Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,810 members, 7,813,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6900) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8693737 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 10:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
purpleprincess:
They need therapy grin

I thought only arsenal fans needed therapy

can't blame them, several years ago, top three teams in England United, Arsenal, Chelsea but today top three teams City, Liverpool and Tottenham. it's not an easy pill to take down.

former giants now fighting to finish fourth.

meanwhile, Arsenal is the most likely out of the three to finish 4th, then Chelsea then United

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:18pm On Aug 10, 2019
Liverpool looked good yesterday, City looked even better today, Spurs will improve with Son back to the squad as well as Lo Celso. 8f Spurs had gotten Dybala then I would have had them on par with Liverpool and City but for now, they stand an outside chance of going all the way especially if they keep Erikson (He might be a yard slower but he still has that eye for the pass).

Let us hope that we win and play well tomorrow, it'd be a confidence booster going forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2019

Fenibeso has declared your position this season cool

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2019
purpleprincess:
I can't really say though. grin I have always watched with my dad because he is a die hard manu fan and his second team is barca. But I personally prefer barca though.

Don't blame these guys even though they are going overboard with their negative vibes.

Ask your dad well well he would tell you how we always think about winning the league right from the beginning of the season and would be 90% confident about it happening regardless of the players we have during SAF's reign.

What we have suffered since he left is like being in a torture chamber in Guantanamo prison. We the fans have been physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually taunted and tortured by the board, coaches, players, sponsors and rivals. So when you see negativity laidis just forgive. grin

Even those of us that are shouting full support for ole and the players are hoping that people show up on the field on match day and deliver grin My sister it is not an easy something.

We all support the club we can't decamp to other useless clubs like shekpe and Assanal grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:28pm On Aug 10, 2019
My money on AM9.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
BARAJ92:
With our experience for the past three to four years, you expect the team to buy any player that did not fit into the style of the coach.
Am not against foreign players, but only those that will improve the team should be bought in.

You're telling me with months of Ole taking the job, he didn't see players to fit his philosophy. This is a bad excuse.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Botfuss: 11:18pm On Aug 10, 2019
embarassed we must win tomorrow o,I’ve bet 10k. Please pray for me o...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2019
6900 Shekpites are going down tomorrow angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 11:34pm On Aug 10, 2019
Confirmed Manchester United squad vs Chelsea: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Jones, Tuanzebe, Smalling, Young, Shaw, Pogba, Pereira, Lingard, Fred, Matic, Mc Tominay, Mata, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Daniel James, Martial, Rashford. [men] #MUFC

Modified
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:36pm On Aug 10, 2019
purpleprincess:
Don't cry na cry
Why I no go cry? cry Na your cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:37pm On Aug 10, 2019
Botfuss:
grin grin Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2019
Botfuss:

No shaking cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2019
Oasis007:
undecided

Na wa oh! Really don't understand some United Fans this Season. TW is closed, new Season begins, yet they are still forecasting Failure for OGS in the name of being Realists...... To the extent Chelsea is blindly underrated as a beatable, small Club like Norwich or/and Aaton Villa (newly promoted Clubs).

I know if United beat Chelsea tomorrow it won't change anything in them, but if vise versa happens, damn! We should be ready to read Epistles from Page to pages.

We ain't getting paid for Supporting any football Club(s), we need to calm down to be honest and take the Game for what it is - Entertainment.

United win, draw or lose - it has no negative Effect on Players' wages, perhaps mood..... For few hours.

You don't watch football like you watch movies. The banters make it more interesting. So one complaining about Ole and another person defending Ole doesn't change it from being an entertainment to them.

Talking about buying of players, this thing na simple thing na. Look at the top managers and you'll notice one thing about them is the ability to select and get players that will perform excellently for their teams. Being a great manager is not all about tactics. You have a philosophy and you know players that fit them.

One problem that's been troubling United in years is buying the wrong players. Mourinho was never the right fit for United and some of players he bought were not players he'd have bought if he was at Chelsea. Like who would believe Mourinho would buy a player like mkhitaryan. He decided he'd play attacking football initially so he didn't really make signings that fit his philosophy.

According to you guys, Ole had a philosophy. And he wants United to play that philosophy. After scouting Europe for months, you want to tell me he didn't see a lot of players that can play that style. What's so special about the style sef?

Have you guys quickly forgotten all the ( 'these players are not good enough' , 'they are horrible ', ' Rashford should be loaned to asokoto FC', ' Martial is lazy as fvck. Suddenly they are all good enough and can give us an okay season all because a rookie said so. Ole don know warriz goin on men.

I sincerely hope at the end of the season, I'm trolled and abused for not trusting in Ole and these young players. It'll mean, everyone has surpassed expectations and we're finally on the right part. But I know that won't happen. I can see the writing on the wall. Anyways make I free d matter and endure the new season.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 11:43pm On Aug 10, 2019
ChristoBam:

You don't watch football like you watch movies. The banters make it more interesting. So one complaining about Ole and another person defending Ole doesn't change it from being an entertainment to them.

Talking about buying of players, this thing na simple thing na. Look at the top managers and you'll notice one thing about them is the ability to select and get players that will perform excellently for their teams. Being a great manager is not all about tactics. You have a philosophy and you know players that fit them.

One problem that's been troubling United in years is buying the wrong players. Mourinho was never the right fit for United and some of players he bought were not players he'd have bought if he was at Chelsea. Like who would believe Mourinho would buy a player like mkhitaryan. He decided he'd play attacking football initially so he didn't really make signings that fit his philosophy.

According to you guys, Ole had a philosophy. And he wants United to play that philosophy. After scouting Europe for months, you want to tell me he didn't see a lot of players that can play that style. What's so special about the style sef?

Have you guys quickly forgotten all the ( 'these players are not good enough' , 'they are horrible ', ' Rashford should be loaned to asokoto FC', ' Martial is lazy as fvck. Suddenly they are all good enough and can give us an okay season all because a rookie said so. Ole don know warriz goin on men.

Reminds me of the popular saying in my village "FOLLOW PERSON WEY SABI ROAD" grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iPopAlomo(m): 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lana1 any idea when the transfer season closes...?

Asking for my friends club..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 11:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
@ Christobam enough with your talks, stop dragging it. Its getting boring. Let's see as the season unfolds thanks.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2019
iamharkinwaley:
Confirmed Manchester United squad vs Chelsea: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Jones, Tuanzebe, Smalling, Young, Shaw, Pogba, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Martial, Rashford. [men] #MUFC

The two James are not with the squad, my observation.
No McTonimay? At least Garner should have been in the squad.
Only the first game and our midfield deficiency is clearly obvious. Jones might play as 4 if this squad news is correct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2019
patrickmuf:
No McTonimay? At least Garner should have been in the squad.
Only the first game and our midfield deficiency is clearly obvious. Jones might play as 4 if this squad news is correct.

Not legit bros, I'll modify
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:58pm On Aug 10, 2019
iamharkinwaley:
Confirmed Manchester United squad vs Chelsea: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, Lindelof, Maguire, Jones, Tuanzebe, Smalling, Young, Shaw, Pogba, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Martial, Rashford. [men] #MUFC

The two James are not with the squad, my observation.

No Matic. No McTom. No Fred.
Who plays DM?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2019
iamharkinwaley:

Not legit bros, I'll modify
Better be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 12:25am On Aug 11, 2019
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:17am On Aug 11, 2019
grin

D - Day!

Blues gonna be slaughtered like Eid's Rams Today!

Pogba (6) and Martial (9) will make the difference - to avoid the Game ends in Draw (0 - 0).

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:41am On Aug 11, 2019
iamharkinwaley:
@ Christobam enough with your talks, stop dragging it. Its getting boring. Let's see as the season unfolds thanks.

Lol, like I said before, that's the last of my rants. E Don tire me sef, but wetin man go do.
I'm eagerly anticipating our match tomorrow. A big win tomorrow will be an ego booster for the guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 2:42am On Aug 11, 2019
afrodoc2:

No Matic. No McTom. No Fred. Who plays DM?
Mctom is in the squad. Not sure of Fred though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 3:50am On Aug 11, 2019
codedguy1:

Don't blame these guys even though they are going overboard with their negative vibes.

Ask your dad well well he would tell you how we always think about winning the league right from the beginning of the season and would be 90% confident about it happening regardless of the players we have during SAF's reign.

What we have suffered since he left is like being in a torture chamber in Guantanamo prison. We the fans have been physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually taunted and tortured by the board, coaches, players, sponsors and rivals. So when you see negativity laidis just forgive. grin

Even those of us that are shouting full support for ole and the players are hoping that people show up on the field on match day and deliver grin My sister it is not an easy something.

We all support the club we can't decamp to other useless clubs like shekpe and Assanal grin grin
Trust me i understand what you people are going through, i don't have to ask my dad. My dad used to brag and *raise shoulder* among his friends and it hurts him that he cant really do that anymore these days. I remember the Champions league final against chelsea, dad bet a huge amount with two of his chelsea friends. Mum thought it was stupid but he was just so confident. Now he is avoiding betting on his team grin

But i do believe this is the best time to get behind the team and feed them with positivity. Sometimes i go through united's and some united players instagram account and the negativity is so choking. I go to those pages when i am sad or bored because the insults are so funny in a sadistic way and they make me laugh til my voice cracks. Lingard uploads a picture and one supposed manu fan says *STAY AWAY FROM RASHFORD YOU FAILURE* another says *YOU SHOULD LEAVE FOOTBALL AND BE AN INSTAGRAM MODEL* When wan bissaka was signed, fans went to lingard's page to comment *STAY AWAY FROM BISSAKA, DON'T RUIN HIM LIKE YOU* and other really demeaning stuffs. Lingard is not the only one that recieves this negativity though i am sure you know that. But this guy actually gives his all. It is not his fault he is quite limited, if the coaches refuse to sell him and keep playing him, then obviously there is someting good about him. If rival fans skin your players and fans skin your players, how are the players supposed to perform? where is the zeal to push supposed to come from? You guys are always talking about the right mentality but your own fans are the ones destroying the players mentality and confidence. I understand these are hard times for your team but you guys need to take it easy. wink

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 4:09am On Aug 11, 2019
BlueAngel444:

I thought only arsenal fans needed therapy

can't blame them, several years ago, top three teams in England United, Arsenal, Chelsea but today top three teams City, Liverpool and Tottenham. it's not an easy pill to take down.

former giants now fighting to finish fourth.

meanwhile, Arsenal is the most likely out of the three to finish 4th, then Chelsea then United

The world revolves, nothing lasts forever. This too shall pass. smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:30am On Aug 11, 2019
“I'm delighted that we got Harry in. He's going to be great for this club. He was my number one target, and of course it took some time, but it does sometimes take time.

”I, more or less, made my mind up when we played Leicester last season that if it's possible to get him we should try, because he's so composed on the ball and he gives the team another dimension.”

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:31am On Aug 11, 2019
“He's already come in and shown the presence that he will be and what impact he'll have in the squad,” said the boss.

“He's a leader, an established international, a goal threat, a very, very good defender.”

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:32am On Aug 11, 2019
“It is important to have a foundation to build from and to play from, and the spine of the team is always key. If we can get a settled back four with David in behind them, I'm sure we'll create enough chances to score goals.

”They're not just defenders these boys. They've all got attacking attributes, as well as being good defenders.“

- Ole Gunner Solksjaer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:35am On Aug 11, 2019
OGS on Greenwood “It's one of the big decisions you have to make when you've got such a talented player coming through. Are we going to get players in who are going to block his path or trust him and give him an opportunity?

”He is one we believe is going to be a big part of this squad going forwards and we'll see a lot of him.“
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 4:50am On Aug 11, 2019
Mou did not trust Martial, he nearly ruined the Lad's Career by signing Ibra and handed him the No. 9 Jersey.

Martial was still a Kid then, thus psychologically he felt beaten and down. It was apparent in his lackadaisical performances for the Team.

Rashford progress was also hindered, and later nailed by being shunted to the wing because of Lukaku's Signing. I hope both Martial and Rashford rediscover their Mettle. Much more happy OGS is taking big Risk by having Confidence in Greenwood, and the rest Lads.

If Mou got Perisic, who knows, perhaps both Martial and Rashford would have ended up like Januzaj. OGS trusts them, he believes in them. He gave back the No. 9 Jersey to Martial. To some it means nothing coz it's just a Number, but to the Players..... It means a lot.

Ronaldo can't wear any other Number aside from 7. Gallas left Chelsea unceremoniously because of a Jersey's Number. Valencia felt the No. 7 is too heavy for him psychologically, thus had to revert to his No. 25. Shaw had the chance to keep No. 3 Jersey, but he returns to No. 23 and lots more.

I expect to see a new Martial this Season. Also believe Rashford will come to Party this Season.

Eid Mubarak and happy Sunday!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 5:35am On Aug 11, 2019
Post Fergie Signings for United;

David Moyes; Total outlay: £64.6m

1 - Marouane Fellaini ×
2 - Juan Mata ✓

Only 1 remains, yet not worth starting for the Team anymore.

Louis Van Gaal; Total outlay: £248m

1 - Daley Blind ×
2 - Matteo Darmian ✓
3 - Memphis Depay ×
4 - Angel Di Maria ×
5 - Radamel Falcao (loan) ×
6 - Ander Herrera ×
7 - Anthony Martial
8 - Marcos Rojo ✓
9 - Sergio Romero ✓
10 - Morgan Schneiderlin ×
11 - Bastian Schweinsteiger ×
12 - Luke Shaw
13 - Victor Valdez ×

Only 5 remain out of 13 - only 2 worth starting.

Jose Mourinho; Total outlay: £369.5 million

1 - Eric Bailly ✓
2 - Zlatan Ibrahimovic ×
3 - Henrikh Mkhitaryan ×
4 - Paul Pogba
5 - Romelu Lukaku ×
6 - Alexis Sanchez (astronomical wage) ✓
7 - Diego Dalot ✓
8 - Victor Lindelof
9 - Nemanja Matic ✓
10 - Lee Grant ✓
11 - Fred ✓

8 still remain out of 11 but only 2 worth starting for the Team presently.

Looking at the above Lists, how many are Hit and Miss?!

Ole Gunner Solksjaer; Total outlay: £140m

1 - Aaron Wan-Bisska
2 - Daniel James
3 - Harry Maquire

Out of the 3, 2 definitely worth starting for the Team.

................................................................................

Yet we are blaming Glazers?!

Academy Graduates with positive Impact (s)

1 - Adnan Januzaj (David Moyes)
2 - Marcus Rashford (LVG)
3 - McTominay (Mourinho)

OGS is however planning to give full chance to the following Graduates;

1 - Andreas Perreira***
2 - Axel Tuanzebe***
3 - Chong*
4 - Gomez*
5 - Greenwood**
6 - Garner?
Let's see how it's gonna pan out, hopefully positively.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.