Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,002 members, 7,863,607 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8873221 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
At Least the Three Point was Secured Somehow....... This Manutd Yeam no go Kill Person
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
Rooney can't bench van Persie as far as playing a No. 9 is the issue, he should just move to left already. We have Januzaj who can play on the left & through the middle, he definitely has a bright future. I'll like to see him tried in a 2-man CM alongside another young guy *Anderson/Cleverley* who knows, we just may have our own Zidane grin
But Moyes really needs to alter this formation first, straight 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Try Anderson & Cleverley as a pivot with Kagawa or Januzaj in the middle of a 4-2-3-1, our salvation may not be too far away undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
coogar:

just build the team round kagawa.
until kagawa cops injury or suspension, he should be the first name on the team sheet. rooney/RVP should take turns till they figure out their partnership.

another option is 3-4-1-2.
kagawa behind rooney + RVP and we sacrifice a defender. play evans + smalling + jones in the defence.
a 4 man midfield of valencia-cleverley-carrick-nani.

For me if Kagawa gets a run of games and confidence, he'll even get better.
Can't believe he has only played 189 minutes this season.

Kagawa should play behind RVP/Rooney but I enjoyed the Rooney/Kagawa inter change towards the end. It's something that an be built on.

Since our wingers are not even in top form how about this front 4

----------RVP
Rooney Kagawa Nani/Valencia

Rooney would give us more than Kagawa on the wings
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
*** For a team that is trying to find form, I will say weldone.

*** Kagawa and Rooney had a great day, but both missed chances. Rooney missed 3 in my eyes while Kagawa missed 2. Far away, Benzema missed an empty net from 2 yards.

*** I see hope. But EPL teams are harder to crush than Sociedad. So we pray we take this to the EPL.

*** With two more successive wins, the confidence will return. If Rooney and Kagawa can start adding goals, their goal scoring confidence will boost.

*** Now Moyes will have to decide how to get a formation to accommodate Kagawa and Rooney together. Unlike RVP, these guys don't wait only to capialised on a finished pass. They play their way into scoring position. So Moyes has to come up with something for the three guys.

*** Young and Giggs showed form, but Giggs wasn't good defensively.

*** Kagawa footwork and turnings were magnificent. The English commentator said Rooney was TMOM, also Smauel Kufor and the DSTV analyst. I can't pick between the two men easily. They both did very well but I know where my heart is. Lol.

*** Kagawa surprisingly covered a very high KM.

*** Rooney sense of positioning during attack was magnificent. He gave a perfect pass to Valencia again.

*** Our defence was very okay. The intro of Smalling was timely. Rafael was a risk to his team in his yellow card and his adventure into attacking positions.

*** Valencia did very well and helped our central midfield to clean up some poo.
*** With this kind of performance, we can gradually add to our goals as RVP returns and the rest find scoring form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
SailorXY: Rooney can't bench van Persie as far as playing a No. 9 is the issue, he should just move to left already. We have Januzaj who can play on the left & through the middle, he definitely has a bright future. I'll like to see him tried in a 2-man CM alongside another young guy *Anderson/Cleverley* who knows, we just may have our own Zidane grin
But Moyes really needs to alter this formation first, straight 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. Try Anderson & Cleverley as a pivot with Kagawa or Januzaj in the middle of a 4-2-3-1, our salvation may not be too far away undecided

It should be down to form...whoever is on form
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
dademola: Giggs, rooney and kagawa were our best players tonite
Giggs and Kagawa were excellent tonight.Rooney was stingy and he kept slowing down the pace of the game when we tend to attack. Carrick was also superb tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
royale442: Giggs and Kagawa were excellent tonight.Rooney was stingy and he kept slowing down the pace of the game when we tend to attack. Carrick was also superb tonight.
dunno d game u watched, bt d one i saw tonite, rooney put in an above-average performance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
Also let us not forget DM for making good substitutions at the right time.
okay performance in summary but its not yet uhuru
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
chamotex:

dts d ish! Despite d fact dt kagawa /rooney combo was a delight to watch today, RVP must still play; weda he is in form or not!! Smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
*** If we can get a win in Spain, we will be sure of qualification.

*** Our boys can play ball, only that they haven't find form and confidence is low.

*** But I am not sure Giggs can play against those EPL guys like this. We need a young midfielder by January. A payer who has good ball control and is around 26 years old.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
afrodoc: Also let us not forget DM for making good substitutions at the right time.
okay performance in summary but its not yet uhuru

Yep, EPL is a different kettle of fish.
But some promising leads came out of this game tonight.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro: *** If we can get a win in Spain, we will be sure of qualification.

*** Our boys can play ball, only that they haven't find form and confidence is low.

*** But I am not sure Giggs can play against those EPL guys like this. We need a young midfielder by January. A payer who has good ball control and is around 26 years old.

We can't play Giggs against Stoke.
Don't think DM will let him play 2 games in 4 days anyway.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
And one moderfucker on this thread said kagawa is not an epl abi Man U material...#
grin grin grin

On today's match;
Amidst d fine showing of some of our players...we weren't still good enuff...

And lest I forget David moyes is still a retarded dumb fukc wen it comes to substitutions!!..

#GGMU cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by royale442(m): 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
dademola: dunno d game u watched, bt d one i saw tonite, rooney put in an above-average performance
ofcourse he did, but he was stingy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
Did anybody notice that rooney was tryna avoid passing 2 kagawa? Esp in d 1st half!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro: *** If we can get a win in Spain, we will be sure of qualification.

*** But I am not sure Giggs can play against those EPL guys like this. We need a young midfielder by January. A payer who has good ball control and is around 26 years old

Who do you have in mind??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Oghos1: Did anybody notice that rooney was tryna avoid passing 2 kagawa? Esp in d 1st half!!

Rooney is not good with defence splitting passes...he doesn't possess dat kinda technique!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2013
elrony: And one moderfucker on this thread said kagawa is not an epl abi Man U material...#
grin grin grin

Moyes don go give am weight carry na. You no know wetin dey happen. He no dey fit run this long km like this before and them dey bully am off the ball. Today he jumped higher than a taller defender.

Hope he takes the form to EPL games because successive EPL games removes any initial gragra from players games. May be he can be our Hazard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Oghos1: Did anybody notice that rooney was tryna avoid passing 2 kagawa? Esp in d 1st half!!

I didn't see anything like that.

Repent o. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
elrony:

Who do you have in mind??

I have no idea. A player can Modric. Someone who can dribble his way from the midfield to attack without losing possession.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
chamotex:

a one-legged RVP is better than rooney as a lead striker. it's not even debatable. the only thing rooney has is pace and pace is useless without a football brain to go with it.

rooney's decision making in the box needs help. sometimes, the difference between missing & scoring are fine details - like doing a dummy when defenders expect you to shoot or thinking out of the box. rooney lacks that intelligence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

I have no idea. A player can Modric. Someone who can dribble his way from the midfield to attack without losing possession.
modric?? Were u not d one dt sed song is a better option because song "tackles"? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

Moyes don go give am weight carry na. You no know wetin dey happen. He no dey fit run this long km like this before and them dey bully am off the ball. Today he jumped higher than a taller defender.

Hope he takes the form to EPL games because successive EPL games removes any initial gragra from players games. May be he can be our Hazard.

Lol military training abi??...d one wey woundjure RVP lol grin grin

Don't be surprised ..Oga dumblefuck go put d guy for bench next week for 90mins
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
*** De Gea. He is going to captain Man United in the future. I have no fear from his end any more.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

I didn't see anything like that.

Repent o. Lol
lol. I can swear. Rooney was deliberately refusing to pass 2 kagawa when he was in and around d box open. (In d 1st half).

elrony:

Rooney is not good with defence splitting passes...he doesn't possess dat kinda technique!!

I know bro. Buh datz nt wah m talkin'bou
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
elampiro:

Lol Modrić .??..I don't think dat is possible sha
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
We really should consider a diamond. One of our most dominant performances last season came when SAF was forced to play diamond due the injuries to our wingers (away at Newcastle).

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
coogar:

a one-legged RVP is better than rooney as a lead striker. it's not even debatable. the only thing rooney has is pace and pace is useless without a football brain to go with it.

rooney's decision making in the box needs help. sometimes, the difference between missing & scoring are fine details - like doing a dummy when defenders expect you to shoot or thinking out of the box. rooney lacks that intelligence.

I disagree!
Nobody should be indispensable...if RVP is stinking up the joint, let him bench...same for others
They all need a kick up the backside
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
dademola: modric?? Were u not d one dt sed song is a better option because song "tackles"? grin grin

I changed my mind.

We can train Fellaini to tackle. I am looking at someone who can blend with the flair play I saw tonight. May be Carrick may be the one to give way in the future because of his shadow marking style. I am still confident Fellaini will come good soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
Oghos1: lol. I can swear. Rooney was deliberately refusing to pass 2 kagawa when he was in and around d box open. (In d 1st half).

I saw dat too ..dunno if he was high!! grin...same happened in d Sunderland game with RVP
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
montelik: We really should consider a diamond. One of our most dominant performances last season came when SAF was forced to play diamond due the injuries to our wingers (away at Newcastle).

Who would you have in your diamond?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by papparatzzi2013: 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
Decent performance, maybe our best so far the season.

Wish we can kick start our season With this performance and put an end to the stop-start thing we are doing.

Nice 3points.

Ti a ba sha ni je oba, a de ma jeba. Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jokerman(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.