Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,457 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6911) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8776927 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6908) (6909) (6910) (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) ... (14175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
Mourinho: “Lindelof can be a very good player, and with Maguire they could make a very good couple.”

- Sky Sports

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2019
ucsquare:
Guys make una cool down ooo, its just Chelsea grin grin grin

Nah, those shekpites would have held one week celebration on this thread if United lost.

The lamentations from United's own fans would have been crazy if United lost.

There's no calming down here abeg, just that majority of United fans here don't have the strength to go a week trolling or celebrating.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2019
Bibidear:
please who knows the Twitter and Instagram page of David james

@Daniel_James_97

Na Daniel o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2019
Mourinho on Maguire: "You can be very dangerous in attack but if you feel that a mistake is around the corner it takes your confidence away and you don't play as well. When you feel there is something that allows you to play you are much more confident.”

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
Maguire: "I was reiterating on the pitch that we need to concentrate now, even after four and four. We wanted a clean sheet. We knew coming into the season that there was only two clean sheets here last year."

- Sky Sports

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
Rashford: "It was a good start. The first half could've been a bit sharper - the fitness got us through it a bit."

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bibidear(f): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
Chrisus:

@Daniel_James_97
Na Daniel o
thanks very much
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2019
cool

....... On the Wheel!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
KingTom:

A few negatives after today's game but an overall impressive performance from some unexpected persons. cool

Yeah a few, especially the midfield. But we should definitely work on this. I'm definitely happy we now have a solid rock defense. Rashford and Martial made a lot of mistakes but if given chances in the box, they can be really dangerous.

WAN BISSAKA AND MAGUIRE ARE BEASTS ABEG
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:07pm On Aug 11, 2019
Perreira should be given another shot again, and if he fails to grab it, TW outside EPL still opens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 7:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
Ole: “Second half was outstanding, we defended well in our shape and counter attacked. We got half-time out the way, relaxed a few nerves and played well in the second half. The fitter you are the more you can do, the boys are working hard.”

- Sky Sports
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2019
Leyqute:
Where’s Christobam and other anti-man U fans? angry

[img]https://media1./images/2f802f3a4e1404cf544c26f3ca389827/tenor.gif?itemid=7244061[/img]

Lol so I'm a Man Utd hater now. Make I no lie United bust my brain today. But that midfield is a sad story mehhn. We need to really work on it.

And I don't really see the pressing football today. We majorly utilized counter attacks today and I'll admit it worked well today.

But overall I'm happy we beat Chelsea by that exact scoreline. I was almost moved to tears the day we were trashed 4-0 at Stamford Bridge 3 years ago.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2019
nitrogen:

See ehn, my favourite in the team is Pogba. Trust me, I like Pogba than anyone else does in here. Even if I curse other players, not Pogba, but I will tell you if he is playing well or not.

Pogba is my number 1 at Man Utd. Forget today's performance, when Pogba is on form, no midfielder in England (maybe De Bruyne). I had this conversation with my colleague exactly two weeks ago.

The Pogba that seemed awful initially had 2 great assists. He's so important to the team.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LostMyZeal(m): 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
any which way... it is an eye for an eye

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 7:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
nitrogen:

They said he is the next Carrick Na. Player wey no get technique
Mind quoting the post that made this claim?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
ChristoBam:

Lol so I'm a Man Utd hater now. Make I no lie United bust my brain today. But that midfield is a sad story mehhn. We need to really work on it.

And I don't really see the pressing football today. We majorly utilized counter attacks today and I'll admit it worked well today.

But overall I'm happy we beat Chelsea by that exact scoreline. I was almost moved to tears the day we were trashed 4-0 at Stamford Bridge 3 years ago.

If only you believed. And didn’t moan. wink

We also had Mason Greenwood and Gomes on the bench in case something goes wrong.

We didn’t play particularly well, especially in the first half, but we created chances and scored them. And that’s what matters.

Believe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 7:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
thorrvik55:

It's time for some more wailings and lamentations on this thread. Scummies be ready tongue tongue tongue

#KTBFFH

Old Trafford is going down today...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 7:46pm On Aug 11, 2019
codedguy1:

Oga calm down. Let's just enjoy this victory for now. Its the first game of the season.

We were quite disjointed in the midfield today against this Chelshit team. I don't care of they are average or not, it is chrlshig and we trashed them. grin

As per that we have improved, let's judge that after a number of games. Improved on paper is different from improved on the field especially after just one game.

We move!

Oga, I am calm! I have not in anyway exaggerated our win today. I also said we didn't play particularly well today in the middle of the park and there is always room for improvement. I thought winning ugly was also a hallmark of a Champion and doing it against your rival is a statement of intent. If it was Mancity or Liverpool that had the same score line irrespective of their performance against chelsea today many fans here would have handed the league over to them already.

The defense has actually improved on the field of play not on paper, so hopefully the other depts will get up to speed real soon.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
Mehn, Maguire saved Shaw’s blushes a good number of times today.

Even Lindelof sef no wan carry last. Nice to win 4-0.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
Mourinho on Maguire: “He was solid like a rock. It’s very important fora team to have that personality, that sense of reading the game, being alert, confidence to play. He was fantastic.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
Nice outcome, First half was poor but second half was better. The defence is our strength, Maguire and Bisaka were a joy to watch. The club should have bought a midfielder to add options to the midfield ,lets hope that doesnt come to bite us later. Good Job to the lads.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2019
ChristoBam:

The Pogba that seemed awful initially had 2 great assists. He's so important to the team.

Very important player. I don't see a better player to do what is required (quick transition from defence to attack) other than Pogba.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by wizkitvick(m): 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
nitrogen:

Very important player. I don't see a better player to do what is required (quick transition from defence to attack) other than Pogba.
Yeah..very good at that!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2019
chidexxy007:

Mind quoting the post that made this claim?

Oga, understand my post. Many in here have been saying we would be fine with Mctom in the midfield.

Fact is, you can't discount Matic's experience and Fred's mobility. McTom is not anywhere close to these two players. He is very calm, I agree, but he needs some time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Nah, those shekpites would have held one week celebration on this thread if United lost.

The lamentations from United's own fans would have been crazy if United lost.

There's no calming down here abeg, just that majority of United fans here don't have the strength to go a week trolling or celebrating.
I really miss when I could do this but now responsibilities don plenty.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
RASHFORD FORMS ON SALE
BTW I AM IN LOVE WITH WAN-BISSAKA
THAT GUY IS A BEAUTY
MAGUIRE MY BEAST angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
nitrogen:

Oga, understand my post. Many in here have been saying we would be fine with Mctom in the midfield.

Fact is, you can't discount Matic's experience and Fred's mobility. McTom is not anywhere close to these two players. He is very calm, I agree, but he needs some time.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2019
eph12:

I really miss when I could do this but now responsibilities don plenty.

I hardly celebrate for long sef... highest ever gone was the comeback against PSG, which was late into the night.....

But sheesi fans are ready to go one whole week disturbing everywhere grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by footiemaniac: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2019
A lot of positive to take out of today's game, I am glad our strikers(Martial & Rashford) were on the score sheet today and seeing that big grin on Martial's face after he scored. This is going to build their confidence in front of goal.

The likes of Sterling, Jesus,Aguero, Kane , Salah, Aubameyang etc all scored over the weekend so the pressure was on our strikers to score today considering the fact that we didn't replace Lukaku. To score 4 goals from 5 shot on target is the kind of clinical stuffs that we need from our strikers.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2019
Oasis007:
Perreira should be given another shot again, and if he fails to grab it, TW outside EPL still opens.
it will be very unwise to sell any other players.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
I noticed Andreas Pereira wasted all our corners by playing loop balls looking for Harry Maguire. I don't think that makes sense and it something OGS should address for subsequent games.

Get in the corners with pace like he knows how to and let the players attack it. Anyone can get on the end of a cross and it also takes away too much attention during dead balls on Harry Maguire.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2019
Oasis007:
cool

....... On the Wheel!
him don take the wheel again. Ok ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6908) (6909) (6910) (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) ... (14175) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Henrique99, AdisaOwala and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.