Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8694344 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2019
if Bruno doesn't move from sporting before the end of the international transfer window
I have a feeling he will move to united during the summer or winter transfer window
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 8:50am On Aug 11, 2019
Jesus see epistles

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 8:55am On Aug 11, 2019
purpleprincess:
Trust me i understand what you people are going through, i don't have to ask my dad. My dad used to brag and *raise shoulder* among his friends and it hurts him that he cant really do that anymore these days. I remember the Champions league final against chelsea, dad bet a huge amount with two of his chelsea friends. Mum thought it was stupid but he was just so confident. Now he is avoiding betting on his team grin

But i do believe this is the best time to get behind the team and feed them with positivity. Sometimes i go through united's and some united players instagram account and the negativity is so choking. I go to those pages when i am sad or bored because the insults are so funny in a sadistic way and they make me laugh til my voice cracks. Lingard uploads a picture and one supposed manu fan says *STAY AWAY FROM RASHFORD YOU FAILURE* another says *YOU SHOULD LEAVE FOOTBALL AND BE AN INSTAGRAM MODEL* When wan bissaka was signed, fans went to lingard's page to comment *STAY AWAY FROM BISSAKA, DON'T RUIN HIM LIKE YOU* and other really demeaning stuffs. Lingard is not the only one that recieves this negativity though i am sure you know that. But this guy actually gives his all. It is not his fault he is quite limited, if the coaches refuse to sell him and keep playing him, then obviously there is someting good about him. If rival fans skin your players and fans skin your players, how are the players supposed to perform? where is the zeal to push supposed to come from? You guys are always talking about the right mentality but your own fans are the ones destroying the players mentality and confidence. I understand these are hard times for your team but you guys need to take it easy. wink

Have you seen a mother/father beating a disappointing child? Sometimes it will seem as if they are going to kill the child. But when an outsider touches the child, that same parent will most likely rain hell on the outsider. That's the case with us and Lingard. He's disappointing. He posts rubbish on Instagram and fans resort to abuse in order to get him to concentrate. The same fans also call him Messi Lingard. Lingod. I'm sure you must have seen the Hazard comparisons (ask shekpites) or Assnal about turning their stadium into a dance floor..
Martial has been underperforming but you don't see anyone abusing him online or offline even because he keeps to himself and the talent is obviously there. But Lingard will run to Instagram in the wake of a disappointing game to shout beans beans beans. angry
I hope he turns up this season sha.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2019
purpleprincess:
Damn!! Since I started having any interest in football, i have never seen fans who are so against their own team's coach like this. I have never seen fans who have zero faith in their teams coach like this. I have never seen fans so negative about their team like this. Let's be sincere, even the ones that are saying *i am not against ole bla bla bla* are only saying that so in case ole succeeds they can say *i told you i was never against ole* and *i knew ole could do it, I was against ed woodward not ole* I hope ole doesn't read fans opinion on social media because the negativity from manu fans is too much nowadays, such negative vibes is enough to cause the man to lose faith in himself. Damn!
no be Barca fan you be again?

How are you guys treating your guy, even with the titles he won for you guys.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 11, 2019
Itsmedozie:
if Bruno doesn't move from sporting before the end of the international transfer window
I have a feeling he will move to united during the summer or winter transfer window

Possible

But if Fred and Perriera steps up, that's unlikely.

I still hope the club gets him though
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:02am On Aug 11, 2019
Rashford: "You learn different things under different managers. The time under Van Gaal, it was perfect for me at that time to have a manager like that, he was patient with me and gave me time to learn the game. It wasn't too much information thrown at me.”

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2019
Rashford: "Then under Jose I feel like we all understood the game a bit better, especially defensively. And now under Ole we're trying to combine the two, and at the same time he knows the club for what the club is so he can spread his own messages too.”

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2019
Rashford: “There was never much solidity, and I think it's tough to play under those circumstances. But the structure seems to be in place so we can concentrate on ourselves and push forward."

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:04am On Aug 11, 2019
Rashford: ”Personally I think last season was up and down for me, and for the team as well. We had a good spell in the middle, and the beginning and end were not the best. It's about a consistency, and it's the same for me as an individual.”

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:05am On Aug 11, 2019
Rashford: "I think positionally my role will be the same, a bit here and a bit there, left, centre, right, and for me that's the ideal way. Obviously with the characteristics of the other forwards, it suits and we compliment each other.”

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iPopAlomo(m): 10:40am On Aug 11, 2019
purpleprincess:
Trust me i understand what you people are going through, i don't have to ask my dad. My dad used to brag and *raise shoulder* among his friends and it hurts him that he cant really do that anymore these days. I remember the Champions league final against chelsea, dad bet a huge amount with two of his chelsea friends. Mum thought it was stupid but he was just so confident. Now he is avoiding betting on his team grin

But i do believe this is the best time to get behind the team and feed them with positivity. Sometimes i go through united's and some united players instagram account and the negativity is so choking. I go to those pages when i am sad or bored because the insults are so funny in a sadistic way and they make me laugh til my voice cracks. Lingard uploads a picture and one supposed manu fan says *STAY AWAY FROM RASHFORD YOU FAILURE* another says *YOU SHOULD LEAVE FOOTBALL AND BE AN INSTAGRAM MODEL* When wan bissaka was signed, fans went to lingard's page to comment *STAY AWAY FROM BISSAKA, DON'T RUIN HIM LIKE YOU* and other really demeaning stuffs. Lingard is not the only one that recieves this negativity though i am sure you know that. But this guy actually gives his all. It is not his fault he is quite limited, if the coaches refuse to sell him and keep playing him, then obviously there is someting good about him. If rival fans skin your players and fans skin your players, how are the players supposed to perform? where is the zeal to push supposed to come from? You guys are always talking about the right mentality but your own fans are the ones destroying the players mentality and confidence. I understand these are hard times for your team but you guys need to take it easy. wink

Pay me $200k a week and you can comment whatever on my Instagram page...

And the footballers know... If you don't want the abuse... Deactivate the page...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 10:48am On Aug 11, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Possible

But if Fred and Perriera steps up, that's unlikely.

I still hope the club gets him though

I feel the club is banking on Fred and perriera stepping up, that is why they dragged foot on getting a midfielder
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dathypebruv(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2019
When is our first fixture starting abeg
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by paafin(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2019
Dathypebruv:
When is our first fixture starting abeg
4:30 pm
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 11, 2019
timay:

I feel the club is banking on Fred and perriera stepping up, that is why they dragged foot on getting a midfielder

Not really, negotiations were tough... Otherwise Dybala would have been here already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:32am On Aug 11, 2019
Hit or Miss?!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 11, 2019
Oasis007:
Hit or Miss?!

Against Chelsea? i don't think so

Better to bring them on as subs.

Lingard in the middle and James on the right.

Rashford, Martial and James will end up roaming and switching positions throughout the match anyway
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:49am On Aug 11, 2019
Oasis007:
Hit or Miss?!

Lingard for Greenwood and We good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2019
purpleprincess:

Lingard is getting paid to play and not to misbehave on SM. we as fans are to be entertained. Imagine losing a game and someone how's on SM to start doing rubbish. Its annoying.

Like I said even though people can be mean to these players, those ones are in the minority and its even out of the love they have for the club that they dish out those nasty expletives. Na love grin

More fans are still behind the team and would be. Even here there are more fans that are willing to get behind the team than those who are sceptical. We can only pray the players turn up and be consistent throughout the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Against Chelsea? i don't think so

Better to bring them on as subs.

Lingard in the middle and James on the right.

Rashford, Martial and James will end up roaming and switching positions throughout the match anyway
Chelsea will likely be more conservative so I don't really think James will do much damage to them and he isn't clinical.
Lingard or Greenwood should man that RW.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
Oasis007:
Hit or Miss?!
Hit...This is the team I will like to see take to the field of play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
odizeey:
no be Barca fan you be again?

How are you guys treating your guy, even with the titles he won for you guys.
I don't feed my players with negativity. That's actually one of the reasons I avoid the Barcelona thread.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
pharod:

Have you seen a mother/father beating a disappointing child? Sometimes it will seem as if they are going to kill the child. But when an outsider touches the child, that same parent will most likely rain hell on the outsider. That's the case with us and Lingard. He's disappointing. He posts rubbish on Instagram and fans resort to abuse in order to get him to concentrate. The same fans also call him Messi Lingard. Lingod. I'm sure you must have seen the Hazard comparisons (ask shekpites) or Assnal about turning their stadium into a dance floor..
Martial has been underperforming but you don't see anyone abusing him online or offline even because he keeps to himself and the talent is obviously there. But Lingard will run to Instagram in the wake of a disappointing game to shout beans beans beans. angry
I hope he turns up this season sha.
aWho told you martial doesn't get negativity? He gets so much negativity that he blocked comments on his Instagram posts
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 12:27pm On Aug 11, 2019
iPopAlomo:

Pay me $200k a week and you can comment whatever on my Instagram page...

And the footballers know... If you don't want the abuse... Deactivate the page...
Well martial blocked comments on his instagram posts though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
patrickmuf:
Chelsea will likely be more conservative so I don't really think James will do much damage to them and he isn't clinical.
Lingard or Greenwood should man that RW.

Greenwood is just 17, can't let that agbero Rudiger to injure him abeg, and Gomes is too small.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Greenwood is just 17, can't let that agbero Rudiger to injure him abeg, and Gomes is too small.
Gomes might likely not grow bigger. I don't think Sterling is that big neither is David Silva but they run rings round 6ft tall CBs week in, week out.
Until we try them out, we will never know.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
patrickmuf:
Gomes might likely not grow bigger. I don't think Sterling is that big neither is David Silva but they run rings round 6ft tall CBs week in, week out.
Until we try them out, we will never know.

Alright then.. Let's see how things pan out.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
Ikpeba dey speak me mind.
God bless this dada.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
This Arsenal team eh, dem complete o, shuuuuu!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2019
nitrogen:
This Arsenal team eh, dem complete o, shuuuuu!
This same Arsenal shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by obainojazz(m): 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2019
This Newcastle right winger is exciting cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2019
obainojazz:
This same Arsenal shocked

Well, maybe they are not playing well, but on paper, the team looks very okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) (6903) (6904) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.