Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,790 members, 7,855,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8850383 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6315) (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) ... (14211) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
MRTA7:

TFM and tuanzebe could easily be doing what those two are doing for less than half the cost! Smh

grin

Absolutely spot on! Honestly, I want these Lads to be given fair chances next Season. Also I will like Mitchell to deputise for Shaw as a LB next Season.

Mason and Chong should also be drafted fully into the first Team as RWFs once Season is getting over!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
Who are the World class Players out there?! The so called World Class Players presently, majority have peaked and going into retirement soon.

I will rather trust the best Legs, highly talented Lads in the Academy, than splashing Millions of Pounds on Moratas, Bakayokos!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
elrony:

That guy has ikputu onu cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

grin

SkimpleD..... No be me talk am o! But You can deliver the Message!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: First of all, most people had Saturday off but you were watching Burnley in the FA Cup. Did you learn anything from the trip to Manchester City?

OGS: “Well, I think he [Sean Dyche] was thinking more about Tuesday night and getting through to that game with no injuries, and having fresh legs before he comes to Old Trafford. I enjoyed the day out, watching a game of football, but we know it’s going to be a tough game against Burnley. We know what we’re up against – they’ve turned a corner a little bit because their results have picked up and maybe they saw an away game against City as a chance to give someone else a run in the team. I didn’t get too much information about them, I felt.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: Obviously, a game against Burnley is a different sort of challenge than away to Arsenal or away to Tottenham. How much work goes into the tactical plan for facing Burnley?

OGS: “As much as [Arsenal or Tottenham] because every game you prepare the same. I think the analysis team, Kieran [McKenna] and Michael [Carrick] are doing a fantastic job preparing for every single game. We’ve got a great team behind the team and, of course, they’ve got the job of looking at Burnley. I wanted to see them myself, just because there are always one or two things that you can spot that you can work on.“
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 4:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
He [Memphis Depay] found the target 22 times across all competitions last season and has another six to his name this term, along with 12 assists.

How come this guy flopped playing for us??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: How important are set-pieces and not giving away free-kicks around the penalty area when you play a team like Burnley? That’s where they’re strong…

OGS: “Yes, they’re very strong and they’re a very physical team. You don’t want to give them chances to put you under pressure too often. Of course, we do look at that but teams do have different strengths. I think the front two – [Ashley] Barnes and [Chris] Wood – are a handful so, of course, we’ve got to be aware because we’re probably going to be the team who has the ball the most and, on the counter attack and set-pieces, we’ve really got to be aware.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:29pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: We’ve got four top-class strikers which mirrors the situation we were in 20 years ago when it was Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke, Teddy Sheringham and yourself. Do you face the kind of dilemma that Sir Alex Ferguson had back then in trying to keep everyone happy and giving people enough minutes?

OGS: “Well, so far, there has been no problem because we’ve got so many games. As soon as it becomes just one game a week, it might be a problem but we rotate even during the games. When we can put Anthony [Martial] and 'Rashy' [Marcus Rashford] on for Alexis and Rom [Lukaku], who did a fantastic job [at Arsenal], it is only going to help us. The players have been very, very good at staying ready and being ready when they get on.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: You must have some sympathy with Sir Alex, trying to keep everyone happy as he did in those days…

OGS: “Yes, of course. There were so many times in his team talks when you could see that he didn’t enjoy leaving players out but that’s just the name of the game and you’ve got to be decisive – make decisions and stick with them. Of course, for the players who don’t start, you have to come on and make an impact as I’ve learnt quite often because it can change your life.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
SkimpleD:

Do not, I repeat do not let egbon Dayo see that grin grin

Lol issa mere pictorial observation cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: What about team spirit? We’ve seen that video doing the rounds of the warm-up at Arsenal where Marcus Rashford nutmegs Fred and everyone goes mad. It perhaps shows the spirit that’s around the place…

OGS: “When you’re winning games of football, you’re always going to have a good team spirit around the place. But that doesn’t just apply to the players, it’s the staff as well. When you come in on Monday morning, it’s well done and on to the next one. It’s just don’t dwell too much on what’s happened because the focus is on the next one. I feel the whole club is thinking ‘next game, next game’ but of course you always enjoy winning.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 4:31pm On Jan 29, 2019
Oasis007:

grin

SkimpleD..... No be me talk am o! But You can deliver the Message!

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:32pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: Over the weekend, the Under-18s came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 at Liverpool. Are some of those guys going to be knocking on your door before long?

OGS: “Yes, of course they are and that’s great – it’s what you want at a club like this. We are looking to give a few of them minutes on the pitch but then again, we’ve got so many first-team players now. We’ve got to make sure we give them the chance at the right moment because if you give it too early or in the wrong game, it might just ruin that experience for them.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:34pm On Jan 29, 2019
MUTV: The forwards get a lot of publicity but just a word on the midfield players – Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera have played pretty much every game under you. Do they complement each other as a partnership in central midfield?

OGS: “When you pick a team, you look for balance in a team. It’s not just the midfielders or forwards or the defenders, you look at the whole team. But of course, those three midfielders – Paul [Pogba], Nemanja and Ander – have done really well. But then we’ve got Fred, Andreas [Pereira] and Scott [McTominay]. Felli [Marouane Fellaini] is out injured now but we’ve got loads of players who can fit into that. At the moment, those three have done really well.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
Fred better step up tbh undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 4:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
Why don't you win Burnley first: cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
BikeMan:

undecided

Na your win?! Go play with your Mate!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
Oasis007:

undecided

Na your win?! Go play with your Mate!
don't worry now,we're watching closely tonight: grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
BikeMan:
don't worry now,we're watching closely tonight: grin

undecided

...... Your mood after the Match will be like?!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2019
BikeMan:
Wetin concern you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
Thank you China grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2019
eph12:
bad guy! SO no one can quote you when things go south abi?
He thinks he's doing me, i'll post screenshot when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
postdigger:

He thinks he's doing me, i'll post screenshot when the time comes.
And what if the time never comes? tongue tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
LoRdCaT:
And what if the time never comes? tongue tongue
Just like how funlörd thought mourinho won't be sacked grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
Lineup

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
3.1 shots per goal yet everyone else on the list except Pedro has more goals.

Martial needs to get more involved. Being an attacker pass all this shakushaku

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2019
postdigger:

Just like how funlörd thought mourinho won't be sacked grin
Mourinho was sacked multiple times before he came to United so there was no way he wouldn't be sacked. Funlord was just in over his head grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LoRdCaT(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Lana1:
3.1 shots per goal yet everyone else on the list except Pedro has more goals.

Martial needs to get more involved. Being an attacker pass all this shakushaku
Which list?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Oasis007:
Lineup
Very good. I was hoping he'd rest someone today. Glad it's Herrera. He's the most important piece of our midfield. Hope there wont be a need for him to come on. And i hope Perreira steps up today.

Not comfortable with Mata on the right but wetin man go do
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
LoRdCaT:
Which list?
Forgot to upload the pic...

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:11pm On Jan 29, 2019
Baba no even bring Martial come. Dude needs to step it up sooner rather than later

(1) (2) (3) ... (6315) (6316) (6317) (6318) (6319) (6320) (6321) ... (14211) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Afz9095(m), afrodoc2 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.