Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8803509 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) ... (14186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

Quick question. What is United's problem?
mancity is united's problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2018
JayKayMaybachz:
And you think they'll allow that when the TW is shut for the English side..!!? Na brov, it won't happen.
Don't underestimate the power of money...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2018
eph12:
Las las after we knack Leichester akpako this night, everywhere go calm down
6-0 oboi, sanchez hatrick, cool

but if somehow we somehow lose.. here go burn down grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:05am On Aug 10, 2018
patrickmuf:
Ed Woodward should have gone all out for a CB before the close of the window, I am not confident with Smalling, Jones and Rojo going into the new season. We should've payed the required price for Alderweireld at least.

I just read that other European teams can buy from England from now till the transfer window shuts even when the English transfer window is shut. Na wa oh!!!
However, English clubs are allowed to sign players on loan from now till Aug 31, so don't be surprise if you see English clubs taking advantage of this loophole just like PSG did with the Mbappe deal...

God bless you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 10, 2018
Ahn ahn, what's happening here? cheesy

Why is there blood everywhere?, we haven't even played our first match yet grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2018
sinizia:

You shouldn't be surprised, that's how we roll on this section. We're ever ready to see blood spilled everywhere. LOL.
am not new here either. Just dont fancy seeing conflicts here and there
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:07am On Aug 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

Manchester city
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2018
GloryIsaac:
Ahn ahn, what's happening here? cheesy

Why is there blood everywhere?, we haven't even played our first match yet grin grin
LOL cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:07am On Aug 10, 2018
dopeJemi:

In no particular order.

1. System
2. Mediocre players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:09am On Aug 10, 2018
weedtaker:
na only pep you you know, what about poch klopp and conte?

he didn't sign any cuz his team is already littered with world cluss, as in which team do you think will have a player like bale on the bench and someone like james sent on loan for 2 seasons?, which midfielder can walk straight into that madrid midfield? or which defender into their back 4?

you really be confirm afo anu.

grin

LMAO.... Weed is on fire!

Can you tell how much Madrid spent to build their Defense?! Did they fix it in a Season or 2?! Were they world-class Defenders when they were bought?! They were made world-class Defenders with time Bruh!

Madrid Midfield is class, and I agree; guess you know Pogba is also a world-class Midfielder?! We saw him at the World Cup, also at Juventus he's a banger, then what's happening to him in the United color...... Mr Weed?!

So you think Bale was on the Bench for tactical Reason?! You need to take a break Bruh, coz it seems you are getting yourself closer to a psychiatric Clinic. So if you were the Manager, you gonna play an unfit Player coz he's a Class or because of his Price-Tag?! Oponu!

Perhaps Real shouldn't have sold Ronaldo coz they've got no replacement for him?!
Pls kindly remind me the Player Real Madrid sign to replace Ronaldo?! Guess he's a world-class too?! Isco, Vasquez, Asensio and Co are now world-class now cos they are at Madrid?! Dindinrin!

James ain't sent on Loan, he asked for it. He couldn't break into the starting XI, thus had to move to save his Career. Guess Kovacic would have preferred to remain glue to the Bench this Season in your myopic Mind?!

Take a long Break from Weed Bruh!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2018
That Left back and right wing position na real priority for most united fans just that Woodward and the board no share the same feeling.

I hope jlingz goes up a level. We'll need him.
I hope Shaw goes up several level (this guy Chi no be the puff-puff selling kind)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2018
if Defence is truly Jose´s problem...I think he should try convert matic as a CB in a match and Andreas pereira as a no.6 see how it works.. . what do u guys think? undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:19am On Aug 10, 2018
weedtaker:
6-0 oboi, sanchez hatrick, cool

but if somehow we somehow lose.. here go burn down grin grin grin
I go just go sit down for politics and romance section cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:19am On Aug 10, 2018
holuphisayor:

so, zidane is better than mourinho cos he won 3CL with real Madrid?
can you name a single player zidane added to real Madrid squad that became a starter?

grin

...... and for your mind - you've made sense right?! He won 3 UCL consecutively without tweaking the Lineup?!

Perhaps his predecessors, including Mou should have won the UCL three times with the same Squad he inherited?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:21am On Aug 10, 2018
Our attack is not a problem, bar the RW which can be managed, we are not scoring more not because of shortage of talents upfront but because our overall play is bad (Mourinho should take the blame) and we lack quality in terms of supporting cast for our forwards and that's where our problem with fullbacks come in.

The one area we lack real quality is our defense (fullbacks and CBs) and because of Mourinho obsession with defending, most folks tend not to get his point when he seeks to improve the defense.
In our defense, only Bailly and Lindelof (back up) are good enough to be in the squad as CBs, in the fullback position, only Shaw and Valencia should be in the squad as back ups and not starters.
As a midfielder, you'd find it difficult joining the attack when you turn back and see Smalling and Jones, you naturally tend to sit back more often to protect them compared to when you have a Ramos and Varane.

In all, Mourinho should work hard to improve our overall game play going forward and Woodward should brace up for January, we need to improve that back 4.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:21am On Aug 10, 2018
kelvinze:
if Defence is truly Jose´s problem...I think he should try convert matic as a CB in a match and Andreas pereira as a no.6 see how it works.. . what do u guys think? undecided

Bad move.

He shouldn't have sent Tuanzebe and TFM out on loan.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:22am On Aug 10, 2018
I'd also have preferred we kept TFM with Valencia out injured and loaned out Darmian instead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

LMAO.... Weed is on fire!

Can you tell how much Madrid spent to build their Defense?! Did they fix it in a Season or 2?! Were they world-class Defenders when they were bought?! They were made world-class Defenders with time Bruh!
look at dis first class ekpa, we're talking zidane and three ucl in a row, you're asking me how madrid built their defense, were you abused by your mothers kingsmen as a child?

and fyi jose bought varane and converted Ramos to a CB.

Madrid Midfield is class, and I agree; guess you know Pogba is also a world-class Midfielder?! We saw him at the World Cup, alsi at Juventus he's a banger, then what's happening to him in the United color...... Mr Weed?!
so pogba will bench modric? Lol grin

So you think Bale was on the Bench for tactical Reason?!
no he was on the bench for oasis reasons craze, so he was on the bench in a UCL final cause he was unfit and not for tactical reasons? wonders shall never end.
You need to take a break Bruh, coz it seems you are getting yourself closer to a psychiatric Clinic. So if you were the Manager, you gonna play an unfit Player coz he's a Class or because of his Price-Tag?! Oponu!
just look atew? cheesy

[s] Perhaps Real shouldn't have sold Ronaldo coz they've got no replacement for him?!
Pls kindly remind me the Player Real Madrid sign to replace Ronaldo?! Guess he's a world-class too?! Isco, Vasquez, Asensio and Co are now world-class now cos they are at Madrid?! Dindinrin!

James ain't sent on Loan, he asked for it. He couldn't break into the starting XI, thus had to move to save his Career. Guess Kovacic would have preferred to remain glue to the Bench this Season in your myopic Mind?!

Take a long Break from Weed Bruh! [/s]
warisdis?? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2018
lekkie073:
am not new here either. Just dont fancy seeing conflicts here and there

The tone of your post was kinda harsh which helped people think you're spoiling for a war.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2018
larride:

Lana, I am sure you understand what I am trying to say. How can you say Godin or Toby won’t improve the team? Godin is among at least top 10 CB in the world, Toby can be rated at least top 10 CB in the EPL, how can you say they won’t improve the team?

What I am trying to point out with the RVP example was that even SAF bought short term fix to help the squad.

I have been saying it since yesterday that our defenders are one of the reason we tend to defend deep, Smalling and Jones or Lindelof can’t play a high line defence, our only CB that can play a high line I think is Bailey. We can’t play out from the back because our CBs can’t. They are so limited, clumsy, slow and unstable. We can’t play the way you want with our defenders, pressing high up the pitch requires technical defenders that can join attack, those that can hold the ball and pass around, ask yourself, can our CBs do any of those? Is it Smalling that will be passing behind his team mate or Jones that will be caught napping when it matters, we have to be honest with ourselves, as long as we retain this current CB and defenders, we will continue to defend deep because they can’t play a high line and the team will continue to suffer for it.

I hope you understand where I’m coming from.

This is a logical and well articulated.......

....style of wailing.

long may it continue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 10:29am On Aug 10, 2018
pharod:

Bad move.

He shouldn't have sent Tuanzebe and TFM out on loan.
ok..I didn't expect TFM to go out on loan again even after his playing well at c.palace like the boy is more than ready to boss dah RB position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 10:32am On Aug 10, 2018
larride:

In no particular order.

1. System
2. Mediocre players

weedtaker:
Manchester city

lekkie073:
mancity is united's problem

We go know
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:38am On Aug 10, 2018
larride:

Lana, I am sure you understand what I am trying to say. How can you say Godin or Toby won’t improve the team? Godin is among at least top 10 CB in the world, Toby can be rated at least top 10 CB in the EPL, how can you say they won’t improve the team?

What I am trying to point out with the RVP example was that even SAF bought short term fix to help the squad.

I have been saying it since yesterday that our defenders are one of the reason we tend to defend deep, Smalling and Jones or Lindelof can’t play a high line defence, our only CB that can play a high line I think is Bailey. We can’t play out from the back because our CBs can’t. They are so limited, clumsy, slow and unstable. We can’t play the way you want with our defenders, pressing high up the pitch requires technical defenders that can join attack, those that can hold the ball and pass around, ask yourself, can our CBs do any of those? Is it Smalling that will be passing behind his team mate or Jones that will be caught napping when it matters, we have to be honest with ourselves, as long as we retain this current CB and defenders, we will continue to defend deep because they can’t play a high line and the team will continue to suffer for it.

I hope you understand where I’m coming from.
I get.

But no one has said the current crop of defenders are good enough to win a trebble. What we want is for the team to focus on improving the attack. Like dope said, u cant hope to fix a car by strengthening the rear tyres and ignoring the front ones.

As much of a legend as SAF was, i'm sorry to say to all SAF fans out there, but SAF was selfish. Sebi talk of his retirement had been surfacing from around 5 years before 2013. So why didn't he retire after 2012? All he cared about was winning that title back from City so he could bow out with a bang. He then retired and left us with a squad full of old, fat and average players and then entrusted them into the hands of a deadbeat coach like Moyes. The result - disaster!

Anyways, i digress. In Vidic and Ferdinand's later years we were still one of the highest scoring teams in the EPL. Even before RVP. This proves that even with the old and crappy defence, attack still took more importance.

In the top 6 last season, we were 2nd in least goals conceded but 5th in goals scored. Only 6 points separated us from Liverpool and 4th. The only difference between us and Liverpool was De Gea. Tell me how we would ve left Emirates, Selhurst Park, Etihad and Anfield with a total of 10 points last season if we had someone like Karius in goal.

With all the bus and defensive set up, we still dey concede. So what makes u feel adding Godin and Alderweireld and more defenders would change anything? He has already spent more on defenders than attackers and only a mad man will keep doing the same thing everytime hoping for a different result.
So long as we ve DDG we can weather any storm at the back. What we should focus on is attack or did u not see the FA Cup final(where we actually played a high line)? Granted Chelsea sat back, we still could not score with all the possession and chances we had. Same in the away game against Newcastle.

I'm not saying we play ghen ghen football like Liverpool or tiki taka like City but if we dont figure out a way to start scoring goals, then nothing will change even if we buy all the defenders wey dey this world!!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nihilstjnr: 10:42am On Aug 10, 2018
Lana1:
I get.

But no one has said the current crop of defenders are good enough to win a trebble. What we want is for the team to focus on improving the attack. Like dope said, u cant hope to fix a car by strengthening the rear tyres and ignoring the front ones.

As much of a legend as SAF was, i'm sorry to say to all SAF fans out there, but SAF was selfish. Sebi talk of his retirement had been surfacing from around 5 years before 2013. So why didn't he retire after 2012? All he cared about was winning that title back from City so he could bow out with a bang. He then retired and left us with a squad full of old, fat and average players and then entrusted them into the hands of a deadbeat coach like Moyes. The result - disaster!

Anyways, i digress. In Vidic and Ferdinand's later years we were still one of the highest scoring teams in the EPL. Even before RVP. This proves that even with the old and crappy defence, attack still took more importance.

In the top 6 last season, we were 2nd in least goals conceded but 5th in goals scored. Only 6 points separated us from Liverpool and 4th. The only difference between us and Liverpool was De Gea. Tell me how we would ve left Emirates, Selhurst Park, Etihad and Anfield with a total of 10 points last season if we had someone like Karius in goal.

With all the bus and defensive set up, we still dey concede. So what makes u feel adding Godin and Alderweireld and more defenders would change anything? He has already spent more on defenders than attackers and only a mad man will keep doing the same thing everytime hoping for a different result.
So long as we ve DDG we can weather any storm at the back. What we should focus on is attack or did u not see the FA Cup final(where we actually played a high line)? Granted Chelsea sat back, we still could not score with all the possession and chances we had. Same in the away game against Newcastle.

I'm not saying we play ghen ghen football like Liverpool or tiki taka like City but if we dont figure out a way to start scoring goals, then nothing will change even if we buy all the defenders wey dey this world!!

Multi-paragraph wailing

Sinizia style.

More of the same please...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:48am On Aug 10, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Multi-paragraph wailing

Sinizia style.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by holuphisayor(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2018
Oasis007:

grin

...... and for your mind - you've made sense right?! He won 3 UCL consecutively without tweaking the Lineup?!

Perhaps his predecessors, including Mou should have won the UCL three times with the same Squad he inherited?!
if I understand your logic. zidane will keep winning champions league with each new team he manages.

ancellotti won with this same squad if you forget easily.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:52am On Aug 10, 2018
Nihilstjnr:

Multi-paragraph wailing

Sinizia style.

Warning!!!!!!
Beware of thunder!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2018
Make mourinho try win something with d players he hv already ...dahs wah makes him a coach to train dose players(weda average or world class) I mean dahs wat he's paid to do. SAF had a team worst dan this and still won d Pl ..so its until mou is been given almost a billion to sign players before he does something useful with em . I kinda like as dis TW paned out(even tho twas horrendous) ,he should train those players to play well ,u can't sign a player and be having issues with him ,as a coach u should fix dat not making matters worse.
In all I pray and hope dis season will be a good one for us esp. Mourinho cos its gonna be a make or break season for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Adisaowalla: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2018
larride:

I have been saying it since yesterday that our defenders are one of the reason we tend to defend deep, Smalling and Jones or Lindelof can’t play a high line defence, our only CB that can play a high line I think is Bailey.

Mourihno isn't known to be a disciple of this particular method - he has always been a cautious tactician who would rather have his whole defensive unit sit deep and wait for counter attacking opportunities.

make una calm down with the excuses biko

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Elnino4ladies: 10:54am On Aug 10, 2018
LMFAO....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sinizia: 10:57am On Aug 10, 2018
If we can win Leicester today, most of the frustrations here will seep out. The lads should try and win.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PlainJAY(m): 10:59am On Aug 10, 2018
dopeJemi:
Whether na defenders wan dey help us create chances and score goals, una go tell me

If this isn't madness, I don't know what is

That's how raumdeuter was expecting hummels to score goals and create chances for Germany too

If raumdeuter was a coach...he will be JOSE MOURINHO

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5805) (5806) (5807) (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) ... (14186) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.