Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8689450 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6188) (6189) (6190) (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2018
eph12:

Good we know we are both misrepresenting facts here cheesy

Lmao

The guy lie you sef equalize with another lie.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2018
afrodoc2:

Who said we have a better squad than Man City ?
Exactly! I purposely said that so he understands how it feels like
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2018
Had Mourinho remained in charge, several players were prepared to seek a move away from the club in the summer. ESPN
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
The mood has changed significantly in the United dressing room and the players are looking forward to enjoying their football and their life again. #mufc [ESPN]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mourinho: “I have been immensely proud to wear the badge of Manchester United since the first day I arrived, and I believe all United supporters recognise this. I have worked with some wonderful people and I believe that some will be fiends for life.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2018
Expect Mason Greenwood, Perreira to be in the match day squad soon.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mourinho: “I know that are you all aware of my professional principles. Each time a chapter is closed I show my deepest respect and I don’t make any comments about my former colleagues.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mourinho: “I hope the media will also respect my position and let me live my normal life until the moment I decide to return to football. Merry Christmas.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 4:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
Wayne Rooney will join the BT Sport team for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first game in charge against Cardiff. #mufc [Mirror]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
afrodoc2:

Top 4 was gone for this season.
The Ole signing is just to try and return to attractive and attacking football for the rest of the season until a permanent appointment at the end.

As long as he plays attacking football and we don’t drift towards relegation he would have done what he was brought in to do.

I am not a Man Utd fan but if I were my tactic will be to

1. Get a caretaker like Ole. No expectation just manage the team.
2. Do whatever you want with the team just start removing the toxic nature of the dressing room. Make the players happy and enjoy football
3. Top 4 is a mirage at this point and forget CL, If possible avoid top 6 sef so you don't have to deal with Europa
4. Appoint a Sporting director first,
5. By February make underground contact with Poch or any coach you intend to sign.
6. Get a secret commitment that will not upset the current club(if employed)
7. Get a list of all players he wants the first choice to 3rd choice for each position he wants,
8. Hand over to the Sporting director who starts negotiations.
9. Season ends May 20. Annouce your new coach
10. Transfer window open June 1, annouce 3 new signings in the first week
11. Conclude all transfers by mid June
12. Take the new team and coach to a 1month intensive camp free from needless friendlies and media
13. Play a few friendlies before the season
14. Start the season

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
sleekdot:

I am not a Man Utd fan but if I were my tactic will be to

1. Get a caretaker like Ole. No expectation just manage the team.
2. Do whatever you want with the team just start removing the toxic nature of the dressing room. Make the players happy and enjoy football
3. Top 4 is a mirage at this point and forget CL, If possible avoid top 6 sef so you don't have to deal with Europa
4. Appoint a Sporting director first,
5. By February make underground contact with Poch or any coach you intend to sign.
6. Get a secret commitment that will not upset the current club(if employed)
7. Get a list of all players he wants the first choice to 3rd choice for each position he wants,
8. Hand over to the Sporting director who starts negotiations.
9. Season ends May 20. Annouce your new coach
10. Transfer window open June 1, annouce 3 new signings in the first week
11. Conclude all transfers by mid June
12. Take the new team and coach to a 1month intensive camp free from needless friendlies and media
13. Play a few friendlies before the season
14. Start the season

I can’t fault this approach. Ole’s appointment is mainly to lift the mood in the squad and erase the gloom that Mourinho brought.
The only result based expectations for Ole are
1) play attacking football
2) don’t get us relegated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mou's official statement

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 5:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
MRTA7:
We've just ensured this season is a write off.
Which doesn't make sense. The signs that the manager was finished had been on 3D since the start of this season. I just don't like the decision making of this present board. Let's hope Olé can get into Top 4 somehow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:11pm On Dec 19, 2018
raumdeuter:

Man Utd players can match City players only that United have a terrible coach

This is an example of such a claim. There were some more from last year. It was not only Raumdeuter who had this opinion.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
elampiro:
This is an example of such a claim. There were some more from last year. It was not only Raumdeuter who had this opinion.

Are Liverpool players currently not matching City? Do you think Liverpool have better players? But Klopp likes their style
If another coach doesn't like Lukaku and Matic style, Should he be forced to use them just because Mourinho liked and bought them
Mourinho built his team the next coach should build his too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2018
Adisaowalla:

I don't agree....

If utilized properly, our team is actually good enough to be a force to reckon with in Europe....

Every team can't be loaded like the Madrids, Barcelonas etc of this world na.

If we wan analyse am properly, i think our squad is actually better than some of the so called "feared teams" in Europe sef.. .

This is argument kind of suggested we have a squad to match City, and the rest.

But there were more direct argument from other guys which said our team was better than City, or that Mourinho inherited a better team than Guardiola
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
ChristineC:
Which doesn't make sense. The signs that the manager was finished had been on 3D since the start of this season. I just don't like the decision making of this present board. Let's hope Olé can get into Top 4 somehow.
I say we forget about top 4 and just enjoy our football for now. Even though it's very much possible, but we don't need that kind of pressure unless these players are mentally strong. I doubt that though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
elampiro:
But there were more direct argument from other guys which said our team was better than City, or that Mourinho inherited a better team than Guardiola

Mourinho inherited a younger better team, Bought the players he wanted, which I believe were poor signings. E.g Lukaku, Matic and some which he had no plans for e.g Fred and Alexis
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
sleekdot:

Mourinho inherited a younger better team, Bought the players he wanted, which I believe were poor signings. E.g Lukaku, Matic and some which he had no plans for e.g Fred and Alexis

You have started again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
Maybe this new manager fit salvage something from the wreck that is Alexis Sanchez.
Try crazy stuff like play four attacking players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
sleekdot:

Are Liverpool players currently not matching City? Do you think Liverpool have better players? But Klopp likes their style
If another coach doesn't like Lukaku and Matic style, Should he be forced to use them just because Mourinho liked and bought them
Mourinho built his team the next coach should build his too

If we have players better than City, why does the next coach need to buy?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by sleekdot(m): 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
elampiro:
You have started again.
Its the truth
elampiro:

Every coach has his style, So if the next coach prefers a different type of striker other than Lukaku or wants a different DM, He should be made to use whatever Mourinho bought

Klopp probably will not work with the players in City and Pep wont work with the players in Liverpool.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2018
elampiro:

Mourinho needed to buy too but he was going after the wrong players. So you know every coach needs to buy too. Klopp, EMery, Sarri, Pep they all want to buy too
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AmoryBlacq: 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
neezar:
Mourinho: “I hope you media respect this way of me, the way I react to this kind of situation and until I get back to football I think i have the right to live my normal life like i do now. I go for my little walk and I go for my shopping. United is the past.”

I just love this man!.

He's a no fuvk giver! ManU will later go and beg him to come back. Amen!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Adisaowalla: 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2018
elampiro:

This is an argument that clearly emphasises the fact that our current team is decent enough to compete on all fronts......under normal circumstances.

The current form, fitness and psychological/mental state of the players is a different issue entirely..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
AmoryBlacq:

I just love this man!.

He's a no fuvk giver! ManU will later go and beg him to come back. Amen!
Since u love him

You guys should sign him den
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
elampiro:

Griezmann was the first choice striker.

There were solid links to midfielders throughout the summer. I can't remember names, I think there was Verratti.

Lukaku and Pogba were back-up plans, that was why we went for them towards the end of the transfer window. Fellaini was a panic buy by Moyes.

Mata was also a panic buy. Sanchez is the panic buy of Mourinho.
even barca no see greizman buy. Wen ppl were buying salah, mane, marhez, shaqiri and others were was he
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
Solskjaer's Philosophy in brief................

"My brand is forward minded. Forward passing, forward running. I want to attack. I want the players to express themselves."

- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
Oasis007:
Solskjaer's Philosophy in brief................

"My brand is forward minded. Forward passing, forward running. I want to attack. I want the players to express themselves."

- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Lol this guy has his work cut out for him. I'll give him 10 matches before assessing him. If only he's able to play friendlies
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
"United need a lift and our ultimate super-sub, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, is just the man for the job. He’s been a long-term backer of fans and a patron of MUST, so we know he understands our support and what we are looking for from a manager.

“Whilst Ole is at the helm, the club needs to make the big structural changes to equip us to compete in modern football. The Club must put football expertise in charge of football decisions, especially in respect of selection of the next manager and player transfers.

“Manchester United fans have shown phenomenal support to the team through the recent difficult period. We know all fans will continue to back the team and we expect to see the players giving their all for the Club and the supporters.

"We know Ole will."

- Manchester United Supporters' Trust (MUST)

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:08pm On Dec 19, 2018
“It’s good for him. He’s a legend at United. I was quite surprised they were signing Ole, I didn’t know they were going to sign someone until the end of the season.

“I’m free as well, it would have been nice. I’m sure I could have done something over there as well – it’s always a matter of who you’re going to pick but hopefully they don’t forget about me!

“He wants to play attacking football, as a personality he can work with young players, give them a certain feeling, which is what they need.

“He’s got a football brain, he knows tactically what to do. Sometimes they need to be released from something that brings out that feeling of freedom. I think Ole is that type of manager.”

- Jap Stam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AmoryBlacq: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
neezar:

Since u love him

You guys should sign him den

He has coached us twice! Of which we gave him 3 league titles!

But what did you guys give him? opera performances, fancy haircuts, and trendy dance steps!

Shame!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6188) (6189) (6190) (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.