Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,712 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:43 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8882710 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) ... (14219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 01, 2017
Lana1:
Crystal Palace goals of the month... grin https://twitter.com/FYPFanzine/status/914411505575170048
My chest... gringringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
ENGLAND PITCH TO BE NAMED AFTER SIR BOBBY Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton is to have a pitch at England's St. George's Park unveiled in his name, to mark the national football centre's fifth anniversary and to coincide with the 1966 World Cup-winning great's 80th birthday.
England manager Gareth Southgate and his squad will join Sir Bobby, his wife Norma and guests for a short ceremony to unveil the Sir Bobby Charlton pitch before the England training session on Monday.

The one-time Ballon d’Or winner, who made 758 appearances in a 17-year United career during which he won a host of honours, including three league titles, an FA Cup and a European Cup, is due to attend England's World Cup qualifier against Slovenia at Wembley as guest of honour, a week before he toasts his 80th birthday.

England manager Gareth Southgate said: "It’s fantastic to be able to acknowledge the contribution Sir Bobby has made to our game, not only as a player but as an ambassador for the sport. It will be a very proud moment to introduce him to the current set of players and officially unveil the Sir Bobby Charlton pitch.“

Sir Bobby, who is second only to Ryan Giggs in the list of United's all-time appearance- makers, played his final game for his country in 1970, ending with 106 caps and 49 goals to his name. The two tallies topped the England record books, before both were surpassed by fellow United and England great Wayne Rooney, in 2015 and 2016 respectively.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
TALKING POINT: REDS SET FOR SCORING HIGH? Manchester United’s goalscoring form in the Premier League thus far has been ruthless, with the Reds bagging a total of 21 goals already this season - that's an average of three goals a game!

Romelu Lukaku has played a key part, having scored seven in seven, matching former Reds striker Andrew Cole's club record in the league. Anthony Martial has helped himself to three league goals so far, while Marouane Fellaini now also has three after his brace in Saturday's 4-0 win over Crystal Palace . The scintillating start compares with those from our most prolific past Premier League seasons. In 1999/2000, United had scored 19 goals after seven games, while the only season in which the Reds had hit more goals at this stage was in 2001/2002, when 22 were plundered.
Interestingly, the Reds had only netted 13 goals after the same number of games last season and it took a total of 16 matches to reach the 21 goals United have achieved so far this term.
Since the Premier League began, the Reds' best record in terms of goals scored in a whole season is 97, back in 1999/2000. The 2001/02 season saw United score 87 goals, while fans witnessed 89 strikes in the 2011/12 campaign.

So, our #MUTalkingPoint question to fans on Twitter is: do you think we could break our own scoring record this term? Here is a selection of answers...

@LeslieMwendwa: Yes, with the form Lukaku is in and the fact that we have others scoring too. We definitely could.

@BeastGriezmann: Breaking the record is tough but this season will definitely be up there amongst the best!

@JordyHensh07: Lukaku looks the perfect number 9, With Rashford and Martial looking in the form of their lives, I definitely think we can.

@markbrook3: don't care how many goals - just want that league title.

@MancSel: We have a good chance but the most impressive thing is the group working together & the different goal scorers. Outstanding.

@gibberish007: We'd all be happier with the highest number of points! Never mind the goals. As Mourinho said, four 1-0 wins rather than one 4-0 win!!

@__SimplyFatima: 4-0 is the new 1-1 and I'm enjoying it!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Odunharry(m): 12:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
Jose Mourinho's team equalled Manchester United's best-ever start to a Premier League campaign in terms of clean sheets by preventing Crystal Palace from scoring on Saturday.

In denying Roy Hodgson’s side a goal during the 4-0 win at Old Trafford, the Reds made it six clean sheets from the first seven Premier League matches, a feat the club has achieved only once before, in 1997/98. The only blemish on the defence’s otherwise perfect record was the concession of two goals against Stoke City in the 2-2 draw at the beginning of September.

In the ‘97/98 campaign, United only conceded one goal in seven games, to West Ham's John Hartson. By the end of the season, the team had kept 20 clean sheets overall, even if it was not enough to stop Arsenal winning the title by a single point.
However, the Reds still have some way to go before matching the best opening run of clean sheets at Old Trafford as, in the 1994/95 season, it was not until the 10th home league game that an opponent breached the defence, with Nottingham Forest scoring twice.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Leyqute:

If this is true, isn't it too early for Pep to start playing mind games? He's thrown shades at Man Utd and Tottenham already, and doesn't count Chelsea worthy enough
Dude is subtly throwing shade at perceived competition.
Notice he compliments those he doesn't see as a threat. Spurs prior to Saturday were "a ball-playing side with Chelsea" but he's suddenly changed his assessment, singling out the major threat.
Leave am. To be honest he is entitled to his views for now, on the basis of that performance yesterday, till someone knocks him off his perch.

afrodoc2:

Main thing is the 3 points anyway. The performance wasn't bad either, so we move on. Hopefully we get no more injuries over the next few weeks.
Any direct correlation to coefficient,boss?
You know say na you be the expert on coefficient analysis
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
kelvinze:

I just pray dat david silva miss d match cos he's d one controlling dis man city midfield area
Silva is a distraction. De bruyne should get that injury to me, he's the main deal in that midfield.. But no qualms, make them complete play I no wan hear excuse

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
dopeJemi:

lol, no wahala
cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lana1:
It was a good game. And u cant ve too many reasons to complain with a 4-0 scoreline.

Anyways, i agree with those fans. A goal per game is a good output but he needs to increase that output if he wants to be compared with the Elites. He has 11 in 10 games. Factor in those misses against Madrid, Stoke, Everton and yesterday against Palace, and that should be 15 in 10 and 11 goals in 7 league games.

He didn't really get too much service yesterday but he should ve had a brace. How long can he continue missing those easy chances he has been missing?

Long story short, i want him to stop missing easy chances and score more per game is alls am saying.
I understand but I am not part of the pissing contest between those strikers, I don pass the Stage of My striker score pass your own that was way back in my secondary school days when we dey argue Andy Cole and Jimmy Floyd hasselbaink grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
SailorXY:
A nation will depict the coming together of people with clear cut goals & dedication to achieve them.

Nigeria is the gathering of lazy people only there because of what they can steal. Nobody will support the current way Nigeria is run who's either not stealing/benefitting from thieving public officers or just a plain foöl.
I think the fault is with the electorates. I don't know how they keep voting in military men. what is run is military government masqueraded as democratic, guided by a constitution developed by the same military junta. the richest men in Nigerian today are military retirees or those with connections to them. I see little or no hope.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 2:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Wura27:
Oh okkk. Seen smiley

Now this is a proper way to reply if you disagree with a statement @joeace2020

@joeace2020 I find your statement to be highly derogatory and chauvunistic. When u guys did not know my sex, I was not getting the kind of message you sent

Still #onelove #manutdfam

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
ChristineC:
I think the fault is with the electorates. I don't know how they keep voting in military men. what is run is military government masqueraded as democratic, guided by a constitution developed by the same military junta. the richest men in Nigerian today are military retirees or those with connections to them. I see little or no hope.
But we have technocrats who don't know their right from left as part of the government.

I'll solely lay the blame of our present comatose state on our idiotic governors. Majority of them are highly useless and not fit to be part of the 21st century. I mean we have governors that can't lure investors to their states, governors that borrow to pay salary and other nonsense. Almost everyone is has some harsh words to say about Buhari but the real culprits are our pathetic governors.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
undecided

Koeman is really losing it. He spent huge Sum on Transfers, yet he's losing week in, week out.

How I wish the Everton Board can replace him with De-Boer. I'm ain't gonna underestimate De-Boer yet, even though he failed at Inter and partially failed at Palace.

I think he deserves a good Shot with good Players which Everton have at the moment. I like his Philosophy, and I wanna see him back in the League as soon as Possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Oasis007:
undecided

Koeman is really losing it. He spent huge Sum on Transfers, yet he's losing week in, week out.

How I wish the Everton Board can replace him with De-Boer. I'm ain't gonna underestimate De-Boer yet, even though he failed at Inter and partially failed at Palace.

I think he deserves a good Shot with good Players which Everton have at the moment. I like his Philosophy, and I wanna see him back in the League as soon as Possible.

Na so......de-boer to Everton ain't gonna happen bruv. Meanwhile,goeman is almost certain to be the next coach who gets the sack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
diggz:

Na so......de-boer to Everton ain't gonna happen bruv. Meanwhile,goeman is almost certain to be the next coach who gets the sack.

There are no good Managers available at the moment, except Anceloti - and it unlikely of him to accept the Job.

Maybe Luiz Enrique can replace him, if he eventually he ends of as a Goneman for real.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Donaldduke2019(m): 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
Oboi Coutinho 4 d puskas award next year ahbeg

The goal is top notch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
Oasis007:

There are no good Managers available at the moment, except Anceloti - and it unlikely of him to accept the Job.

Maybe Luiz Enrique can replace him, if he eventually he ends of as a Goneman for real.

Perhaps Enrique but not my lotti!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
ChristineC:
I couldn't agree more...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 8:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
Na this Liverpool defence go stop man u from scoring next month?
I hear una cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
October Fixtures

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Rashford>Asensio.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by enemyofprogress: 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
Oasis007:
October Fixtures
let's go there. I pray all our boys come back home after the international break without any injury
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
obainojazz:
Rashford>Asensio.

Una too dey like to compare any quality u see with the trash from old trashford...
From Mbappe, to Gabriel Jes and now Ascensio

Shey na inferiority complex we go call this one ni?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
Linkfield:

Una too dey like to compare any quality u see with the trash from old trashford...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=JayKayMaybachz post=61017336][/quote]
I lie?

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Linkfield:

I lie?
FOH

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
JayKayMaybachz:
FOH

E pain am. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2017
Linkfield:

Your brain is paining you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
obainojazz:
Your brain is paining you.

Okay. grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:10am On Oct 02, 2017
Andreas Perreira played as a LW last Night and he was very impressive. He's really improving at Valencia, and I hope he's coming to United in January.

He's really needed in the Team, but if JM ain't gonna give him Chance, then he should be allowed to continue his Development in Spain till the End of the Season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2017
"We never miss the players that are injured, that is our way of thinking. They are injured, we don't think about them.

"It is an opportunity and a moment for others to step up and get the chance, so I think that is good. When we moan all the time about injuries it looks like we don't trust the other people and we have to."

- Jose Mourinho

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2017
"If you see how he [Fellaini] works every day in the training sessions, the games he played didn't surprise me -- that he played well, that he scored goals.

"He doesn't have the credit that he deserves. I don't know why. But I really enjoy playing with him, and I am sure that we will continue like this.

"It's nice to have him in the team because he can defend, on long balls he is strong and he's always dangerous in attack. I am sure that he will show all his quality this season."

- Nemanja Matic

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2017
"We know that he [Pogba] will be out for some time. He's very important for us, he's a great player, but I am sure that he will be ready soon.

"But we also have great players to play instead of him. We showed in the last few games that everyone is ready to play and everyone can help us."

- Nemanja Matic

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4552) (4553) (4554) (4555) (4556) (4557) (4558) ... (14219) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: patrickmuf(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.