Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,079 members, 7,863,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8874622 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 19, 2013
@afrodoc,
No wholesale changes are needed.
We won the title comfortably this past season.
The side did not witness any major departures.
We should be beating Southampton with the squad we have. Unfortunately we have hired an slowpoke as a manager and he is turning United into Everton.
When I made that remark early on, some nematode decided to mock me.
Reality is a big titty b*tch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
We're closer to the relegation zone than to the top. i dont think we can talk about top 4 yet. We need to try winning some matches first to get some form and see where that takes us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitlad: 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu: E no go better for Moyes
He don lose me money again

My 12 team bet for the week

Arsenal
Man Utd
CHelsea
Everton
Swansea
Dortmund
Madrid
Schalke
Bayern
Barcelona
PSG
Galatasaray

$10 to win $533

Verdict loss

shocked shocked

Omo to win go hard with this long äss accumulators o. . . .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2013

Arsenal
Man Utd
CHelsea
Everton
Swansea
Dortmund
Madrid
Schalke
Bayern
Barcelona
PSG
Galatasaray

$10 to win $533

Verdict loss
Eeeeyah!

Man utd isn't a sure banker anymore
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2013

Arsenal
Man Utd
CHelsea
Everton
Swansea
Dortmund
Madrid
Schalke
Bayern
Barcelona
PSG
Galatasaray

$10 to win $533

Verdict loss

grin grin grin grin..........same here bro, i've been swearing at moyes all morning
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
This Moyes dimwit is smiling at his press conference
He doesn't even seem fazed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2013
coogar:

his small-time mentality has cost us points. 8 games, 11 points. we have dropped 13 points in 8 league games - moyes is a disgrace.

subbed nani off for giggs
subbed rooney off for smalling.
yet, on the bench sat hernandez, zaha & kagawa.
No surprises for me.
Don't burst your gut over this average Joe/ nobody.
We cannot go very far with this turtle.
Which is what I've been saying since the season began.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2013

Arsenal
Man Utd
CHelsea
Everton
Swansea
Dortmund
Madrid
Schalke
Bayern
Barcelona
PSG
Galatasaray

$10 to win $533

Verdict loss

So annoying I tell ya, I was already sure I'd won when both motherwill and rangers won, only for my beloved team to spoil everything. Rangers had to come back from 3 - 1 down to win 4 - 3 away from home, and yet united wouldn't win at old trafford against southampton.

angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Plucky United Climb to Eight

Manchester United climbed to eighth in the Premier League after holding Southampton to a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford.

This is how the game is being described on some websites.

Hahaha wtf?

The underdog story begins grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2013
nitlad:

shocked shocked

Omo to win go hard with this long äss accumulators o. . . .

if Manure had handled business na only Barcelona and Galatasaray I for dey await now out of the 12
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2013
we won the season last season because
a) we had SAF a legendary winner with EPL experience......now he is gone and his likes are rare

b) our rivals were weak......they have all strengthened this season liverpool,arsenal,chelsea,city and spurs have all improved their squads from last season.
the manager seems to be rubbish yes but don't overestimate the quality of our players.
when i say wholesale i don't mean the whole team but for starters
1) rio ferdinand and ryan giggs should retire
2) ashley young and anderson sold.....one for being asinine and the other for being fat and not delivering on potential
3) fellaini sold off to a mugu russian club or something for 20 million pounds
4) rooney sold to a mugu french club like PSG or Monaco
5) possibly a world class center back to ease vidic out the door soon

6) REPLACE THESE PLAYERS WITH REAL QUALITY!
especially in central midfield

SAF spoiled a lot of United fans by winning titles with mediocre squads. ever since tevez and ronaldo left the teams we have put out have been average, the only reason i had faith in us still competing for titles was the old gaffer. now he has left the mediocrity of most of these players will be exposed

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2013
Can anyone remember an occasion when we were leading by a goal against a stubborn opponent at home in the league, and just as they were beginning to leave themselves open. He would take off CR7 when he was getting more opportunities to go inside or outside his fullback and come closer to the box, take off Giggs (in his prime) now that there were more opportunities for him to run directly at opposition defenders or take off Scholes (in his prime) as there was less traffic in midfield and holes in the opposition backline.

That decision to take Nani was criminal. Even if he was bringing on Maradona in his prime.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2013
chamotex: Where is that ruudie that wanted to bet about United to still win the league?
Abeg come make we quickly do this thing

Bring it on!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
The way Arsenal will embarrass us when we play soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2013
^ I said this a while back on this Thread. I never expected the Title from Moyes when quarrel go start is if we fail to qualify for Champ league football as I understand we need revenue from Champ league to pay off our debt.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2013
RuuDie:

Bring it on!

Let's do it abeg
Serious money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2013
I wish Moyes had a plan.
That will be a good place to start any discussion.
I feel sincere pity for RVP in particular.
I wonder what the little boy inside him is saying at the moment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2013
StarBoard:
No surprises for me.
Don't burst your gut over this average Joe/ nobody.
We cannot go very far with this turtle.
Which is what I've been saying since the season began.

he's out of his depth....
tactically naive, he has no spinal cord. he even said he was pleased with the performance especially that of rooney.

2 things must happen to get us back to winning ways. rooney needs to break his metatarsal & giggs must suffer epilepsy. all we had to do this summer was to get rid of those 2 players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
When some of us saw the handwriting on the wall that Moyes is a disaster, some people were abusing us here.

I don sign out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "We had the opportunities to go 2-0 up. They had been knocking on the door but I thought we would see it out.

"But if you don't defend a corner well enough, there's always a chance they will score. We had a couple of good chances where we could have finished them off and if we had scored a second it would've put the game to bed, but 1-0 is always a dangerous scoreline."

Trouble oh. SAF claims he and Gill are still advising Moyes and Woodward. If that's true, he need to drum it into Moyes head that United don't see out games at O.T. We are always playing to win, even if we don't look convincing doing it. Hence why for sometime now we have frustrated our haters by winning even when we look subpar. The squad he has now isn't built to see games out both in skill and mindset.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:14pm On Oct 19, 2013
Yes we've a lot of average players but we've a below average coach.

His lack of winning mentality disqualifies him from being a coach of United calibre.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2013
chrisley024: Yes we've a lot of average players but we've a below average coach.

His lack of winning mentality disqualifies him from being a coach of United calibre.

i personally don't believe we have average players. there's little the players can do if the manager is a brainless piece of turd. would kagawa & chicharito get us goals sitting on the bench?

we had players on the bench that could have scored 2, 3 or 4 goals on the bench. moyes brought on giggs & smalling to score from the chances we were creating - that's the most idiotic decision any manager can make.....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2013
Oloshi ni Moyes jare, I don tire to dey abuse am sef, very senseless manager.

Fergie too fvcked up, why Moyes, this time last season or so, correct coaches were eager to take over only for that one silly kinsman abi na countryman to takeover, also, he was buying useless players like young, valencia, and giving clueless welbeck chance to play in the first team. What about Morrisson, Pogba, he sold them off, other top clubs were buying from fellow top clubs, he was buying from wigan, fulham, etc. Rubbish!

Anyway, I don loose hope (this season), if them like, make dem sack moyes, na dem sabi, no be me dey service debt. undecided angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2013
chamotex:

Let's do it abeg
Serious money

You know how e dey go... Let's settle the modalities - currency, amount and where the pepper go rest till winner emerge... Or na "word is bond" thing!?
Any which way, I dey game!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2013
Ferguson did it intentionally so that you would always remember him
He knew if he brought a top coach like Mourinho or Pep, You would forget about SAF in a few months but with Moyes you would always remember Fergie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
dayokanu: Ferguson did it intentionally so that you would always remember him
He knew if he brought a top coach like Mourinho or Pep, You would forget about SAF in a few months but with Moyes you would always remember Fergie

how does this make sense?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
If we are to make CL at all, Fergie needs to come of retirement.

Not making CL after all will be a blessing. The Glazers and Woodward we see the need to buy quality players. At this rate, all those commercial rights will start drying up and they will realise the need to pump money into the team urgently instead of being out rightly stingy or siphoning it into other things. Come to think of it, which quality player wants to play for Moyes?

Moyes has never been, is not and will never be a successful coach. He is too mediocre for a team like man Utd. Sincerely, Fergie needs to be questioned over his choice. His "parapo" mentality put us into this mess. He had every opportunity to get Pep for us but he preferred someone from his village.
The only way Fergie can appease me is for him to come out of retirement like Scholes and save the season ASAP. He should also be blamed for the mediocre players he bought into that team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
another assist from ravel morrison - i'd rather have him than rooney at the moment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
superstar1: If we are to make CL at all, Fergie needs to come of retirement.

Not making CL after all will be a blessing. The Glazers and Woodward we see the need to buy quality players. At this rate, all those commercial rights will start drying up and they will realise the need to pump money into the team urgently instead of being out rightly stingy or siphoning it into other things.

Moyes has never been, is not and will never be a successful coach. He is too mediocre for a team like man Utd. Sincerely, Fergie needs to be questioned over his choice. His "parapo" mentality put us into this mess. He had every opportunity to get Pep for us but he preferred someone from his village.
The only way Fergie can appease me is for him to come out of retirement like Scholes and save the season ASAP. He should also be blamed for the mediocre players he bought into that team.

I think we are in for a long ride. SAF is NOT going to come out of retirement so we are stuck with Moyes till the season ends. What a pity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2013
nitrogen: Oloshi ni Moyes jare, I don tire to dey abuse am sef, very senseless manager.

Fergie too fvcked up, why Moyes, this time last season or so, correct coaches were eager to take over only for that one silly kinsman abi na countryman to takeover, also, he was buying useless players like young, valencia, and giving clueless welbeck chance to play in the first team. What about Morrisson, Pogba, he sold them off, other top clubs were buying from fellow top clubs, he was buying from wigan, fulham, etc. Rubbish!

Anyway, I don loose hope (this season), if them like, make dem sack moyes, na dem sabi, no be me dey service debt. undecided angry

ROTFLMAO.

SAF knew he was talented and hard working manager who would grow into the job. He would be inheriting a solid structure with everything in place and all had to do was tweak things here and there, while navigating the ship and then slowly building his own legacy and growing into the role. Ultimate Stability.

Unfortunately Moyes decided to take a slightly riskier path, letting go of the multiple title winning backroom staff as well as other in certain departments, disagreeing with the existing United summer transfer targets (Strootman, Thiago e.t.c) and instead trying to identify his own signings, with only a 2 month window to work in and barely a month on the job, as well as a brand new amateur as CEO.

Moyes has not followed the blue print SAF, Sir Bobby and co imagined. Its his right to do it his own way and United (Glazers and co) won't force his hand, but he has clearly underestimated the pressure and nature of this job by taking too many unnecessary risks and now with the results not coming, the pressure has become even more. His mettle is going to be tested a lot earlier than he may have thought.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:02pm On Oct 19, 2013
afrodoc: we won the season last season because
a) we had SAF a legendary winner with EPL experience......now he is gone and his likes are rare

b) our rivals were weak......they have all strengthened this season liverpool,arsenal,chelsea,city and spurs have all improved their squads from last season.
the manager seems to be rubbish yes but don't overestimate the quality of our players.
when i say wholesale i don't mean the whole team but for starters
1) rio ferdinand and ryan giggs should retire
2) ashley young and anderson sold.....one for being asinine and the other for being fat and not delivering on potential
3) fellaini sold off to a mugu russian club or something for 20 million pounds
4) rooney sold to a mugu french club like PSG or Monaco
5) possibly a world class center back to ease vidic out the door soon

6) REPLACE THESE PLAYERS WITH REAL QUALITY!
especially in central midfield

SAF spoiled a lot of United fans by winning titles with mediocre squads. ever since tevez and ronaldo left the teams we have put out have been average, the only reason i had faith in us still competing for titles was the old gaffer. now he has left the mediocrity of most of these players will be exposed
pls stop saying the truth,it is hurting me. Moyes spoilt my weekend so much I can't go out of my house
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2013
superstar1: If we are to make CL at all, Fergie needs to come of retirement.

Not making CL after all will be a blessing. The Glazers and Woodward we see the need to buy quality players. At this rate, all those commercial rights will start drying up and they will realise the need to pump money into the team urgently instead of being out rightly stingy or siphoning it into other things. Come to think of it, which quality player wants to play for Moyes?

can SAF come out of retirement?if yes,he should come out fast o at least for us to make the top 4. Olosi ni moyes ye o

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Candid2022 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.