Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,762 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:36 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8846816 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7004) (7005) (7006) (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Well, it's true that a lot of transfers have been made since Fergie left, but for the first time in a long time, all three transfers made have shown good quality and are also disciplined, hopefully, they don't get corrupted by the beans gang.
Di Maria, Pogba, Bailly, Deepay, Martial, Lukaku and mkhitaryan all looked like great signings initially.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2019
elampiro:

After 3 matches?

"Hopefully, they don't get corrupted by the beans gang"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 4:47am On Sep 03, 2019
Lana1:
Liverpool and City's front 3 and to some extent Arsenal's front 3 is why i always screamyearn cheesy for good strikers that score almost every week.

Not frauds like Rashford that will score once in 10 games.

If Salah and Mane were as useless as Rashford, Liverpool wont be the force they are today.
If RVP, Hernandez and Rooney were useless in 2012/13 like Rashford is today we would not have won the league that year.

The defence and midfield can be average but once you have reliable strikers, ur problem is half solved.
This is why i can never rate a striker who constantly goes more than 2 games(at least) without scoring. Cant rate one who needs 2 chances to score one goal either.

We need to get rid of this Rashford. And if we are being realistic, unless proven otherwise, Martial too.
Why are you doing this? This comparision basically makes no sense. You fellas need to put your emotions in check and get logical and realistic sometimes. How can you compare Rashford to Current salah and mane and 2013 rooney? Rooney was 28 in 2013, Salah and mane are currently 27 while Rashford is just 21. Where were salah and mane when they were 21? how many goals had they scored when they were 21? what had they achieved when they were 21? Only rooney can be said to have been already achieving things at 21 years and that is largely because rooney was eased into a team that was basically world class.

Sometimes i think it is either you guys have been so spoiled by the "glory days" that you guys expect too much from this kid because some of the comparisions and expectations sometimes are very absurd, or maybe you people think football is just about kicking a round leather around. There is a psychological aspect to the sport and not everyone is mentally ready at age 21. Mane at 21 was at Red bull salzburg and salah at 21 was at Basel scoring 9 goals in 47 appearances. The funny thing is if rashford gets sold today and he begins to tear it up somewhere else, or even worse, another premierleague team buys him and he begins to perform wonders and hurt manu, You will be one of the people that will lament about manu not sticking with him just like you people complain that mourinho is anti youth and he refused to give salah and Lukaku chances in chelsea. Ya need to calm down.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 5:10am On Sep 03, 2019
eph12:

Lol have a good day
You can see how absurd the arguments these guys are putting forth are right?

Later they will say It is not the manager they are against but the board, tomorrow it's the players, Next week it's the board for not signing players and being cheap by extending the contracts of fringe players, two days after that it is the board for being cheap by selling the same players they have been wanting the board to sell. Two weeks later it is the board for employing a rookie manager. Denial is the first stage of grief, you people will finally confess your hatred for this man soon.

I mean i have literally seen people here say that it is better to sell Sanchez, smalling e.t.c and give their roles to an academy player because they can't do worse but when sanchez and smalling get sold, the same people lament, cry wolf and almost cut themselves until blood gushes out like the prophets of baal. Are you sure most manu fans don't need therapy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 5:22am On Sep 03, 2019
CrystalTiger:

So until Ole signs a full season squad (23players), he should be absolved of any blame that emanates from poor result and style of play?..

Did Pep sign Fernandinho, David Silva, Aguero or even the current Sterling that's beasting?..Did Rodgers sign Ndidi, Chillwell, Vardy, Madison, Perreira, Barnes, Evans for them to be able to be stringing meaningful passes together?..

Did he see any Ole signings?..Clap for yourself bros..

Someone that should have been made Chief Press Secretary to Ed..Mtchew..
So ole should be blamed for the fact that the players his predecessors signed are simply not good enough? I will like to see pep or rodgers work their magic on lingard and jones.

This thread should be renamed comedy central. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 5:37am On Sep 03, 2019
*Singing*
Crashing through the crowded halls,
Dodging posts like ping pong balls,
Just to read the ones that actually make sense
(Hey! Hey! Hey!)
Leaping over bullet case piles,
weed you can smell for miles,
fan's gotta say what they gotta stay to seem sensible!

In the Loud House! In the Loud House!
Duck, dodge, push and shove,
It's how we show our love!
In the Loud House! In the Loud House!
Some real fans, some fake fans
(Wouldn't trade it for the world!) grin

Loud!
House!
Loud!
Loud House!

Diggz: (spoken) Loud house fc! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:55am On Sep 03, 2019
ChristoBam:

Di Maria, Pogba, Bailly, Deepay, Martial, Lukaku and mkhitaryan all looked like great signings initially.

Exactly.

We are always singing buy players, sack coach. Same approach every time. Our trophies are now then number of coaches and players transfered to the club.

And we are not really patient to get quality players. Pressure on ED like he had not done much already.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:59am On Sep 03, 2019
purpleprincess:
So ole should be blamed for the fact that the players his predecessors signed are simply not good enough? I will like to see pep or rodgers work their magic on lingard and jones.

This thread should be renamed comedy central. grin

Those players finished 2nd in the league. We were told if Mourinho is sacked, the next coach will bring dressing room unity, get the best out of Pogba and United will compete with City because 'Mourinho inherited a better team than Guardiola'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 6:16am On Sep 03, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 03, 2019
2nd in the league with 19 points difference between the top two teams lmaoooo

What happened when other teams like Liverpool stepped up?

Always saying 2nd in the league as if the team challenged for the title that season with this players. If them no tell you, you no go no say na 19 points them use gap us.

Come and finish 2nd with 19 points difference again nah.... Let's see whether there won't be teams within that point range.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Always saying 2nd in the league as if the team challenged for the title that season with this players. If them no tell you, you no go no say na 19 points them use gap us.

Come and finish 2nd with 19 points difference again nah.... Let's see whether there won't be teams within that point range.
nobody day argue with u. 19points or not morinho finished 2nd. Name any coach post fegie time to do that

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 03, 2019
snrman:
nobody day argue with u. 19points or not morinho finished 2nd. Name any coach post fegie time to do that

Lmaoooo

If you can't see the point in the post, no need going further.

Chelsea Troll.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Victornezzar: 7:03am On Sep 03, 2019
At least we should be happy that some deadwoods are leaving

Jones should be next ahbeg

Followed by Matic and Lingard

As for me.......I'm not expecting anything from the team this season even before the league started

I just wanted us to do a massive overhaul and I'm happy with that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 03, 2019
Victornezzar:
At least we should be happy that some deadwoods are leaving

Jones should be next ahbeg

Followed by Matic and Lingard

As for me.......I'm not expecting anything from the team this season even before the league started

I just wanted us to do a massive overhaul and I'm happy with that

No, they shouldn't leave please. After all, they finished 2nd in the league.

ManUtd should stop selling these World-Class players
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Lmaoooo

If you can't see the point in the post, no need going further.

Chelsea Troll.
must u blame everything on chelshit fans grin Im a barca fan nobody day argue with u all am saying is that no coach has finished 2nd apart from mourinho am not his fan and yes I get your point

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:37am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Maybe if other teams step up, City won’t have won 32 matches out of 38.

There are season that 81pts was enough to win the league, some even won it with 78pts but you want to downplay coming second with 81pts because nobody could beat City. That season Man Utd and City shared 3 pts between themselves.

When OGS was appointed and we were on a winning streak, you were here shading Mou and talking about how he was the one holding the team back, free flowing football bla bla bla, but now that your favorite manager has won 3 games in 17 matches with a 19% win rate as a Man Utd manager, we should just blame the players and absolve the manager of any blame.

I laugh in swahili.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tenmariner: 8:55am On Sep 03, 2019
Lana1:
Liverpool and City's front 3 and to some extent Arsenal's front 3 is why i always screamyearn cheesy for good strikers that score almost every week.

Not frauds like Rashford that will score once in 10 games.

If Salah and Mane were as useless as Rashford, Liverpool wont be the force they are today.
If RVP, Hernandez and Rooney were useless in 2012/13 like Rashford is today we would not have won the league that year.

The defence and midfield can be average but once you have reliable strikers, ur problem is half solved.
This is why i can never rate a striker who constantly goes more than 2 games(at least) without scoring. Cant rate one who needs 2 chances to score one goal either.

We need to get rid of this Rashford. And if we are being realistic, unless proven otherwise, Martial too.

Nice analysis. United needs to swallow the bitter truth! Rashford CANNOT fill that important attacker role. A trusted attacker should guarantee at least 19 goals in a season. Rashford has scored 50 goals in 193 appearance
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2019
larride:

Maybe if other teams step up, City won’t have won 32 matches out of 38.

There are season that 81pts was enough to win the league, some even won it with 78pts but you want to downplay coming second with 81pts because nobody could beat City. That season Man Utd and City shared 3 pts between themselves.

When OGS was appointed and we were on a winning streak, you were here shading Mou and talking about how he was the one holding the team back, free flowing football bla bla bla, but now that your favorite manager has won 3 games in 17 matches with a 19% win rate as a Man Utd manager, we should just blame the players and absolve the manager of any blame.

I laugh in swahili.

How many matches have we played this season? 17 I guess, and it ain't even November yet.

Anything to uphold your beloved Mourinho.

Is it Solksjaer that will come and take the penalties?

Clear deadwood, clear deadwood, what's happening now? Rebuilding is a process, and OGS hasn't even stayed a year at this club. Mourinho stayed for almost 3 years ffs.

Come and finish 2nd with 19 points difference nah.

Not to even mention David De Gea who was on top form covering Jones and Co. before washing at 2018 World Cup. Something that he carried into the new season and ultimately cost Mourinho his job.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 10:08am On Sep 03, 2019
purpleprincess:
There is a psychological aspect to the sport and not everyone is mentally ready at age 21. Mane at 21 was at Red bull salzburg and salah at 21 was at Basel scoring 9 goals in 47 appearances.
At 21 Mane was at Red Bull Salzburg, not the target man at Paris St Germain and Salah was at Basel scoring 9 in 47, not in FC Barcelona.
For the "21 year old mentally not-ready" Rashford to lead the line in a club like Man United categorically has placed the club in the level of Basel'ona'; which in reality is almost the case. So what are you defending?
The mentally ready Wayne Rooney could have led the line for Man United at 18 with this same set of players and still return a base 15 league goals every season. He doesn't even sit in this comparison because it's a joke.
If Rashbeck's top ceiling at 21 is 10 league goals/13 all competition as a forward who's been with the first team for 4+ years, my brother he likely won't tear up any shiit!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 10:39am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

How many matches have we played this season? 17 I guess, and it ain't even November yet.

Clear deadwood, clear deadwood, what's happening now? Rebuilding is a process, and OGS hasn't even stayed a year at this club. Mourinho stayed for almost 3 years ffs.

Not to even mention David De Gea who was on top form covering Jones and Co. before washing at 2018 World Cup. Something that he carried into the new season and ultimately cost Mourinho his job.

Stop licking Ole's àss brah

How will you have Pogba, Lukaku, Mata, Martial, Sanchez, Shaw, Matic and co yet still have a very poor record of 3 wins in 19 matches? Very bad I must say

Even Valverde would never!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 10:43am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

LOL.. So penalty was the only way to score against Wolves and Crystal Palace?

This is what Ole has reduced Man U to.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

grin

So you don’t know that players can play rubbish before when you were lambasting Mou when the players were playing rubbish and you were asking which tactics we were playing and that we are relying on individual brilliance?

So now we have to rely on penalties to win matches abi? Your MCM has only won 3 matches in our last 17 matches, if that doesn’t bother you, it does bother the rest of us. I remember during Mou time when some are asking if these teams have better player than us. Do Crystal palace, wolves, Cardiff, Southampton, Huddersfield, Everton n co have better players than us that we are struggling against them?

You are talking about 19pts difference between 1st and 2nd while conveniently not talking about the point. If we had that 81pts last season, we could have comfortably finished 3rd.

Mou used 2 years and some months here and we played 3 finals winning 2. We finished 2nd our highest ever league finish since SAF retirement with these same players but Mou is the clueless one while the one that has won 3 games in 17 matches since he was made permanent manager knows what he’s doing and we should not criticize him. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:12am On Sep 03, 2019
see as una just de attack broda glory, you guys should take it easy abeg, na international week we de.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2019
TLona1:

How will you have Pogba, Lukaku, Mata, Martial, Sanchez, Shaw, Matic and co yet still have a very poor record of 3 wins in 19 matches? Very bad I must say

You even mentioned Sanchez.... shows you know nothing about Man Utd. Kindly go back to Camp Nou.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2019
larride:

grin

So you don’t know that players can play rubbish before when you were lambasting Mou when the players were playing rubbish and you were asking which tactics we were playing and that we are relying on individual brilliance?

So now we have to rely on penalties to win matches abi? Your MCM has only won 3 matches in our last 17 matches, if that doesn’t bother you, it does bother the rest of us. I remember during Mou time when some are asking if these teams have better player than us. Do Crystal palace, wolves, Cardiff, Southampton, Huddersfield, Everton n co have better players than us that we are struggling against them?

You are talking about 19pts difference between 1st and 2nd while conveniently not talking about the point. If we had that 81pts last season, we could have comfortably finished 3rd.

Mou used 2 years and some months here and we played 3 finals winning 2. We finished 2nd our highest ever league finish since SAF retirement with these same players but Mou is the clueless one while the one that has won 3 games in 17 matches since he was made permanent manager knows what he’s doing and we should not criticize him. undecided

Guess What?

He got sacked.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2019
Mou fanboys though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 11:22am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Guess What?

He got sacked.

Guess what?

I was happy when he was sacked. You can check through my post.

But if you think I won’t criticize a manager that has won 3 out of 17, that meins you will sleep there.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:
Mou fanboys though.
Lol, your excuse for Ole is not strong enough, same excuse you are making for him can also be made for jose.

I like ole, but I just don't see him taking us anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:26am On Sep 03, 2019
TLona1:

Honestly, it is very bad. Maybe because Ole is a man Utd legend. That guy has nothing upstairs. He just tells 11 players to play counterattack and drab footie every match day.

3 wins out of 19 is really really bad. If things don't improve, I see him getting the sack in September.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:27am On Sep 03, 2019
Mou had his chance, failed, and was deservedly sacked.
No level of revisionist history will turn back the hands of time.

If Solskjaer too does anyhow he will see anyhow. It is a natural law. I only wish it could be applied to the Glazers and Ed who are the major culprits in problems the club has faced post-Fergie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:29am On Sep 03, 2019
larride:

grin

this point is valid. I criticized Mou for losing. Saying we had decent players.

Now I don't know if I would say those players are trash or OLE no fit coach.
Either I've lost.

I'm not saying we should sack OLE, I'm not saying he is the Messiah either, but I'll say we stick with him. Sacking coaches have done us no good. If only our board can support him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2019
purpleprincess:
Why are you doing this? This comparision basically makes no sense. You fellas need to put your emotions in check and get logical and realistic sometimes. How can you compare Rashford to Current salah and mane and 2013 rooney? Rooney was 28 in 2013, Salah and mane are currently 27 while Rashford is just 21. Where were salah and mane when they were 21? how many goals had they scored when they were 21? what had they achieved when they were 21? Only rooney can be said to have been already achieving things at 21 years and that is largely because rooney was eased into a team that was basically world class.

Sometimes i think it is either you guys have been so spoiled by the "glory days" that you guys expect too much from this kid because some of the comparisions and expectations sometimes are very absurd, or maybe you people think football is just about kicking a round leather around. There is a psychological aspect to the sport and not everyone is mentally ready at age 21. Mane at 21 was at Red bull salzburg and salah at 21 was at Basel scoring 9 goals in 47 appearances. The funny thing is if rashford gets sold today and he begins to tear it up somewhere else, or even worse, another premierleague team buys him and he begins to perform wonders and hurt manu, You will be one of the people that will lament about manu not sticking with him just like you people complain that mourinho is anti youth and he refused to give salah and Lukaku chances in chelsea. Ya need to calm down.
I wish I could kiss you kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (7004) (7005) (7006) (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Cuddler and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.