Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8717886 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5793) (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) (5799) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 10:07am On Aug 09, 2018
The board is not smiling. lol. No wonder Ed went on Vaca when other clubs were busy negotiating deals.
Personally, I wish we could sign Maguire or Toby but then, I will never blame the board for locking up.

It's time for Mourinho to earn his pay.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 10:22am On Aug 09, 2018
special one wen no fit do anything special with this team no be special na.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2018
with the way things are going, it seems the board will be okay with a top 4 finish, and a decent C.L run sad

City go win the title again cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Afz9095(m): 10:39am On Aug 09, 2018
SIRcumalot:
Jesus! We really fork this martial situation up.
Who will pay 40million for a player they could get for free with a little patience ?
Bayern will sell us Boateng and get martial for free.
I thought man utd usually add an extra year extension to our below 30yrs old player contract which the club can trigger even if the player is not willing to sign new contract
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:47am On Aug 09, 2018
weedtaker:
with the way things are going, it seems the board will be okay with a top 4 finish, and a decent C.L run sad

City go win the title again cry

From Skysports, Ed has been negotiating with lots of clubs for players asked for, but most of them raised the prices of the players way above their worth [Tottenham, Bayern Munich] and some clubs ain't willing to sell [Leicester City] though the player wants to move. Some players don't wanna come cos of they won't be guaranteed starting shirt [Axel]..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 10:57am On Aug 09, 2018
Now this is the time Mou should prove the "Special One" thing. Let him do a Ranieri, Conte even SAF. No be to dey collect fat salary. SAF had a mediocre team and still won the league. Let him promote Chong and Gomez

Draft Lukaku to the R, Sanchez to The L.. Then Martial acts like a false 9. Like this

Sanchez ........................ Lukaku
.................. Martial

Pogba Matic/Pereira Fred

This formation will solve our problems..

Lukaku tend to drift to the RW most times to make crosses.. Martial can always interchange with him.. To confuse the defenders infront of them.. [Simple Sturvs]

Lingard, Rashford, Mata can deputise for the front 3..

Any case of injury.. Chong and Gomez can come in.. I think Mou shouldn't have loaned Tuanzebe out..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:01am On Aug 09, 2018
I won’t blame Mou when our defenders start serving us dross. In Pep first season even with their attractive football we saw how much they suffered with a bad back line. If we don’t get above average defenders, we will suffer this season.

We will defend deep against the top teams if I am Mou with Smalling and Jones as my CB. We never learn.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2018
larride:
I won’t blame Mou when our defenders start serving us dross. In Pep first season even with out their attractive football we saw how much they suffered with a bad back line. If we don’t get above average defenders, we will suffer this season.

We will defend deep against the top teams if I am Mou with Smalling and Jones as my CB. We never learn.
Told some friends the reason we defend deep is cos of poor defenders.. He needed defenders to fix that but could not get cos of the inflated market. He is/was ready to offload 'em dead woods. But he can't do that without replacing them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:22am On Aug 09, 2018
eph12:
We should try and sell some players so that we can buy na. Na wa o

Go force other clubs to buy your useless players na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
Told some friends the reason we defend deep is cos of poor defenders.. He needed defenders to fix that but could not get cos of the inflated market. He is/was ready to offload 'em dead woods. But he can't do that without replacing them.

It could have made more sense for the board to refuse to invest if Mou was asking for attackers, they could say what exactly did he do with the attacking players he had to justify asking for more attackers.

But no Mou is asking for CB, defenders. Did you notice we took a fair share of points from the big teams last season when we defended deep? Our problem last season was the small teams that were tearing apart our defense whenever we go full attacking. DDG save more shot than Ederson had to face ffs. We curse Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Darmain and Rojo here almost every match day and our manager wants to get new defenders and we are crying blue murder.

Even during SAF eras we always have a stable/solid defense which allow us to concentrate more on attacking because we know we have able defenders. Pep met worn out and average defenders and got new and better ones, he met Hart, loan him out bought Bravo, he flopped and was replaced again the next season with Ederson, he was topping the league in Jan and they still get him another defender worth 57m.

We go wail tire this season if Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Darmain and Rojo are our defenders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:26am On Aug 09, 2018
airmark:

Go force other clubs to buy your useless players na.
That's why nobody gree touch hazard because he is useless abi?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 11:29am On Aug 09, 2018
larride:
I won’t blame Mou when our defenders start serving us dross. In Pep first season even with their attractive football we saw how much they suffered with a bad back line. If we don’t get above average defenders, we will suffer this season.

Bro, don't let Mourinho confuse us. Even though i want a CB to be signed but that wasn't really our problem last season. remember we shipped in only 28 goals.
Our problem last season was not creating and scoring enough and from what I have seen in preseaon, Oga Mourinho is yet to fix that.

Let him stop confusing himself. Let us see a progressive and purposeful style of play first, let defenders be the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 11:32am On Aug 09, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:

That's the confusion I wrote about. The reason we defend deep is because we have a defensive minded manager whose first tactics is to DEFEND. I don't know the world class defenders at Liverpool that allow them play beautifully and score tons of goals.
Remember, Best form of defense is to attack but we all know Mourinho's best form of defense is to DEFEND.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:33am On Aug 09, 2018
eph12:

That's why nobody gree touch hazard because he is useless abi?

We put a huge fee on him. No player in your team now and in future, can be that valued. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:36am On Aug 09, 2018
Nihilstjnr:
I laugh nearly piss for body after watching this

https://twitter.com/Marcus10i/status/1027186932248457217?s=20
Smalling's red against Palace was actually justified. Na sure goal be that. He took one for the team.

Anyways if we make a compilation of Bakayoko and Morata from last season shey u go still laugh piss for body?? smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 11:38am On Aug 09, 2018
I remember when we bought Evra and Vidic, we nearly killed them both after their first couple of matches. Did SAF let them rot on the bench and signed world class defenders? Hell no!
SAF improved those 2 players and turned them into world class players.
Those 2 I mentioned reminds me of Shaw and Lindelof. Mourinho has proved right the theory that he only works with mercenaries and can never develop players.
We are blaming the board? Was it not the same Mourinho that convinced the board to shell out £30m on Lindelof making them believe that would solve his problem. What has the scam done with Lindelof? Nothing!
Rather he wants a blank cheque to keep on wasting the club's finances on fantasies.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2018
airmark:

We put a huge fee on him. No player in your team now and in future, can be that valued. cheesy
How much is that huge fee? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2018
slimghost:

Bro, don't let Mourinho confuse us. Even though i want a CB to be signed but that wasn't really our problem last season. remember we shipped in only 28 goals.
Our problem last season was not creating and scoring enough and from what I have seen in preseaon, Oga Mourinho is yet to fix that.

Let him stop confusing himself. Let us see a progressive and purposeful style of play first, let defenders be the problem.

Brother, we shipped in 28 goals because of DDG and not because of our tight defense, goals win match, defense win titles.

If we have someone like Bravo instead of DDG last season we could have finished 6th or 7th. We are porous at the back. You really want to play high line with our CBs? No matter how good a manager you are, you can’t turn average joes into world beater. Why didn’t Pep stick with Mangala, Sagna, Kolarov, Zabaleta last season? Why did Pep had to buy Laporte when Stones started getting injured last season?

Yes we play drab football sometimes but that doesn’t excuse the joke or CBs that we have. You made mention of Evra and Vidic, the difference is that while Evra and Vidic pick up after some time, Smalling, Jones, Darmain, Rojo have been with us for couple of years and they keep serving us shit every year, there’s no magic wand anywhere that will turn our average defenders into above average ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2018
Lana1:
Smalling's red against Palace was actually justified. Na sure goal be that. He took one for the team.

Anyways if we make a compilation of Bakayoko and Morata from last season shey u go still laugh piss for body?? smiley

why not?

comedy no dey wear jersey
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2018
eph12:

How much is that huge fee? cheesy

You want to pay? Are you Ed woodwork? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2018
larride:

Brother, we shipped in 28 goals because of DDG and not because of our tight defense, goals win match, defense win titles.

If we have someone like Bravo instead of DDG last season we could have finished 6th or 7th. We are porous at the back. You really want to play high line with our CBs? No matter how good a manager you are, you can’t turn average joes into world beater. Why didn’t Pep stick with Mangala, Sagna, Kolarov, Zabaleta last season? Why did Pep had to buy Laporte when Stones started getting injured last season?

Yes we play drab football sometimes but that doesn’t excuse the joke or CBs that we have. You made mention of Evra and Vidic, the difference is that while Evra and Vidic pick up after some time, Smalling, Jones, Darmain, Rojo have been with us for couple of years and they keep serving us shit every year, there’s no magic wand anywhere that will turn our average defenders into above average ones.
You haven't still addressed my concerns.
So the defenders were the reason up till now our team looks like a Sunday pub team?
The reason why our players can't string up passes together?
The reason the team can't create chances?
Haba! Let's start telling ourselves the truth. Liverpool had no world class defender last season but we saw the progression and purpose in their style of play.
Zabaleta, Kolarov and Sagna were past their best before they left.
smailing and Jones at a time under SAF were regarded as the future of our defense. and hey, Evra and Vidic were just average players when they joined just like Shaw and lindelof.
So let your special one develop those potentials and stop looking for mercenaries.
And bro, we don't play drab football sometimes, we play drab football most times and that can never be blamed on defenders.

Let's start being truthful here.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

why not?

comedy no dey wear jersey
smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
larride:

It could have made more sense for the board to refuse to invest if Mou was asking for attackers, they could say what exactly did he do with the attacking players he had to justify asking for more attackers.

But no Mou is asking for CB, defenders. Did you notice we took a fair share of points from the big teams last season when we defended deep? Our problem last season was the small teams that were tearing apart our defense whenever we go full attacking. DDG save more shot than Ederson had to face ffs. We curse Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Darmain and Rojo here almost every match day and our manager wants to get new defenders and we are crying blue murder.

Even during SAF eras we always have a stable/solid defense which allow us to concentrate more on attacking because we know we have able defenders. Pep met worn out and average defenders and got new and better ones, he met Hart, loan him out bought Bravo, he flopped and was replaced again the next season with Ederson, he was topping the league in Jan and they still get him another defender worth 57m.

We go wail tire this season if Smalling, Jones, Lindelof, Darmain and Rojo are our defenders.
The reason why our we get punished is because our attackers can sustain pressure and score goals to put the opponent on the back foot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by popizaino(m): 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
elampiro:
The fact is that all our legends, and even legends of other clubs believe Mourinho needs two more players to be able to have a good season.
weedtaker:
we should've sold martial or do a straight swap with chelsea for willian since jose doesn't like hiim.

or

maybe the board plans to sack j.m thus making martial to sign a new contract if things aren't going jose's way come january.

anyway friday need to come fast.

Pls what chapter of songs of Solomon is this since you have all finished with lamentation ?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
poor defenders? That man has been parking the bus since time in memorial, see the rubbish excuse you are using to delude yourself

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:11pm On Aug 09, 2018
airmark:

You want to pay? Are you Ed woodwork? cheesy
I just want to know how much is that buy out clause that clubs that want to win champions league cannot trigger cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
eph12:

I just want to know how much is that buy out clause that clubs that want to win champions league cannot trigger cheesy

If you are not PSG, no need to know it. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
slimghost:

You haven't still addressed my concerns.
So the defenders were the reason up till now our team looks like a Sunday pub team?
The reason why our players can't string up passes together?
The reason the team can't create chances?
Haba! Let's start telling ourselves the truth. Liverpool had no world class defender last season but we saw the progression and purpose in their style of play.
Zabaleta, Kolarov and Sagna were past their best before they left.
smailing and Jones at a time under SAF were regarded as the future of our defense. and hey, Evra and Vidic were just average players when they joined just like Shaw and lindelof.
So let your special one develop those potentials and stop looking for mercenaries.
And bro, we don't play drab football sometimes, we play drab football most times and that can never be blamed on defenders.

Let's start being truthful here.

Haven’t you noticed that we start having issues whenever we start defending deep to help out our weak defense whenever we come up against top teams? I don’t know if you do watch most of our matches because the matches I know we play drab football was whenever we play the big guns, if you say we play drab football against the small teams then you are not been truthful.

How many years did it take a Evra and Vidic to show us all that they aren’t average defenders? How many years are Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Darmain even Shaw, how many years have they been serving us shite? Yet you just expect Mou to turn them into something they will never be.

Every top teams build from the back, we will continue to suffer with the kind of CB we have, if you think otherwise we will just disagree to agree.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
Lovren Karius Robertson and two others that I can't remember their names were the players that occupied Kloop's defence last season and will be there this season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
eph12:

The reason why our we get punished is because our attackers can sustain pressure and score goals to put the opponent on the back foot

Why did Pep suffer in his first season? Is it because of lack of goals?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2018
larride:

Haven’t you noticed that we start having issues whenever we start defending deep to help out our weak defense whenever we come up against top teams? I don’t know if you do watch most of our matches because the matches I know we play drab football was whenever we play the big guns, if you say we play drab football against the small teams then you are not been truthful.

How many years did it take a Evra and Vidic to show us all that they aren’t average defenders? How many years are Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Darmain even Shaw, how many years have they been serving us shite? Yet you just expect Mou to turn them into something they will never be.

Every top teams build from the back, we will continue to suffer with the kind of CB we have, if you think otherwise we will just disagree to agree.
Ok. You are right. The defenders are the problem. Thank you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
Army10:
poor defenders? That man had been parking the bus since time in memorial, see the rubbish excuse you are using to delude yourself

Sometimes you can't help but wonder the type of excuses people come up with just to defend their god Mourinho.
The other one wrote that the defenders are the reason our players can't even create nothing and often play like headless chickens.

Nothing wey person no go read for here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5793) (5794) (5795) (5796) (5797) (5798) (5799) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.