Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8692828 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7000) (7001) (7002) (7003) (7004) (7005) (7006) ... (14145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
Koulibaly just scored a last minute own goal against Juve.

De light kept switching off in thesame match.

Lesson learnt: A defender is as good as the hardwork of players in front of him. Even VVD will concede goals in this Man utd set up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
Revelations so far.

1. Ole is punching above is weight. He isnt as technically sound as we think. He isnt as pragmatic as mourhino . He has a lot to learn.

2. 70% of our players are average but a top manager can get them to top 4.

3. The board and ED betrayed this team by not making necessary signings in midfield and attack.

May we lose all our endorsement and revenues so that the owners can wake up. Except we find our mojo pretty soon ,things will be bleak this season. There is a confidence winning gives to teams.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 10:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
Tvegas:
Revelations so far.

1. Ole is punching above is weight. He isnt as technically sound as we think. He isnt as pragmatic as mourhino . He has a lot to learn.

2. 70% of our players are average but a top manager can get them to top 4.

3. The board and ED betrayed this team by not making necessary signings in midfield and attack.

May we lose all our endorsement and revenues so that the owners can wake up. Except we find our mojo pretty soon ,things will be bleak this season. There is a confidence winning gives to teams.
is that what Ole told you personally? undecided

Fact is Ole got all he's targets, (maybe apart from longstaff, which wouldn't have even made any difference had it been he got him) so I don't know this excuse u're putting up now

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
iheanyi40:

Fact is Ole got all he's targets, (maybe apart from longstaff, which wouldn't have even made any difference had it been he got him) so I don't know this excuse u're putting up now
And he told you this

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 3:20am On Sep 01, 2019
#OleOUT

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:13am On Sep 01, 2019
Tvegas:
Koulibaly just scored a last minute own goal against Juve.

De light kept switching off in thesame match.

Lesson learnt: A defender is as good as the hardwork of players in front of him. Even VVD will concede goals in this Man utd set up.
Very true.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 4:25am On Sep 01, 2019
CapitalCee:

My dear you make me laff, show me anywhere I blames OGS here. My problem has always been with players who play as if nothing is at stake. If Pogba, Rashford, Lingard and their gang members, can give it a go, like James. We should be winning games. Our Key players are not disciplined.
I am sure that if i search, i will find instances where you blamed Ole. But i don't have time to search so just have it your way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 4:33am On Sep 01, 2019
wizkitvick:
Hey, I don't hate OGS all I'm talking about is how he kept giving chances to the deadwoods and sell any player whose heart is no longer with the club.. Perhaps you have to read my posts over again and this time around slowly!!
Actually, you read this post of yours and tell me if you are making any sense. I had a headache trying to comprehend this post i am quoting right now.

One question though; which deadwood is Ole currently repeatedly giving chances to? (Don't you dare say lingard)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 7:15am On Sep 01, 2019
purpleprincess:
I am sure that if i search, i will find instances where you blamed Ole. But i don't have time to search so just have it your way.

No you are not correct, ask people, I never condemned Ole, my grouse has always been with the players. I am not quick to slate managers, People here knew that i was among those that stood by Mourinho till it became untenable to do so. My own is once we do a total overhaul, Sell DDG, Pogba, Jones, Rojo, Damian, and release Lingard. Then promote youth players and buy some young hungry and committed players. Then if we didn't perform, then we can seriously question Ole not now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2019
let's assume we sack ole and employ pep

pep plays a 4-3-3

who would start?

De gae
wan_bisakka--maguire--lindelof--shaw
Tominay--matic--pogba
james--martial--rashford

except you know another starting lineup pep will use ...correct me

but if pep uses the above will they win matches ?

if not

stop criticizing ole then smiley
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 7:27am On Sep 01, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Martial would have scored or at least have an assist from those chances Rashford messed up today.

Honestly, the major reason the match ended in a draw is Rashford, regardless of whether Pogba and DDG performed or not.

God bless you. I was screaming yesterday ffs. Martial and Rashford ain't mate brov. He is level headed and clinical. If we had martial leading the line yesterday, atleast we would be rest assured he would have buried atleast one of the clear cut chances Pogba gave that heat rashes. Fvck
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 7:32am On Sep 01, 2019
According to reports the best players this season has been ole's signings
they have perform really good in his system
what does that tell you?
WAN-BISSAKA they said can't attack see the wonders this doing
right how bissaka has more attacking attributes than Shaw

Maguire is too fucking calm on the ball

James is currently the team top goal scorer

let ole rebuild
give him the chance

for this season except we sit up
it's gone

let's just use the Europa league and qualify for champions league

those saying we need to remove 80% of the playing and buy like 5-6 players

do you thing it's easy for 5-6 players to learn to play with each other in 2months no matter how professional they are
see what is happening at Madrid

the defence in man utd is sorted
we need a good midfield now

by January we will know

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 01, 2019
Positivity FC cheesy... Not until you are defeated 3:0 again at King Power Stadium making it 3 win out of 17 matches...that is when protest will start at Old Trafford... #Ole&Woodward&GlazersOut# gringrin

MAY THE WOE CONTINUE!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:32am On Sep 01, 2019
DeadPresidents:
I don't think Pep was ever realistically going to choose being United's manager over City.

Abu Dhabi City had been preparing for Pep's arrival since the takeover by the emirate. They actually poached some of the guys Pep had worked with at Barcelona (like Joan Soríano & Txixi Begiristain) to create the boardroom staff.

There was no way Pep would leave that level of influence and control to come and start getting told what the feck to do by a football noob like Ed.
He was never coming here
Na only Utd fans like to dream that Pep ever consider us I think he even Had a sit down with fergie sef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:39am On Sep 01, 2019
As long as Woodward is still allowed to make footballing decision nothing will change.
We have close to five managers since baba Waka,even if by some really bad mojo they are all bad (which is impossible) why is the person doing the hiring still allowed to continue?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2019
I remember that Mourinho was criticized because probably all the signings made during his time flopped. It's may be early but OGS signings have been impressive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 01, 2019
Ravioli:

God bless you. I was screaming yesterday ffs. Martial and Rashford ain't mate brov. He is level headed and clinical. If we had martial leading the line yesterday, atleast we would be rest assured he would have buried atleast one of the clear cut chances Pogba gave that heat rashes. Fvck

On two occasions that Rashford needed to shoot with his left foot, he fluffed it, despite being in a very good angle to shoot with his left foot...
Martial got just one chance against Wolves from a tight angle and scored with his left foot, with about four Wolves defenders on him...

Then the one where he could chip or shoot, fluffed it, ball fell back to him, Mata was right in front of the goalpost waiting for his pass, Rashford didn't pass it..

If Martial led the line, that wouldn't have happened because truth be told, he's more intelligent than Rashford and doesn't engage in cooking beans or doing bff with Lingard.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 01, 2019
make una go church now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:38am On Sep 01, 2019
SIRcumalot:
As long as Woodward is still allowed to make footballing decision nothing will change.
We have close to five managers since baba Waka,even if by some really bad mojo they are all bad (which is impossible) why is the person doing the hiring still allowed to continue?

Including Matt Judge. The fücker is the one responsible for contract negotiations and transfer negotiations since 2016. Total overhaul including the head of our scouting network Marcel Bout and Mick Court is needed.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 9:48am On Sep 01, 2019
GloryIsaac:

On two occasions that Rashford needed to shoot with his left foot, he fluffed it, despite being in a very good angle to shoot with his left foot...
Martial got just one chance against Wolves from a tight angle and scored with his left foot, with about four Wolves defenders on him...

Then the one where he could chip or shoot, fluffed it, ball fell back to him, Mata was right in front of the goalpost waiting for his pass, Rashford didn't pass it..

If Martial led the line, that wouldn't have happened because truth be told, he's more intelligent than Rashford and doesn't engage in cooking beans or doing bff with Lingard.

That's why Ole gave him the No. 9 spot. He's smarter and clinical though he doesn't press but when he is position he delivers. If he can remain injury free. Martial will score and assist atleast 20+ goals this term playing the 9 role. Fvck Rashford

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2019
eph12:
I remember that Mourinho was criticized because probably all the signings made during his time flopped. It's may be early but OGS signings have been impressive.

Bailly - Suspect, Otu

Ibrahimovic - Did well, even though he didn't convert lot of chances, other players stepping up would have made it less noticeable.

Mkhi - Flop from BurnThisLeagueDown

Pogba - Inconsistent, Not the player you'll love to lead your team.

Lindelof - Improved, but still weak on aerial fuels.

Lukaku - Gone

Matic - Old, couldn't "Unlock" Pogba.

Sanchez - Bloody Scam. Came for the money only, Mou purchased him just to stop Pep' s squad from getting stronger, nothing else.

Dalot - Bright future

Fred - ?, couldn't "Unlock" Pogba too. Funny how he actually chose United over City, imagine Pep laughing right now.

Lee Grant - Backup

About 5 - 6 high-profile names in this list, all suited to Mou' s style of play, didn't work out.

Wan-Bissaka - Superb so far
Maguire - Superb so far, I actually thought he was overhyped by the English media, but the difference in defense is too clear to deny his quality.
James - Superb so far, still needs to improve sha but 3 goals in 3 games is something for a player signed for £16m.

Hope the club brings in more ballers like this three, and how Shaw suddenly became the weakest link in the defense is worrisome.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 10:02am On Sep 01, 2019
eph12:

Not totally true.

Mou was criticized for his style of play majorly. Even when we were winning Lana and adisa were constantly criticizing him and don’t believe he’s the kind of manager we need.

Now the players he signed:

Zlatan - scored 27 goals in all competition and help us win the Europa, Carling and Community shield.

Bailly - Was immense in his first season before injury started.

Lindelof - Be the judge yourself.

Pogba - Our most creative player. Blows on n off.

Lukaku - Lukaku scored 27 goals in his first season, being our highest goal scorer for that season. We finished 2nd that season. Scored 15 goals last season, still our highest goal scorer.

Matic - Immense the season we bought him, last season he became a liability due to loss of pace.

Fred - Dont know where to place this one, I still believe he will come good.

Dalot - Same as Fred.

Sanchez - FLOP

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 10:14am On Sep 01, 2019
Imagine Lukaku in place of Rashford yesterday, him must convert one of those sweet cross them wey bissaka and james put in.

Rashford should just stick to the wings.

Rashford de earn dsame salary with them kane and salah, person wey never score reach 15league goals b4.

My god!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 01, 2019
weedtaker:
Imagine Lukaku in place of Rashford yesterday, him must convert one of those sweet cross them wey bissaka and james put in.

Rashford de earn dsame salary with them kane and salah, person wey never score reach 15league goals b4.

My god!

With the way things are now, James has locked down the left flank, Martial owns the centre-forward position, if Pereira plays well on the right flank, Rashford should consider himself benched.

The salary aspect is a talk for another day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:29am On Sep 01, 2019
iheanyi40:

Azzin ehn, sick of all this the board the board shiiitte Ole is shyte pure unadulterated dirty smelly shyte!!! He went for shyte he got his shyte now the team's playing shyte and we're busy talking about the board and shyte!! angry

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 01, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2019
weedtaker:

My god!
When I bin talk dem wan crucify me. First touch first touch grin grin see Olajumoke Rashford the beans seller with his first touch
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 10:35am On Sep 01, 2019
KingTom:

Azzin ehn, sick of all this the board the board shiiitte Ole is shyte pure unadulterated dirty smelly shyte!!! He went for shyte he got his shyte now the team's playing shyte and we're busy talking about the board and shyte!! angry

Oboy..! grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2019
CapitalCee:

God bless you. Offload 80% of our players, people are laughing at me, look at it now

How is this the solution? Was it not same players Ole went on a wining streak when he just arrived? It can now be said that we should have allowed Mourinho to spend the money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 10:56am On Sep 01, 2019
elampiro:

How is this the solution? Was it not same players Ole went on a wining streak when he just arrived? It can now be said that we should have allowed Mourinho to spend the money.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:00am On Sep 01, 2019
CrystalTiger:
Before season started, I said it here that with Ole and this squad, we'd be lucky to finish 10th..Anyone who sits in front of a television to watch games wouldn't dare argue this..

Our play is just fvcking counter attack..No plan b, c or d..At least we're spared another week of hurt..Back at it again against Leicester..

Cheers Mates..A long season ahead..!!!

Mourinho finished second with 81 points +40 goal using the below players as most used 11

DeGea
Valencia
Smalling
Jones
Young
Pogba
Matic
Mata
Lingard
Rashford
Lukaku

They said the players are dead and the coach is finished. ok na

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:01am On Sep 01, 2019
And they refused to support him with more signings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7000) (7001) (7002) (7003) (7004) (7005) (7006) ... (14145) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.