Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8768568 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6313) (6314) (6315) (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) ... (14170) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:25am On Jan 29, 2019
hoopLA:
Let's be optimistic.

As daunting as the fixtures look it is meant to test us in view of where we really are as a squad relative to how we began the season.
The season was wrecked by Jose (who I supported initially and I owe the house an apology for that). At this point despite the excellent start under Ole I think we should see his tenure as a rescue job in terms of salvaging what we can from what is left. In my view we ought to temper our expectations in light of the fact that Ole is just the interim boss and that we are about to take a loss in terms of our projections for the season.

Of course Ole would like to use this as an audition to get the job full-term and as such will go out to do his case good. But the reality is that there are deficiencies both in terms of personnel and from the tactical side that would eventually be exposed.

Just saying. Please I'm no kill joy

This is a killer fixture list, even SAF go sweat. The danger is that we might struggle in some key games and the board might use that to judge Ole, which would be unfair.
I am already convinced Ole can do the job if given the support in the transfer market that Mourinho was given at the beginning. However if we lose steam during this marathon run of tough match after tough match the board might revert to their foolish ways and start looking for what is not missing.

And the main reason i think we would struggle with this run is the lack of capable replacements outside the first 11, especially in midfield.
Lukaku and Sanchez can do a job as replacements for Rashford and Martial, and Mata might still be able to contribute so the attack is not so bad BUT outside Pogba, Matic and Herrera that midfield is suspect.
In defence they are almost all equally bad so that is a known issue, however luckily in Romero we have probably the best no 2 GK in the world so no real problems there BUT our midfield might suffer during this run.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MorataFC: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2019
Criis:

Are you facing PSG before and Liverpool after?
so u mean PSG and Liverpool will field 22 twenty two players against man u 11?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:40am On Jan 29, 2019
afrodoc2:

This is a killer fixture list, even SAF go sweat. The danger is that we might struggle in some key games and the board might use that to judge Ole, which would be unfair.
I am already convinced Ole can do the job if given the support in the transfer market that Mourinho was given at the beginning. However if we lose steam during this marathon run of tough match after tough match the board might revert to their foolish ways and start looking for what is not missing.

And the main reason i think we would struggle with this run is the lack of capable replacements outside the first 11, especially in midfield.
Lukaku and Sanchez can do a job as replacements for Rashford and Martial, and Mata might still be able to contribute so the attack is not so bad BUT outside Pogba, Matic and Herrera that midfield is suspect.
In defence they are almost all equally bad so that is a known issue, however luckily in Romero we have probably the best no 2 GK in the world so no real problems there BUT our midfield might suffer during this run.
Exactly! I'm just scared of our midfield options and this is arguably the most important part of a team in today's football. Fred will really need to step up in the coming days. Hopefully Fella can still put in a decent shift for us. All hands will be needed on deck
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2019
The Fixtures are tough, very tough no doubt..... But to be a Champion, a fearful Force to reckon with in the League and beyond, that kinda Fixtures are needed once in a while.

OGS is ready, and up to the task. He made it clear in his Interview that's he's already looking beyond this Season, hence already preparing a formidable Squad for the next Season - whether he's confirmed as a permanent Manager or not.

Yeah....... The Fixtures are scary, but we are United. I am not expecting the Team to perform flawlessly, but I trust the Squad and the Handlers to drop a Hint...... That United of old Days is BACK!

OGS has my Support, Tactically he's unpredictable..... His Leutenants ain't left aside, they are all working well together to bring back the old Days!

The Season was already written off, but OGS led Army reignite the belief in us again..... That's its not over yet! Let's keep believing Dudes!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:52am On Jan 29, 2019
This fixture list makes it now even more imperative that we win the next 3 games against Burnley, Leicester, Fulham.
Those ones are very winnable. Use the first 11 for all 3 games and get all 9 points, and when the horror fixture list starts we can start making use of the larger squad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hoopLA: 11:54am On Jan 29, 2019
Leyqute:

Well said.

Do you think he should get the job if he emerges well from the tough fixtures and qualify us for UCL next season?
I think he should.
If he gets us into the top four, given the start we had, under half a season, there's no reason he shouldn't be in contention for the job. He must have earned it, surely.

I am a little wary of him though, being that right now the players seem to be giving their all for anyone other than Jose. What happens when players start to get bored with his happy-go-lucky approach? Just for starters.

I would take him over Pochetinno. In my view he's (Pochetinno) a poor man's Wenger.

patrickmuf:
I really do not think folks are concerned because we harbour any fears but rather because of the fixture list. If we had each game against a rival duly spread in between games against smaller teams, most folks wouldn't voice out.

Regarding deficiencies in the team, no questions about that but on the tactical side, I can't say just yet.

Someone here, I think it was doc, mentioned the glaring loophole in the 4-3-3 formation deployed vs Arsenal.
It is just that Arsenal is dumb by default. Otherwise they should have sweated us on Friday. A real serious side would take us out in the first half.

In my opinion I think we got lucky vs Spurs too.

Unfortunately our fixture list is what it is. Ole could not have had a kinder start to his tenure in light of the fixtures, so times like these would inevitably come.
Let's hope for the best and believe that Ole's work pays off in times like these.

afrodoc2:

Not going to add anything to the above.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
eph12:

We have exhausted our budget for hosting parties for the less privileged this season. Come back next year
Shaa sharap there. We would hold party here soon and the gates of hell would not prevail

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
eph12:

Na wa o. Who we offend na? And we don't have the quality to rest Matic, Herrera and Pogba in that midfield.
Yh. No replacements in that midfield.
At least for attack, we ve 5 to 6 decent players that can deputise for each other. Same in defence. But for that midfield, nobody is good enough outside Herrera, Pogba and Matic.

Trying days ahead. Will be interesting how the team responds.

I hope we dont have injuries and if we somehow come out of those games with 7/8 wins, then the queen can as well knight OGS on the spot while the board makes his appointment permanent. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
I still believe the FA is not helping matters with these kind of Fixture congestion despite the lack of a winter break. Same thing every year. Why cant they just spread out these fixtures properly across the season. Not every week we must ve a top 6 match up.

I dont think it was this bad during the top 4 days. And if they keep squeezing the fixtures together like this without a winter break, it would be hard for the EPL to produce another UCL winner or even a treble winning side.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:48pm On Jan 29, 2019
I strongly believe we can get this done.. Let's be optimistic fam.. OGS is here to prove a point and he'll do everything to get something out for those fixtures. I have a strong faith
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
Lana1:
I still believe the FA is not helping matters with these kind of Fixture congestion despite the lack of a winter break. Same thing every year. Why cant they just spread out these fixtures properly across the season. Not every week we must ve a top 6 match up.

I dont think it was this bad during the top 4 days. And if they keep squeezing the fixtures together like this without a winter break, it would be hard for the EPL to produce another UCL winner or even a treble winning side.

Well we benefitted from a relatively easy fixture list when Ole came in (at least the first 5,6 games), so we have to take this one as well as part of life.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Without Herrera there would be so much less of the control in United’s midfield that has allowed them to give their forward players the room in which to revel. What he offers is a work-rate unmatched elsewhere in United’s ranks. His rate of assists per game of 0.27 compares favourably with Georginio Wijnaldum, Fernandinho and N’Golo Kante this season, while he has got through far more work off the ball than any of that trio too, with 3.36 tackles per 90 minutes and 2.83 interceptions.

We should give this guy a new contract.. We could still sign a world class player for his role nonetheless.

Fred and Perreira should better sit up now. We need them rn
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
On current form it would be crazy not to offer the fan favourite a new deal. There are not many players in this world with the work-rate, desire, stamina and passing ability of Arturo Vidal, but Ander Herrera is proving to be one of them.

Do you agree with this
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
afrodoc2:

This fixture list makes it now even more imperative that we win the next 3 games against Burnley, Leicester, Fulham.
Those ones are very winnable. Use the first 11 for all 3 games and get all 9 points, and when the horror fixture list starts we can start making use of the larger squad.

Obviously I'm not coaching expert, But feel rotation has to begin now especially in midfield. The number of minutes the midfield 3 have in their legs now will start getting to the fatigue and injury zone. Fred and Perreira have to come in sooner rather than later. If 3 play our main midfield 3 for the next 3 games then the Feb/March big fixtures will be problems for them in my view. We can just manage in attack and defence since they're are not far off in quality from each other but currently the middle drop off is big if we lose them to injury.

I believe something like changing 1 of the 3 per match might help preserve them. Of course this is real life and not championship manager but these run of futures will test any team in world football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 12:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
Possible Lineup against agidi BURNLEY

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
afrodoc2:

Well we benefitted from a relatively easy fixture list when Ole came in (at least the first 5,6 games), so we have to take this one as well as part of life.

By our former standards that's no relatively easy fixture list..

The outcome woulda been 2 labourous W , 1 D, 3 L and gnashing of teeth cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:01pm On Jan 29, 2019
elrony:

By our former standards that's no relatively easy fixture list..

The outcome woulda been 2 labourous W , 1 D, 3 L and gnashing of teeth cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
grin grin

RT.. I swear down
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

We should give this guy a new contract.. We could still sign a world class player for his role nonetheless.

Fred and Perreira should better sit up now. We need them rn

He deserves a contract, with El Capitan Fellaini sold to Antayalaspor as cherrie topping same day grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
grin grin

RT.. I swear down

We for still dey do guerilla warfare for here grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could become the first ever manager to win his first seven Premier League games in charge of a club. Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea) and Pep Guardiola (Man City) both also managed six.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
elrony:

He deserves a contract, with El Capitan Fellaini sold to Antayalaspor as cherrie topping same day grin

I can't wait to see that unproductive iroko gone
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
elrony:

We for still dey do guerilla warfare for here grin cheesy

Chai!! That agidi man dealt with us eh. Watching Man Utd games was painful and bitter
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:07pm On Jan 29, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
Man Utd manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer could become the first ever manager to win his first seven Premier League games in charge of a club. Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea) and Pep Guardiola (Man City) both also managed six.

We need beat Burnley today any which way!!! angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

I can't wait to see that unproductive iroko gone

He will sign a pre contract with Jose for his next club which happens to be Bayern cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

Chai!! That agidi man dealt with us eh. Watching Man Utd games was painful and bitter

Utter waste of time grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Marcus Rashford has scored in his last four Premier League appearances for Man Utd – should he score in this match, he would be the third youngest player to score in five in a row in the Premier League, behind Nicolas Anelka in 1998 and Jose Antonio Reyes in 2004.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
MRTA7:

Obviously I'm not coaching expert, But feel rotation has to begin now especially in midfield. The number of minutes the midfield 3 have in their legs now will start getting to the fatigue and injury zone. Fred and Perreira have to come in sooner rather than later. If 3 play our main midfield 3 for the next 3 games then the Feb/March big fixtures will be problems for them in my view. We can just manage in attack and defence since they're are not far off in quality from each other but currently the middle drop off is big if we lose them to injury.

I believe something like changing 1 of the 3 per match might help preserve them. Of course this is real life and not championship manager but these run of futures will test any team in world football.

I believe Ole has recognized the mistake he made in the match in ehich he fielded McTominay, Fred, Pereira because he alluded to it earlier this week.

There won't be wholesale changes in midfield, but expect 1 change at a time. This will allow for some continuity and enable us limit the drop in quality.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
elrony:

We need beat Burnley today any which way!!! angry

Mehn We need Martial in form. He's being nonchalant recently.. Dafuq is wrong with him? Mou is gone naa. What's his excuse?

We need to beat Burnley anyhow

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
elrony:

Utter waste of time grin

God bless the day we fired him.. I was so happy eh

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
MRTA7:

I think Ole said something similar about introducing them just like u mentioned, unlike the Reading game where he made nine changes.

Nice thoughts !

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 1:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

Mehn We need Martial in form. He's being nonchalant recently.. Dafuq is wrong with him? Mou is gone naa. What's his excuse?

We need to beat Burnley anyhow

He will come good...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6313) (6314) (6315) (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) ... (14170) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.