Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,893 members, 7,848,601 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8832062 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7005) (7006) (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) (7011) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:34am On Sep 03, 2019
Itsmedozie:

I wish I could kiss you kiss

You sure say na woman? No go bobriskize yourself o. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swissh: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2019
Lana1:
Liverpool and City's front 3 and to some extent [/b] Arsenal's front 3 [b] is why i always screamyearn cheesy for good strikers that score almost every week.

Not frauds like Rashford that will score once in 10 games.

If Salah and Mane were as useless as Rashford, Liverpool wont be the force they are today.
If RVP, Hernandez and Rooney were useless in 2012/13 like Rashford is today we would not have won the league that year.

The defence and midfield can be average but once you have reliable strikers, ur problem is half solved.
This is why i can never rate a striker who constantly goes more than 2 games(at least) without scoring. Cant rate one who needs 2 chances to score one goal either.

We need to get rid of this Rashford. And if we are being realistic, unless proven otherwise, Martial too.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2019
larride:

Guess what?

I was happy when he was sacked. You can check through my post.

But if you think I won’t criticize a manager that has won 3 out of 17, that meins you will sleep there.

How people keep mentioning 17 baffles me....

What happened to the "access him after the transfer window" talk?

A win, two draws and one loss in four matches isn't a good record, I know, but can't you see how individual mistakes have cost the team so far?

And OGS has gone on to get rid of the deadwood everyone has been yearning for, which means that regardless of whether he remains or not, there must be arrivals in either January or the summer window.

My only pain is not getting Fernandes, Dybala obviously didn't want to be here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2019
odizeey:
this point is valid. I criticized Mou for losing. Saying we had decent players.

Now I don't know if I would say those players are trash or OLE no fit coach.
Either I've lost.

I'm not saying we should sack OLE, I'm not saying he is the Messiah either, but I'll say we stick with him. Sacking coaches have done us no good. If only our board can support him.
yea, I agree, we should stick with him till the end of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2019
weedtaker:
see as una just de attack broda glory, you guys should take it easy abeg, na international week we de.

Lmaooooo

We go see las las

Even Poch no sure again grin
Zidane no sure again grin

The only sure person (who was labelled a fraud) dey Man City right now.......

So any new hire go be another "trial" period..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2019
weedtaker:
yea, I agree, we should stick with him till the end of the season.
let's see
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

A win, two draws and one loss in four matches isn't a good record, I know, but can't you see how individual mistakes have cost the team so far?
dis is also my problem with him, de gea is sh!t, same as lindelof does he have the balls to drop them?

And OGS has gone on to get rid of the deadwood everyone has been yearning for, which means that regardless of whether he remains or not, there must be arrivals in either January or the summer window.
Smalling, herrera, fellaini and lukaku are not deadwoods.

They are good players which we should've replaced.

his signings have been good though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2019
weedtaker:
dis is also my problem with him, de gea is sh!t, same as lindelof does he have the balls to drop them?

Tuanzebe will most likely play in place of Lindelof, but Romero for DDG isn't sure.

Lingard went missing in two games and got dropped for the third one.

They were deadwoods considering that they didn't fit his style of play, major problem was replacements who'll fit it. Signing Bruno alongside the other three could have been the difference sef. I still need to see the scout that wrote "F" on Bruno's report card angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
odizeey:
this point is valid. I criticized Mou for losing. Saying we had decent players.

Now I don't know if I would say those players are trash or OLE no fit coach.
Either I've lost.

I'm not saying we should sack OLE, I'm not saying he is the Messiah either, but I'll say we stick with him. Sacking coaches have done us no good. If only our board can support him.

When me and Lana had this same conversation, I really don’t know who we will employ if we sack Ole. I’ve always maintained that our players are shite and they should fûck off but winning 3 games out of 17 means you have to question the manager input into the team also.

You can support a manage yet criticize him, it is those who feel Ole has no blame that’s causing the back n forth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

My only pain is not getting Fernandes, Dybala obviously didn't want to be here.

Bros, individual error is part of the game. Players makes error, it’s all up to the coach to find a way to mitigate against those errors.

Ole record as a manager reads 19% win rate. It is worrisome. Something must be done and very fast else this excuse you are giving now won’t fly anymore. You can’t keep blaming the players always without looking at the manager and Yes, you can support a manager and still criticize him at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
GloryIsaac:

Tuanzebe will most likely play in place of Lindelof, but Romero for DDG isn't sure.

Lingard went missing in two games and got dropped for the third one.

They were deadwoods considering that they didn't fit his style of play, major problem was replacements who'll fit it. Signing Bruno alongside the other three could have been the difference sef. I still need to see the scout that wrote "F" on Bruno's report card angry

I’m interested in this, what’s the style of play? Maybe we can start scouting players for him. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
larride:

When me and Lana had this same conversation, I really don’t know who we will employ if we sack Ole. I’ve always maintained that our players are shite and they should fûck off but winning 3 games out of 17 means you have to question the manager input into the team also.

You can support a manage yet criticize him, it is those who feel Ole has to blame that’s causing the back n forth.
This matter no easy o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
weedtaker:

The club probably released any player that other clubs came for except Pogba. Either these ones you mentioned wanted an increase or a guaranteed start. OGS wasn't ready to guarantee them that.

Should OGS have done differently? Many people will argue here that none of those players should be in the first team except Herrera that wanted more money
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Swissh:

I meant "Arsenal front 2". Lacazete and Aubameyang.

We all know Ceballos and Pepe na shīt. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ORIJIN201(m): 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lana1:

Until he score against u. Which of your front better pass am? Lingard or rashford? Abi Na Martial? grin
Pepe is sh*t na im u dey take console yourself since on Sunday. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ORIJIN201(m): 12:47pm On Sep 03, 2019
Funny how this place don turn lamentation centre. If I wan laugh, I dey usually come here. Useless team. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
purpleprincess:
Why are you doing this? This comparision basically makes no sense. You fellas need to put your emotions in check and get logical and realistic sometimes. How can you compare Rashford to Current salah and mane and 2013 rooney? Rooney was 28 in 2013, Salah and mane are currently 27 while Rashford is just 21. Where were salah and mane when they were 21? how many goals had they scored when they were 21? what had they achieved when they were 21? Only rooney can be said to have been already achieving things at 21 years and that is largely because rooney was eased into a team that was basically world class.

Sometimes i think it is either you guys have been so spoiled by the "glory days" that you guys expect too much from this kid because some of the comparisions and expectations sometimes are very absurd, or maybe you people think football is just about kicking a round leather around. There is a psychological aspect to the sport and not everyone is mentally ready at age 21. Mane at 21 was at Red bull salzburg and salah at 21 was at Basel scoring 9 goals in 47 appearances. The funny thing is if rashford gets sold today and he begins to tear it up somewhere else, or even worse, another premierleague team buys him and he begins to perform wonders and hurt manu, You will be one of the people that will lament about manu not sticking with him just like you people complain that mourinho is anti youth and he refused to give salah and Lukaku chances in chelsea. Ya need to calm down.
U would have had a point if Rashford was playing as a prospect earning less than 100k a week like his mate Tammy Abraham.

But the guy carries himself like an Mbappe, fleecing the club for 250k p/w(not even sure if Mane, Salah, Kane and Aguero earn up to this), and then proceeds to drop 0 goals in 10 games.

If he gets sold and performs elsewhere then good for him. Record has it he has been useless for United in 4 years.

Overrated English Macheda.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swissh: 12:53pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lana1:
U would have had a point if Rashford was playing as a prospect earning less than 100k a week like his mate Tammy Abraham.

But the guy carries himself like an Mbappe, fleecing the club for 250k p/w(not even sure if Mane, Salah, Kane and Aguero earn up to this), and then proceeds to drop 0 goals in 10 games.

If he gets sold and performs elsewhere then good for him. Record has it he has been useless for United in 4 years.

[/b]Overrated English Macheda[b].
I too like Lana cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Werey boy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Swissh: 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lana1:

Were you drunk when you wrote Arsenal front 3 cheesy. After Pepe catch your 200million back line I will be here to read your lamentations grin grin grin.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
Swissh:

Were you drunk when you wrote Arsenal front 3 cheesy. After Pepe catch your 200million back line I will be here to read your lamentations grin grin grin.
Na typo. I meant front 2. lipsrsealed

Far be it for me to rate that Ivorian shakushaku merchant.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
ChristoBam:

Di Maria, Pogba, Bailly, Deepay, Martial, Lukaku and mkhitaryan all looked like great signings initially.
Especially Bailly grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 1:54pm On Sep 03, 2019
purpleprincess:
*Singing*
Crashing through the crowded halls,
Dodging posts like ping pong balls,
Just to read the ones that actually make sense
(Hey! Hey! Hey!)
Leaping over bullet case piles,
weed you can smell for miles,
fan's gotta say what they gotta stay to seem sensible!

In the Loud House! In the Loud House!
Duck, dodge, push and shove,
It's how we show our love!
In the Loud House! In the Loud House!
Some real fans, some fake fans
(Wouldn't trade it for the world!) grin

Loud!
House!
Loud!
Loud House!

Diggz: (spoken) Loud house fc! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This woman na clown grin Lincoln Loud cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
weedtaker:
see as una just de attack broda glory, you guys should take it easy abeg, na international week we de.
The guy go price market wey big pass am grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TLona1: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
nitrogen:

Honestly, it is very bad. Maybe because Ole is a man Utd legend. That guy has nothing upstairs. He just tells 11 players to play counterattack and drab footie every match day.

3 wins out of 19 is really really bad. If things don't improve, I see him getting the sack in September.

To me I think all these wahala is as a result of the coach's lack of ideas and not the players. You can't have such quality players in your team and still be giving bad results.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by raumdeuter: 2:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
larride:

grin

So you don’t know that players can play rubbish before when you were lambasting Mou when the players were playing rubbish and you were asking which tactics we were playing and that we are relying on individual brilliance?

So now we have to rely on penalties to win matches abi? Your MCM has only won 3 matches in our last 17 matches, if that doesn’t bother you, it does bother the rest of us. I remember during Mou time when some are asking if these teams have better player than us. Do Crystal palace, wolves, Cardiff, Southampton, Huddersfield, Everton n co have better players than us that we are struggling against them?

You are talking about 19pts difference between 1st and 2nd while conveniently not talking about the point. If we had that 81pts last season, we could have comfortably finished 3rd.

Mou used 2 years and some months here and we played 3 finals winning 2. We finished 2nd our highest ever league finish since SAF retirement with these same players but Mou is the clueless one while the one that has won 3 games in 17 matches since he was made permanent manager knows what he’s doing and we should not criticize him. undecided

What is the point?

Sacking Mourinho was the right move,
replacing him with Solksjaer was the wrong move
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2019
ChristineC:

At 21 Mane was at Red Bull Salzburg, not the target man at Paris St Germain and Salah was at Basel scoring 9 in 47, not in FC Barcelona.
For the "21 year old mentally not-ready" Rashford to lead the line in a club like Man United categorically has placed the club in the level of Basel'ona'; which in reality is almost the case. So what are you defending?
The mentally ready Wayne Rooney could have led the line for Man United at 18 with this same set of players and still return a base 15 league goals every season. He doesn't even sit in this comparison because it's a joke.
If Rashbeck's top ceiling at 21 is 10 league goals/13 all competition as a forward who's been with the first team for 4+ years, my brother he likely won't tear up any shiit!
In as much as i agree that rashford cannot be compared to rooney, you cannot prove that rooney will be better if he was in rashford's shoes. You cant blame rashford for the burden that was thrown on him in his breakout season.That burden is obviously too heavy for him and it has been crushing him. Is it his fault that all other strikers were injured and he had to be prematurely drafted into the first team? Is it his fault that the all the other strikers manu have signed have either been too old to give long term success or simply not good enough? Is it his fault that ole believes in him and refused to sign another striker? I really dont know what you guys are always on about. When mane was 21, did you know he will be at liverpool tearing it up right now? I bet you didn't even know mane when he was 21. A lot of players dont make it at manu, rashford did and even an "antiyouth" like mourinho played him. That tells you a lot about the heights they think he can reach. If you face the kind of pressure that kid faces every day, you'll probably cry for your mama.

What am i defending? So it is the kid's fault that he was given the burden of leading a team that should have a proven striker? Does he force himself into matchday teams? Oh, maybe rashford has a video of ole and woodward digging each other and is blackmailing them not to ever sign a proven striker. You guys should let the boy grow!!

And how do you know rashford won't tear shittt up? same way you knew salah at chelsea won't tear shittt up? Cut the boy some slack sister.

PS: I am not a "brother" maam.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
raumdeuter:

What is the point?

Sacking Mourinho was the right move,
replacing him with Solksjaer was the wrong move

I never said sacking Mourinho was wrong. Infact I was happy when they fired him.

That post was in response to glory who was downplaying finishing 2nd with 81pts because City finished with 100pts.

Whether OGS is the wrong move or not, I guess time will reveal all but in the meantime I will continue criticizing him when necessary and not put everything on the players.

Ehn ehn Dayo, do you still maintain the fact that our players are on the same level with City players? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
purpleprincess:
In as much as i agree that rashford cannot be compared to rooney, you cannot prove that rooney will be better if he was in rashford's shoes. You cant blame rashford for the burden that was thrown on him in his breakout season.That burden is obviously too heavy for him and it has been crushing him. Is it his fault that all other strikers were injured and he had to be prematurely drafted into the first team? Is it his fault that the all the other strikers manu have signed have either been too old to give long term success or simply not good enough? Is it his fault that ole believes in him and refused to sign another striker? I really dont know what you guys are always on about. When mane was 21, did you know he will be at liverpool tearing it up right now? I bet you didn't even know mane when he was 21. A lot of players dont make it at manu, rashford did and even an "antiyouth" like mourinho played him. That tells you a lot about the heights they think he can reach. If you face the kind of pressure that kid faces every day, you'll probably cry for your mama.

What am i defending? [b]So it is the kid's fault that he was given the burden of leading a team that should have a proven striker? [/b]Does he force himself into matchday teams? Oh, maybe rashford has a video of ole and woodward digging each other and is blackmailing them not to ever sign a proven striker. You guys should let the boy grow!!

And how do you know rashford won't tear shittt up? same way you knew salah at chelsea won't tear shittt up? Cut the boy some slack sister.

PS: I am not a "brother" maam.

@ the bolded, who should we blame then? In one post you will say we hate Ole if we criticize him, in another one you will say we shouldn’t blame Rashford because he’s too young can’t lead the line.

Who then should we blame? The board? The fans? Who?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lana1:

Overrated English Macheda.
Rashford does not earn 250,000 a month, please dont lie just to score a point.

Do you actually read what you write before you click submit? So it is his fault that the board increased his wage?

BREAKING: Rashford puts a gun to woodward and ole's heads and forces them to give him a new and improved contract.

I am sure that you are smart enough to know that the fact that you earn a high salary doesn't always equal a high performance. Remind me how much falcao earned at manu and how many goals he scored. Or sanchez? These ones are even proven players oo. What about Coutinho at barca? How wonderfully well is dembele performing for barca?

Rashford is not the one who overrates himself. He is not the media! Put Mbappe in this united team and put Rashford in Psg team then come back and tell me Rashford carries himself like an Mbappe

Lana, i read your posts so i know you are smarter than this. I am just going to blame this your emotional outbursts on the fact that you are frustrated with manu not being at the top.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purpleprincess: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
larride:

@ the bolded, who should we blame then? In one post you will say we hate Ole if we criticize him, in another one you will say we shouldn’t blame Rashford because he’s too young can’t lead the line.

Who then should we blame? The board? The fans? Who?
Must someone be blamed all the time? Must everything be perfect all the time? manu is obviously undergoing a rebuild, can't you identify the improvements and trust the process?

There is a difference between criticism and emotional outbursts. Obviously you people expect ole to just start winning the league suddenly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7005) (7006) (7007) (7008) (7009) (7010) (7011) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.