Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,277 members, 7,839,381 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (584) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8802485 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (14185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 7:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
WTF........ 93rd Minute and Rooney proved how Crappy He was.......

Moyes with his Useless Subs.. I can't say for now any Major trophy we will lay our Hands upon

WTF......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Today is a landmark day in the history of football and Nairaland.

For the first time since the fall of the Roman Republic Coogar gave Rooney some "praise" and Elampiro "blamed" Rooney a little. shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

rooney was good value up until that 93rd minute. his setpieces were very good today. he created a very good chance welbeck should have scored...

however, world class players show their quality when the chips are down. there's no way van persie or ronaldo would be looking for a pass in the last minute of a game.
true!! Bar dat last minute chance, i think he was excellent today! Buh that chance eh.... He just had to make it count!! As a top player, u just hav to bail ur team out wen u get chances like that- almost zero margin for error!! Rooney screwed us up wen we needed him d most!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 7:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
afrodoc: Today is a landmark day in the history of football and Nairaland.

For the first time since the fall of the Roman Republic Coogar gave Rooney some "praise" and Elampiro "blamed" Rooney a little. shocked

That's Obvious but it is Bound to happen sometimes
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
chamotex:
They deserved everything.
We played crap for most parts.
In fact, we deserve to lose

we have played crap & won games in the past....that last minute chance was a gift that a striker should be scoring from. abeg, rooney is a waste of space.

janujaz & valencia contributed nothing. it's so bad we have match-changers on the bench & giggs was the only option moyes could use just because he's from wales?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
And please no one should come here hyping Cleverly.. That's like the worse performance from a midfielder I've seen in a decade
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Useless bunch. . . blaming Rooney as usual. Without Rooney's goal and assist, wouldn't y'all have lost? cheesy

Or if Evra paid attention to defending 101, he'd have done his job instead of standing still like the Eiffel Tower? cheesy

Where is RVP?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

we have played crap & won games in the past....that last minute chance was a gift that a striker should be scoring from. abeg, rooney is a waste of space.

janujaz & valencia contributed nothing. it's so bad we have match-changers on the bench & giggs was the only option moyes could use just because he's from wales?
Yes Janujaz and AV played shytte.. How about Cleverly?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
afrodoc: Roooney had a good game until that useless pass in injury time. 87 % pass accuracy, 8 key passes, a goal and an assist.

He shirked his responsibilities by electing to pass that ball, he should have taken the shot.However had he taken the shot and missed he would have been vilified for not passing to Welbeck. However he did it that should have ended up with United scoring, either a well taken shot or a better weighted pass.

He should have shot, Welbeck did not make himself well available for a pass. Wellbeck ran too far ahead for a pass. However, had Rooney managed a good pass, Welbeck could have reversed and get to the ball first.

I think shooing was the best option, but I don't know how tight the right angle was that he appeared to decide to pass after thought.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by meracool(m): 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
David Moyes: “I’m
disappointed we didn’t win.
We gave away a stupid free-
kick for the 2nd goal but we
had chances to win it earlier.”

Moyes Post Match Comment...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ogbeche77: And please no one should come here hyping Cleverly.. That's like the worse performance from a midfielder I've seen in a decade
person wey suppose dey play for barnsley!! Mtcheeeew!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ogbeche77: And please no one should come here hyping Cleverly.. That's like the worse performance from a midfielder I've seen in a decade

abeg, don't blame cleverley....
we have a non functional front four that lacked movement. only hernandez made some sorta good movement today. the wingers were very crappy & cardiff played 5 midfielders.....

we dropped 2 points in the 93rd minute. cardiff relied mostly on setpieces - it wasn't as if they were cutting us apart. rooney should have scored & if he was passing the ball, the pass should have been accurate enough for welbeck to tap into an empty net.

debosky: Useless bunch. . . blaming Rooney as usual. Without Rooney's goal and assist, wouldn't y'all have lost? cheesy

yes - we have never won a game rooney was absent at old trafford. if rooney doesn't play, we cannot score. mumu!

Or if Evra paid attention to defending 101, he'd have done his job instead of standing still like the Eiffel Tower? cheesy

the same evra that scored the 2nd goal? it's daft to think your defence would always stop goals otherwise there should have been scream that kept clean sheets throughout the season.

good strikers score on the other end to nullify any goal his defence might have conceded. when ibrahimovic scored twice against portugal, ronaldo got a hatrick in return but an idiotic debosky would rather blame pepe for conceding.

Where is RVP?

didn't you see him attempting a pass in the 93rd minute when he should be scoring?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
Oh Rooney! What a silly and idiotic decision he made there! Small time, he go dey compare himself with Messi and Ronaldo. Rubbish!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 24, 2013
Rooney is a rrettarded Goat! Even the goal he scored he shud have passed to hernandez, he was lucky he scored.

When he was supposed to score he decided to pass, I swear if na VPersie dey beside Rooney he would have not opted to pass that ball in d 93rd min.

Moyes, Rooney, Fellaini, Cleverly, Valencia, Giggs, Rio and Januzaj all either had a brain Fartt or a stinker.

We should be beating Cardiff, but when our coach conspires to behave like a MoRoooon then, I give up!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:
i don't even need to get into moyes and his daft substitutions. a match that is yet to be won & giggs was his weapon of choice - giggs managed to contribute nothing in the last 20 mins.

Oga. Pack your face... Giggs contributed nothing --- I guess it was Cleverly+Nani rolled up in Ando's body that gave that delightful ball which our 250k-a-week, I-am-the-top-dog, I-wanna-be-main-striker ret@rdeen conspired to throw away!?

In 70 odd mins, not one defence-splitting pass from that midfield, Giggsy comes on and when we needed some bit of creativity, he provides a pass that was just begging to be converted. Abegi, lay off the old man jare - at his age, he still players better than half the lot we have sitting on that bench there!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

Because we have played crap and won games doesn't mean we deserved to win those games or the other team deserved to lose.
We were just hanging in there throughout the second half.
If we have to start defending a single goal lead every time, it will keep happening.
I'm tired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2013
debosky: Useless bunch. . . blaming Rooney as usual. Without Rooney's goal and assist, wouldn't y'all have lost? cheesy

Where is RVP?
Was it Evra d@ was in front of d equalizer or Rooney?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
When Smalling gave that stupid free kick away...I just knew it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
RuuDie:
Oga. Pack your face... Giggs contributed nothing --- I guess it was Cleverly+Nani rolled up in Ando's body that gave that delightful ball which our 250k-a-week, I-am-the-top-dog, I-wanna-be-main-striker ret@rdeen conspired to throw away!?

giggs gave the ball away like no man's business. yes, he made one pass to rooney after 2-2 but that was in the 93rd minute. giggs came on in the 70th minute. so one pass in 20 mins is good enough?

who does giggs scare?
players like nani, young, anderson, etc were on the bench - at least those ones would put in the shift & make the opposition think twice about leaving their back exposed. young would have even won a penalty or a freekick....

In 70 odd mins, not one defence-splitting pass from that midfield, Giggsy comes on and when we needed some bit of creativity, he provides a pass that was just begging to be converted. Abegi, lay off the old man jare - at his age, he still players better than half the lot we have sitting on that bench there!

giggs does nothing for the team...
he's a ceremonial has-been. he's bad luck & not good enough to be playing ahead young players. we should get rid of him.

chamotex:
Because we have played crap and won games doesn't mean we deserved to win those games or the other team deserved to lose.
If we have to start defending a single goal lead every time, it will keep happening.
I'm tired.

even martin tyler would tell you the mark of a true champion is winning even when not playing well. cardiff shouldn't be pinning us back at the death of a game if moyes was smarter with his subs.

at 2-1, moyes should have introduced more wingers. cardiff would surely take risks & players like nani, young, ando should have been used for counterattack. moyes brought on giggs......a snail moves faster than giggs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
RuuDie:

LOL. At this rate he will get a raise as our play will be so dire, the Glazers will be reliant on him to bring in the sponsorships deals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 24, 2013
chamotex:

I'm tired.
there wld alws be games where d team wld hav to rely on converting the chances that come dia way, and not neccesarily by playing well! I think games like this fall into dat category!! Performance wise, i see no diff btwn dis game and d swansea game we won 4-1 away... We were just more clinical in that game!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
chrisley024:
Was it Evra d@ was in front of d equalizer or Rooney?
twas evra dt lost kim
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
dademola: twas evra dt lost kim

we can't blame evra for that goal. he couldn't have outjumped the goalscorer. whether he stayed with him or not, the organisation was horrible. what was evra even doing in that part of the box when he's the shortest player in the team?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
The selection alone makes it look like Moyes underrated Cardiff. A wrong selection can be amended with right subs.

Our major weakness today:
Janujaz
Cleverley
Chichario
Smalling

Our major problem
The late and wrong sub.

*It was evident that Janujaz was not in the game, yet he played 3/4 of the game.
*Chicha was isolated, yet we kept playing same way.
*Cleverey was not playing well, yet he played 90 minute.
Midfield refusing to make direct tackles. Gave Cardiff too much time on the ball.

Moyes should have brought Nani/Young for Janujaz. Welbeck for Chicha. Why always Giggs?

* If the right thing had been done, we shouldn't have waited for a 92nd minute chance to win a match. Our decision to protect slim leads instead of attacking for more goals has cost us 4 points against Southampton and Cadiff.

In 2011/12 season, we lost huge amount of points in games after UCL matches. This season, we are dropping points in games before UCL matches due to same reason; team rotation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
Moyes still won't learn. Man united aren't built to routinely sit on a 1 goal lead. He saw us do it successfully against Arsenal and discarded the lessons from earlier this season, trying it again today. We are not a solid defensive side and have never been built that way. SAF has instilled the spirit of trying to win, rather than sitting on a lead into all the institutions at O.T for over 2 decades.

He needs to stop trying to see out games, until we are top of the league and no longer chasing the leaders. Until then we have to adopt a foot on the gas approach for as much of the 90 mins as possible.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
RuuDie:

Oga. Pack your face... Giggs contributed nothing --- I guess it was Cleverly Nani rolled up in Ando's body that gave that delightful ball which our 250k-a-week, I-am-the-top-dog, I-wanna-be-main-striker ret@rdeen conspired to throw away!?

N wat was he doing wen he's not with d ball? How many times did he give ball away? Splitting pass indeed.

Fact is d@ we also struggle anytime he comes in or starts game. We concede most times he comes in n why DM doesn't see it is jus stupidity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
elampiro: The selection alone makes it look like Moyes underrated Cardiff. A wrong selection can be amended with right subs.

Our major weakness today:
Janujaz
Cleverley
Chichario
Smalling

Our major problem
The late and wrong sub.

*It was evident that Janujaz was not in the game, yet he played 3/4 of the game.
*Chicha was isolated, yet we kept playing same way.
*Cleverey was not playing well, yet he played 90 minute.
Midfield refusing to make direct tackles. Gave Cardiff too much time on the ball.

Moyes should have brought Nani/Young for Janujaz. Welbeck for Chicha. Why always Giggs?

* If the right thing had been done, we shouldn't have waited for a 92nd minute chance to win a match. Our decision to protect slim leads instead of attacking for more goals has cost us 4 points against Southampton and Cadiff.

In 2011/12 season, we lost huge amount of points in games after UCL matches. This season, we are dropping points in games before UCL matches due to same reason; team rotation.

defensively, smalling was very okay today...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
dademola: there wld alws be games where d team wld hav to rely on converting the chances that come dia way, and not neccesarily by playing well! I think games like this fall into dat category!! Performance wise, i see no diff btwn dis game and d swansea game we won 4-1 away... We were just more clinical in that game!!

Totally two different performances...
We played with a faster tempo and bite.

I'm not talking about not being able to grind out results, that's in our DNA but it doesn't necessarily mean we deserved to win all those games.
Cardiff deserved the draw.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
coogar:

giggs gave the ball away like no man's business. yes, he made one pass to rooney after 2-2 but that was in the 93rd minute. giggs came on in the 70th minute. so one pass in 20 mins is good enough?

who does giggs scare?
players like nani, young, anderson, etc were on the bench - at least those ones would put in the shift & make the opposition think twice about leaving their back exposed. young would have even won a penalty or a freekick....

giggs does nothing for the team...
he's a ceremonial has-been. he's bad luck & not good enough to be playing ahead young players. we should get rid of him.

even martin tyler would tell you the mark of a true champion is winning even when not playing well. cardiff shouldn't be pinning us back at the death of a game if moyes was smarter with his subs.

at 2-1, moyes should have introduced more wingers. cardiff would surely take risks & players like nani, young, ando should have been used for counterattack. moyes brought on giggs......a snail moves faster than giggs.

My guy. If it was Kagawa, Ando, Clev, Nani, Young or any of your favorites that played that ball... you'd have produced gifs of various angles of it even before the final whistle went. All of a sudden you are not making refeence to the pass!

"A snail runs faster than Giggs" --- at forty, Giggsy is like Usain beside Ando, Young, Cleverly, Jones, Smalling, Kagawa, Carrick and Fellaini... heck, even young Zaha would struggle to keep up!

Just look at that pass - this is why Giggs is "Special" and still in that team. When the chirps were down, he came up with a moment of brilliance (and don't you dare try to water it down that it wasn't a moment of sheer class from the old master) - all game long, nobody did or came close to doing that... more importantly, he did at a time we needed it badly. Saddening that it did not count because of one useless sc@llywag; otherwise wouldn't we all be here screaming "inspired sub"!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ferdinand shouldn't be starting games here if we have any other two CBs fit. Any two CB combo is just fine...
Fabio should be playing in the absence of his bro FFS!
Nani had one poor 45 mins & he has never gotten another minute since then, while Valencia has had @ least 3 terrible games in a row now yet he will still get another 90min on Wednesday cheesy . That's what I don't understand in this team, why some guys get far more chances than others despite not doing any better *Cleverley/Anderson, Welbeck/Hernandez, Nani/Valencia, Kagawa/Rooney as 10, Smalling/Fabio @ RB*
Januzaj didn't have the best of games today, yet its still a steep learning curve for him. I'll still play him @ every opportunity, he's that good...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2013
dademola: defensively, smalling was very okay today...

This is 2013...a RB's role is not only to defend.
Football has evolved.
As soon as Smalling crosses the half way line...he is clueless.
Fabio should start getting the nod in that position if Rafael is unavailable.
Smalling is much more better at CB, which is what he is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
coded guy: Rooney is a rrettarded Goat! Even the goal he scored he shud have passed to hernandez, he was lucky he scored.

This is the problem. Always trying to criticize he took the wrong decision. It the right decision was to pass to Chicha in his 1st goal, then the correct decision should be to pass to Welbeck in the second. Welbeck was completely unmarked, although he did not align himself well with Rooney's run.

Perhaps, criticism like this is what is killing Rooney's confidence. Remember the Leverkusen match when he shot instead of making a pass.

I wish Welbeck didn't even make the run. We should have been talking of a goal or a miss. I could have defended that better- An attempt on goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) ... (14185) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.