Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,033 members, 7,838,583 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8800727 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (14184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
RuuDie:

My guy. If it was Kagawa, Ando, Clev, Nani, Young or any of your favorites that played that ball... you'd have produced gifs of various angles of it even before the final whistle went. All of a sudden you are not making refeence to the pass!

"A snail runs faster than Giggs" --- at forty, Giggsy is like Usain beside Ando, Young, Cleverly, Jones, Smalling, Kagawa, Carrick and Fellaini... heck, even young Zaha would struggle to keep up!

Just look at that pass - this is why Giggs is "Special" and still in that team. When the chirps were down, he came up with a moment of brilliance (and don't you dare try to water it down that it wasn't a moment of sheer class from the old master) - all game long, nobody did or came close to doing that... more importantly, he did at a time we needed it badly. Saddening that it did not count because of one useless sc@llywag; otherwise wouldn't we all be here screaming "inspired sub"!?
i totally agree bro!! In as much as i want giggs out of d squad so as to make room for oda younger players, d few times he has played this season... He has been far better than a good number of d idiots in our team!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2013
chrisley024:
N wat was he doing wen he's not with d ball? How many times did he give ball away? Splitting pass indeed.

Fact is d@ we also struggle anytime he comes in or starts game. We concede most times he comes in n why DM doesn't see it is jus stupidity.

Did the goal come as a DIRECT result of Giggs failing in any of his duties!!? Was Giggs culpable in any way for the equalizer... abeg spare me!

Yes, "defence splitting" it was... put that away and we wouldn't be having this argument now!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
RuuDie:

My guy. If it was Kagawa, Ando, Clev, Nani, Young or any of your favorites that played that ball... you'd have produced gifs of various angles of it even before the final whistle went. All of a sudden you are not making refeence to the pass!

"A snail runs faster than Giggs" --- at forty, Giggsy is like Usain beside Ando, Young, Cleverly, Jones, Smalling, Kagawa, Carrick and Fellaini... heck, even young Zaha would struggle to keep up!

Just look at that pass - this is why Giggs is "Special" and still in that team. When the chirps were down, he came up with a moment of brilliance (and don't you dare try to water it down that it wasn't a moment of sheer class from the old master) - all game long, nobody did or came close to doing that... more importantly, he did at a time we needed it badly. Saddening that it did not count because of one useless sc@llywag; otherwise wouldn't we all be here screaming "inspired sub"!?
i totally agree bro!! In as much as i want giggs out of d squad so as to make room for oda younger players, d few times he has played this season... He has been far better than a good number of d 1diot.s in our team!! N.B; that pass was superb
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
I saw Valencia play against Argentina during the international break and he was on beast mode.
Crucified the fullback at every opportunity...almost didn't recognise him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

we can't blame evra for that goal. he couldn't have outjumped the goalscorer. whether he stayed with him or not, the organisation was horrible. what was evra even doing in that part of the box when he's the shortest player in the team?
Clueless afro man should've been of use at such point; from where d ball is coming in.

Btw, how many aerial clearance did our CBs make 2day?
I'm alwaz afraid of aerial ball whenever Vidic is absent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
Those clamouring for nani obviously didnt watch d portugal/ sweden game.... He was an embarassment to man utd dt dai!! If thats hw he plays in training, i'd rada hav vidic on the wings...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
chamotex: I saw Valencia play against Argentina during the international break and he was on beast mode.

He has been playing excellently well for Ecuador.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
Funniest ish was Fellaini marking Medel.
I couldn't believe my eyes.
Who arranges these set pieces?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
RuuDie:

Did the goal come as a DIRECT result of Giggs failing in any of his duties!!? Was Giggs culpable in any way for the equalizer... abeg spare me!

Yes, "defence splitting" it was... put that away and we wouldn't be having this argument now!
Abeg d guy is bad luck.
Stands one place n be making long passes.
U dont need his type when u're under pressure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Valencia is getting playing time because Moyes is trying to play robust football down the right flank. He has more physical presence than Nani, Young, Zaha e.t.c. Doesn't matter that he has no spark, creativity. Also why Kagawa will be played anywhere but in the hole, because Moyes wants that position to be filled by a more robust player or instead he will play 2 strikers. Right flank is robust often lacking in any real penetration (Smalling, Valencia, Jones), left flank has the flair and spark, with plenty of overlapping and overloading (Evra, Januzaj, Kagawa, Buttner).

Baines is guarantee January or the summer. I just hope we don't get molested on the fee like with Fellaini.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
chamotex: Funniest ish was Fellaini marking Medel.
I couldn't believe my eyes.
Who arranges these set pieces?
I couldn't laff more when I saw the silly arrangement
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
chamotex: I saw Valencia play against Argentina during the international break and he was on beast mode.

That is because the full back didn't recognize him. Valencia is a limited and one-way winger who will always be found out in the EPL cos opponents have had enough time to study him and know he is completely one-sided.

It is not surprising he shines for Ecuador against full backs and scouts that see him once in a blue moon and struggles in the league where his opponents watch him weekly.

P.S the Argentine full back Orban was having his debut for Argentina i believe so its not too surprising that he had a torrid time, not sure how many times he has actually seen Valencia play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
1-0
2-1
3-2

You are never safe and the opponent will thrown everything at you from 80th minute, after all they have nothing to lose again. We have just +5 goals after 12 games.

Just as our hop was rising, this happened.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
chrisley024:
Abeg d guy is bad luck.
Stands one place n be making long passes.
U dont need his type when u're under pressure.

Same long ball that got us out of jail against West Ham in the Carling Cup last season... same long ball that could have given us all 3 points tonight --- love it or hate it; if that's all he knows how to do, he does it very well!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
Reading the frustrated lamentations of these various scum-twats is already giving me a headache. sad

So Arsenal is leading by 7 points against Manure........when that moooronic little boy was celebrating a goal against Arsenal some days ago, one would have thought, Manure had the tenacity to keep it going.......

I hope RVP stays permanently injured. Where is that fredoooo dude? Abi he is no longer a manure scum? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2013

valencia is genetically useless.
he's as good as the right back behind him. he cannot beat a marker so seeing him in a beast mode means shyte - he needs to be doing it for man utd. valencia did nothing on the pitch today.

RuuDie:

what about the attack build-ups he screws up every now & then. if we had scored the 3rd & 4th goal, would cardiff's 2nd goal have made any difference?

i am kinda worried though that one pass in 20 mins is what you are praising. nani in the last 20 mins with cardiff pushing forward would have destroyed cardiff or pepper their goal with shots.

giggs was poor but rooney cost us the 2 points.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Tom C doesn't look fully fit, I have a feeling he is playing while banged up as Carrick did before he finally packed up. With Fellaini also carrying a wrist injury that will eventually require dealing with, we need to get Ando up to speed fast. We can't afford to be playing average central midfielders with questionable fitness levels week in and out.

As bad as they are playing presently, Fellaini and Tom C join Carrick and Jones on the treatment table, we are in trouble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
The flaws in the team are numerous but it all starts from midfield, that is where the primary lesion is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
montelik:
Baines is guarantee January or the summer. I just hope we don't get molested on the fee like with Fellaini.

Wouldn't be a bad buy if the price isn't "Fellain-ic".... at the very least, he crosses well and kicks a free-kick better than the best we have now, so its an added threat; another avenue for goals seeing that we're struggling for 'em now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
afrodoc: [/b]

That is because the full back didn't recognize him. Valencia is a limited and one-way winger who will always be found out in the EPL cos opponents have had enough time to study him and know he is completely one-sided.

It is not surprising he shines for Ecuador against full backs and scouts that see him once in a blue moon and struggles in the league where his opponents watch him weekly.

P.S the Argentine full back Orban was having his debut for Argentina i believe so its not too surprising that he had a torrid time, not sure how many times he has actually seen Valencia play.

I think the major thing is that black guy who plays right back for Ecuador. Valencia don't support him at he back as much as he does for Rafael, Smalling or Jones. The guy is like having Ashley cole or Zabeleta behind you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:
i am kinda worried though that one pass in 20 mins is what you are praising. nani in the last 20 mins with cardiff pushing forward would have destroyed cardiff or pepper their goal with shots.

You can look at in two ways - half-full / half-empty... we desperately needed that sort of brilliance at that specific point in the game , much more than any other time through the course of that game. Had Wazza tucked that away, c'est fini - EOD!

coogar: giggs was poor but rooney cost us the 2 points.
Now you're talking!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
Valencia is "beasting" in friendly matches where the pace is reduced and less competitive. Or against weaker South American full backs, more concerned with racing forward than containing opposition wingers.

Its a totally different ball game in EPL and playing for a team like United, where opposition team approach games against us with tons of prep and seriousness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ecuador vs Uruguay was not a friendly match. Valencia was the best player. They wasted so many of his clear cut chances he created.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

valencia is genetically useless.
he's as good as the right back behind him. he cannot beat a marker so seeing him in a beast mode means shyte - he needs to be doing it for man utd. valencia did nothing on the pitch today.

what about the attack build-ups he screws up every now & then. if we had scored the 3rd & 4th goal, would cardiff's 2nd goal have made any difference?

giggs was poor but rooney cost us the 2 points.
DM has cost us more points. His lack of winning mentality makes him to alwaz play defensive whenever 1 goal up. He should know u win games by outscouring ur oponent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mystikal(m): 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
montelik:
He needs to stop trying to see out games, until we are top of the league and no longer chasing the leaders.

that isnt happening this season, is it?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
afrodoc: [/b]

He went into CM too and was still beasting before he was subbed. Dont know if it was the captaincy that gave him the extra ginger or its just a mentality thing.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
chrisley024:
DM has cost us more points. His lack of winning mentality makes him to alwaz play defensive whenever 1 goal up. He should know u win games by outscouring ur oponent.

he's an idiöt....
starboard was right afterall. moyes banks on a goal lead while SAF makes sure the team leads by 3-4 goal margin before introducing any sort of defensive measure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

he's an idiöt....
starboard was right afterall. moyes banks on a goal lead while SAF makes sure the team leads by 3-4 goal margin before introducing any sort of defensive measure.

The only way I will get behind Moyes is if I have a red hot poker to shove up his ass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
elampiro:

This is the problem. Always trying to criticize he took the wrong decision. It the right decision was to pass to Chicha in his 1st goal, then the correct decision should be to pass to Welbeck in the second. Welbeck was completely unmarked, although he did not align himself well with Rooney's run.

Perhaps, criticism like this is what is killing Rooney's confidence. Remember the Leverkusen match when he shot instead of making a pass.

I wish Welbeck didn't even make the run. We should have been talking of a goal or a miss. I could have defended that better- An attempt on goal.

Nobody is trying to criticize Rooney, we are criticising him hoha! With 1m pounds per month he should be doing the impossible like Ronaldo, Messi, ibra. His supposed mates, but know the iddiot decides to pass when he should be pulling the trigger or even chipping the keeper.

If he lacks confidence, it only goes to prove that Rooney's decision making is abysmal and to have someone like that playing in the hole will give us results like this cardff result when we need him to justify his pay. Did he not see what CR and Ibra do few days ago?.

I know u are a Rooney lover, I have berated other players too, b4 u will say is it only Rooney on the pitch, if you haven't already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
rooney messed up big time....
even if passing the ball was the correct decision, the quality of the pass he attempted was awful. i have seen the replay again, the goalie left enough space for rooney to just kick the ball straight into the net.

why did rooney pass the ball?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BinghiNya(m): 10:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
Valencia this rooney that, the midfield was totally bleeped rooney didn't cost. Man u 3 points, moyes did, why bring in giggs, is that what united can offer, smalling should go for basic lessons in passing, fellaini is a waste of space in united, let us fight for top 4, the team lacks the spirit of champions, the injuries didn't help matters
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 11:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
Moyes: "I would have taken the result (2-2 draw) before the game."

Is this man a bastard?
And we want to win the league?

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (14184) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.