Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,524 members, 7,861,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:48 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8866075 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro: *** De Gea. He is going to captain Man United in the future. I have no fear from his end any more.

Rumors is DDG could well be off. We were supposed to have begun contractual talks with him regarding an extension, but Moyes and Woods put a halt on it till end of season. Apparently they aren't too comfortable with our gks. Hence why Lindegard has been in and out of the squad and hasn't even played cup games.

Suggestion is Moyes is open to the possibility of using DDG as bait for Fabregas @ Barca or Khedira/Modric from Madrid. We will grab Forster or Begovic as replacements and Woods rates Forster highly and has sent scouts to watch him.

Could turn out that Moyes ends up being convinced into jettisoning any thoughts of let DDG leave , but it could easily be that none of Steele recruits (DDG or Lindegard) will be at O.T next summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
chamotex:

Who would you have in your diamond?

Of the present squad. Carrick as anchor, Cleverley and Ando in the center and Kagawa in front of them. Rooney and RVP upfront with Rooney dropping into midfield the moment we lose possession, so as not to be over-run. If he doesn't want to then Welbeck takes his spot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
montelik:

Rumors is DDG could well be off. We were supposed to have begun contractual talks with him regarding an extension, but Moyes and Woods put a halt on it till end of season. Apparently they aren't too comfortable with our gks. Hence why Lindegard has been in and out of the squad and is hasn't even played cup games.

Suggestion is Moyes is open to the possibility of using DDG as bait for Fabregas @ Barca or Khedira/Modric from Madrid. We will grab Forster or Begovic as replacements and Woods rates Forster highly and has sent scouts to watch him.

Could turn out that Moyes ends up being convinced into jettisoning any thoughts of let DDG leave , but it could easily be that none of Steele recruits (DDG or Lindegard) will be at O.T next summer.

So he thinks Fab would sort all our midfield problems?. I laff!

But seriously, he should be smacked if he goes back to Barca cos of Fab.

That's y we didnt strengthen our mid cos he was after unrealistic targets n guys were blaming Wood.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
montelik:

Rumors is DDG could well be off. We were supposed to have begun contractual talks with him regarding an extension, but Moyes and Woods put a halt on it till end of season. Apparently they aren't too comfortable with our gks. Hence why Lindegard has been in and out of the squad and hasn't even played cup games.

ah!! God forbid oo!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
montelik:

Of the present squad. Carrick as anchor, Cleverley and Ando in the center and Kagawa in front of them. Rooney and RVP upfront with Rooney dropping into midfield the moment we lose possession, so as not to be over-run. If he doesn't want to then Welbeck takes his spot.
i concur!! If we need width, we can call on nani or valencia frm d bench.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
montelik:

He can never risk that. I can bet my life on it except DDG himself wants to leave.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
Everything that could have gone wrong, didn't... even the subs were "sensible" enough.

Hope the lads can keep the positive, up-beat spirit they exhibited and the good fortunes (results) continue.

1 UNITED!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
montelik:

That's about all our Central midfielders grin
No harm in trying it but I doubt DM would make that move
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:28am On Oct 24, 2013
23/10/2013 22:47, Report by Nick Coppack

Moyes hails star man Shinji

David Moyes believes Shinji Kagawa produced his best performance this season in United's 1-0 win over Real Sociedad on Wednesday night.

The Reds beat the Basque side courtesy of a second-minute own goal and forged numerous chances afterwards to put the game to bed. 

Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa was at the heart of many of United's best moves and missed a golden chance himself to add to the scoreline. Fans on ManUtd.com and the club's Twitter account voted him Man of the Match after the final whistle.

Making just his fourth start this season, Kagawa certainly made a strong case for retaining his spot in the side for Saturday's Barclays Premier League encounter against Stoke.

"I thought it was Shinji's best game in my time here," Moyes said.

"He hadn't really found his feet yet but I saw something from Shinji tonight which I hadn't seen in other games, so I was really pleased."

"His effort when we didn't have the ball was fantastic. With Shinji, everybody tells me about his ability and what he has got, but tonight is the first time I’ve really seen Shinji. 

"I thought when we put him into the no.10 role, and even after it, he was good with Wayne. His attitude and energy were excellent and I was pleased for him."

Source: Man Untied official website.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:29am On Oct 24, 2013
At the 85th min I thought Moyes would brainfart again by removing Kagawa and bringing on Lindergaard so that we would have 2 keepers and sustain the 1-0 lead.
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 24, 2013
coded guy: At the 85th min I thought Moyes would brainfart again by removing Kagawa and bringing on Lindergaard so that we would have 2 keepers and sustain the 1-0 lead.
grin
cut d guy some slack ee. He is clearly learning from his mistakes.

Stopping inefective tactics n dropping under performing most players.

Instead of u 2 give him a lil credit ua still hurling abuses. Give d guy time. He WILL come good. He will.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AndrERush(m): 7:50am On Oct 24, 2013
montelik:

This is a complete nonsense from the media or from wherever you got the rumour from.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:57am On Oct 24, 2013
♛AndrERush♛:

This is a complete nonsense from the media or from wherever you got the rumour from.

cheesy
Does not seem likely to me too........but one can never tell
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AndrERush(m): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2013
afrodoc:

cheesy

Moyes is not a foolish man even though many people here would have you believe he is. He knows Degea is a quality keeper, he even said Degea could become the best keeper in the world in a couple years. That doesn't sound like someone who is planning to get rid of Degea in my opinion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 8:59am On Oct 24, 2013
afrodoc:

cheesy

Which other keeper is out there that is better than the combo of DDG and Lindergrad?

It's not just possible. In fact it's unthinkable. Mere thought of it is sacrilegious and that is pressing self destruct red button.

We are very lucky to have a good replacement after VDS. Our last attempt to do so, took us.donkey years to achieve.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2013
*It looks like Antonio Valencia offers far better team work than Nani. He clearly offers better defensive protection to the right side of midfield while at same time relieving the right back player of so much work load.

Should Valencia continue the form he offered against Uruguay in the international break and what we saw yesterday, he will always be considered ahead of Nani in team selection.

* Ashley Young returned with some promises. More selection headache for Moyes. Welbeck and Chicharito might eventually been frustrated out of Man United. Both guys are working so hard, it is just unfortunate that the bigger boys are in the house. And there are still Janujaz and Lingaard who will frog jump into the team ahead Welbeck and Chicha. My opinion.

Zaha will have to be very very patient.

* Kudos to Phil Jones and Evans. I respect their athleticism.

* We could have easily taken 3 points out of the Southampton match had the first sub been Kagawa for Janujaz. The coach is getting to know his team now. He is getting to know the abilities of each and everyone of his players to harness them properly. I hope we have a streak of wins now to boost everyone's confidence.

* One more thing. Had Giggs not played yesterday, would we have been so fluent? There is need for Fellaini to step up and add speed. Fellaini and Cleverly are not exactly the midfielder we need considering what Giggs offered from the midfield. However, Giggs won't be able to do that against the likes of City, Chelsea, Bayern, Barca, etc. Carrick and Giggs were able to use positioning against Socieded and it helped in many instances to intercept their passes. But will such work against the big teams? There is still need for some energy and direct tackles with combination to flair.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:04am On Oct 24, 2013
I guess this is why our summer transfer overall plan was a failure. A big pipeline deal failed.

Former Manchester United assistant Mike Phelan has revealed a top star would have arrived at Old Trafford this summer had Sir Alex Ferguson still be in charged.

Phelan refused to reveal who it would have been but it's understood that Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale were on United's wishlist.

"If Sir Alex and David Gill had still been the bosses, I won’t name the player, but there would have been a star signing - one of the absolute best players in the world," said Phelan.

“It was something the boss talked about, and the owners and David Gill were also quite clear on doing it."

Phelan added: "There’s very few of such players out there. I think it’s clear to everybody who I’m talking about.

"We didn’t see the need for a big clear-out of the squad, that’s why Sir Alex and I had one big signing in sight. One such star signing gives everybody a lift, we saw that with Robin van Persie." (Source: Daily Star, Skysports)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:23am On Oct 24, 2013
elampiro: *** De Gea. He is going to captain Man United in the future. I have no fear from his end any more.

captain united? i disagree with you. we should sell him & buy joe hart. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:40am On Oct 24, 2013
I doubt it woukd have been Ronaldo...Bale more likely
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:49am On Oct 24, 2013
I guess that means the CR7 rumors were true. I doubt it was ever bale and no way could it have been neymar. lewandoski doesn't fit the description.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:01am On Oct 24, 2013
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/
article-2474493/Shinji-Kagawa-chance-
Manchester-United-fluffed-lines–Neil-Ashton.html

typical English man. Rooney was perfect and kagawa flopped. all because they selfishly want Rooney to be happy before the summer's wc. no way can any player be better and more important to united this season than Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:24am On Oct 24, 2013
montelik: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/

typical English man. Rooney was perfect and kagawa flopped. all because they selfishly want Rooney to be happy before the summer's wc. no way can any player be better and more important to united this season than Rooney.

This is laughable at best.
I am not sure Neil Ashton watched the game.
No surprises Ashton has always been a pro Rooney journalist anyway, but to bring down Kagawa at the same time is ludicrous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:26am On Oct 24, 2013
I believe that we played well, but I hope it was not accentuated by the poor form of sociedad.

We ought to have killed the game off considering the amount of chances we had. When we face a more composedn compact and organised team we might not be able to get many chances like we did against sociedad. Our strkers need to be clinical, all have been somewhat subpar with their finishing.

Thank God we did not concede yesterday, the defence also needs to also get their act together, especially concentrating in the final minutes.

Hope Moyes has realised he has a good problem since he now sees Kagawa is a technically gifted player that will surely improve with games, he now has to consider support role like RVP-Kagawa, RVP- Rooney, which we have seen time and time again and Rooney-kagawa combo with welbeck and Chica waiting in the wings in case we have to try something diff.

Stoke next! We are watching.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2013
when giggs looks 10 times better than you in central midfield, you have long way to go. fellaini. stock just keeps falling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
chamotex:

This is laughable at best.
I am not sure Neil Ashton watched the game.
No surprises Ashton has always been a pro Rooney journalist anyway, but to bring down Kagawa at the same time is ludicrous.

all these big english players have journos on their payroll. lampard, gerrard, rooney, etc. they use the media to get what they want - if you bench these players, the manager is in instant trouble.

only a complete fool would say rooney did better than kagawa last night. this is why the players go to international tournaments & flop cos they gas them up to be what they aren't.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

only a complete fool would say rooney did better than kagawa last night. this is why the players go to international tournaments & flop cos they gas them up to be what they aren't.
Funny that this should come up when it was very obvious that Kagawa was easily our best player yesterday.
I'm tired of this debate.
Anyone who thinks Rooney is our best player needs to ask for help.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2013
coogar:

all these big english players have journos on their payroll. lampard, gerrard, rooney, etc. they use the media to get what they want - if you bench these players, the manager is in instant trouble.

The same thing I told you 5yrs ago that English players are not half as good as the media make them to be

No wonder they would be struggling to qualify in a group that has Algeria, Slovenia and USA.

The moment they meet Germany they were ripped apart mind from spirit body from Soul
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Katsumoto: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2013
dayokanu:

The same thing I told you 5yrs ago that English players are not half as good as the media make them to be

No wonder they would be struggling to qualify in a group that has Algeria, Slovenia and USA.

The moment they meet Germany they were ripped apart mind from spirit body from Soul

England can only win the World Cup or Euro Cup on the Sports pages of English newspapers. They have a few good players but certainly not enough and not with the required quality to make impacts at tournaments. The most hyped are Lampard and Rooney. If I managed Fiji, Lampard wouldn't make the team. grin grin grin grin grin Rooney still has some skill but not at the level the English believe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
dayokanu:

england lost to germany in that world cup partly because of the disallowed goal. had the scoreline remained 2-2 at half time, there was no way england would throw caution to the wind & play cavalier football that left them open in the second half.

germany scored twice in the second half from a counter-attack. a scenario that wouldn't have played out if the score was 2-2. this is not saying england were stronger than the germans but you have to agree sometimes an underdog can be a giant slayer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2013
montelik: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/

the silly c. unt has erased the page, did you notice how both he & Rooney were blasted in the comments' section? mtcheeeew

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: lekkie073(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.