Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:35 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8875896 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (14217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
LOL just came back to see that Coogar has in his usual manner changed it to an overweight/underweight issue based on BMI.
And of course Rooney got dragged into the debate as usual, i thought this was about the chubby Brazilian? cheesy

I know all about BMI and being overweight,obese,morbidly obese e.t.c but for me this was never about that. I dont know about others but i dont think i have ever used the term for Anderson, i always call him FAT Anderson grin and believe me GustavoFring has proved beyond reasonable doubt with his pictures that speak a thousand words each how jiggly his torso is. I guess u know being fat is not a matter of BMI.
FAT Anderson is FAT, we all know this. That is the reason why he gets specially measured for jerseys and eats alone cheesy

And i have to say your knowledge of BMI while commendable is not actually complete. When rating whether a person's weight is at a critical level posing a clear and present danger to the person bariatric surgeons use other parameters e.g co-morbid factors in addition to BMI to judge. So you see the quality of life the person has and his general health and performance are factored into it. They don't just calculate the BMI and prep the person for surgery.

LeBron's overweight BMI is actually good for him as we can see from his performances and as we can expect from his style of play. If he reduces to the weight of Kevin Durant just to have a normal BMI we can expect his performances to drop.

The opposite is the case with FAT Anderson , we see him labor day in day out breathing like an asthmatic patient who fell in a tall field of allergenic grass, trying his best to move his FAT a.ss around the pitch, turning at the speed of the king in Village Headmaster.
He sure is FAT grin

The nugget for today is for you to realize that there are people who are overweight but not fat e.g LeBron and there are people who are obviously FAT (thanks GustavoFring cheesy) but may not be overweight e.g FAT ANDERSON cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
GustavoFring:
I think the question you should be asking is who is more useful hmm?
I honestly don't know why you brought Rooney into this argument.

i brought the rooney argument because of the obvious bias on this thread. no one ever talks about rooney's weight that has made him lose a yard of pace but anderson gets criticised about his weight when it's clear as daylight he's not fat...

You say Anderson can run the manure midfield. I say he is fat.

but i have proven he's not fat.....if rooney can run games with his BMI bordering on overweight then anderson would even run games far more easily.

You say Rooney is fatter and point to BMI

the most widely accepted tool to measure players with weight issues.

I dont dispute Rooney's weight issues but point out the BMI is not used to measure professional athletes. Then you ask who is healthier?

anderson & rooney are both professional athletes. the inaccuracy of BMI stems from the fact that it tends to overestimate the fatness in professional athletes, not underscore it.

anderson recording 22.4 BMI as a professional athlete is also an overestimation just like rooney's 24.6. BMI cannot underscore anderson & overscore rooney when they are both pro-athletes so no matter how you spin it, rooney is still less healthier than anderson.

Any manager in the world will pick Rooney over Anderson. Fat or not.

perhaps anderson would get a nod over rooney in the brazilian league.

So I honestly don't understand why you're trying to compare the two. undecided

if rooney's weight is not a hindrance to his performance, why is anderson's weight a problem. people don't criticise anderson for his performance, they criticise his weight & his susceptibility to injuries.....so why shouldn't i compare him to the great white hope who is less healthier?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
In a strange way I am pleased we will be without Carrick and Jones, Moyes now has little choice but to give Cleverley, Anderson and Fellaini starting berths over the next 2 games. I sincerely hope he doesn't try unnecessary gimmicks, like Rooney or Kagawa in central midfield. Giggs should be amongst the subs just in case.

Let see what the natural central midfielders in the squad are made of.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc: LOL just came back to see that Coogar has in his usual manner changed it to an overweight/underweight issue based on BMI.
And of course Rooney got dragged into the debate as usual, i thought this was about the chubby Brazilian? cheesy

I know all about BMI and being overweight,obese,morbidly obese e.t.c but for me this was never about that. I dont know about others but i dont think i have ever used the term for Anderson, i always call him FAT Anderson grin and believe me GustavoFring has proved beyond reasonable doubt with his pictures that speak a thousand words each how jiggly his torso is. I guess u know being fat is not a matter of BMI.
FAT Anderson is FAT, we all know this. That is the reason why he gets specially measured for jerseys and eats alone cheesy

And i have to say your knowledge of BMI while commendable is not actually complete. When rating whether a person's weight is at a critical level posing a clear and present danger to the person bariatric surgeons use other parameters e.g co-morbid factors in addition to BMI to judge. So you see the quality of life the person has and his general health and performance are factored into it. They don't just calculate the BMI and prep the person for surgery.

LeBron's overweight BMI is actually good for him as we can see from his performances and as we can expect from his style of play. If he reduces to the weight of Kevin Durant just to have a normal BMI we can expect his performances to drop.

The opposite is the case with FAT Anderson , we see him labor day in day out breathing like an asthmatic patient who fell in a tall field of allergenic grass, trying his best to move his FAT a.ss around the pitch, turning at the speed of the king in Village Headmaster.
He sure is FAT grin

The nugget for today is for you to realize that there are people who are overweight but not fat e.g LeBron and there are people who are obviously FAT (thanks GustavoFring cheesy) but may not be overweight e.g FAT ANDERSON cheesy

no, you didn't know about BMI..until last nite!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
montelik: In a strange way I am pleased we will be without Carrick and Jones, Moyes now has little choice but to give Cleverley, Anderson and Fellaini starting berths over the next 2 games. I sincerely hope he doesn't try unnecessary gimmicks, like Rooney or Kagawa in central midfield. Giggs should be amongst the subs just in case.

Let see what the natural central midfielders in the squad are made of.

yes i agree.
we should start the next match with cleverley and fellaini and if any of them messes up we can bring FAT Ando in.
Its time people started settling in their natural positions ,we are 3 months into the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
coogar:

no, you didn't know about BMI..until last nite!

guy the doc in the name i use here is not decoration. I have been one for 10 years. BMI? cheesy

Read about the Anterior drawer test and the Lachman test, compare and contrast them and give me your assessment of which is a better assessment tool. When u drop a written essay here we can discuss. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
coogar:

if rooney's weight is not a hindrance to his performance, why is anderson's weight a problem. people don't criticise anderson for his performance, they criticise his weight & his susceptibility to injuries.....so why shouldn't i compare him to the great white hope who is less healthier?

O.K. for sake of argument, Rooney is 'less healthier'

But Anderson is still FAT. grin grin grin grin

You always know where you can find the fatso...

EATING!!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
GustavoFring:
O.K. for sake of argument, Rooney is 'less healthier'

thank you!!!

But Anderson is still FAT. grin grin grin grin
You always know where you can find the fatso...

EATING!!!! grin

it's only in a parallel universe you would call a 69kg, 1.76m man a fatso. mount your bathroom scale & show us what you weigh. grin

afrodoc:
guy the doc in the name i use here is not decoration. I have been one for 10 years. BMI? cheesy

Read about the Anterior drawer test and the Lachman test, compare and contrast them and give me your assessment of which is a better assessment tool. When u drop a written essay here we can discuss. cheesy

and tonto dikeh is a virgin....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
coogar:

thank you!!!

it's only in a parallel universe you would call a 69kg, 1.76m man a fatso. mount your bathroom scale & show us what you weigh. grin

Anderson must have mastered inter-dimensional travel to a fine art.

Because this photo was clearly not taken in this dimension grin
[img][img]http://www.manutdtalk.com/index.php?attachments/fatando-jpg.777/[/img][/img]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc: LOL just came back to see that Coogar has in his usual manner changed it to an overweight/underweight issue based on BMI.

He sure is FAT grin

bros, its painful that d highlighted phrase cant just sink into some pple's heads. smh undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
coogar:

thank you!!!

and tonto dikeh is a virgin....

LOL this is beneath you cheesy

why not read about those topics i mentioned and take down some notes. Then we can come discuss them here, it would be a form of education for you grin.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
dademola: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-anderson-says-hes-1494030

LMAO so he spends his days visiting pastry shops and "sampling"?
no wonder he has been a teletubbie all these years cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
GustavoFring:

Anderson must have mastered inter-dimensional travel to a fine art.

Because this photo was clearly not taken in this dimension grin

my job is done here - i shall continue to bust football myths here with my supreme intelligence.

afrodoc:
LOL this is beneath you cheesy

why not read about those topics i mentioned and take down some notes. Then we can come discuss them here, it would be a form of education for you grin.

what's beneath you?
there's no more education for me - i learnt all i needed to jibe about weight/BMI before i clocked 10. you are the one in a bubble misinforming the public that a 69kg professional football player is fat. your degree should be taken from you......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
LOL so is tonto dike truly a virgin then? grin

well since being fat has nothing to do BMI i guess you should have waited until you were more than 10 learn about it grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc: LOL so is tonto dike truly a virgin then? grin

well since being fat has nothing to do BMI i guess you should have waited until you were more than 10 learn about it grin

being fat has a lot to do with BMI.
the inaccuracy can only be found when you compare a non-athlete with an athlete. if the comparison is between 2 non-athletes(elampiro & afrodork) or (rooney & anderson) then BMI analysis is fairly accurate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc:

LMAO so he spends his days visiting pastry shops and "sampling"?
no wonder he has been a teletubbie all these years cheesy
anderson is fatter than d 4 teletubbies combined togeda! u obviously meant barney!!![img][/img]

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=afrodoc].
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc:

Read about the Anterior drawer test and the Lachman test, compare and contrast them and give me your assessment of which is a better assessment tool. When u drop a written essay here we can discuss
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
coogar:

being fat has a lot to do with BMI.
the inaccuracy can only be found when you compare a non-athlete with an athlete. if the comparison is between 2 non-athletes(elampiro & afrodork) or (rooney & anderson) then BMI analysis is fairly accurate.

we are talking about athletes.
was the great Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens fat at BMI 33. If u dont know him check his pics
Is Lebron fat?
so many people are overweight but not fat, not just athletes. because BMI DOES NOT distinguish between muscle, fat and bone.

So u can have a big boned and heavily muscled guy who is not fat registering as overweight in the BMI scale e.g lebron james,ray lewis and so many other people. but u will see fat and jiggly people like anderson register within normal BMI.
do u know why? because bone and muscle contribute more to weight than fat. so the guy with much fat might not register much weight but the big boned and muscular guy will. So u now know why BMI and fat are not synonymous?

HOWEVER fat contributes more to health risk than bone or muscle. So a more accurate assessment of health risk than mere BMI according to most experts would be Body Fat Percentage. But its a more technical and expensive assessment so BMI is done usually.

The nugget for today is that BMI has a lot to do with being overweight but not with being fat cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
GustavoFring: This same Dayo writing a treatise on European football is the same one that claimed that David Beckham had 2 assists in the '99 Champions league final .... grin grin

If you cannot remember the momentous events that occurred in a final against your own club,events that happened more recently than '93,'95, and '98, how can you prove that you are not a copy and paste master?

You dey accuse Elampiro when you sef na gaffe master.

I laugh in Portuguese. grin grin grin

In the Champions League final Man Utd scored off two corners which were delivered by whom? David Beckham
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc:

yes i agree.
we should start the next match with cleverley and fellaini and if any of them messes up we can bring FAT Ando in.
Its time people started settling in their natural positions ,we are 3 months into the season

I would go with Ando and Tom C, as Fellaini played midweek and he can always start against Leverkusen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
elampiro:
It is clear you have watched plenty of youtube or you have watched these videos again recently or you are a man of 45 years of age to have been so passionate about knowing every player name in 1992 and being able to easily recall now.

Till now, when Man United play big teams as Porto, Monaco, Leverkusen I will not be able to mention more than half of the players names the next day. I will just know we played against 11 men and I saw some of their good players which I could recall their names.

My interest in football is limited to EPL, UCL big matches. Some Laliga matches particularly Madrid and Barca fixtures. Seria top fixtures, sometimes when Bayern and Dortmund meet. Very scantily other leagues. Then the FIFA, CAF, COPA, EURO cups, etc. When Man United beat Leverkusen 4-1, ask me about who scored the one for Leverkusen, I don't know and I don't intend to know. It adds nothing to me. The ones I knew are already enough stress.

So if you like shout from the roof top EPL fans know nothing about other leagues or how elampiro can't remember some things in early '90s, I don't care and won't ever care. I know one of our heroes then was a certain Jin Pere @apin (not sure of the names spellings), but ask me questions about him now, I have since forgotten.
I have a relative who watches football like the way a bank manager is glued to his computer. He watches even South Africa league and knows details. May be in this your new line of argument, I can call him to come and face you. Lol

All those details you want me to know, may be when I become a football analyst for Super Sports, I can begin to make effort to be so detail. If I am not so detail now is memorizing names of players, you could imagine how it was for me in 20 years back when I was preparing to write WAEC, JAMB, etc.

This is just going to buttress the fact that you know nothing about European football and dont watch games just read online

How would you know when you only watch Man Utd and focus on Rooney. The first step is to watch the games and know at least the stars of the opposition

By the way how did Jin Pere @apin (not sure of the names spellings) become one of your heroes?

BTW go and learn about this pose at Wembley

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc:

we are talking about athletes.
was the great Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens fat at BMI 33. If u dont know him check his pics
Is Lebron fat?
so many people are overweight but not fat, not just athletes. because BMI DOES NOT distinguish between muscle, fat and bone.

use your common sense, medical director grin
is ray lewis fat in comparison to who? is lebron fat in comparison to who? i analysed rooney & anderson with the BMI. any inaccuracy the BMI shows in rooney would also show with anderson. they are fairly the same height but rooney weighs 9kg more - even a lunatic receiving special prayers at the barbeach must agree rooney is the less healthier amongst the two.

So u can have a big boned and heavily muscled guy who is not fat registering as overweight in the BMI scale e.g lebron james,ray lewis and so many other people. but u will see fat and jiggly people like anderson register within normal BMI.
do u know why? because bone and muscle contribute more to weight than fat. so the guy with much fat might not register much weight but the big boned and muscular guy will. So u now know why BMI and fat are not synonymous?

see a doctor talking like a roadside carpenter - lebron is taller than anderson, any weight he cops has more body surface area to be distributed. this is why height & weight are the 2 important parameters in the BMI.

HOWEVER fat contributes more to health risk than bone or muscle. So a more accurate assessment of health risk than mere BMI according to most experts would be Body Fat Percentage. But its a more technical and expensive assessment so BMI is done usually.

if anderson's BMI says his weight is healthy, there's no way his fat can be considered a health risk. just like i told gustavofring, BMI only overscores the fat content in pro-athletes, it does not underscore it. anderson's 22.4 BMI is very very healthy for a pro-athlete. debarring any freak accident, anderson will die later than wayne rooney.

The nugget for today is that BMI has a lot to do with being overweight but not with being fat cheesy

says the mouth of a quack doctor......
69kg man standing at 1.76m is fat? i hope you are aware working as a receptionist in an abortion clinic does not qualify you as a doctor. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 2:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
smiley
montelik:

I would go with Ando and Tom C, as Fellaini played midweek and he can always start against Leverkusen.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
dayokanu:
In the Champions League final Man Utd scored off two corners which were delivered by whom? David Beckham

dayokanu, this is fraudulent....
there was about a period of 10 secs between beckham's delivery & the first goal. actually, it was a pinball moment with schmeichel & about 5/6 other players touching the ball in a goalmouth scramble before the goal - how can you credit that goal to beckham?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
:DLol resorting to insults again?
U have obviously made a vow against knowledge.
Lebrons height is already factored into the BMI that is why it is weight over HEIGHT SQUARED. There is no need making adjustments for height after d calculation. You are d master of fallacious arguments.
How tall is ray lewis and he weighs 113kg... IS HE FAT? Is the Gronk fat?
Do i have to open ur skull to make u understand that BMI is about being overweight and not about fat or not.
P.s u r d one comparing rooney nd d fat one,for me I have my hands full grappling with anderson's weight
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
coogar:

there was about a period of 10 secs between beckham's delivery & the first goal. actually, it was a pinball moment with schmeichel & about 5/6 other players touching the ball in a goalmouth scramble before the goal - how can you credit that goal to beckham?

An indisputable indictment of fraudulent activity

But DK wouldn't be DK if he didn't try to save face. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
afrodoc: :DLol resorting to insults again?
U have obviously made a vow against knowledge.
Lebrons height is already factored into the BMI that is why it is weight over HEIGHT SQUARED. There is no need making adjustments for height after d calculation. You are d master of fallacious arguments.
How tall is ray lewis and he weighs 113kg... IS HE FAT? Is the Gronk fat?
Do i have to open ur skull to make u understand that BMI is about being overweight and not about fat or not.
P.s u r d one comparing rooney nd d fat one,for me I have my hands full grappling with anderson's weight

which ray lewis is this tool talking about?
if he's 113kg with evra's height, won't he be considered fat? a good example is adebayo akinfenwa - he stands at 1.80m(2cm taller than rooney) but he weighs a whooping 86kg.

akinfenwa needs more height to carry his buffalo's weight around & since his growth has stopped then he has to reduce his weight to bring down his BMI.

so afrodork, stop sounding like you are intelligent. just because you are a male & work in a clinic does not make you a doctor. you are a freaking nurse!!! grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
I agree I am a nurse and u also agree u have made a vow against knowledge.
After all you said yourself that u stopped learning at 10. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
coogar:

This was my initial post in October. It was the second goal assist I credited to Beckham not the first

dayokanu: Prove me wrong

Giggs assisted the first goal in the 1999 epic final, Beckham assisted the goal for the second .

I would help you self diagnoze your insanity

https://www.nairaland.com/871307/official-manchester-united-fan-thread/484#18691992
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
AntiRooney Coogar and Starboard, you guys are really funny.

I knew the point I was trying to make with the England shot on post. Dayokanu knew people didn't watch the friendly match due to the qualifying matches payed simultaneously. The match and he was exaggerating his comments by saying Germany were wasting chances and he never made it look like England even played. Unfortunately stat made it look like England did not even make a good attempt. So I had to find a way to let people know that England could also have scored. I wasn't really serious with my response to dayokanu last nite on the friendly match. Even my listing of Carrick, Baines, as having missed the match was just to say something, but not to argue seriously. He was even accusing me of running away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) ... (14217) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Softwareguy21 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.