Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,714 members, 7,831,252 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8776366 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
Where Kagawa??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lana1:
Where Kagawa??
Lol, has Longstaff played yet? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
Man city ,Liverpool n spurs started on a strong note.let c ole will do tommoro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
Man city ,Liverpool n spurs started on a strong note.let c how ole will do tommoro.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lana1:
Where Kagawa??

Any info on Van de beek in the #6 role?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
pharod:

Maybe it's just me because I don't really like playing Dalot as a wing back but I'd play AWB as the wing back and play Tuanzebe as the 3rd CB. That way, we'd be very strong defensively and attack wise, I don't really believe all those things that they are saying that AWB can't attack. I'd give him the chance to prove them wrong..

I'd give James Garner some minutes in this set up too. The boy is too composed to a fault. And has a knack for cracking, long range goals...
let's see how it works out. they will all get fair opportunities I hope.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2019
adisaaowala:

British media wey no get joy - na statements like that them dey take nail managers when they fail

I just dey take one eye dey look OGS

The actually love him because of his interest in British players.

If Ole had his way, he'd have signed 4 players. Wan bissaka, Maguire, Sancho and Longstaff. All English players. And some people think it's okay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adisaaowala: 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2019
pharod:

Maybe it's just me because I don't really like playing Dalot as a wing back but I'd play AWB as the wing back and play Tuanzebe as the 3rd CB. That way, we'd be very strong defensively and attack wise, I don't really believe all those things that they are saying that AWB can't attack. I'd give him the chance to prove them wrong..

I'd give James Garner some minutes in this set up too. The boy is too composed to a fault. And has a knack for cracking, long range goals...

Some of these names wey una dey mention...

Hmmn

Nawa o lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
Unlimited22:

Lol, has Longstaff played yet? grin
I no sabi about any Longrod o grin

Did Kagawa also recommend him in his scout report? Cant remember.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
engrelvis:
Man city ,Liverpool n spurs started on a strong note.let c how ole will do tommoro.
Ole is playing against another top side tomorrow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2019
adisaaowala:

Any info on Van de beek in the #6 role?

De Ligt, De Jong have all moved. But Van de Beak is still wooing any potential suitor to come pick him. Nobody dey even look that side
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
ChristoBam:

So we shouldn't buy players good foreign players because they might become unsettled or flop? Do you see our squad and the different holes in the squad? Are there no players we could have signed that would have filled those holes.

The problem United has had all these while is bringing in the wrong players. So the plan of the club should have been hire a good manager that can bring in the right players. Simple!! We are just whining ourselves by hailing the new strategy of building from home grown talents and buying young 'hungry' English players. We are just making the gap between us and the other teams wider.

Just look at what Ole said about the transfers. He said that not getting new players in was not because of there was no money. He said he didn't find the right players. Like for real? In the whole of Europe, you couldn't find the right players? The transfer window lasted for months not 3 days so I don't even understand that.

Any good manager with a well structured team should find it easy against United this season. Just mark out Pogba, that's all.

Note- I expect Man Utd to beat Chelsea tomorrow though. That's for people trying to quote me tomorrow after Chelsea's match.

That reply from BARA was for me I couldn't really understand what he was tryna say so i jump am pass.

But your reply about getting the right players is also something I can't understand.

How does one know a player is the right player or wrong one. The likes of depay, Veron, di maria, forlan, Sanchez, zaha, that Colombian striker, etc will you classify them as the right or wrong as at the time they brought them.

No be after the players have come that we can assess and know who was right or wrong. Daniel, AWB and Maguire are here. It is only after this season we would be able to assess if they fit or not.

Let's not make it look like we already know who would be a success or not. The input/strategy/selection of the coaches is another thing we should assess.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Unlimited22: 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2019
Lana1:
De Ligt, De Jong have all moved. But Van de Beak is still wooing any potential suitor to come pick him. Nobody dey even look that side
You wicked ooo

But van de Beek is a quality midfielder. I think Madrid are in talks sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2019
engrelvis:

Oga we are playing against Chelsea, a team that finished ahead of us last season,not newly promoted Norwich or Aston Villa at Old Trafford.

Whatever the outcome tomorrow, both clubs season will not be judged on that result, it is a Marathon. We are not going to win the league tomorrow even if we trash Chelsea or get beaten. I know many Anti- Ole can't wait tomorrow to open the book of Lamentation if we loose. It's going to be a long season of ups and downs, so be ready for the ride.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2019
undecided

Na wa oh! Really don't understand some United Fans this Season. TW is closed, new Season begins, yet they are still forecasting Failure for OGS in the name of being Realists...... To the extent Chelsea is blindly underrated as a beatable, small Club like Norwich or/and Aaton Villa (newly promoted Clubs).

I know if United beat Chelsea tomorrow it won't change anything in them, but if vise versa happens, damn! We should be ready to read Epistles from Page to pages.

We ain't getting paid for Supporting any football Club(s), we need to calm down to be honest and take the Game for what it is - Entertainment.

United win, draw or lose - it has no negative Effect on Players' wages, perhaps mood..... For few hours.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2019
ChristoBam:

So we shouldn't buy players good foreign players because they might become unsettled or flop? Do you see our squad and the different holes in the squad? Are there no players we could have signed that would have filled those holes.

The problem United has had all these while is bringing in the wrong players. So the plan of the club should have been hire a good manager that can bring in the right players. Simple!! We are just whining ourselves by hailing the new strategy of building from home grown talents and buying young 'hungry' English players. We are just making the gap between us and the other teams wider.

Just look at what Ole said about the transfers. He said that not getting new players in was not because of there was no money. He said he didn't find the right players. Like for real? In the whole of Europe, you couldn't find the right players? The transfer window lasted for months not 3 days so I don't even understand that.

Any good manager with a well structured team should find it easy against United this season. Just mark out Pogba, that's all.

Note- I expect Man Utd to beat Chelsea tomorrow though. That's for people trying to quote me tomorrow after Chelsea's match.
With our experience for the past three to four years, you expect the team to buy any player that did not fit into the style of the coach.
Am not against foreign players, but only those that will improve the team should be bought in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2019
codedguy1:

That reply from BARA was for me I couldn't really understand what he tdyna say so jump am pass.

But your reply about getting the right players is also something I can't understand.

How does one know a player is the right player or wrong one. The likes of depay, Veron, di maria, forlan, Sanchez, zaha, that Colombian striker, etc will you classify them as the right or wrong as at the time they brought them.

No be after the players have come that we can assess and know who was right or wrong. Daniel, AWB and Maguire are here. It is only after this season we would be able to assess if they fit or not.

Let's not make it look like we already know who would be a success or not. The input/strategy/selection of the coaches is another thing we should assess.
Totally agree with this, once he failed with his English experiment than any criticism about buying only home grown player will be justified.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2019
Oasis007:
undecided

Na wa oh! Really don't understand some United Fans this Season. TW is closed, new Season begins, yet they are still forecasting Failure for OGS in the name of being Realists...... To the extent Chelsea is blindly underrated as a beatable, small Club like Norwich or/and Aaton Villa (newly promoted Clubs).

I know if United beat Chelsea tomorrow it won't change anything in them, but if vise versa happens, damn! We should be ready to read Epistles from Page to pages.

We ain't getting paid for Supporting any football Club(s), we need to calm down to be honest and take the Game for what it is - Entertainment.

United win, draw or lose - it has no negative Effect on Players' wages, perhaps mood..... For few hours.

At the bolded!

By Nov/Dec are we allowed to bring out knives to crucify them after assessing the level of coaching/play by both coach and Players grin

By that time blood go don dey hot if things are not exactly palatable grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2019
No one is going to call for Ole's head, if he looses against the big boyz, of course, expectations against top teams should be minimal. However, I reasonably believe that we should be getting 3-points against Norwich, Westham, Cardiff, Newscastle, Crystal Palace and the likes, not that we will now be struggling against them.

At this point, and with the squad we have today, we should be getting all 3-points in games against mid table and small clubs, and only be coming up with tactics that will get us minimum of 1 point each from games against Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham and maybe Chelsea.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by engrelvis(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
footiemaniac:

Oga we are playing against Chelsea, a team that finished ahead of us last season,not newly promoted Norwich or Aston Villa at Old Trafford.

Whatever the outcome tomorrow, both clubs season will not be judged on that result, it is a Marathon. We are not going to win the league tomorrow even if we trash Chelsea or get beaten. I know many Anti- Ole can't wait tomorrow to open the book of Lamentation if we loose. It's going to be a long season of ups and downs, so be ready for the ride.
am nt anti - ole but just a realistic person.beside am nt talking from DAT angle. I wud v really luv we started with a "softer" team .with or with out ole man utd is my team n I really pray n hope we win tommoro .DAT will send a message
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2019
Damn!! Since I started having any interest in football, i have never seen fans who are so against their own team's coach like this. I have never seen fans who have zero faith in their teams coach like this. I have never seen fans so negative about their team like this. Let's be sincere, even the ones that are saying *i am not against ole bla bla bla* are only saying that so in case ole succeeds they can say *i told you i was never against ole* and *i knew ole could do it, I was against ed woodward not ole* I hope ole doesn't read fans opinion on social media because the negativity from manu fans is too much nowadays, such negative vibes is enough to cause the man to lose faith in himself. Damn!

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SkimpleD: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2019
Who be this one na? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2019
purpleprincess:
Damn!! Since I started having any interest in football, i have never seen fans who are so against their own team's coach like this. I have never seen fans who have zero faith in their teams coach like this. I have never seen fans so negative about their team like this. Let's be sincere, even the ones that are saying *i am not against ole bla bla bla* are only saying that so in case ole succeeds they can say *i told you i was never against ole* and *i knew ole could do it, I was against ed woodward not ole* I hope ole doesn't read fans opinion on social media because the negativity from manu fans is too much nowadays, such negative vibes is enough to cause the man to lose faith in himself. Damn!
cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2019
LooL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:44pm On Aug 10, 2019
purpleprincess:

When did you start having interest in football? grin

Make we know first before we analyse wetin you talk. grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BlueAngel444: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2019
Even with all the games united won in preseason, the amount of money spent to improve the squad. the fact that they are facing no hazard this weakened while Chelsea. no positivity!

Wetin they worry una, eh.. if u guys are already fighting and running ur team down how should other teams troll you successfully.

ur attitudes are supposed to be positive, so that when we come, we can spoil it. heck, maybe u all need moral support so that tomorrow when u lose at least u have some hope that can be crushed at least.

signed, a very concerned troll

#from 6th to 9th, ok maybe just 7th cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2019
codedguy1:

N
When did you start having interest in football? grin

Make we know first before we analyse wetin you talk. grin grin
I can't really say though. grin I have always watched with my dad because he is a die hard manu fan and his second team is barca. But I personally prefer barca though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2019
People are singing praises of Raheem sterling now but they forgot how Brendan Rodgers coached him,trusted him, gave him his senior Liverpool debut at age 17. Why can't we trust Ole gunnar solskjaer to do same to our fledglings(Greenwood, Gomes,Garner ,Chong, Tuanzebe), I am ready to be patient with the process.

Seeing the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joe Gomez starting at the heart of Liverpool defense ready to bleed blood. Zinchenko for Manchester City today and Kyle Walker-Peters for Spurs makes me have faith in youth. Rashford was not even in the reckoning of first team football until injuries forced Louis Van Gaal hand, now he his a senior England international going to World cups.

Experience mixed with enthusiastic youth might be the way to go for us now, it worked for Ajax. Our young players must seize this opportunity now that we have some how created a space for them to get into the first team. If you are good enough you're old enough. I don't know why i have a feeling that Greenwood will step up and surprise a few, his spatial awareness is very good for a striker.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2019
KingTom:

cry cry cry
Don't cry na cry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2019
BlueAngel444:
Even with all the games united won in preseason, the amount of money spent to improve the squad. the fact that they are facing no hazard this weakened while Chelsea. no positivity!

Wetin they worry una, eh.. if u guys are already fighting and running ur team down how should other teams troll you successfully.

ur attitudes are supposed to be positive, so that when we come, we can spoil it. heck, maybe u all need moral support so that tomorrow when u lose at least u have some hope that can be crushed at least.

signed, a very concerned troll

#from 6th to 9th, ok maybe just 7th cheesy
They need therapy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2019
Too much story.......

AM9

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 10:01pm On Aug 10, 2019
Calma Calma cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.