Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8772113 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6190) (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) (6195) (6196) ... (14173) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12am On Dec 20, 2018
This one people are saying we should get a player who can win aerial balls, this player to play so so position. That to be sold.

Why not wait for the new coach to start utilising the players so that we assess how they fit in? It has been like this since 2014 with every coach. There are always people wanting certain players out. Particularly when Van Gaal came, some players were tagged robots and too unintelligent to fit into Prof Luiz Van Gaal ball control style. At the end, those so called intelligent ones like Chicharito, Rafael, Evans, Zaha, were unable to cope, and were being sold.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:
As for me, it is not every club you go to as a coach and say you want to buy your kind of players. I gave never seen anyone gone to Barca, Madrid, Bayern Munich in the last 8 or more years and said he wants to buy his kind of players.

Manchester City as at the level currently. Liverpool is almost there. Manchester United was like that with squad 2008.

Anyway, my own is a prayer for the new coach to succeed without many excuses. Since Moyes, it has been "I am rebuilding"

Is Mourinho exempt from this your new rule?

It is not every club you go to and buy your type of players but when your man was spending half a billion Euro looking for his type of players you didn’t complain, actually you were criticizing the board for not supporting him enough.

So Mourinho could not use the players left by Van Gaal but the incoming manager must use the players left by Mourinho.

And you say you go to a Bible believing church?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2018
afrodoc2:

It is not every club you go to and buy your type of players but when your man was spending half a billion Euro looking for his type of players you didn’t complain, actually you were criticizing the board for not supporting him enough.

So Mourinho could not use the players left by Van Gaal but the incoming manager must use the players left by Mourinho.

grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2018
United will fine Paul Pogba for his social media post on Tuesday. #mufc [RT]

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2018
Michael Carrick told the players after Jose Mourinho was dismissed that no player is bigger than the football club.
#mufc [Neil Custis]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by neezar: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2018
Michael Carrick reminded the players that the club would still get rid of anyone who is not meeting its standards and that they needed to fight for the United shirt. #mufc [Neil Custis]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2018
SIRcumalot:
Lukaku go still give me around 20 goals in all competition this season.
grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2018
afrodoc2:

Did I argue that Manchester United players were better than Manchester City players?

I argued from day one that our players were mixed with inexperienced players and not good enough players.

But there were many who were posting such comments that our team was better than a City team that won the league a year earlier, finished in the semi final of the UCL. I told them we didn’t have the likes of Aguero, Fernadinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Kompany, Sterling to build upon. They were relying on the highly inexperienced Rashford, Martial, etc

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:21am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

Did I argue that Manchester United players were better than Manchester City players?

I argued from day one that our players were mixed with inexperienced players and not good enough players.

But there were many who were posting such comments that our team was better than a City team that won the league a year earlier, finished in the semi final of the UCL. I told them we didn’t have the likes of Aguero, Fernadinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Kompany, Sterling to build upon. They were relying on the highly inexperienced Rashford, Martial, etc
just like mbappe is inexperienced na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 9:22am On Dec 20, 2018
obainojazz:
grin
U no fit esape hell bro. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

Those guys were fans of other clubs. I can’t recall any United fan saying that this squad was better than City’s squad.
If you have evidence of such you can post it.

Mourinho met poor players and bought poorer players.
The United train was on a fast track to nowhere and Mourinho has created a squad with too many mediocre players.

Why do you think people are clamouring for a DoF if not to improve the quality of the squad?

We need a DoF with connections who knows how to identify and go for the right players to suit the style of football Old Trafford is used to.

The manager that will be coming in June should at least be involved in identifying the kind of players he wants and the club should start setting the stage from January.

Wenger did this before he joined Arsenal in 1996 and Pep usually does the same thing too.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by monerozi5590: 9:31am On Dec 20, 2018
ehp12, i heard this morning on radio that Mourinho has a higher win percentage than both Klopp and Pochettino during his days at Old Trafford.

Both coaches have not won even a spoon but no one is coming for their heads. Is always easy to criticize Mou right?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 20, 2018
afrodoc2:

That last line off me abeg
Savage!!!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2018
monerozi5590:
ehp12, i heard this morning on radio that Mourinho has a higher win percentage than both Klopp and Pochettino during his days at Old Trafford.

Both coaches have not won even a spoon but no one is coming for their heads. Is always easy to criticize Mou right?
since you like am, take am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 20, 2018
monerozi5590:

Poch's club has no history, Klopp is taking Pool places, abi dem dey finish top4 before? Mourinho was failing at a club with history and he won't still stop raising the three fingers. The other coaches you mention hardly annoy the media

11 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MaziOmenuko: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2018
monerozi5590:

Every club has its standards and expectations. Irrespective of how many trophies Mou won at old trafford, can you possibly say you liked the level the club was degenerating into? It was chaos everywhere; he could not even play the players he bought into the club! His media mgt is poor, he can't manage his players well, his inter-personal relationship with almost everybody is bad. Football is not all about trophies (Which I am sure he isn't even going to bring). Dude was becoming toxic abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2018
The argument here was that we have the players to at least give city a run for the EPL.
We argued that Pep would've utilized Mata, Pogba, Herrera, Pereira, Martial, Shaw, Rashford etc more than they were being utilized by Mourinho.
Even though the new manager needs to be supported with funds to buy players, I am certain that we have a good enough midfield to match our rivals, we only need to look at the defence and probably a striker. Even the defense might come good with a domineering midfield.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2018
afrodoc2:

Those guys were fans of other clubs. I can’t recall any United fan saying that this squad was better than City’s squad.
If you have evidence of such you can post it.

Mourinho met poor players and bought poorer players.
The United train was on a fast track to nowhere and Mourinho has created a squad with too many mediocre players.

Why do you think people are clamouring for a DoF if not to improve the quality of the squad?

We need a DoF with connections who knows how to identify and go for the right players to suit the style of football Old Trafford is used to.

The manager that will be coming in June should at least be involved in identifying the kind of players he wants and the club should start setting the stage from January.

Wenger did this before he joined Arsenal in 1996 and Pep usually does the same thing too.

It was not only fans of other clubs who said United had a better set of players. I don't have the time to go search for evidence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:09am On Dec 20, 2018
odizeey:
just like mbappe is inexperienced na

Mbappe was light years ahead of Rashford and Martial in terms of fast decision making, dribbling, etc. When people said he was being overhypped, I decided to watch in the a UCL fixture and my conclusion was that the guy would rule the world. I even suggested we buy him. I like dribblers with speed of play. I like players you can hardly shut out completely in a match even when they are having a bad day. That is why I have been a fan of Hazard since he arrived EPL.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:10am On Dec 20, 2018
patrickmuf:
The argument here was that we have the players to at least give city a rub for the EPL.
We argued that Pep would've utilized Mata, Pogba, Herrera, Pereira, Martial, Shaw, Rashford etc more than they were being utilized by Mourinho.

Gbam. This man here attends a bible believing church. E no dey lie grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:11am On Dec 20, 2018
I am not here to argue. Let's move ahead. A new coach, a new hope. New excitement.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:12am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

That is why I have been a fan of Hazard since he arrived EPL.

Na now u just confam to me sey u no know ball! grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16am On Dec 20, 2018
RuuDie:

Gbam. This man here attends a bible believing church. E no dey lie grin grin grin grin grin

He talk small lie for there. The argument was actually last year when we slid from the top of the table to second behind City. And they said we had a better team than City, so second position (rubbing City for the title)was not even acceptable. Just that I don't want to argue this matter seriously. If these guys don't go to amend their previous comments, I will eventually dig them up on Sunday if they keep pushing me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:19am On Dec 20, 2018
RuuDie:

Na now u just confam to me sey u no know ball! grin

lol, I have not hidden my love for Hazard's game right from day one. But I don't say it much because my co-United fans don't like him. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 11:21am On Dec 20, 2018
patrickmuf:
The argument here was that we have the players to at least give city a rub for the EPL.
Even though the new manager needs to be supported with funds to buy players, I am certain that we have a good enough midfield to match our rivals, we only need to look at the defence and probably a striker. Even the defense might come good with a domineering midfield.

With adabawole abi? Issorite! I no wan read lamentations or excuses from you going forward o!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:25am On Dec 20, 2018
diggz:

With adabawole abi? Issorite! I no wan read lamentations or excuses from you going forward o!
Lol Pogba has his faults but I doubt if he was coached by Pep he wouldn't be doing much better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

He talk small lie for there. The argument was actually last year when we slid from the top of the table to second behind City. And they said we had a better team than City, so second position (rubbing City for the title)was not even acceptable. Just that I don't want to argue this matter seriously. If these guys don't go to amend their previous comments, I will eventually dig them up on Sunday if they keep pushing me.
Player for player, there's little to seperate the both teams, people can argue otherwise but you look at the players critically and at various points, they have shown they're capable. The boys were low in confidence and didn't want to play for the manager.

Imagine Mou was praising Robertson for his bombarding runs forward but same Mou will never set his team to have Shaw doing same.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

Mbappe was light years ahead of Rashford and Martial in terms of fast decision making, dribbling, etc. When people said he was being overhypped, I decided to watch in the a UCL fixture and my conclusion was that the guy would rule the world. I even suggested we buy him. I like dribblers with speed of play. I like players you can hardly shut out completely in a match even when they are having a bad day. That is why I have been a fan of Hazard since he arrived EPL.
you were talking of inexperience bro. Is it not same rashford that scored on all his debut matches, banging goals weekly?
Same martial that destroyed Liverpool. He was on fire for Monaco too o.
Bros na mgt of youngsters abeg. How old was Owen wen he won balon d or. Mk I no call de lima

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dantedasz(m): 11:40am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

My brother,
What will digging up.comments probably made in the heat of the moment achieve?
I think we should just all bury the hatchet and get behind our club.
This is a time to get behind Solksjaer and the club. Let's support our colours.
I personally hope Ole succeeds in his car etaker capacity. The league is gone but if we can finish in a respectable position and get the team playing for the colours, it wouldn't be a wasted season.
Positivity.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2018
All I know is that these players no longer have any excuses. A lot of them still need to be dumped but if they're going to hide under Mourinho's failure then they better step up now. Otherwise they're about to get exposed. Especially Pogba and Lukaku.

I pray the next permanent coach is ruthless in his assessment of the players going forward because a lot of these guys have been a disgrace with the performances they have been putting in. The club pays them a fortune to go out there and perform but all we're hearing is its because of the manager so let's see them now.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:47am On Dec 20, 2018
I get serious eye on top pogba.

I kinda already conceded here that his not worth the money we paid for him. Am sure his contract should be coming up for renegotiations soon. If he still not super consistent,Madrid is showing signs of desperation they will pay us serious dough.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2018
elampiro:

It was not only fans of other clubs who said United had a better set of players. I don't have the time to go search for evidence.
Just look at. U make claims that people here explicitly said "United's players are better than City's" but u are too tired to provide evidence and proof of what already are false claims.

If u were a lawyer, u'd be the world's shittiest lawyer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6190) (6191) (6192) (6193) (6194) (6195) (6196) ... (14173) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.