Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8706220 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6766) (6767) (6768) (6769) (6770) (6771) (6772) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:47am On Jun 19, 2019
elrony:

Jesus is coming soon!
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2019
afrodoc2:

The job requires someone who a) has a good experience of the international football scouting network and the connections to go with it, and b) will be wiling to sit down and enjoy the daily grind of the job.

Nothing in Beck’s history tells me he can do the job. We need someone with a proven CV and track record, so all these Rio, Fletcher, Becks and other old boy network guys should take several seats or better yet GTFOH.

LooL. I get what you’re saying. But it seems the club is thinking about putting the affairs of the club in the hands of former players. There’s nothing wrong in this- IF those former players are capable. Ajax, Dortmund and Bayern are run by an old-boys network and they look well-run.

Becks7 has played across the continent and won’t find it hard having contacts of important personalities needed to land transfer targets. If Becks were doF Rabiot to United would be close, if not already a done deal- if Utd truly wants him.

If Beckham rings Wan-Bissaka and tells him his services are needed at United whilst painting a picture of what it is like to play for United, there’s a good chance AWB will be putting in a transfer request. All Ed can offer is material incentives, he doesn’t know what it is like to play for United and can hardly make the club appealing in that manner.

I admit putting old boys in charge isn’t always a solution though and I agree there’ll be other qualities required of a doF that Becks and other old boys lack.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2019
eph12:

The only way we get out of this mess is if we get rid of Ed angry

Better still, appoint a DoF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2019
Paul Pogba would prefer to rejoin Juventus over a move to Real Madrid should he depart Manchester United this summer, according to Sky in Italy.

The Italian champions are keen to bring Pogba back to Turin and are believed to be trying to find a way to match the Frenchman's wage demands before approaching United.

The 26-year-old wants to leave Old Trafford and said on Sunday "it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else."

Pogba is unlikely to sign an extension to his United contract, which has two years left to run, although the club have the option to activate an automatic 12-month extension and Sky Sports News understands United expect him to stay at Old Trafford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Manchester United are stepping up their interest in Norwich defender Max Aarons, who they see as an alternative to Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Sky Sports News understands.

United's interest in the England U19 international comes amid a shift in transfer policy at Old Trafford towards targeting young, homegrown players.

However, Sky in Italy report they have also been in contact with Napoli regarding a move for right-back Elseid Hysaj as an alternative to Wan-Bissaka.

The 25-year-old Albania international has already revealed his intention to leave the Serie A club this summer, saying he is ready to "play for another team and maybe try to win something".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2019
If we manage to exchange Lukaku for Inter’s Milan Skirina plus cash or Jones, I’d say “good job” Ed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CrystalTiger(m): 12:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Manchester United are stepping up their interest in Norwich defender Max Aarons, who they see as an alternative to Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Sky Sports News understands.

United's interest in the England U19 international comes amid a shift in transfer policy at Old Trafford towards targeting young, homegrown players.

However, Sky in Italy report they have also been in contact with Napoli regarding a move for right-back Elseid Hysaj as an alternative to Wan-Bissaka.

The 25-year-old Albania international has already revealed his intention to leave the Serie A club this summer, saying he is ready to "play for another team and maybe try to win something".

From Munier to AWB to Aarons to Hysaj now.. Next week we'll get another name in that list..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2019
Sky Italy is reporting that we are after Napoli's Elseid Hysaj, he can at play right back and left back. I hope we are not trying to get another Matteo Darmian from Italian league because that dude is a suspect defensively,height disadvantage from set play and he cannot cross. He his just average going forward, is this what we want?

We let in too many goals last season because our full backs were to narrow and allowed wingers on the outside to get crosses into our box. In my opinion, we need a defensively solid full back that can actual tackle and stop opponent from bombarding crosses into our box. Full back that has speed with good recovery rate to stop a counter attack in case we loose the ball in the opponent half.

As good as Liverpool going forward, they knew they needed a good goal keeper and proper defender to succeed. In as much as i want us to sign offensive players, I think we still need to work on our defensive structure. Attack Attack is the best form of defense didn't work for Liverpool 2 seasons ago until they went out and buy proper defender to compliment the attacking ghen ghen football.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 1:15pm On Jun 19, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Paul Pogba would prefer to rejoin Juventus over a move to Real Madrid should he depart Manchester United this summer, according to Sky in Italy.

The Italian champions are keen to bring Pogba back to Turin and are believed to be trying to find a way to match the Frenchman's wage demands before approaching United.

The 26-year-old wants to leave Old Trafford and said on Sunday "it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else."

Pogba is unlikely to sign an extension to his United contract, which has two years left to run, although the club have the option to activate an automatic 12-month extension and Sky Sports News understands United expect him to stay at Old Trafford.

So what will the hashtag be this time #POGBACK 2.0. Why the back and forth between Manchester united and Juventus for Paul Pogba? how is going back to Juventus again a new challenge? I wish we can sell this guy to PSG or Chinese Maga club.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 1:28pm On Jun 19, 2019
DeadPresidents:
These Assanal fans are something else. Coming to aim cheap jabs when this season could even turn out worse for them.

Feck outta here with your 45M-transfer-budget-having-arse.

Savings merchants angry grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin

Arsenal fans are still talking, when a French Ligue 2 championship player (Alexis Claude-Maurice) is rejecting their club(Arsenal) for Monchengladbach.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
CrystalTiger:

From Munier to AWB to Aarons to Hysaj now.. Next week we'll get another name in that list..

Aarons had already been mentioned as an alternative to AWB for quite some time, especially since Palace have been quoting 60m for AWB. Palace themselves already lined up Aarons as AWB's replacement.

Never saw Meunier's news on SS, only on this forum lol.

Hysaj plays both right and left, so if AWB's club won't sell for 50m... Hopefully, Napoli won't be out to scam United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2019
Leyqute:
If we manage to exchange Lukaku for Inter’s Milan Skirina plus cash or Jones, I’d say “good job” Ed.

Striker for defender?

No doubt, Skriniar is very good, but if Lukaku leaves, then a replacement is desperately needed. With Lingard's influence on Rashford, i don't trust Rashford to reach his potential.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 19, 2019
footiemaniac:

So what will the hashtag be this time #POGBACK 2.0. Why the back and forth between Manchester united and Juventus for Paul Pogba? how is going back to Juventus again a new challenge? I wish we can sell this guy to PSG or Chinese Maga club.

He probably wants to play with Cristiano and co.

Pogba will definitely not leave Europe lol

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
James Maddison wants to be left alone until after the U21 EUROs. However, he has asked his representatives to tell MUFC he would like to meet Solskjær. He wants to ask face-to-face what his role/influence/position would be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
West Ham have told both Manchester City and Manchester United that Declan Rice is not for sale, after both clubs made initial inquiries about the player, Sky Sports News understands.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2019
Axel Tuanzebe is determined to force his way into Solskjaer's squad next season amid interest from Aston Villa.

[MEN]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2019
Well one played for championship, the other for epl

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:07pm On Jun 19, 2019
I will go with Aarons Max.. Cheaper sef

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mufc are discussing a third bid of £40m-£45m + £5m in add ons for Aaron Wan-Bissaka. They are doing so with the hope they can recoup the majority of Darmian's £12.7m fee from a sale this summer. [evening standard]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2019
Felix already at Atletico Madrid according to Romano.... all these irresponsible news sites has been linking him with United o grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Striker for defender?

No doubt, Skriniar is very good, but if Lukaku leaves, then a replacement is desperately needed. With Lingard's influence on Rashford, i don't trust Rashford to reach his potential.

Skriniar is a CB, a position we need to fill. Going by OGS’s previous games, Lukaku won’t be playing many games so we won’t be needing him as much as we will need a CB.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2019
JayKayMaybachz:
I will go with Aarons Max.. Cheaper sef

Another player coming from the Championship after Daniel James? Bros, Manchester united can do better na. I am sure Aaron Wan-Bissaka is already a done deal, we should be looking at other positions especially Right wing, and a proper goal scorer if Lukaku leaves.

I am shocked that we have not be linked to a proper right winger like Pepe, I hope we are not going to be banking on Lingard, Mata or Daniel for that right wing position.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Felix already at Atletico Madrid according to Romano.... all these irresponsible news sites has been linking him with United o grin grin

Abeg anywhich how jare.

If dem like make dem sign am. Make this TW end quick jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2019
Leyqute:

Skriniar is a CB, a position we need to fill. Going by OGS’s previous games, Lukaku won’t be playing many games so we won’t be needing him as much as we will need a CB.

This is why i mentioned Lingard's influence on Rashford, the boy can't be trusted and OGS will most likely have to use Lukaku if Rashford's cluelessness starts again.

Apart from Lukaku, the next striker is Martial, and Martial's already playing on the left as a winger. If Sanchez was performing well, Martial might have been moved to a full-time striker.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
Leyqute:

I can't imagine benching Lukaku for Rashford... angry angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2019
elrony:

I can't imagine benching Lukaku for Rashford... angry angry angry
That rashford seems useless nowadays(highly selfish)... I believe with proper delivery of ball into the box(not by our deadwoods) lukaku will thrive (be deadly) and score goals... We can't rely on rashford he still needs to seat on the bench and learn.... Less than 2weeks to start pre season and we've not signed any midfielder..... How do they get accustomed and play Utd (DNA) way embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:49pm On Jun 19, 2019
grin

If Lukaku leaves, I suggest Martial gets the No. 9 Jersey back - perhaps it's gonna reset him to default and gets reborn to Martial we all loved.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2019
Oasis007:
grin

If Lukaku leaves, I suggest Martial gets the No. 9 Jersey back - perhaps it's gonna reset him to default and gets reborn to Martial we all loved.
I don't know what can reset that lazy dude to his default mode... ..That boy looks like a sadist, he should just improve on tracking back and fight for the ball or else let him seat on the bench and watch greenwood become a real star
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:35pm On Jun 19, 2019
Breaking

We can confirm Juan Mata has signed a new contract.

Juan Mata renews with mufc until 2021 + the option for an extra year.

#MUFC.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Oasis007:
Breaking

We can confirm Juan Mata has signed a new contract with

#MUFC.
second signing in this window. Nice.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:38pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mata: “It is a real honour to continue to represent this amazing club and our incredible fans. I have been at Manchester United for five years and I am proud to call Old Trafford my home."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2019
Mata: “I am looking forward to working with Ole [Gunnar Solskjær] and his fantastic coaching staff; the vision that they have for the club is truly exciting and I am so happy that I will be a part of that.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (6766) (6767) (6768) (6769) (6770) (6771) (6772) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: segzysexy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.