Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,795 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6683) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8841797 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) (6685) (6686) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:39pm On May 10, 2019
larride:

DDG is staying for me
Jones or Smalling is staying
Pogba will prolly stay
Martial can leave
Lingard can leave
Rashford can go on loan
Matic sold
Valencia - gone already
Young - Use as bonus for anyone that buy smalling or Jones
Rojo - sold
Darmain - stay
Herrera - gone
Mata - free
Sanchez - off to China
Lukaku - stay
Fred - Stay

Why in Gods name should Damian, Jones and Smalling stay. Why Why we just offload these people and free ourselves of these deadwoods.

Pogba stayyyyyyyy? If pogba stay, we are finishing 6th. De gea should be going also, getting rid of Degea, Pogba, and Sanchez will reduce our wage structure and rejigthe commitment of the players. Pogba as Jose put it is a virus, his attitude and character stinks like rotten egg. Pogba is a clear example of a juvinile deliquent child., even at 26
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 4:40pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

Its necessary now
yes it is
but they can't all be shipped out in one transfer window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:43pm On May 10, 2019
Itsmedozie:

yes it is
but they can't all be shipped out in one transfer window

Why Is it not possible? For me we need total cleansing. Totally new identity. Ship out ALL deadwoods, if not expect another useless and inspiring season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 4:44pm On May 10, 2019
LMAO

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:52pm On May 10, 2019
eph12:

When OGS came, we saw how he wanted his team to play. Make little touches on the ball and move with speed. We saw how he wanted them to defend from high up the pitch. We saw how the team adjusted to winning back the ball quickly instead of withdrawing back like they had previously done. But no, that's not tactics according to our resident football analyst. OGS does not have tactics you guys have been shouting here since, mentioning Poch.

I just showed you how the team played without tactics, but with fight, determination, strength and belief. Instead of you to look at what I am saying critically and honestly ask yourself if this team can do what the Tottenham players did on Wednesday, you're saying another thing
Chaii most of you just don't get it and it'll be a long time before you get it.
I say this again for the umpteenth time, when Ole came in his tactics hasn't come into play then. A few days after he was hired we scored like 5 or 6 goals In a single match and were pressing as hell. There was no way his tactics was the one at work then.. Mind you, Ole said this himself.
The funniest thing is you listed high pressing and winning the ball as Ole tactics. Except from those initial winning run, when have you seen that tactics in play. I said something after a match like 3 months ago, you can check my chat history. I saw the guys drawing back immediately the opponents are with the ball. From the front line to the midfielder, no one was really pressing or tackling high up in the pitch and it continued over and over again in every single match I watched since then.
I never even heard Ole complain about how the players weren't pressing like he wanted them to do or anything like that, makes me wonder why you guys believe that is truly his tatics..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:58pm On May 10, 2019
ChristoBam:

I say this again for the umpteenth time, when Ole came in his tactics hasn't come into play then. A few days after he was hired we scored like 5 or 6 goals In a single match and were pressing as hell. There was no way his tactics was the one at work then.. Mind you, Ole said this himself.
The funniest thing is you listed high pressing and winning the ball as Ole tactics. Except from those initial winning run, when have you seen that tactics in play. I said something after a match like 3 months ago, you can check my chat history. I saw the guys drawing back immediately the opponents are with the ball. From the front line to the midfielder, no one was really pressing or tackling high up in the pitch and it continued over and over again in every single match I watched since then.
I never even heard Ole complain about how the players weren't pressing like he wanted them to do or anything like that, makes me wonder why you guys believe that is truly his tatics..
No sir, you don't get it and you can never get it. It's either you haven't been listening to him talk or you don't understand the way he talks.

Maybe you are expecting him to curse his players in the press, just like how Poch was cursing his players when they lost 7 out of 10 matches, moving from title race fight to gasping for 4th position. He has the useless United and Assanal to thank, if not nobody will be disturbing our ears here

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 5:00pm On May 10, 2019
ChristoBam:

You want them to press every match with their horrible fitness levels and no preseason so that we can have 11 players in the medical room on a permanent basis?

Feck Elon Musk, you are Earth's smartest man grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 5:17pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

Why in Gods name should Damian, Jones and Smalling stay. Why Why we just offload these people and free ourselves of these deadwoods.

Pogba stayyyyyyyy? If pogba stay, we are finishing 6th. De gea should be going also, getting rid of Degea, Pogba, and Sanchez will reduce our wage structure and rejigthe commitment of the players. Pogba as Jose put it is a virus, his attitude and character stinks like rotten egg. Pogba is a clear example of a juvinile deliquent child., even at 26

You won’t get rid of Smalling and Jones in the same transfer window, heck, we might not get rid of any of them yet sef.

I will pay DDG 250k, he has paid his dues and he merit it 100%.

I have always advocated for the sale of Pogba as far back as during Mou debacle then but I’m not really sure the board will want to sell him unless he really want to bounce.

I will keep Darmain has a squad player, he rarely feature for us and he doesn’t complain. Whenever he has been called upon, he give his best. I will keep him.

Sanchez can fück off to China, I don’t care about that. Martial can join him sef even Lingard.

Every team has some players they pay way above the rest, it’s because Ed doesn’t know zilch that’s why average joes like Rashford and co can be asking for salary increment when serving us dross.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 5:36pm On May 10, 2019
larride:

You won’t get rid of Smalling and Jones in the same transfer window, heck, we might not get rid of any of them yet sef.

I will pay DDG 250k, he has paid his dues and he merit it 100%.

I have always advocated for the sale of Pogba as far back as during Mou debacle then but I’m not really sure the board will want to sell him unless he really want to bounce.

I will keep Darmain has a squad player, he rarely feature for us and he doesn’t complain. Whenever he has been called upon, he give his best. I will keep him.

Sanchez can fück off to China, I don’t care about that. Martial can join him sef even Lingard.

Every team has some players they pay way above the rest, it’s because Ed doesn’t know zilch that’s why average joes like Rashford and co can be asking for salary increment when serving us dross.

You no like DDG pass me. But i wont pay him 250k. Ederson, Allison, Oblak who are currently better than him dont collect that amount. Yes he has paid his dues, like casillas, Valdez, Cech in Chelsea etc, but these teams got rid of them. He is one of the reason we didnt make top 4. We need to move him on, he may become outstanding somewhere else and we get a shit keeper, but it doesn't matter. We need big statement moves like these to recharge the squad. The team lacks discipline and players are feeling too comfortable.

Ferguson shipped out Stam and he went on to be fantastic elsewhere, but that didnt stop him ditching Roy Keane, Beckham and Van Nistelrooy, when their ego got better of them and has the potential of ruining the dressing room. That will make others to sit up, whenever a player misbehaves, he will be reminded how big legendary players were forced out of the team, that will make him know he is not above the club. Its unfortunate but for me, DDG is a big liability now, both in terms of performance and atmosphere. Pogba is an epitome of disunity and indiscipline, i dont care about his talent.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:50pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

You no like DDG pass me. But i wont pay him 250k. Ederson, Allison, Oblak who are currently better than him dont collect that amount. Yes he has paid his dues, like casillas, Valdez, Cech in Chelsea etc, but these teams got rid of them. He is one of the reason we didnt make top 4. We need to move him on, he may become outstanding somewhere else and we get a shit keeper, but it doesn't matter. We need big statement moves like these to recharge the squad. The team lacks discipline and players are feeling too comfortable.

Ferguson shipped out Stam and he went on to be fantastic elsewhere, but that didnt stop him ditching Roy Keane, Beckham and Van Nistelrooy, when their ego got better of them and has the potential of ruining the dressing room. That will make others to sit up, whenever a player misbehaves, he will be reminded how big legendary players were forced out of the team, that will make him know he is not above the club. Its unfortunate but for me, DDG is a big liability now, both in terms of performance and atmosphere. Pogba is an epitome of disunity and indiscipline, i dont care about his talent.

Unfortunately i can’t really argue with what you have just said.
Only thing is IF they are going we must get top dollar for them. However it would be so much better if we could somehow be successful with them in the team.

In terms of the squad at large, I would offload about 10 players as well, buy 5 new players and promote/recall 5 players from youth team.

The aim should be for the 2020/2021 season and next season should be about setting the foundation for long term success.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 5:53pm On May 10, 2019
larride:

God bless you.

Anyway I believe we should be able to get 4-5 deadwood out of the team and anyone we are getting in must be we sure are going to fit into the starting 11, we don’t need any fringe players anymore as we have them in bulk.

If they finally renew Mata contract then I don’t think we are serious yet. Whatever chance you want to give Mata, give it to Greenwood or Garner.
Thanks for the prayer brotherly, I agree with everything you said...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 6:16pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

Unfortunately i can’t really argue with what you have just said.
Only thing is IF they are going we must get top dollar for them. However it would be so much better if we could somehow be successful with them in the team.

In terms of the squad at large, I would offload about 10 players as well, buy 5 new players and promote/recall 5 players from youth team.

The aim should be for the 2020/2021 season and next season should be about setting the foundation for long term success.

Thank you very much. We can write off next season and build for the future. Bring in unheralded fighters. Firminho and Mane 2 of the famous front 3 came quietly when liverpool were not in Europe at all. Salah did not join liverpool as a top draw club at that time. Ditto Son, Alderwerield, Vertonghen, Eriksson, and Hugo Lloris for Spurs. Most "big" players now have ego problem and disorganises team structure. The best are players like Umtiti and Dybala who have much to prove.

My brother, We all like these players and will want to win with them but discipline is totally lacking. Fergie would have binned these players long ago. We need to sack massively. My opinion though.

Another thing is from Pogba, Lukaku and Smalling/Jones we can get 200m. Degea should also fetch good money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:26pm On May 10, 2019
I would not be too sad to see the following go.

Young
Darmian
Jones
Valencia
Herrera
Matic
Sanchez
Mata
Bailly
Rojo

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 6:37pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

Young
Darmian
Jones
Valencia
Herrera
Matic
Sanchez
Mata
Bailly
Rojo

Unfortunately only 3 of those players will leave.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:40pm On May 10, 2019
Guys how una see this Daniel James guy? He's fast and moves the ball, but what I couldn't see in the video is how he plays with his teammates. I hope he is not the type that will want to take on defenders when there's a team mate well positioned and available for a simple pass
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:46pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

Young
Darmian
Jones
Valencia
Herrera
Matic
Sanchez
Mata
Bailly
Rojo

The problem is Ed, the glazers' and OGS?

Do they or will they have have the balls to do away with all these players? And can we really get rid of this amount of players in 1 TW?

I hope/believe OGS himself has identified who and who he needs to get rid of going by his pressers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:46pm On May 10, 2019
eph12:
Guys how una see this Daniel James guy? He's fast and moves the ball, but what I couldn't see in the video is how he plays with his teammates. I hope he is not the type that will want to take on defenders when there's a team mate well positioned and available for a simple pass

From the videos i watched he seems to lack that awareness of team mates and vision that separates the average from the good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:49pm On May 10, 2019
codedguy1:

The problem is Ed, the glazers' and OGS?

Do they or will they have have the balls to do away with all these players? And can we really get rid of this amount of players in 1 TW?

I hope/believe OGS himself has identify who and who he needs to get rid of going by his pressers.

We can get rid of those players relatively easily if the club wants. The only problem would be Sanchez and his white elephant contract.

And we would only bring in 5 players and promote 3-5 youth players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

From the videos i watched he seems to lack that awareness of team mates and vision that separates the average from the good.
Hmmm
I hope that's not the case o. His speed will stop working for him with time, but his sense to pick out teammates on the field is what can keep him relevant. Like how Giggs reinvented himself or play on the shoulder of the last defender like how Ronaldo plays most of the time now. Bale can't reinvent himself and he's now useless. Nobody wants him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

We can get rid of those players relatively easily if the club wants. The only problem would be Sanchez and his white elephant contract.

Be like say na only China fit rescue us from that Sanchez deal grin

We suppose done dey hear interest or even rumor of interest from China to have hope of him leaving because that guy go just sidon dey collect retirement pay considering his age. Him family and village people go swear for am if he decides to get a pay cut.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 6:59pm On May 10, 2019
eph12:

Hmmm
I hope that's not the case o. His speed will stop working for him with time, but his sense to pick out teammates on the field is what can keep him relevant. Like how Giggs reinvented himself or play on the shoulder of the last defender like how Ronaldo plays most of the time now. Bale can't reinvent himself and he's now useless. Nobody wants him

Bale going to Madrid stunted his growth as a footballer, though luckily he won lots of titles there.
Bale was a left winger with speed, crossing and shooting, but at Madrid he played as an invented right winger despite lacking the technique, trickery and dribbling needed for the role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kendrick93(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

which is where a coach whose worth his salt comes in... the guy is 20,he's not the finished material....he will definitely have up and downs,every young player goes through such..
it's left for your Ole to improve/coach him to reach his potential

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:05pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

Bale going to Madrid stunted his growth as a footballer, though luckily he won lots of titles there.
Bale was a left winger with speed, crossing and shooting, but at Madrid he played as an invented right winger despite lacking the technique, trickery and dribbling needed for the role.
I can't find a top club that plays with singers that can't cut in, and will prefer to run down the side and cross. Football don't happen that way anymore.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee:

How’s DDG a big liability?

DDG is not complaining anywhere, he’s doing his job as a professional that he is. Where the talk of ego or indiscipline coming from? It’s now ego or indiscipline to ask for increment in wages especially when the previous contract is running down?

Players have dip in form sometimes and you know that. DDG has never been a liability to the club, the young man has treated the club with respect and he’s not the reason why we didn’t make top 4. If your attackers had done their job effectively we won’t be where we are currently.

Ederson, Allison and Oblak are not better than DDG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:44pm On May 10, 2019
CapitalCee has raised some good points and from the look of things this season unless it's a one off, team play has proven more reliable than star players doing a job. We saw Liverpool operating as a unit destroy Barcelona who are reliant on Messi, we saw the exploits of Ajax and Spurs however, I'd be very happy if we can build a team with some of the good players we have, it is possible, look at Pogba in France...
DDG at 250k isn't that bad as he'd be on a similar wage at City, Barca, Madrid or Bayern so I don't really have a problem with that but Rashford, Lingard and pretty much the other bums can get out of the club for all I care...The one player I'd miss for his passion is Herrera, I'd love him to stay on as a squad player...
Martial and Lukaku are inconsistent but I wouldn't mind keeping them here for one more season as with Fred but Matic has to go or settle for a place on the bench.
We need to go after players who are hungry for success and the money that comes with it and not just players who are cool with a fat paycheck.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:03pm On May 10, 2019
larride:

How’s DDG a big liability?

DDG is not complaining anywhere, he’s doing his job as a professional that he is. Where the talk of ego or indiscipline coming from? It’s now ego or indiscipline to ask for increment in wages especially when the previous contract is running down?

Players have dip in form sometimes and you know that. DDG has never been a liability to the club, the young man has treated the club with respect and he’s not the reason why we didn’t make top 4. If your attackers had done their job effectively we won’t be where we are currently.

Ederson, Allison and Oblak are not better than DDG.

Come on , my dear. I am not downgrading de gea. Neither am i saying he has ego or is complaining. But we we need to sacrifice people like him for normalize the dressing room, put a cap on our wages, which will only attract hungry players who are ready to fight to us. Not mercenaries, who are after huge pay check, who after getting their fat contracts, loses motivation. With DDGs current pay, he is among the highest paid GKs in the world, if not even the highest overall, why holding the club to ransom, together with pogba and Herrera they even corrupted small Rashford. Dont you know that this is capable of destabilizing the dressing room? If he is a Man united great (which he is) i expect him to put the club first, even considering how much he even earns now.
how many times have u heard, Scholes, Giggs, G.Neville, Keane and Butt holding the club to ramsom because of wages? Iniesta? Xavi? Did DDG give more than these icons?. Please my brother tell me why a section of united supporters lost affection for Rooney, he held the club to ramsom and embarrassed the great SAF. He later forced Moyes to give him a ridiculous 5 year deal, we dont want such scenario again. If he is responsible he should settle for a slight increase or same salary considering how poor the team performed this season and how bitterly disenchanted the supporters are.
I dont like bashing big and loyal players, but All 3 goals he conceded versus Barcelona he has a hand in all, Yes including Coutinhos long range effort. The game that started our league decline vs Arsenal he contributed heavily to the loss, versus City, Against Chelsea when we are completely in control of our fate he let them back in, versus Everton he conceded ridiculous goals. This may be a sign he need to go. And like i said, if he becomes good elsewhere, good riddance.

Bastian Schweisteiger paid his due at Bayern, they shipped him out one year afyer he led Germany to world cup glory same for Lietchteiner at Juve, they didnt retain these players to watch them as monuments of history and fond memories while the team suffers.

Those 3 keepers are ordinarily below DDG. But currently not many mangers will pick DDG ahead Oblak at least not after the world cup.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:04pm On May 10, 2019
patrickmuf:
CapitalCee has raised some good points and from the look of things this season unless it's a one off, team play has proven more reliable than star players doing a job. We saw Liverpool operating as a unit destroy Barcelona who are reliant on Messi, we saw the exploits of Ajax and Spurs however, I'd be very happy if we can build a team with some of the good players we have, it is possible, look at Pogba in France...
DDG at 250k isn't that bad as he'd be on a similar wage at City, Barca, Madrid or Bayern so I don't really have a problem with that but Rashford, Lingard and pretty much the other bums can get out of the club for all I care...The one player I'd miss for his passion is Herrera, I'd love him to stay on as a squad player...
Martial and Lukaku are inconsistent but I wouldn't mind keeping them here for one more season as with Fred but Matic has to go or settle for a place on the bench.
We need to go after players who are hungry for success and the money that comes with it and not just players who are cool with a fat paycheck.

How much does DDG earn now? £200k?

Must the club agree to what he wants? If his contract is coming to an end then negotiations takes place. Let them add £15k, if him no like make e go.

But what do i know, Is it my Money! grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:06pm On May 10, 2019
codedguy1:

How much does DDG earn now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:11pm On May 10, 2019
codedguy1:

How much does DDG earn now?

200k per week. 10.4 million per annum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:13pm On May 10, 2019
patrickmuf:
CapitalCee:

200k per week. 10.4 million per annum.

Edited my post
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 8:13pm On May 10, 2019
afrodoc2:

For Sanchez unfortunately we can count our loss and terminate his contract
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:14pm On May 10, 2019
The club needs to shoot down these ridiculous wage demand. If they'll only stay because of increase in wages, they're free to leave please. How many players of their level are earning more than them in Europe? I don't care who the guy thinks he is

(1) (2) (3) ... (6680) (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) (6685) (6686) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.