Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8716801 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elxandre(m): 2:14am On Aug 09, 2017
ChristineC:
not spectacular and not as poor as been written here. talk is cheap after all.
I must however say Nemanja Matic surprised me. I expect this team to be dominant this season though.
Yes he made a few poor decisions, but I can't deny the fact that he tried alot, especially in the second half.
Maybe these people expected him to totally boss Madrid's almost invincible midfield.

Surprised to see so much criticism here.
Meanwhile, I keep saying it, Pogba is better from deep.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:25am On Aug 09, 2017
Not enough talk about how Herrera lost for field.i only watched the game for about 50min but the guy no do anything.
Pogba wasn't very good.
Matic is looking good and darmain played well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuffRuggedRaw(m): 3:53am On Aug 09, 2017
pamcode:
one midfielder on three better midfielders?

Make him watch how dem dey play and learn from dem!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:03am On Aug 09, 2017
Sailor__XY:
when the team came under immense pressure he found it difficult to keep the ball upfield or draw fouls when it was lumped to him. Varane got the better of him IMO many times. I didn't say he played poorly, but he didn't offer enough succor upfield when the team needed salvation. he can improve that aspect of his game.

Nihilist Ur boy is back grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:29am On Aug 09, 2017
dopeJemi:
you guys are seriously over exaggerating pogba's performance today, it's not like he gave the ball away often, what exactly are we slating him for

between pogba and Herrera, Who had a better game?

Except you are saying he didn't give is d1ck balls away, I can't see how he can give away a ball which was barely ever with him.

The fact that he can senselessly choose to shoot when you guys were in desperate need of a goal rather than pass to miki who was in a better position, unmarked and would have had a clearer chance at goal himself or opted to give him a return pass or chosen the 3rd manU player who ran into the box from the other end, did summarize the type of game adabowale had.

Stop comparing a Bugatti to a Toyota Camry 2017. Pogbas fee and the hype surrounding him has made sure he and Herrera can never be compared bcuz they are not mates. While we can choose to ignore Herrera who you guys claim is better than kante,we cannot in good faith ignore a supposed superstar player with 89mil tag on is head. Mbanu.....! Especially not when my guy looks worse than the washed up version of ramirez everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 09, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Don't bother Bro... you'll loose your appettite.. look forward to the next match...

Wish I saw this earlier and took it seriously , Darmian and Smelling are utter dognats....pure retrodulls.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:42am On Aug 09, 2017
Griffon:
Yo scummies are getting way too big for your boots/You are never too big for the boot. cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFOErVWlsxg

This is what Nihilissttr and dem London boys turn up to What an earsore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:03am On Aug 09, 2017
Lana1:
I understand Madrid better pass us but cant we just keep a solid shape at the back and try to play attacking football? Must everything be park the bus? I don tire

It saddens me that we have moved from being a more attack minded team to one that soaks pressure all day and hoping oj offside calls from biased officials.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 5:34am On Aug 09, 2017
What will Martial ever do to make Mourinho play him? Imagine martial and rashford playing from the wings, it would have not been so easy for Marcelo and Carvajal knowing the dribbling speedsters coming towards them. That was the obvious combination to start the match or after scoring a goal and at no point did we see it. Atleast with Fellaini in for aerial balls, those two will be on the wings to cause problems. A lot of people won't say it, but for me those two guys offer more from the wings than all the 10's in attack in our team. Surprisingly they are not wingers.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 5:37am On Aug 09, 2017
SailorXY:
these old men never change chai

Sailor!!!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:47am On Aug 09, 2017
joeace2020:

It saddens me that we have moved from being a more attack minded team to one that soaks pressure all day and hoping oj offside calls from biased officials.
We can never be an attack minded team under Jose unless we're playing against the likes of Burnley. As in I don't understand why skillful players that can take on their men and beat them will be left on the bench for the likes of Lingard
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:56am On Aug 09, 2017
At this point since Jose don't trust Martial enough, the board should just get him Perisic. We need players that can hold on to the ball, go past players and get among the goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:10am On Aug 09, 2017
I just pray the club doesn't sell Martial. Dude is still balling well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 6:12am On Aug 09, 2017
eph12:
At this point since Jose don't trust Martial enough, the board should just get him Perisic. We need players that can hold on to the ball, go past players and get among the goals.
Honestly when i saw the line up and noticed we didn't use speedy winger i kn we are in for it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 6:19am On Aug 09, 2017
Gidigbo united aka Ishan united aka kponkpo united aka ogbakaku united!!!

Goodmorning scummies!!!!

Long may your woes continue!!!

Long may your suffering without results continue!!!

Down....down...six feet down......is were you belong awon ogbakaku united tongue tongue

Bloody scumwats!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 6:36am On Aug 09, 2017
ToyinDipo:

My point is that the likes of Zidane and Ronaldinho did more 'impossibles' than Lampard, that's why they achieved higher legendary status.
Xavi is a CM, he doesn't have the flair of Pogba, if he could combine some flairs with his game, he 'might' have been regarded as one of the best CMs ever, and not as that of his generation.

In general this is the point I'm trying to make.
I know everyone is blaming Pogba for taking a shot instead of laying it off, which is rightly so
But let's see it this way
1. Pogba lays off the pass, and United scores, reaction will be: that was good play
2. Pogba lays off the pass, and Madrid players closed down the space, because they could easily read the move, there won't be much reaction
3. Pogba does exactly as today, we all blame him
4. Pogba doesn't lay off pass, decided to go on his own and scores, reaction will be that's the 89M pound player we bought.

That's what separates special players from the rest.

I would be mad too though, if Pogba keeps on like this, with no improvements, at the same time I don't want him toned down to just another good player.
Xavi doesn't have flair of pogba? Come are you high why are you using xavi and pogba in same sentence, Na which kind disrespect be that..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 6:41am On Aug 09, 2017
06:42 and scummies are still crying... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lordfalcao(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2017
Real Madrid looking like a team
Manchester United looking like a work in progress . . .

Who heard this from the commentator yesterday grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2017
JM killed the Team with his Tactical Plans for the Match. He knows Madrid have fantastic Fullbacks in Carvajal and Marcelo, yet he chose to bench Rashford and Martial.

Had JM played Rashford and Martial as Wingers flanking Lukaku, the Story would have changed.

Also, I think Mkhitaryan should be used as No. 10 this Season. And if Pogba must play, then JM should pair him with Matic and sends Herrera to the Bench as a Backup.

The Quartet of Lukaku, Rashford, Martial and Mkhitaryan gonna be unstoppable in my Opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hopefulLandlord: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2017
You could tell that one team had to beat Juve, Bayern, Atlético, Napoli to win their trophy, while the other had to beat Anderlecht, Rostov, Ajax & Zorya Luhansk to win theirs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:33am On Aug 09, 2017
We have too many slow players and Mou is ad1ckhead. It's this same formation he used against a toothless Arsenal last season that made us lose 2-0, a fearful formation.

It worked in his favor in the Europa league final, thanks to that early 2nd half goal.

How can you tell your players to always sit deep, wingers included?

Yesterday was just annoying. We were really outclassed. we couldn't mark with sense and we kept creating spaces for tjose guys to exploit. That second goal could've been easily avoided. Bale was unmarked right in the 18+yard box before he received the ball and Isco's run wasn't tracked well at all.

The attack wasn't even threatening Real's defense too. It was the usual slow and backward passes. There was no belief or passion to make things happen. Mkhi was the only lively one in that attack. And when Adabowale should've released a simple pass, he chose to shoot at the defender.

Rashfords arrival caused problems for them and should've scored that goal. A shot in between Keylors legs would've made the game even.

Some of the players had a good performance but overall it's worrying how we just sat back and gave them the reins of the match in the first half. It was the perfect recipe for disaster.

Mou na asshole when facing quality teams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 7:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Pogba and 90m Lukaku in your team and you're bragging that Matic is the best player? My head is spinning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
You could tell that one team had to beat Juve, Bayern, Atlético, Napoli to win their trophy, while the other had to beat Anderlecht, Rostov, Ajax & Zorya Luhansk to win theirs.

The difference is clear grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:36am On Aug 09, 2017
Oasis007:
JM killed the Team with his Tactical Plans for the Match. He knows Madrid have fantastic Fullbacks in Carvajal and Marcelo, yet he chose to bench Rashford and Martial.

Had JM played Rashford and Martial as Wingers flanking Lukaku, the Story would have changed.

Also, I think Mkhitaryan should be used as No. 10 this Season. And if Pogba must play, then JM should pair him with Matic and sends Herrera to the Bench as a Backup.

The Quartet of Lukaku, Rashford, Martial and Mkhitaryan gonna be unstoppable in my Opinion.

We really need to take the game to opponents if we wanna win anything. This habit of always sitting deep against quality opposition and waiting for counters is not befitting a club like Man Utd.

If your opponent spend most of the time defending, after falling heavily under your attack, they'll be careful how they attack you.

If you roll over and give them the ball to play, they'll inflict injuries on you.

Mou is an aashole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2017
grin grin Jose Mourinho doesn't lose a final FC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2017
Pogba looks lost when he plays against top teams. This is not a bant. It's a fact.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:44am On Aug 09, 2017
lordfalcao:
Real Madrid looking like a team
Manchester United looking like a work in progress . . .

Who heard this from the commentator yesterday grin grin grin

I heard cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2017
Mou's post match comments -

"I think we did well. We lost 2-1 which, I think, shows the result was really short, and one of the goals was offside so with a good VAR [video assistant referee] it would be 1-1 and extra time.

"I think they could score more goals than they did, we could score more goals than we did. They had a period of dominance in the middle of the first half, we had a period of dominance in the middle of the second half and some balance in the beginning of the game.

"We were playing against a team of fantastic players and we discussed the result until almost the end, not the end but almost the end."

Nigga z blind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Griffon(m): 7:48am On Aug 09, 2017
Vanquay:

This is what Nihilissttr and dem London boys turn up to What an earsore.

Club banger!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 7:55am On Aug 09, 2017
hensben:
Xavi doesn't have flair of pogba? Come are you high why are you using xavi and pogba in same sentence, Na which kind disrespect be that..

The guy is not high but mental. Xavi and adabowale in a sentence or flair and adabowale? Please ,which flair are we talking about here? Is it the anywhere belle face flair shots he takes per sec like a loose canon or once in a blue moon dribbles?

Adabowale is arguably not the best cm in magad united we shouldn't even bother with the league.

Adabowale that was thoroughly schooled by isco in every aspect of footie.

Adabowale that made a 5yard pass look like a pregnant woman in labour trying to deliver a baby.

When adabowale decides to humble himself with is average football talent maybe we can start comparing him to the ramirez of this world. Till then.....he is just another Fellaini in a Blackman's skin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

The guy is not high but mental. Xavi and adabowale in a sentence or flair and adabowale? Please ,which flair are we talking about here? Is it the anywhere belle face flair shots he takes per sec like a loose canon or once in a blue moon dribbles?

Adabowale is arguably not the best cm in magad united we shouldn't even bother with the league.

Adabowale that made a 5yard pass look like a pregnant woman in labour trying to deliver a baby.

When adabowale decides to humble himself with is average football talent maybe we can start comparing him to the ramirez of this world. Till then.....he is just another Fellaini in a Blackman's skin.

Patewo funra e
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2017
diggz:

If I am to choose between bakayoko and pogba it is the former I will prefer in my team..Pogba is not a productive player, at least not yet. I was the first moniker to use the word "showboat" to describe pogba game and manure fan were barking at me but now they use the word to describe his game. Pogba is still a raw talent and for that amount he was bought it will be difficult for him to reach the height manure fan think he is.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) (4338) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Stivoh(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.