Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,183 members, 7,867,427 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8884501 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (14220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
You would have chosen a 2-2 draw vs Cardiff like typical mid table teams
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 12:10am On Nov 25, 2013
coogar: rooney messed up big time....
even if passing the ball was the correct decision, the quality of the pass he attempted was awful. i have seen the replay again, the goalie left enough space for rooney to just kick the ball straight into the net.

why did rooney pass the ball?

Rooney should have been sent off earlier. But you are very right, that was a poor poor pass from Rooney to Welbeck. He had more than enough space to shoot that ball that Giggs perfectly set up for him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2013
chamotex: Moyes: "I would have taken the result (2-2 draw) before the game."

Is this man a bastard?
And we want to win the league?

It's our reality. We hired a mid table manager so we should set our expectations accordingly.

This is it from now on until Moyes leaves.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:41am On Nov 25, 2013
Una just dey realise nii? I said it many times that that poker called Moyes is a bullshit manager, I'd prefer AVB to this mongrel. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:22am On Nov 25, 2013
nitrogen: Una just dey realise nii? I said it many times that that poker called Moyes is a bullshit manager, I'd prefer AVB to this mongrel. angry
Dude is clueless about coaching in a better club.
"I will fix Man U". Tah!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:43am On Nov 25, 2013
BinghiNya: Valencia this rooney that, the midfield was totally bleeped rooney didn't cost. Man u 3 points, moyes did, why bring in giggs, is that what united can offer, smalling should go for basic lessons in passing, fellaini is a waste of space in united, let us fight for top 4, the team lacks the spirit of champions, the injuries didn't help matters

To me Fellaini tried. He only soften his play in the last minutes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:47am On Nov 25, 2013
chamotex: Moyes: "I would have taken the result (2-2 draw) before the game."

Is this man a bastard?
And we want to win the league?

Unbelievable!!! No wonder he was trying to defend the game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:55am On Nov 25, 2013
coded guy:

Nobody is trying to criticize Rooney, we are criticising him hoha! With 1m pounds per month he should be doing the impossible like Ronaldo, Messi, ibra. His supposed mates, but know the iddiot decides to pass when he should be pulling the trigger or even chipping the keeper.

If he lacks confidence, it only goes to prove that Rooney's decision making is abysmal and to have someone like that playing in the hole will give us results like this cardff result when we need him to justify his pay. Did he not see what CR and Ibra do few days ago?.

I know u are a Rooney lover, I have berated other players too, b4 u will say is it only Rooney on the pitch, if you haven't already.

Your criticism was going out of place when you said Rooney should have passed to Chichi in his shot for the first goal. That was a shooting ball.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:03am On Nov 25, 2013
My sleep was affected. Dropping two points yesterday was very painful. A win should have helped keep us in the race for top stop by year end.

Is it that Moyes has not understood our players enough to know how to sub, and use them for the best?

Jones or Vidic should always be in our defense.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Phil Jones is a very important player for Man United at this point in time. We always take his performance in the midfield for granted.

Yesterday, I forgot we had Anderson on the bench. Why does a player has to be on the bench? We were being pummeled in the midfield, yet we had a third natural CM on the bench. His energy should have been very useful. We also had Nani and Young as unused sub. We could have even ended the match on a 4-3-3.

Cleverley Fellaini. Anderson
Valencia/Welbeck/Nani Rooney. Nani/Young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 5:34am On Nov 25, 2013
chrisley024:
DM has cost us more points. His lack of winning mentality makes him to alwaz play defensive whenever 1 goal up. He should know u win games by outscouring ur oponent.

Abeg, abeg, abeg... DM cost us 3 pts by ball-watching when he could have been marking a man, or not picking up the runner and worst of all, choosing to pass when he could have poked the ball into a gaping goal!!?

Formation/Selection aside, that UTD side is decent enough to beat Cardiff --- if they had taken the chances they had and (or) defended sensibly at the key moments --- DM is in no way culpable for those!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:26am On Nov 25, 2013

David Moyes: “I'm disappointed that we couldn't take the three points. We gave away a stupid free kick which led to the (second Cardiff) goal. But we also had a number of chances to put ourselves 3-1 up and we didn't do so, so in the end we've paid the price. That's two points dropped in this game and two points dropped in the Southampton game and that can be costly. We've got ourselves to blame."

From Eurosport-Uk

Like seriously... where did y'all get that "I'd take a 2-2 draw" crap from!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 6:33am On Nov 25, 2013
elampiro: My sleep was affected. Dropping two points yesterday was very painful. A win should have helped keep us in the race for top stop by year end.

Is it that Moyes has not understood our players enough to know how to sub, and use them for the best?

Sorry o!

By the way, it seems we have some brats here justifying Moyes' 'always' senseless and clueless decisions, abeg, the best for now is to pray for him and not to support his rubbish actions.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:48am On Nov 25, 2013
RuuDie:

Abeg, abeg, abeg... DM cost us 3 pts by ball-watching when he could have been marking a man, or not picking up the runner and worst of all, choosing to pass when he could have poked the ball into a gaping goal!!?

Formation/Selection aside, that UTD side is decent enough to beat Cardiff --- if they had taken the chances they had and (or) defended sensibly at the key moments --- DM is in no way culpable for those!

The selection may have looked decent before kick off, but during the match some players were totally off and it affected our game. At 1-2, Cadiff had the better chances. We only needed to take the play off them. It was evident Janujaz was struggling. For the first time in along while I blamed Evans for a goal. The midfield didn't close down opponents enough and we could not dominate possession. Chicharito was alone in his farm the second half. Yet we carried on that way until about the 70th minute.

RVP was out, yet we couldn't put Kagawa on the bench incase.... . At the end we had to use Giggs against a very fast playing team. Moyes may take consolation that we got a point where City lost earlier in the season. But City dominated play, Cadiff only used fastt counter to kill City.

Moyes doesn't have the entire blame, our players were not professional enough. Welbeck missed, we allowed a short man to get his head first on a cross into our box. Then Rooney missed a great chance to win it on added time.

* for the 2nd time now, Janujaz has struggled. Is everything evaporating so fast or it's one of those things? I don't understand how Moyes will see an 18 years old struggling, yet you have Nani on the bench. At his worst, Nani won't give such a poor performance. Nani will not lose possession so carelessly or bullied off the ball so easily.

It was in the subs I blame Moyes most.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:30am On Nov 25, 2013
elampiro:

Your criticism was going out of place when you said Rooney should have passed to Chichi in his shot for the first goal. That was a shooting ball.

Let's just take consolation in the fact that the ball went in, and it because of the deflection, if not the keeper hard it covered.

My point is it was easier to take a shot in the 93rd min when he attempted to pass that when he took a shot for his first goal. It brings to the fore his decision making abilities.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:26am On Nov 25, 2013
Something you will enjoy reading.

Conversation with a Golden Eaglet parent.

Chief Effiong….Don’t go there….don’t just go there. A whole country gave my son two million naira, an individual brought one million naira and you are querying me…?

Hon Minister…The federal Government’s donation was an appreciation, one that is bound to open the flood gates for more of such. The one million naira from the agent may be an invitation to slavery, a bet that you may regret

Full conversation here.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/conversation-golden-eaglet-parent/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:37am On Nov 25, 2013
elampiro: My sleep was affected. Dropping two points yesterday was very painful. A win should have helped keep us in the race for top stop by year end.

Dying minute goal pains most jus like S'ton game.

DM is empty of tactics. Toward d end of such games n @ 1 goal up, add more fresh legs in d mid as our mid was in total dissarray n try to hold possession n calm tins down instead of playin d@ his negative defensive football. For God's sake this is not Barca or Madrid or Bayern!

I must say Ferdy is finished. Passive truout yesterday. Was only looping ball.
I knew Carrick injury will be a big blow as we failed to strengthen d middle of park
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:58am On Nov 25, 2013
12 games in and still look totally dire attacking wise. regardless of any supposed lack of quality or failure to bring in players during the summer. this team should look a lot better going forward. one has to wonder what Moyes and his backroom staff are doing in training, match prep and tactics wise. only positive is we look more threatening from corners.

half a season gone and we look terrible going forward, both individually and team wise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2013
dademola: Those clamouring for nani obviously didnt watch d portugal/ sweden game.... He was an embarassment to man utd dt dai!! If thats hw he plays in training, i'd rada hav vidic on the wings...
are you sure u watched the match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 25, 2013
adebayo201:
are you sure u watched the match
i shud be d one asking u d question bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Nani was decent against Sweden compared to his recent national team matches. All the Portuguese players step up against Sweden.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 25, 2013
elampiro: Nani was decent against Sweden compared to his previous national team matches.
u obviously didnt watch d 2nd leg!! Go n watch it again. Check any match report online...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:36am On Nov 25, 2013
dademola: u obviously didnt watch d 2nd leg!! Go n watch it again. Check any match report online...
U can blame it on his lack of games, same way u'ld do for Rooney
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2013
chrisley024:
U can blame it on his lack of games, same u'ld do for Rooney
why did u hav to bring rooney into dis matter again for christ's sake?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:45am On Nov 25, 2013
montelik: 12 games in and still look totally dire attacking wise. regardless of any supposed lack of quality or failure to bring in players during the summer. this team should look a lot better going forward. one has to wonder what Moyes and his backroom staff are doing in training, match prep and tactics wise. only positive is we look more threatening from corners.

half a season gone and we look terrible going forward, both individually and team wise.

Very worrying indeed... but I still think we are cutting these players too much slack. They and not the manager need to step up their game. Take the Rooney / Welbeck chances for instance... bury one or both - game over - absolutely no pressure on the players that's why; yet no let-off for the manager, even when he gets it right.

It is very easy to single out the manager and his tactics or choice of selection every player desires to be on the first team list come match day - you've been given that chance, show everyone you gotten it on merit!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:17am On Nov 25, 2013
dademola: why did u hav to bring rooney into dis matter again for christ's sake?

This is what I felt when I came to this thread early this year. Every excuse was looked for to bring Rooney down or drawn to a level he would be blamed for the team poor performance in matches.

You can see why I have always defended Rooney every time. You too have blasted me for that.

In other Man United fans forum or facebook page, I don't react to negative comments about Rooney because I could see a sense of balance. There is a difference when a comment is said out of objective and constructive criticism, and when it is said out of total dislike or even hate.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2013
dademola: why did u hav to bring rooney into dis matter again for christ's sake?
Jus d@ he needs arnd 100 games to get in form.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2013
chrisley024:
Jus d@ he needs arnd 100 games to get in form.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:54am On Nov 25, 2013
elampiro:

This is what I felt when I came to this thread early this year. Every excuse was looked for to bring Rooney down or drawn to a level he would be blamed for the team poor performance in matches.

You can see why I have always defended Rooney every time. You too have blasted me for that.

In other Man United fans forum or facebook page, I don't react to negative comments about Rooney because I could see a sense of balance. There is a difference when a comment is said out of objective and constructive criticism, and when it is said out of total dislike or even hate.

No one dislikes Rooney. His behavior like holding d club @ ransome has brought most hatred for him by most fans while he's even overhyped.

He played ok yesterday jus d@ he soiled it @ d end.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:55am On Nov 25, 2013
RuuDie:

Very worrying indeed... but I still think we are cutting these players too much slack. They and not the manager need to step up their game. Take the Rooney / Welbeck chances for instance... bury one or both - game over - absolutely no pressure on the players that's why; yet no let-off for the manager, even when he gets it right.

It is very easy to single out the manager and his tactics or choice of selection every player desires to be on the first team list come match day - you've been given that chance, show everyone you gotten it on merit!

but it is the manager who is supposed to provide the motivation and tactical approach to inspire them or get the best out of them. it seems that Moyes and backroom staff can't provide the push needed. the buck stops with him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 10:56am On Nov 25, 2013
Bayer Leverkusen next!
Happy there will be no afro man on d pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:00am On Nov 25, 2013
montelik:

but it is the manager who is supposed to provide the motivation and tactical approach to inspire them or get the best out of them. it seems that Moyes and backroom staff can't provide the push needed. the buck stops with him.
Of course! When some players are sure of getting games amidst their shyte then u see no motivation or passion for d game

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (14220) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: MRTA7, TheLequte and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.