep the ball upfield or draw fouls when it was lumped to him. Varane got the better of him IMO many times. I didn't say he played poorly, but he didn't offer enough succor upfield when the team needed salvation. he can improve that aspect of his game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
Man of the match.. Maroune Fellaini
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
Lana1:
Ah!! Weecome back sir.
bros I hail. na small escape I do.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 11:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
lordfalcao:
This club sef.. Spending 150M every window and still claim they are rebuilding..

Rebuilding World trade center

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
sod09:
Way lana1... cool
smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
Chelseafan1:
If I say make I troll dese guys wey dey disturb our thread, una go just cry.

DopeJemi, lana1 how market?
Cry for wetin?? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Abeg, help me loud am., make those chief trolls (funlord, Lana1,Depejemi, and the likes rest small)
undecided

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
lordfalcao:
yea.. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah
lipsrsealed

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
you guys are seriously over exaggerating pogba's performance today, it's not like he gave the ball away often, what exactly are we slating him for

between pogba and Herrera, Who had a better game?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
iPopAlomo:
Lana1... come out and play...
Sorry. I dont play with Europa fans
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:
I'm sure you were hoping for 5-1 grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
SailorXY:
when the team came under immense pressure he found it difficult to keep the ball upfield or draw fouls when it was lumped to him. Varane got the better of him IMO many times. I didn't say he played poorly, but he didn't offer enough succor upfield when the team needed salvation. he can improve that aspect of his game.
If Mourinho goes for 3-5-2, Lukaku will have less burden to shoulder and have the freedom he desires. I love his tenacity and ability to contest every ball. He might succeed at United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
dopeJemi:
you guys are seriously over exaggerating pogba's performance today, it's not like he gave the ball away often, what exactly are we slating him for

The only reason Pogba had a better game was coz he can't be benched while Hererra is benchable. Pogba on the same minutes as Hererra was just as poor as Hererra.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
dopeJemi:
he was poor, making decisions like a 19yr old player, he should be ashamed of his performance, see de free header wey him miss, matic and fellaini did better.

both were poor, none were anywhere better, e no get how una wan sugarcoat de matter, he was poor EOD.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
joeace2020:
no comment
I understand Madrid better pass us but cant we just keep a solid shape at the back and try to play attacking football? Must everything be park the bus? I don tire
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 11:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
raumdeuter:

Lol.. I no fit laugh..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nihilstjnr:

Oga na you dey 'Dam. Enter coffee shop collect ewedu for am..
So na because of GOT you chop ban
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
sinizia:

The only reason Pogba had a better game was coz he can't be benched while Hererra is benchable. Pogba on the same minutes as Hererra was just as poor as Hererra.

he was poor by his standards no doubt but why are we overlooking his contributions to the attack, we are making it seem like he was up to no good for 90mins
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:03am On Aug 09, 2017
SailorXY:
I'm sure you were hoping for 5-1 grin grin

If Madrid needed to win 5-1, they would have started Ronaldo all those chances Bale and Benz dey miss you for hearam
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 12:04am On Aug 09, 2017
weedtaker:
he was poor, making decisions like a 19yr old player, he should be ashamed of his performance, see de free header wey him miss, matic and fellaini did better. both were poor, none were anywhere better, e no get how una wan sugarcoat de matter, he was poor EOD.

pogba contributed more to our attack than Herrera, he wasn't entirely poor like we are making it seem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:08am On Aug 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

If Madrid needed to win 5-1, they would have started Ronaldo all those chances Bale and Benz dey miss you for hearam
in the end shots on target were identical. we had more clear cut misses, so I no sabi werin you dey yan here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emino21(m): 12:13am On Aug 09, 2017
Am proud of my team performance(especially in the second half)

Real Madrid is the best team in the world presently so there is nothing to be ashamed of.

Modric and Kroos are among the world best CM in the world ffs!!!Pogba was playing against his "elders"...grin

Matic was superb though....
I think this team need a LB who can help in attack,Darmian is a big "No" for me in that position!

There is still room for improvement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 12:13am On Aug 09, 2017
sinizia:

Tbh, Pogba aint no 10 but a no 8. He improved his game when he dropped back into the midfield.

On the other hand, Herera isn't a no 8 but a no 6. He doesn't even have the energy to play as a box_box CM such as Kante nor have the talent/awareness to be a controlling CM in the no 8 role. I think he already showed that he's at his best in a sweeping no 6 role. However, it seems we've got a better one in Matic in the role. Hence, I don't know what he offers in the team except he acts as an understudy for Matic..

It's still quite funny to me how a creative player signed for his creativity came to become a defensive one..

And some kept blaming Van gaal when the innocent man had nothing to do with Herera's blunt creativity. In fact, Van gaal was short-changed by the uselessness of so many players in his team (clueless Depay, ageing Rooney, blunt Herrera, sluggish Mata, crocked Bastian, old legged Carrick who was one of our best though).. That team was a disaster and the players mentioned above were supposed to be our best players in the team.. Can't believe we won a Fa cup with the team.. Thanks to Rashford, Martial, Fellaini and to some extent, Lingard for making it possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 12:16am On Aug 09, 2017
SailorXY:
in the end shots on target were identical. we had more clear cut misses, so I no sabi werin you dey yan here.

Madrid were basically taking things easy and in gear 3 throughout Dem even hit bar 2 times and many other misses
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 12:17am On Aug 09, 2017
diadem10:

Tbh, Pogba aint no 10 but a no 8. He improved his game when he dropped back into the midfield.

On the other hand, Herera isn't a no 8 but a no 6. He doesn't even have the energy to play as a box_box CM such as Kante nor have the talent/awareness to be a controlling CM in the no 8 role. I think he already showed that he's at his best in a sweeping no 6 role. However, it seems we've got a better one in Matic in the role. Hence, I don't know what he offers in the team except he acts as an understudy for Matic..

It's still quite funny to me how a creative player signed for his creativity came to become a defensive one..

And some kept blaming Van gaal when the innocent man had nothing to do with Herera's blunt creativity. In fact, Van gaal was short-changed by the uselessness of so many players in his team (clueless Depay, ageing Rooney, blunt Herrera, sluggish Mata, crocked Bastian, old legged Carrick who was one of our best though).. That team was a disaster and the players mentioned above were supposed to be our best players in the team.. Can't believe we won a Fa cup with the team.. Thanks to Rashford, Martial, Fellaini and to some extent, Lingard for making it possible.

I tend to agree with these, I fear his game has been adapted to that position.
He makes more mistakes in decision making when in no 10 position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:25am On Aug 09, 2017
dopeJemi:

All I see is obsession with d dudes sign on fees.. I agree he played stvpidly a times bhet Herrera was sh!t today, Infact the Belgian tree replaced him and played far better but No, na Pobga fault for not finding him wit "simple passes"....
My own aggression na with JM seriously... the guy fvck up today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 12:27am On Aug 09, 2017
ToyinDipo:

I tend to agree with these, I fear his game has been adapted to that position.
He makes more mistakes in decision making when in no 10 position

His game is in between a no 8 and no 10. He's definitely not a player capable of controlling the midfield, maybe against lesser sides but against top sides, he's definitely not a maestro however I think his creativity and dribbling are better utilised from the deep midfield where he has several options to pick rather than in attack where he often acts like an eediot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:30am On Aug 09, 2017
raumdeuter:

Madrid were basically taking things easy and in gear 3 throughout Dem even hit bar 2 times and many other misses
When you hit the bar your shot was off target Oga Ade!
it was 15 attempts to 13 at games end & 6-6 on target 60-40 ball % 2-1 loss for us. Any gear you like engage na you sabi.
We are getting there as a team, whether you accept it or not.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 12:40am On Aug 09, 2017
diadem10:

His game is in between a no 8 and no 10. He's definitely not a player capable of controlling the midfield, maybe against lesser sides but against top sides, he's definitely not a maestro however I think his creativity and dribbling are better utilised from the deep midfield where he has several options to pick rather than in attack where he often acts like an eediot.
What makes you think he can't develop into such player?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diadem10: 12:47am On Aug 09, 2017
ToyinDipo:

What makes you think he can't develop into such player?

His movement and awareness are nonsense. You've got to have that innate attributes right from the onset. You can't just easily teach that.

That's why I adore the likes of Verratti, David Silva, Eriksen, even Ceballos and our very own Harrop although he's left for Preston etc..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ToyinDipo(m): 12:52am On Aug 09, 2017
diadem10:

His movement and awareness are nonsense. You've got to have that innate attributes right from the onset. You can't just easily teach that.

That's why I adore the likes of Verratti, David Silva, Eriksen, even Ceballos and our very own Harrop although he's left for Preston etc..
Awareness to pickup pass or position or opponent's presence what?
His movement off or on the ball?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:22am On Aug 09, 2017
I think Herrera needs to change his approach a bit now we've got Matic to cover the back 4, he needs to push up more often and take up more creative responsibility, he was too laid back in his approach today.

Oga ToyinDipo, nobody is saying Pogba discard his Dribbling skills, all folks want from him is for him to know when to play simple or when to hang on the ball, throughout the duration of the game, I didn't spot Kross try to do anything fanciful but his simple one touch passing along with Modric was a joy to watch.

Mourinho should have brought on Martial and pushed Rashford to RW to stop Carvajal and Marcelo from bombing forward.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Lana1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.