Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,833 members, 7,851,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8842471 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) (6685) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:19am On May 10, 2019
Solskjaer preferably wants United to have concluded their summer business by the time they depart for their pre-season tour of Australasia on July 8.

I like the idea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 11:37am On May 10, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:

Let's calm down..

I think it's Sanchez that's gettin the boot though
he doesn't care anymore, you can see it in him. he's made so much money and can't be bothered about fulfilling his potential. they should cash in now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 11:42am On May 10, 2019
ChristineC:
he doesn't care anymore, you can see it in him. he's made so much money and can't be bothered about fulfilling his potential. they should cash in now.

Selling him is not a problem. I am sure we will get enough from his sale then we can use that to vet a willing player

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2019
Whilst I think it's too early to criticize Ole, I also understand where those who are against his appointment are coming from...
When Ole was appointed on an interim basis, he got credits for our improved performances, the game at the Parc Des Prince easily comes to mind when Neville asked him how many years wanted, how much and where he'd like his statue built, whilst I understand it was down to the emotions that night, a lot of folks including myself jumped on the Ole bandwagon and soon after his job was made permanent, we began to falter again, this time, the blame was entirely heaped on the players and that's what a couple of guys here are not okay with, some of the blame has got to go to the coaching crew cos we stopped pressing high up the pitch, we began to run less etc. You can't tell me the coach crew didn't notice it and if they did, what was thier response? A fair share of the blame should be evenly distributed like some folks here have always maintained (afrodoc2 and Co) after all, it's one for all, all for one...
I'd look closely to see how we go about business this summer especially as it has to do with clearing the dead woods and while I agree that we can get rid of them all in one window, at least we have to get rid of 2-3 of them, failure to do so will see me and many others here begin to question Ole.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:49am On May 10, 2019
DeadPresidents:

First time I saw Daniel James was in the Swansea City vs Abu Dhabi City FA cup fixture.

I was really impressed with his tenacity and work rate. Think of speed devil Bale at his prime and that's the most apt description for Daniel James.

The guy is also Welsh like Gareth.

For 10 million pounds, I think he could be a bargain. Before everyone forgets, we are the only top 6 team without a winger.

Rashford is a converted striker.

Martial is a converted supporting striker.

Mata is an AM.

Lingard is an AM.

Sanchez is. . . .well, Sanchez is Shite grin cheesy cheesy
Championship and EPL aint mates, hope he does step up like Madison or better sef..

With his speed he can be an asset though.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 12:28pm On May 10, 2019
chidexxy007:

Championship and EPL aint mates, hope he does step up like Madison or better sef..

With his speed he can be an asset though.

While they are not mates, the similarities aid integration. Success stories in the Premier League from the lower divisions include:

Ruben Neves
Dele Alli
James Madison
Riyad Mahrez

Harry Kane has extensive lower league experience starring for Millwall and Leicester.

Making the step up from Championship to the Premier league is not as difficult as people put it after all the championship is the sixth most difficult league competition in the world rated above the Scottish and Belgian leagues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:28pm On May 10, 2019
Manchester United is delighted to announce that Mike Phelan has been appointed Assistant Manager on a three-year contract.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:29pm On May 10, 2019
"I've been looking forward to coming in every single day and so have the players. Even though sometimes you feel, after games we've lost, that we've let ourselves down, overall it's been an adventure for me so far. I've absolutely loved it."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:30pm On May 10, 2019
"We know as staff and players that next season we've got a great challenge ahead. It's going to be important that we come together from the very first day. Pre-season is going to be important."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:31pm On May 10, 2019
ChristineC:
he should get out already. he need to spend more time with his girlfriends.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Calm down jare. Martial is a very good player. I still need to understand what is going on with the players and the coaching crew.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:34pm On May 10, 2019
"I think I have been quite honest that challenging for the title next year would be a miraculous season because we are so far behind points-wise.

“Next season we have to close that gap, if we manager to get to February or March and still be close then that’s fantastic.

“If not this summer will also be about players that can last here for many years. No it’s not just about ready-made players. We’ve never been a ready-made club.

“[Cristiano] Ronaldo was never ready-made, Wayne Rooney was never ready-made. Loads of the players that come here and really developed into the top superstars that they have become.

“That’s always going to be the model – that we will develop players because I’ve got the best staff, the best environment.

“And the best supporters because they love players that excite them, that get them off their seats and we hope to get some of them in.”

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:37pm On May 10, 2019
"I think he [Phelan] is fantastic at his job, assistant manager, I'm very pleased they have finally agreed.

“When Ed Woodward rang me, that was my first port of call to get him to assist me. I was a player under him, his knowledge, his experience and his demeanour because everyone likes speaking to him, discussing football with him.

"The players really respect him, they know what he can do and he has worked with the best. For me, I'm a young manager and Mick has more experience in a few areas than I have.

"Him [being a United man] plays a big part in it. The same with Mark Dempsey and Michael Carrick - we all care about the club and it is never going to be about anything but the club.

"It is about us getting the club back to where it belongs."

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:51pm On May 10, 2019
patrickmuf:
Whilst I think it's too early to criticize Ole, I also understand where those who are against his appointment are coming from...
When Ole was appointed on an interim basis, he got credits for our improved performances, the game at the Parc Des Prince easily comes to mind when Neville asked him how many years wanted, how much and where he'd like his statue built, whilst I understand it was down to the emotions that night, a lot of folks including myself jumped on the Ole bandwagon and soon after his job was made permanent, we began to falter again, this time, the blame was entirely heaped on the players and that's what a couple of guys here are not okay with, some of the blame has got to go to the coaching crew cos we stopped pressing high up the pitch, we began to run less etc. You can't tell me the coach crew didn't notice it and if they did, what was thier response? A fair share of the blame should be evenly distributed like some folks here have always maintained (afrodoc2 and Co) after all, it's one for all, all for one...
I'd look closely to see how we go about business this summer especially as it has to do with clearing the dead woods and while I agree that we can get rid of them all in one window, at least we have to get rid of 2-3 of them, failure to do so will see me and many others here begin to question Ole.

God bless you.

Anyway I believe we should be able to get 4-5 deadwood out of the team and anyone we are getting in must be we sure are going to fit into the starting 11, we don’t need any fringe players anymore as we have them in bulk.

If they finally renew Mata contract then I don’t think we are serious yet. Whatever chance you want to give Mata, give it to Greenwood or Garner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2019
nitrogen:

Nobody is saying rubbish, except you are referring to yourself. I am not saying we should get Poch, just pointing out deficiencies in your post.
When OGS came, we saw how he wanted his team to play. Make little touches on the ball and move with speed. We saw how he wanted them to defend from high up the pitch. We saw how the team adjusted to winning back the ball quickly instead of withdrawing back like they had previously done. But no, that's not tactics according to our resident football analyst. OGS does not have tactics you guys have been shouting here since, mentioning Poch.

I just showed you how the team played without tactics, but with fight, determination, strength and belief. Instead of you to look at what I am saying critically and honestly ask yourself if this team can do what the Tottenham players did on Wednesday, you're saying another thing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2019
eph12:

When OGS came, we saw how he wanted his team to play. Make little touches on the ball and move with speed. We saw how he wanted them to defend from high up the pitch. We saw how the team adjusted to winning back the ball quickly instead of withdrawing back like they had previously done. But no, that's not tactics according to our resident football analyst. OGS does not have tactics you guys have been shouting here since, mentioning Poch.

I just showed you how the team played without tactics, but with fight, determination, strength and belief. Instead of you to look at what I am saying critically and honestly ask yourself if this team can do what the Tottenham players did on Wednesday, you're saying another thing

But they did it against PSG Na? Nawa for you o.

You need to understand that there is always a limit to what the players can do. You need the manager to make them believe they can continue to do it, you need to teach them how to do somethings, that's what a manager does. Trust me, they will know when and how to fight for a win when push comes to shove. And I don't think Ole is doing it.

That has been my message all along!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Eleniyan15: 1:22pm On May 10, 2019
I don't see Sanchez and Lukaku leaving United
This two players don't play selfish game

Rashford,Martial, Pogba their football gives me HeadAche

Martial Very Very Lazy,I hate seeing him start games always want the ball at his feet don't like making that runs

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:56pm On May 10, 2019
DeadPresidents:

While they are not mates, the similarities aid integration. Success stories in the Premier League from the lower divisions include:

Ruben Neves
Dele Alli
James Madison
Riyad Mahrez

Harry Kane has extensive lower league experience starring for Millwall and Leicester.

Making the step up from Championship to the Premier league is not as difficult as people put it after all the championship is the sixth most difficult league competition in the world rated above the Scottish and Belgian leagues.

Jamie Vardy, Kyle walker, Keirian Trippier, Tim Cahill, Wes Morgan, John Stones, James Brooks(i want us to sign this guy), etc are some of the players that rose from championship and immediately bedded in straight in premier league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:58pm On May 10, 2019
nitrogen:

But they did it against PSG Na? Nawa for you o.

You need to understand that there is always a limit to what the players can do. You need the manager to make them believe they can continue to do it, you need to teach them how to do somethings, that's what a manager does. Trust me, they will know when and how to fight for a win when push comes to shove. And I don't think Ole is doing it.

That has been my message all along!
Would the senior players have been able to grind out that win against PSG the way the fringe players did?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:15pm On May 10, 2019
larride:

God bless you.

Anyway I believe we should be able to get 4-5 deadwood out of the team and anyone we are getting in must be we sure are going to fit into the starting 11, we don’t need any fringe players anymore as we have them in bulk.

If they finally renew Mata contract then I don’t think we are serious yet. Whatever chance you want to give Mata, give it to Greenwood or Garner.

We should seriously be looking at 10 players to ship out.

OUT..

1. Valencia.
2. Young.
3. Smalling.
4. Jones.
5. Damian.
6. Matic.
7. Mata.
8. De gea( yes he has to go, his wage demand is too much.).
9. Pogba. ( as far as i am concern, pogba is a useless player.).
10. Sanchez.
11. Rojo.
12. Lukaku.
LAST CHANCE SALOON.
1. Lingard ( he is fuc..king 26.
2. Martial.
3. Bailly.

IN.

Samuel Umtiti.
Daniel James.
Brooks.
Dybala.
Ndombele.
Wan- Missaka.
Ben Chillwell.
Promote.
Chong.
Garner.
Gomez.
Greenwood.

Bring back . Pereira, Tuanzebe and Fosu- Mensah.

SQUAD.
,Pereira, Romero, Tuanzebe, Umtiti, Lindelof, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Shaw, Wan- Missaka, Dalot, Chillwell, Pereira, Fred, Mctominay, Ndombele, Dybala, Herrera, Martial, Gomez, Garner, Chong, Rashford, Brooks, Daniel James.

AND... lower our expectations, anybody who complains of salary more than 150k/week should be sold. And then continue blooding academy talents.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 2:52pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

OUT..

1. Valencia.
2. Young.
3. Smalling.
4. Jones.
5. Damian.
6. Matic.
7. Mata.
10. Sanchez.
11. Rojo.
12. Lukaku.
LAST CHANCE SALOON.
2. Martial.
3. Bailly.

IN.

Samuel Umtiti.
Daniel James.
Brooks.
Dybala.
Ndombele.
Wan- Missaka.
Ben Chillwell.
Promote.
Chong.
Garner.
Gomez.
Greenwood.

SQUAD.
,Pereira, Romero, Tuanzebe, Umtiti, Lindelof, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Shaw, Wan- Missaka, Dalot, Chillwell, Pereira, Fred, Mctominay, Ndombele, Dybala, Herrera, Martial, Gomez, Garner, Chong, Rashford, Brooks, Daniel James.

AND... lower our expectations, anybody who complains of salary more than 150k/week should be sold. And then continue blooding academy talents.
na only you Waka come??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2019
Itsmedozie:

na only you Waka come??

What i need is total clearance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 3:03pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

What i need is total clearance
it's not done that way bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:24pm On May 10, 2019
I think we should make a move for nathan ake, he'll cover three positions for us and will cost under 40mil.

nathan redmond is another one i'll like to see here, i think he'll make a fantastic RW and won't cost that much.

my choice for RB will be ricardo perreria of leicester city or muenier of paris.

Alderwereild for 25 mil alongside nathan ake, smalling and lindelof will sort our CB issues.

we should also take a punt on mitrovic if we are selling lukaku. josh king seff no go bad
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:33pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

OUT..

1. Valencia.
2. Young.
3. Smalling.
4. Jones.
5. Damian.
6. Matic.
7. Mata.
10. Sanchez.
11. Rojo.
12. Lukaku.
LAST CHANCE SALOON.
2. Martial.
3. Bailly.

IN.

Samuel Umtiti.
Daniel James.
Brooks.
Dybala.
Ndombele.
Wan- Missaka.
Ben Chillwell.
Promote.
Chong.
Garner.
Gomez.
Greenwood.

SQUAD.

Weedtaker ngbor? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:34pm On May 10, 2019
diggz:

Weedtaker ngbor? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nor be today that one craze start.

kolo even put herrera for next season squad, despite wetin ole yarn for press conference today, that just shows that the guy doesn't even follow the club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by diggz: 3:36pm On May 10, 2019
weedtaker:
Nor be today that one craze start.

Lol...adabawole cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:37pm On May 10, 2019
diggz:

Lol...adabawole cheesy cheesy
who's adabawole,? the only pogboom i know is the one that made PFA team of the year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:38pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

OUT..

1. Valencia.
2. Young.
3. Smalling.
4. Jones.
5. Damian.
6. Matic.
7. Mata.
10. Sanchez.
11. Rojo.
12. Lukaku.
LAST CHANCE SALOON.
2. Martial.
3. Bailly.

IN.

Samuel Umtiti.
Daniel James.
Brooks.
Dybala.
Ndombele.
Wan- Missaka.
Ben Chillwell.
Promote.
Chong.
Garner.
Gomez.
Greenwood.

SQUAD.

DDG is staying for me
Jones or Smalling is staying
Pogba will prolly stay
Martial can leave
Lingard can leave
Rashford can go on loan
Matic sold
Valencia - gone already
Young - Use as bonus for anyone that buy smalling or Jones
Rojo - sold
Darmain - stay
Herrera - gone
Mata - free
Sanchez - off to China
Lukaku - stay
Fred - Stay

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 3:46pm On May 10, 2019
Fred go surprise people next season.

Fred Ndidi Pogba midfield next season, God abeg cry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:18pm On May 10, 2019
cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 4:34pm On May 10, 2019
The way Chelsea fans dey use Chivita advert yabb Man utd funny sha..

Dem forget say na Yokohama tyre dey under our Chevrolet Sport cars?

Una head dey shake..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:35pm On May 10, 2019
Itsmedozie:

it's not done that way bro

Its necessary now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6679) (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) (6685) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ibunkun1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.