Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8691389 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by crazypencils20: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2018
slimghost:

You have said it all! Except I don't think we need a RB urgently.

Imo Fosu Mensah is good enough to take over RB from Valencia. Haven't watched him a lot but I saw him in Palace v Liverpool and vs City. Definitely good enough to play for us.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
chidexxy007:

Yes, as a backup to Shaw

What's this obsession with a LB since last season? Let's leave Shaw and maybe Young first. You people think watching Valencia is fun? We as a matter of urgency need a proper RB, and a backup in Fosu Mensah hopefully. However, the most important of our game now is in the midfield, that's where according to Mourinho we will be prioritizing in the summer market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
slimghost:

You have said it all! Except I don't think we need a RB urgently.
We need one brov.. Valencia is aging. You saw what happened when he was injured? Damn.. Damian ain't a Utd player
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by joeace2020(m): 12:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
PietroRico:
abeg bad things dey always happen when players bulk up too rapidly. Depay when he just came to England, lsaac success, even Rashford. Ever since that one pack muscle, he sense don reduce.

He is tall, just that he is like a broomstick.
Make them allow grow at a normal rate.
Na just gomez I dey worry about.
I no know how them go do that one.

Gomes is small and will remain small. He is in the likes of Messi, Silva, Mata, Sanchez in terms of physical appearance and we know how easy small people move with the ball. He honestly doesn't need to bulk up much. See Messi, how many muscle him get but players keep fouling and fouling him, he gets going like nothing touched him. Gomes should work more on building his C of G.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by stephenGee12(m): 3:09pm On Feb 06, 2018
apart from tahith chong and gomes.
there is also
Ethan lard that guy is just 16 and he is a full back at the right but when he attacks you just have to clap for him.
then also puigmal from espanyol free kick expert knows how to pick spaces like de bruyne and very good with his head. he is a midfielder and he his 18.
then there is ramazani oh my God. He can pick in between defences that are as tight as Burnley anytime any way.
then there is also greenwood he is a good midfielder recovers quickly and shot power is terrific 90% of his goals are from 30 yards out.
then also there is Indy bohui a great forward but he is too prone to fights.
and there is also Tim Chang good with one on one but prone to injury. and many others but this guys are the one who stand out in our under 18 and 16 age grade.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2018
TFM must be brought back to be understudy Valencia. Darmian has to leave this summer. I like Blind but I don't see where he fits in anymore so I'm ok with him leaving too. Tuanzebe can take his spot. We need a new top class cb. Lindelof looks a mess and doesn't look good enough. So for cb back next season we'll have. Jones, Smalling,Rojo,Bailly,Lindelof. I think Smalling will get sold. In my ideal world we would sell Lindelof. One more central midfielder instead of Fellaini that will start alongside Pogba and Matic as a midfield 3.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2018
MoR2:
they said pep won six trophies in a year, the same way Zidane won 5 trophies in 2017. so according to you and all the fools that liked your post a season is a year

I don't even understand your counting, your quick to insult because people like it here.

you said pep won 13trophies in 3years whereas Enrique won 7 in 3years now pep started in 2008 and Enrique started in 2014. so the three years for Enrique stopped before July 2017 that is three full seasons.

when I quoted you first its not because I have a problem with pep, I like pep and believe he is the best manager in the world but unlike you I dont have to lie or give half truths.

If there is one team I will never support in England it's united but I will never do the nonsense you do because I don't like a club and try to make fools of fans that are humans as well with different preference.

here's is the nonsense you wrote

they will keep accusing you of half truths when you say something like 2 CL titles in 41years and don't mention that they went to 3finals in 4 years before pep. Bros a recent history over ancient history.

they will keep accusing you of half truths when you Enrique won 7 trophies in 3years and pep won 13 and not include the years! why, smiley you want to play smart with peoples head abi.

and that was my response and reaction to you.

but because of your pride and ego to always be right, because you think your right doesn't mean you are. you are just blinded by your pride.

you don't even see that your a irritating people with your constant nonsense like your are the only person that likes pep and man city.

so how exactly are you counting your years. is your own year more than 365/366 days.

YOU ARE JUST HERE TO CONFUSE PEOPLE and that is the truth. you are a confused human being spreading your confusion.

you so 'fool' of yourself. simple question what are you counting. and this is what your 'erudite' brain could come up with.

"So when they said Pep won a sextuple how was he able to do it since the World Club cup, Uefa Super Cup and Spanish Cup are played the "following" season?
"

just to confuse people.

you think you're educated when you can't have a discussion without insults shows you have never had a meaningful productive conversation in your life.

anyway I never expected anything better from you.

I have no business with United. I only come here once in a while if Pep is insulted and I am in the mood. I don't even troll their players of which I am on record (this season) saying Pogba and KDB are on par ability wise.

This senseless pandering you are doing to curry favours and save face will only impress other half-truthers and liars I exposed here.

You are disingenuously trying to discriminate between seasons and years as if those latter 3 trophies that make up for a sextuple are not available between (Aug-Dec) of the season ending year and to only teams that may have won certain other trophies leading to that. So even if Enrique was here till 2017 Dec, he would have only been able to play that Spanish Super Cup final (which he would still have lost to RM after all he lost to Bilbao last season). That still means he would have had 7 trophies in 3 years to Pep's 13.

You say I resort to insults but that is only because you recently started reading me. I will never be the first to do that and traditionally would ignore such until I realized people on here do it because they think you can't dish it out the same way.

The pride and arrogance you talk about is the usual cop-out of people who cannot back up their statements or accept glaring goofs. You are Primus inter pares in that regard.

Now who is trying to confuse people? You who knows that World Club Cup, Uefa Super Cup can only be won by the team that won the UCL (RM) yet you are making the discourse about pedantic counting of days and weeks just to keep finding a way out for your feeble argument or me who exposed you?

Your guess is almost as good as mine.

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannister20: 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2018
Imagine someone with sense saying he only comes here when pep is insulted, as if Pep is his father, I have never seen this level of ass licking and obsession in my more than 20 decades in this world

If only Pep knew he had a personal Voltron on nairaland.. Pathetic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lannister20:
Imagine someone with sense saying he only comes here when pep is insulted, as if Pep is his father, I have never seen this level of ass licking and obsession in my more than 20 decades in this world

Well. Someone with sense did not see that the emphasis was on "coming to the united thread".

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lannister20:

Does the man utd board know of your existence, does mourinho know of any lannister on nairaland? Yet you cheer for them and argue on their behalf every time...

so all what you just wrote is plain hypocrisy and it shows that you're disturbed by the work is doing here

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 5:07pm On Feb 06, 2018
randomperson:

Does the man utd board know of your existence, does mourinho know of any lannister on nairaland? Yet you Chet for them and argue on their behalf every time...

so all what you just wrote is plain hypocrisy and it shows that you're disturbed by the work he is doing here

Of course bro. Of course.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannister20: 5:23pm On Feb 06, 2018
randomperson:

Does the man utd board know of your existence, does mourinho know of any lannister on nairaland? Yet you cheer for them and argue on their behalf every time...

so all what you just wrote is plain hypocrisy and it shows that you're disturbed by the work is doing here

Do you see me go to the Chelsea thread every time the name "mourihno" is mentioned? And you bringing the club I support into it is just baseless, and as much s I am a fan of Man United, you don't see me going to other threads to defend them every chance I get, that will make me a fanatic or an obsessed fan

And what work is being done here? The only work I see here is Intensive ass licking and it is a pity it doesn't come with a pay or income
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannister20: 5:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
Eruditor:

Well. Someone with sense did not see that the emphasis was on "coming to the united thread".

"I have no business with United, I only come here if pep is insulted" what other point are you trying to make? It is as straight forward as it is, you only come here when Pep is insulted and for no other reason, that is ass licking and obsession at the highest level, and to think you are not getting paid

You are really someone with sense

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lannister20:

"I have no business with United, I only come here once in a while if pep is insulted and I am in the mood"/what other point are you trying to make? It is as straight forward as it is, you only come here when Pep is insulted and for no other reason, that is ass licking and obsession at the highest level, and to think you are not getting paid

You are really someone with sense

What you did now is called fallacy of ellipsis. You purposely misquoted me to perpetuate your narrative. Not the first time it will happen here though.

Keywords:

I come where? HERE (united thread)
When? Once in a while.
Why? If Pep is insulted (lies told etc) and I am in the mood.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
That erudite boy is forming intellect...See Mr Scholar I don't speak English OUI? so keep it simple and to the point...Merci Beaucoup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannister20: 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
Eruditor:

What you did now is called fallacy of ellipsis. You purposely misquoted me to perpetuate your narrative. Not the first time it will happen here though.

Keywords:

I come where? HERE (united thread)
When? Once in a while.
Why? If Pep is insulted (lies told etc) and I am in the mood.

I never thought "here" to be some place else other the United thread

If the Last 3 to 4 days is "once in a while" then I think I have been misinformed

"I am in the mood" I believe that mood comes anytime Pep is mentioned for the wrong reasons

see why I said there isn't any other point to make

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 5:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lannister20:

So based on logistics, u re around 200 yrs old...

Methuselah Jnr.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannister20: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lana1:
So based on logistics, u re around 200 yrs old...

Methuselah Jnr.

Lol, I meant 2 decades, I had no idea I said 20
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eruditor: 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lannister20:

I never thought "here" to be some place else other the United thread

If the Last 3 to 4 days is "once in a while" then I think I have been misinformed

"I am in the mood" I believe that mood comes anytime Pep is mentioned for the wrong reasons

see why I said there isn't any other point to make

I see it. You made none.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lannister20: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2018
Eruditor:

I see it. You made none.

I never intended to make any, I only intended to point out your ass licking and obsession
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:57pm On Feb 06, 2018
Ass lickin 2.0 cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:09pm On Feb 06, 2018
I never knew of this generous gesture till few minutes ago. Maximum respect to Real Madrid for their offers in the wake of the Busby Babes deaths.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/06/real-madrids-offer-loanalfredo-di-stefano-man-utd-munich-air/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
sinizia:
I never knew of this generous gesture till few minutes ago. Maximum respect to Real Madrid for their offers in the wake of the Busby Babes deaths.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/02/06/real-madrids-offer-loanalfredo-di-stefano-man-utd-munich-air/

This is how you know small kids...Later they will be insulting elders like me when we offer our sage football knowledge .
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:24pm On Feb 06, 2018
R.I.P

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
Duncan Edwards

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
The crash.

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:28pm On Feb 06, 2018

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2018
Bobby Charlton

1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 7:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
Vanquay:

This is how you know small kids...Later they will be insulting elders like me when we offer our sage football knowledge .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6614266_65490_jpeg41b02b0888e1279f95e03447ada6f2c0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
joeace2020:

What's this obsession with a LB since last season? Let's leave Shaw and maybe Young first. You people think watching Valencia is fun? We as a matter of urgency need a proper RB, and a backup in Fosu Mensah hopefully. However, the most important of our game now is in the midfield, that's where according to Mourinho we will be prioritizing in the summer market.
Baba, this is not about obsession, we need a LB more than we need a RB. watching Val isnt fun but he's still very much reliable than Young on the opposite. Young isnt getting any younger plus shaw's fitness is still susceptible. Buying a proper LB that can deputize for shaw whenever he's not available instead of playing Young or Damain isnt a bad call.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 8:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
sebod:

Funny enough, you are one of the few posters here whose post I always admire. I want to assume you didn't get my points right to warrant all these unnecessary bashing.
I take my time to read posts here when I have the time but you hardly see me post. Same applies to other football threads, I hardly troll.

My point? Pep is also human being like us who is liable to make mistakes, step on toes, 'misyarn' at times and offend too. He's not an angel let alone God. So, it's just somehow to me when whatever he now says or does is always subjected to unnecessary scrutiny especially when he's doing fine. I now see more of Pep and City's debate here than that of United.

As regards the bench issue, I applauded your submission as regards him being freed if he's not broken any rule, and if he did, he should be rightly punished.

As regards discussing Madrid on Barca thread, you only emphasised my point. Read it again sir, you will get my point. I claimed what Barca fans were criticised doing then is now what we see every minute on United thread. I don't think there should be any issue on that.

please, if you can check my posts from Barca thread to every other football threads on this forum, I am sure you cant find me trolling endlessly/unnecessarily anywhere let alone engaging in back and forth arguments. I never expected this sort of bashing, not even from a certain Siniza that I regard as one of the posters here with little or no sentiment.
I guess the order of the day now is to gun down any other club fan that posts here irrespective of whatever is posted. Check well bro, not everyone that posts is a troll.

Just seeing this now. . .

Sincere apologies from the depth of my heart if my rebuttal rubbed you off the wrong way. It's just that since the Sanchez saga ended in our favor, the kind of posts I've read from Pep's fans got me feeling some type of way.

Concerning the criticisms of Pep. I think you've got to get used to it. It comes with the territory. It's the price Pep and other coaches + players must pay for being famous. Every coach or at least most coaches will tell you they've felt bad with the kind of criticisms they've been subjected to.

Wenger has been facing barrage of criticisms, good or bad, fair or unfair, from virtually everybody. Even Arsenal's ex-players have called for his sack. Celebrity fan like Piers Morgan want him out. He gets abused monthly on Arsenal FanTV.

Klopp nko? He's always under pressure. You see the likes of Carragher and Gary on his case, condemning his players, his choice of goalkeepers etc.

Mourinho's own is like everyday greeting.

What about Conte? If you feel Pep gets the worst criticism then you must have not heard about Conte complaining that media is biased towards him.

Papers must sell. Pundits must write. Analysts must scrutinise every move. They get paid that way. It's the source of their incomes. Fans must discuss and dissect their decisions. It's something that's been happening before I was born, it will never stop. It's not different from what Trump or Buhari faces every day of their regins. And even after their tenure, they'd still be talked about. So, long after Pep is gone, he'll still be talked about, his positives, praised; his negatives, laid to bare. Just get used to it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by randomperson: 8:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lannister20:

Do you see me go to the Chelsea thread every time the name "mourihno" is mentioned? And you bringing the club I support into it is just baseless, and as much s I am a fan of Man United, you don't see me going to other threads to defend them every chance I get, that will make me a fanatic or an obsessed fan

And what work is being done here? The only work I see here is Intensive ass licking and it is a pity it doesn't come with a pay or income

Firstly, you or your conduct are not the standard for good nairaland behavior, so what you do or don't do is immaterial...

it's not out of place neither is it uncommon for people to go to threads of rival clubs to push agendas, to troll the fans or to start up arguments.

just yesterday, utd fans were all over Chelsea's thread trolling them over their loss. nd in fact, united fans go to other threads regularly for Herrera vs kante arguments, to criticize hazard or even to criticize other managers...

So crying wolf when someone comes to your thread and is not even trolling reinforces the idea that you're disturbed by what he's saying

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5190) (5191) (5192) (5193) (5194) (5195) (5196) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.