Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,334 members, 7,853,505 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6913) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8846271 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6910) (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) (6915) (6916) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
When are we going to talk about Luke Shaw?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2019
It's as if Maguire has been playing with the team for months. He just slotted in comfortably. I saw him couple of times coordinating the defence. I'm pleased mhen.

Wan Bis. made his own statement too today. He could have done much more but Lingard ain't playing well up front him. He's just drifting off the wing but I can't ask for more.

I think if we can sort out that midfield, we should be good to go. It'll be between Perreira, Fred and Matic. McTominay and Pogboom have solidified the middle for themselves already.

McTominay just need to add one or two things to his style of play. I was like them go kill this guy oh. He's just jumping into any tackles.

I hope we can carry on from here. This is like writing a statement to your enemies that the battle has just begun, they should get prepared. GGMU.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
Chrisus:
When are we going to talk about Luke Shaw?

Well, i expected better from Luke, same with other fans here. Maguire covered his dents.

I hope OGS reiterates on it during their meeting or whatever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:41pm On Aug 11, 2019
Oasis007:
Perreira should be given another shot again, and if he fails to grab it, TW outside EPL still opens.

We can’t buy any players o. You want to lose 3 senior midfielders from last season with no senior replacements?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2019
chidexxy007:

Mind quoting the post that made this claim?

Lol I just read that post with a smile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2019
nitrogen:

Oga, understand my post. Many in here have been saying we would be fine with Mctom in the midfield.

Fact is, you can't discount Matic's experience and Fred's mobility. McTom is not anywhere close to these two players. He is very calm, I agree, but he needs some time.

So many things wrong with your statements.
First your ridiculous statement that “THEY” claimed McTom was next Carrick.
When called out on your BS you then quickly shifted goal post to insinuate that Matic and Fred have in some way shown that they are better than him preesently.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:49pm On Aug 11, 2019
eph12:

grin grin grin

Imagine saying McTom is not anywhere close to Fred.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
ChristineC:
it will be very unwise to sell any other players.

Exactly. Especially in midfield where we are already lacking in options.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2019
Ole has to find a way to improve our midfield play.
We need to be able to play better possession football because this kind of pressing/counterattack style will lead to fatigue by March-April.

Maguire and AWB were impressive today, but our best players are still DDG and Pogba.
It’s unfortunate that Pogba struggles to have even 90 mins of consistently good play for us. The guy has just 30 mins of good play and decides matches. Imagine if he could be that way for a whole game and 4,5,6 games on the trot.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2019
afrodoc2:

So many things wrong with your statements.
First your ridiculous statement that “THEY” claimed McTom was next Carrick.
When called out on your BS you then quickly shifted goal post to insinuate that Matic and Fred have in some way shown that they are better than him preesently.

See ehn, do you agree with me that our midfield was shyte today? If you do, then EOD.

McTom is nowhere near these guys. He didn't do anything special, until we scored the second goal (after the pressure was off) before he started showing some level of seriousness. I'd rather have Matic and to some extent, Fred play with Pogba than McTom. I don't fuvking like Fred, but it is what it is, Fred is a better player.

And yes, I made reference to Carrick, because he was the best option in the position before he retired.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Well, i expected better from Luke, same with other fans here. Maguire covered his dents.

Maguire really covered his faults today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2019
nitrogen:

See ehn, do you agree with me that our midfield was shyte today? If you do, then EOD.

McTom is nowhere near these guys. He didn't do anything special, until we scored the second goal (after the pressure was off) before he started showing some level of seriousness. I'd rather have Matic and to some extent, Fred play with Pogba than McTom. I don't fuvking like Fred, but it is what it is, Fred is a better player.

And yes, I made reference to Carrick, because he was the best option in the position before he retired.

This makes no sense. You said people here called him the next Carrick, when told to name them you started dancing.

Makes less sense when we consider that our midfield was also shyte with Matic and Fred.

Who cares whether Maradona was the best option. You essentially just falsified information to suit your narrative.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Chrisus(m): 11:33pm On Aug 11, 2019
Nobody here has ever called McTominay the next Carrick undecided In fact, we all just started cutting him some slack recently.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Kimbeast: 12:00am On Aug 12, 2019
Couldn't even beat us 6-0 cheesy cheesy Manchester is blue after all. grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:23am On Aug 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

Ole has to find a way to improve our midfield play.
We need to be able to play better possession football because this kind of pressing/counterattack style will lead to fatigue by March-April.

Maguire and AWB were impressive today, but our best players are still DDG and Pogba.
It’s unfortunate that Pogba struggles to have even 90 mins of consistently good play for us. The guy has just 30 mins of good play and decides matches. Imagine if he could be that way for a whole game and 4,5,6 games on the trot.
sometimes I wish there was a way to implant Mata's brain in Lingard's skull on matchdays only.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 12:29am On Aug 12, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Luke Shaw has to do better because Harry Maguire moved further wide to cover him, which meant Lindelof and Bissaka pull in more to bridge. the direct implication was Bissaka being unable to get closer anytime the ball is quickly squared to Emerson. he had about 3 shots on target because of this and that's not something that should be allowed to continue in subsequent games.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:34am On Aug 12, 2019
ChristineC:
sometimes I wish there was a way to implant Mata's brain in Lingard's skull on matchdays only.

Sometime later this season (possibly in Europa league) Ole will try Gomes in that role.

He has to anyway, otherwise we risk losing him on a free at the end of the season.

The BIG problem is his small size. Ole seemed reluctant to use him in central areas even in preseason, preferring to use him on the wings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dathypebruv(m): 12:44am On Aug 12, 2019
Kimbeast:
Couldn't even beat us 6-0 cheesy cheesy Manchester is blue after all. grin grin
If you don't geedifok outta here
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:50am On Aug 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

Imagine saying McTom is not anywhere close to Fred.
I didn't know where to start from. I was confused. Probably because he wasn't bought 50m
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 4:15am On Aug 12, 2019
nitrogen:

Pogba was also shit about from his two assists.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 8:04am On Aug 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

This makes no sense. You said people here called him the next Carrick, when told to name them you started dancing.

Makes less sense when we consider that our midfield was also shyte with Matic and Fred.

Who cares whether Maradona was the best option. You essentially just falsified information to suit your narrative.

Imagine Matic and Fred in that midfield yesterday... With Pogba taking so long to get into the game, he and Fred will be competing for who will lose possession the highest. I even shudder to think about Matic. His own game has regressed to the point that if he loses possession, it leads to a goal. Chelsea would definitely have ran away with the game in the first half. They definitely would have embarrassed us at OT.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:56am On Aug 12, 2019
pharod:

Imagine Matic and Fred in that midfield yesterday... With Pogba taking so long to get into the game, he and Fred will be competing for who will lose possession the highest. I even shudder to think about Matic. His own game has regressed to the point that if he loses possession, it leads to a goal. Chelsea would definitely have ran away with the game in the first half. They definitely would have embarrassed us at OT.

I swear!! Fred and Matic in that midfield with the nonsense Pogba played especially in the first half.

We deaded grin

Haa You, You thinks its Matic's losing of possession that leads to goal? Me i think its Fred's. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bisoye11(m): 8:57am On Aug 12, 2019
Yesterday match is a clue on how our season will be and the lapses we need to fill,we lack creativity in the middle the likes of lingard and perriera need to step up, not replacing herriera, is a big mistake by Ole, lingard and perriera need to step up play.

We played a weak team up front in Chelsea, reason why we won the match, it will be difficult with a team like man City or Liverpool, we can't be playing defensive football and expect a better season, a lot of work needs to be done in that midfield

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 8:59am On Aug 12, 2019
pharod:

Not definately man.....matic could have brought stability we needed yesterday....they couldnt hold the ball in that midfield thats what really made us to only counter ...i think the only downside of matic is he is getting so slow ....but he is still the best holding midfielder we have.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:08am On Aug 12, 2019
bisoye11:
Yesterday match is a clue on how our season will be and the lapses we need to fill,we lack creativity in the middle the likes of lingard and perriera need to step up, not replacing herriera, is a big mistake by Ole, lingard and perriera need to step up play.

We played a weak team up front in Chelsea, reason why we won the match, it will be difficult with a team like man City or Liverpool, we can't be playing defensive football and expect a better season, a lot of work needs to be done in that midfield

Okay! Chelsea is a weak team and the other teams in league are Man City and Liverpool. Abi?

If we beat the bottom half teams home and away that’s 60 points. 20 points from the remaining 18 games is not impossible and that will be enough for top 4 at least.

Calma calma abeg.

We didn’t play well but won 4-0. What would’ve happened if we played well? There are stuff that needs to be fixed, agreed, but let’s move on positively from this.

Wolves beckon. We have to win that match. We need a better performance.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:12am On Aug 12, 2019
LMDyaya:

Not definately man.....matic could have brought stability we needed yesterday....they couldnt hold the ball in that midfield thats what really made us to only counter ...i think the only downside of matic is he is getting so slow ....but he is still the best holding midfielder we have.

Matic would be dispossessed easily in that midfield if he had played. He’s slow and can’t match the speed and agility of Chelsea’s youngies. It would’ve been a disaster.

The only solution, maybe, would’ve been using 3 midfielders to help bring the ball out from the back. And That third midfielder isn’t Matic.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Leyqute:

Matic would be dispossessed easily in that midfield if he had played. He’s slow and can’t match the speed and agility of Chelsea’s youngies. It would’ve been a disaster.

The only solution, maybe, would’ve been using 3 midfielders to help bring the ball out from the back. And That third midfielder isn’t Matic.

I don’t know about you but I think we need to push Pogba upfront (Perreira role and pair McTom with Fred).

Matic is done n dusted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2019
Ihebu4chelsea:
is it not too early to start saying rubbish 1 out of 38 beating us 4:0 isn't a guarantee that you will be crowned champions come May... Someone said something about Maguire.. hahahaha against Tammy Abraham and Mason mount... you guys are funny...... Quote this post.. when you play man city and co.... As if Chelsea never beat una 4:0 before.... Enjoy while it lasts
see this Oworitaku.
We no dey say we won win epl. Nobody talk am anywhere. ABI your screen break?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bisoye11(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2019
Leyqute:

Okay! Chelsea is a weak team and the other teams in league are Man City and Liverpool. Abi?

If we beat the bottom half teams home and away that’s 60 points. 20 points from the remaining 18 games is not impossible and that will be enough for top 4 at least.

Calma calma abeg.

We didn’t play well but won 4-0. What would’ve happened if we played well? There are stuff that needs to be fixed, agreed, but let’s move on positively from this.

Wolves beckon. We have to win that match. We need a better performance.

Yes, Chelsea is a weak team without hazard and the inability to buy new players, this season would be a bit difficult for them.

We had major problem beating average bottom team last season, I hope learn from last seasons disappointment and be able to capitalize more on smaller teams, no unnecessary draw and we would be fine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 9:26am On Aug 12, 2019
Leyqute:

Yes ..thats why i said he is getting slow ....and thats his weakness.But he can bring the ball out from the back..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2019
larride:

I don’t know about you but I think we need to push Pogba upfront (Perreira role and pair McTom with Fred).

Matic is done n dusted.

First of all, Fred is not ready. He’s weeks behind others - McTom, Pereira and Pogba in term of fitness and playing in the system. Maybe a sub in the match after Wolves (Away) and we’ll see how things go from there.

I’d like Pogba behind the striker too but he just isn’t quick enough to play there. The vision is there and his technique is fantastic but opposition teams won’t give him the extra second he requires to dribble, make that killer pass or to shoot.

If we’re up against a bus-parking team then he shouldn’t have any problem playing in a more advanced position of a midfield trio.

So, a no from me. Stay put in midfield and have the freedom to make runs into the box.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2019
Well, looks like Optimistic FC really turned up yesterday. grin grin
Thank God that Rashford and Martial were clinical yesterday. This is why i will always hammer it in that our forwards need to be more decisive in front of goal. Say because other strikers in other teams miss chances is no justification that our own should be missing chances anyhow too. Cant be taking 5 chances to score one especially in a team that creates very little chances.

Anyhow, OGS needs to find a way to fix up and improve that midfield in anyway possible coz we wont survive if we go into every game against a decent team like we did yesterday.

Wolves is another difficult must win game. Hoping for another win.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6910) (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) (6915) (6916) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: brainiacadeboi(m), Santos07 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.