Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8689903 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6189) (6190) (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) (6195) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
AmoryBlacq:

I just love this man!.

He's a no fuvk giver! ManU will later go and beg him to come back. Amen!
please wake up. You don pass your bus stop
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2018
Ed Woodward has met with Paul Mitchell to discuss the director of football role at United. #mufc [Isport]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
AmoryBlacq:

He has coached us twice! Of which we gave him 3 league titles!

But what did you guys give him? opera performances, fancy haircuts, and trendy dance steps!

Shame!!!
you gave him abi he gave you.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
Oasis007:
“It’s good for him. He’s a legend at United. I was quite surprised they were signing Ole, I didn’t know they were going to sign someone until the end of the season.

“I’m free as well, it would have been nice. I’m sure I could have done something over there as well – it’s always a matter of who you’re going to pick but hopefully they don’t forget about me!

“He wants to play attacking football, as a personality he can work with young players, give them a certain feeling, which is what they need.

“He’s got a football brain, he knows tactically what to do. Sometimes they need to be released from something that brings out that feeling of freedom. I think Ole is that type of manager.”

- Jap Stam
baba dey hustle. Man GATS put food for table.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2018
I know say management no be beans but i believe if Solskjaer can arrange our best 11 and have them playing attacking footie, looking to always score goals instead of defending and trying not to concede like we are used to, we'll be fine....for now at least

---------------DDG------------

Dalot------Bailly--------Smalling-------Shaw

Fred------Herrera----------Pogba

Lingard/Mata------Sanchez----------Martial

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 7:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lana1:
I know say management no be beans but i believe if Solskjaer can arrange our best 11 and have them playing attacking footie, looking to always score goals instead of defending and trying not to concede like we are used to, we'll be fine....for now at least

nice idea, Herrera is a runner. ... I don't even need him to dictate any midfield like Sergio... Let him just receive the ball, pass it to pogba or the next person. I'm sure with him, no lazy running... Herrera will be like our Casemiro grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lana1:

Where lukaku na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NinjaMetahuman: 7:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lana1:

grin

At least Sanchez has a calm, cool first Touch and can conveniently play as a false 9.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
sleekdot:

Its the truth

Every coach has his style, So if the next coach prefers a different type of striker other than Lukaku or wants a different DM, He should be made to use whatever Mourinho bought

Klopp probably will not work with the players in City and Pep wont work with the players in Liverpool.
this approach wont help the team,so u want them to just throw away 75m like that and go get another striker which i am sure will cost nothing less than 50m,players can always be trained to adapt to a coach's style even though it will take time to see results,and to be realistic it is not like united have any big expectations to meet again aside from maybe 4th position,so i feel it is better to just focus on rebuilding the team's play style and philosophy with the current crop of players and not jumping into the market to sign new bloods,for there is no rush.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
Barely 24 hours and Solskjaer has equalled Klop's record at Anfield.... Zero trophies tongue

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
obainojazz:
Barely 24 hours and Solskjaer has equalled Klop's record at Anfield.... Zero trophies tongue
Madt man cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by slimghost(m): 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2018
AmoryBlacq:

I just love this man!.

He's a no fuvk giver! ManU will later go and beg him to come back. Amen!

Thunder will just beg to go and fire you. Oya say Amen!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2018
neezar:

Madt man cheesy cheesy
That man that said our shepkites brothers are stupid will also end without trophies grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
obainojazz:
#Legend!!! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Enemyofpeace: 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
sleekdot:

I am not a Man Utd fan but if I were my tactic will be to

1. Get a caretaker like Ole. No expectation just manage the team.
2. Do whatever you want with the team just start removing the toxic nature of the dressing room. Make the players happy and enjoy football
3. Top 4 is a mirage at this point and forget CL, If possible avoid top 6 sef so you don't have to deal with Europa
4. Appoint a Sporting director first,
5. By February make underground contact with Poch or any coach you intend to sign.
6. Get a secret commitment that will not upset the current club(if employed)
7. Get a list of all players he wants the first choice to 3rd choice for each position he wants,
8. Hand over to the Sporting director who starts negotiations.
9. Season ends May 20. Annouce your new coach
10. Transfer window open June 1, annouce 3 new signings in the first week
11. Conclude all transfers by mid June
12. Take the new team and coach to a 1month intensive camp free from needless friendlies and media
13. Play a few friendlies before the season
14. Start the season

nice one
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Enemyofpeace: 8:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
Oasis007:
Solskjaer's Philosophy in brief................

"My brand is forward minded. Forward passing, forward running. I want to attack. I want the players to express themselves."

- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

here comes the next level. Sai Ole!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:15pm On Dec 19, 2018
obainojazz:
nice idea, Herrera is a runner. ... I don't even need him to dictate any midfield like Sergio... Let him just receive the ball, pass it to pogba or the next person. I'm sure with him, no lazy running... Herrera will be like our Casemiro grin
Agreed. Perreira can also sub in. Make Matic go sit down for bench. As for Fellaini i no wan see that one. Hopefully the next manager will do the needful and sell him off. I will never understand what Moyes, LVG and Mourinho saw in him to be playing him, let alone starting him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
thorrvik55:

Where lukaku na
Who?? lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lukaku go still give me around 20 goals in all competition this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 10:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
SIRcumalot:
Lukaku go still give me around 20 goals in all competition this season.
Better drop pad and off ur PlayStation. grin grin
Person wey no fit control ball anymore na him wan score 20 goals??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 10:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lana1:

But who will take Care of aerial ball in that midfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2018
erhmm eph12 what happened to Alli tonight is what Mr Sarri was referring to since you can't read cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2018
A word for Jose...
As I took some time off to reflect on his dismissal, the human side of me kicked in, it's the feeling I felt when he was sacked in his first stint as Chelsea's manager... Bold, pragmatic, entertaining and smart, Mourinho has his name boldly written in the histroy book of football, as a young manager, he led Porto to the Uefa Cup and finished unbeaten in the league. In the next season his Porto team eliminated Manchester United on their way to lifting the UCL...
Next, he joined Chelsea and raised the standard of the English league just as Pep is doing now, his teams were renowned for their defensive solidity and ruthlessness up front. However, as the years went by, attacking football as played by Pep, Klopp and other young coaches posed a threat to his methods which were becoming obsolute after his glorious spell at Inter Milan which culminated at a treble winning campaign in 2010.
Upon joining Madrid, Mourinho needed to make some adjustments, which he didn't do and it ultimately cost him his job then and now.
A lot had changed, away from warriors like Ballack, Lampard, Terry, Carvalho, Drogba at first to Lucio, and Walter Samuel, Milito Zanetti, and the iconic figure and captain extraordinaire of Inter, Mourinho had to deal with modern day footballers who wielded more power driven by huge wages and the social media effect, Ronaldo, Ozil, Ramos, Di Maria etc were never going to be the warriors he wanted them to be, he refused to acknowledge that players were now more powerful, player power had come to stay and in his bid to assert his authority and his playing style, the players revolted and he was kicked out.
Back at Chelsea, he did well to win the EPL in the second season of his second stint but yet again, he was a victim of his refusal to adapt to the modern game, he lost the dressing room again and was infamously sacked for the second time.
Then came Ed Woodward and Manchester United who themselves where struggling to find their footing post Fergie era, Mou was brought in and backed with cash with one mandate, to return the club back to the submit of English and European football. In his first season, he delivered, Manchester won the only European trophy that has since eluded her in her otherwise prestigious history along with the Caraboa cup, things looked good and the board were obliged to splash the cash looking forward to his second season.
In his second season, the cracks began to show, he was at first satisfied with the summer transfer dealings but it was not after we were a couple of games in to the season that he started to blame every poor result on the failure of Ed Woodward to land Ivan Perisic whom he had publicly expressed his likeness for. He began to criticize the players, passing blames for every poor result and undermining the club.
In the one area where the fans were admittedly satisfied with how things were panning out, the LWF position where Martial and Rashford were keeping each other on their tails, he messed things up by bringing in. Sanchez as part of a player exchange deal that saw Mkhitaryan head the opposite direction to Arsenal. Sanchez or the piano man as some rivals fans have christened him has so far flattered to deceive, he has been a shadow of the beast we watched terrorizing defenders at Arsenal, his signing stagnated the growth of Martial and most especially Rashford. He made matters worse each time he was in front of the cameras no worse did he do than his utterances after we were eliminated from the UCL by lowly Sevilla...
It was now a matter of time, came his 3rd season, this season, he spent the summer telling all who needed to hear that he wanted a CB but this is the same manger who demanded for Bailly first and afterwards Lindelof but 2 years and one year on, he had deemed them not good enough (Are you kidding me?), he signed Dalot for over 19m pounds and Fred for 52m but fast forward in the new season, Fred has a struggled for game time, Dalot has barely featured. He has made the mess of over 350m pounds investment as he had fallen out with his and the EPL most expensive signing ever and was plotting his sale in a bid to satisfy his ego, Lukaku is a shadow of himself, Bailly is glued to the bench, Lindelof hasn't improved, Martial is threatening to leave the club whilst on the other hand, career wastsemen have become starters in a team renowned for flair players, Fellaini held the club to ransom for a new deal, fucking Fellaini of Everton, Smalling just signed a new deal, Young is having the time of his otherwise mediocre career, Jones keeps serving us shit yet he always somehow makes the team list, less said about Lukaku the better, Lingard has refused to grow, a whole lot of negatives crowned by that utter disgraceful performance at Anfield.
Mourinho has since lost the midas touch, he has not improved any player in the team and he deserves to be shown the door.
I won't wish him good luck ahead,I am rather wishing the next unfortunate club that hires him good luck...
Can he be saved? Yes of course he needs to reinvent himself but that's a big ask for a defensive minded coach like him.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sniper4real:

But who will take Care of aerial ball in that midfield
The Fellaini and Matic that they've been playing there, how many aerial balls have they won??

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 11:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
Lana1:

ayam still wondering how we can see this lineups but Morinho couldn't, since the past month this is the exact same formation I was hoping he could play, with a change of mindset of course.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 4:03am On Dec 20, 2018
Lana1:
Better drop pad and off ur PlayStation. grin grin
Person wey no fit control ball anymore na him wan score 20 goals??
i see as you dey say slander him good name that na why i say e go score 20 sef grin

almost everybody for this team took a serious step back from de gea to ukaku for front.
since Jose don comot now we suppose go back to how we be before.

you go witness soon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 6:01am On Dec 20, 2018
thorrvik55:

Where lukaku na
my brother take time o.he shud b ban from old Trafford.lukaku is an embarrassment.Boys dat plays Street football in Nigeria play better dan him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Sniper4real(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2018
Lana1:
The Fellaini and Matic that they've been playing there, how many aerial balls have they won??

If we can get a player who can deal with aerial ball, hold on to ball (not been bullied off the ball) and very fast. It will really make sense. Matic can do that but just that he's sluggish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:59am On Dec 20, 2018
odizeey:
even barca no see greizman buy. Wen ppl were buying salah, mane, marhez, shaqiri and others were was he

I thought it was the board that frustrated Shaqiri's buy.

We should have bought Griezmann if not for the suspension of A. Madrid in the transfer market.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:05am On Dec 20, 2018
As for me, it is not every club you go to as a coach and say you want to buy your kind of players. I gave never seen anyone gone to Barca, Madrid, Bayern Munich in the last 8 or more years and said he wants to buy his kind of players.

Manchester City as at the level currently. Liverpool is almost there. Manchester United was like that with squad 2008.

Anyway, my own is a prayer for the new coach to succeed without many excuses. Since Moyes, it has been "I am rebuilding"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

I thought it was the board that frustrated Shaqiri's buy.

We should have bought Griezmann if not for the suspension of A. Madrid in the transfer market.

let us just let by gone be by gone

(1) (2) (3) ... (6189) (6190) (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) (6195) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: perfecta1(m), Lana1(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.