Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:25 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (6914) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8867666 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) (6915) (6916) (6917) ... (14216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:39am On Aug 12, 2019
Leyqute:

First of all, Fred is not ready. He’s weeks behind others - McTom, Pereira and Pogba in term of fitness and playing in the system. Maybe a sub in the match after Wolves (Away) and we’ll see how things go from there.

I’d like Pogba behind the striker too but he just isn’t quick enough to play there. The vision is there and his technique is fantastic but opposition teams won’t give him the extra second he requires to dribble, make that killer pass or to shoot.

If we’re up against a bus-parking team then he shouldn’t have any problem playing in a more advanced position of a midfield trio.

So, a no from me. Stay put in midfield and have the freedom to make runs into the box.

Maybe OGS can start Gomes there then or even Lingard and use Dan James at RW.

I just don’t want to see Perreira at that position again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:42am On Aug 12, 2019
larride:

I don’t know about you but I think we need to push Pogba upfront (Perreira role and pair McTom with Fred).

Matic is done n dusted.

Against big teams yes we can play Pogba in AM and pair McTom with another CM (who that player should be I am not sure).
However against small teams we can play Pogba deep with McTom and play an extra attacking player (Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Gomes, or Sanchez) in that AM role.

P.S I am not sold on that Fred guy. Still appears too lightweight for me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2019

To all you scummies that think yesterday's victory is going to make this season a good one for you guys, y'all should know that "he who laughs last laughs best"

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2019
LMDyaya:

Yes ..thats why i said he is getting slow ....and thats his weakness.But he can bring the ball out from the back..

Your ability in “bringing the ball out of the back” is useless if you get disposed and can’t cover ground.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2019
bisoye11:

Yes, Chelsea is a weak team without hazard and the inability to buy new players, this season would be a bit difficult for them.

We had major problem beating average bottom team last season, I hope learn from last seasons disappointment and be able to capitalize more on smaller teams, no unnecessary draw and we would be fine.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

Against big teams yes we can play Pogba in AM and pair McTom with another CM (who that player should be I am not sure).
However against small teams we can play Pogba deep with McTom and play an extra attacking player (Lingard, Mata, Pereira, Gomes, or Sanchez) in that AM role.

P.S I am not sold on that Fred guy. Still appears too lightweight for me.

If not that Fred has refused to settle down, he should be starting alongside McTom since Ed and Matt judge have refused to be fortunate.

They had better buy a new CM in the Jan if Fred doesn’t sit up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2019
thorrvik55:

To all you scummies that think yesterday's victory is going to make this season a good one for you guys, y'all should know that "he who laughs last laughs best"

"hE wHo LaUGhs LaSt..."

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2019
larride:

Maybe OGS can start Gomes there then or even Lingard and use Dan James at RW.

I just don’t want to see Perreira at that position again.

LoL. I don’t mind Pereira TBH.

I agree he’s not the finished product but I see the possibility that he’ll come good.

He’s got a good work ethic and he’s seems to be the best crosser of the ball in the team at the moment. His assist yesterday lends some evidence to this.

There’s a reason he takes the corner kicks when he’s on the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:52am On Aug 12, 2019
larride:

If not that Fred has refused to settle down, he should be starting alongside McTom since Ed and Matt judge have refused to be fortunate.

They had better buy a new CM in the Jan if Fred doesn’t sit up.

One thing i noticed last season was the tendency to play Fred at RCM to accommodate Pogba.
Ole can try a double pivot of McTom at RCM and Fred at LCM with Pogba advanced to see if that will work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2019
cry

Just thinking, Big Rom would've buried that second goal too that Rashford scored. Straight in the Stretford End.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:55am On Aug 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

One thing i noticed last season was the tendency to play Fred at RCM to accommodate Pogba.
Ole can try a double pivot of McTom at RCM and Fred at LCM with Pogba advanced to see if that will work.

He will have to try, he has no choice. Ed made sure of that. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:56am On Aug 12, 2019
Daniel James was on the pitch for 16 minutes, he scored 1 goal, had 11 touches, won 2 fouls, all while maintaining an 83% pass accuracy, not bad start to your United career!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:01am On Aug 12, 2019
bisoye11:
Yesterday match is a clue on how our season will be and the lapses we need to fill,we lack creativity in the middle the likes of lingard and perriera need to step up, not replacing herriera, is a big mistake by Ole, lingard and perriera need to step up play.

We played a weak team up front in Chelsea, reason why we won the match, it will be difficult with a team like man City or Liverpool, we can't be playing defensive football and expect a better season, a lot of work needs to be done in that midfield
We shouldn't even be talking about beating City and Pool. Let's just concern ourselves with doing well against the rest of the league. We are rebuilding

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2019
larride:

I don’t know about you but I think we need to push Pogba upfront (Perreira role and pair McTom with Fred).

Matic is done n dusted.
I said this here the other day. Pogba will be delightful creating chances and trying to win the ball upfront. But in our own half, there should be two midfielders behind him. Tom tried to be everywhere yesterday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2019
Pogba on Maguire: "As I call him - 'the Beast'. Honestly, as you saw, he was really impressive. He is a leader. He fits right in with us in training. We talked about controlling the defence well and he has a good understanding with Victor.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2019
Solskjær: "We know it’s just the start, we know we have relationships to work on. The more we understand each other the more we will improve."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:13am On Aug 12, 2019
Solskjær: "The boy [Daniel James] is exactly what you want from a professional. He's got skills and his pace but he's worked so hard. He's had a summer of ups and downs as we know, but to score on debut at the Stretford End was a very good moment for him."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:14am On Aug 12, 2019
Solskjær: "I think they [Maguire and Wan-Bissaka] slotted in really well. Harry has only had three or four sessions with the team but he's so experienced. Aaron is so aggressive and doesn't want to get beat. He's a proper Manchester United defender."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2019
Solskjær: "His [Rashford] body is capable of playing more this year. The whole squad is fitter, stronger. Second half you saw we are more than capable of lasting games."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:15am On Aug 12, 2019
Solskjær: "Marcus Rashford is developing really well. You see his stature now, his body, he's growing. He struggled with his ankle last year."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2019
Solskjær: "You'd take a win, it's about points first game. But the performance second half was really pleasing. Coming in 1-0 at half-time we were a bit lucky."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2019
eph12:

I said this here the other day. Pogba will be delightful creating chances and trying to win the ball upfront. But in our own half, there should be two midfielders behind him. Tom tried to be everywhere yesterday

Yes, yesterday made it very obvious we need a new CM. Shaw also need to get his acts together. Just imagine it was Jones or Smalling covering for him yesterday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2019
Solskjær: "We're not anywhere near the finished article. We've got loads of improved to be made, the first half was an example of that."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2019
Solksjaer: "4-0 you cant dream of more or expect more but then again we are working on improving as a team and finding a style that suits us a team. We still need time but it is coming.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 10:18am On Aug 12, 2019
Leyqute:
Where’s Christobam and other anti-man U fans? angry

[img]https://media1./images/2f802f3a4e1404cf544c26f3ca389827/tenor.gif?itemid=7244061[/img]
Abeg no start.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Solksjaer: “I can see they (Maguire & AWB) are not phased by the price-tags. Football’s gone crazy but that’s just the market., They have cool heads on their shoulders. Harry has played with many of these players before. When you’re a good player you fit in straight away.”

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:19am On Aug 12, 2019
Solksjaer: “There are a lot of disappointed players who wanted to be part of this start. But they wanted to be here and they’re happy to be part of a winning start. Winning is a habit. We are lucky to go in 1-0 up but in second half our nerves settled, our confidence grew."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:20am On Aug 12, 2019
Solksjaer: “Marcus played that left hand side striker role to perfection today. His second goal was absolutely outstanding.”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2019
afrodoc2:

Fred just has to step up, he's the midfielder the club needs right now....

Sanchez too for the SS position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 12, 2019
Ravioli:
Daniel James was on the pitch for 16 minutes, he scored 1 goal, had 11 touches, won 2 fouls, all while maintaining an 83% pass accuracy, not bad start to your United career!

That guy has a blistering pace... perfect supersub to deal with defenders when they're gassed out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 12, 2019
Oasis007:
Solksjaer: “There are a lot of disappointed players who wanted to be part of this start. But they wanted to be here and they’re happy to be part of a winning start. Winning is a habit. We are lucky to go in 1-0 up but in second half our nerves settled, our confidence grew."

Disappointed?

Sounds like Smalling...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:52am On Aug 12, 2019
larride:

Yes, yesterday made it very obvious we need a new CM. Shaw also need to get his acts together. Just imagine it was Jones or Smalling covering for him yesterday?
I just pray Maguire and AWB don't get injured this season

(1) (2) (3) ... (6911) (6912) (6913) (6914) (6915) (6916) (6917) ... (14216) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: odizeey(m), Princefame1 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.