Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,570 members, 7,847,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7066) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8827734 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7063) (7064) (7065) (7066) (7067) (7068) (7069) ... (14205) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:58am On Sep 23, 2019
^^^
Still better than looking for scapegoats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 23, 2019
eph12:

Me don japa jare. As long as we still have those players there, I'm not interested in watching any match. Until the club clears out all those players. We can't continue to play them and expect different results
Eph12/2 u are going no where

*drags him back and chains him to the thread*
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iamharkinwaley: 7:26am On Sep 23, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

cheesy

My guy dey write drama.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:33am On Sep 23, 2019
At Man Utd, every loss is a crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:39am On Sep 23, 2019
larride:
The players are doing what I'm asking them to. There are key moments in games that can tip these games in our favour compared to theirs and you make maybe a bad decision on a pass - left, right, centre - but the attitude and desire is there.

That's not the problem. It's the quality in our decision-making, sometimes in the execution. It's a good group to work with. They are determined. Sometimes along the road, we are going to hit some bumps, as we've said, some highs and lows.

This group is out there determined, they showed the desire, it was a good atmosphere in the dressing room. They've got the focus right.

- OGS

For those who want to be blaming the players. OGS says they are doing what he asked them to do. Case closed. grin

Las Las they won't sack this man. Although i feel we should wait till the end of the season.

One thing is Sure, with our lean squad, we are definitely buying a striker and/or a midfielder in January, except Greenwood and Gomes miraculously steps us before January

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2019
timay:

Las Las they won't sack this man. Although i feel we should wait till the end of the season.

One thing is Sure, with our lean squad, we are definitely buying a striker and/or a midfielder in January, except Greenwood and Gomes miraculously steps us before January
longstaff and shortstaff.
January deadline day deals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 23, 2019
Their Instagram page has been showing 2009 highlights against Westham for their followers. grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by timay(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2019
odizeey:
longstaff and shortstaff.
January deadline day deals.
I don't care, so far the new midfielder can move the ball Faster than what Matic and Mata serves us every match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2019
where you guys expecting us to win an in form Westham at home grin grin

I was praying for a draw
wasn't surprised we lost.

for the tactics part
OGS just repaired our defence

out attack and midfield are stick fuuucccckkkeeeddd

the first goal was as a result of poor defending from young.
second goal was a free kick (unpreventable)

attacking wise we have senseless rashford running up and down.

I wish January reaches fast.
let's get at least a midfielder and an attacker

I AM STILL WITH OLE TILL HE IS SACKED.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 7:47am On Sep 23, 2019
Itsmedozie:

I was praying for a draw

for the tactics part

every team dey in form for your eyes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2019
larride:
The players are doing what I'm asking them to. There are key moments in games that can tip these games in our favour compared to theirs and you make maybe a bad decision on a pass - left, right, centre - but the attitude and desire is there.

That's not the problem. It's the quality in our decision-making, sometimes in the execution. It's a good group to work with. They are determined. Sometimes along the road, we are going to hit some bumps, as we've said, some highs and lows.

This group is out there determined, they showed the desire, it was a good atmosphere in the dressing room. They've got the focus right.

- OGS

For those who want to be blaming the players. OGS says they are doing what he asked them to do. Case closed. grin
You missed what he was trying to say but but he is still an idiot
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:52am On Sep 23, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

This year is almost over you never still get sense. Shior
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:08am On Sep 23, 2019
odizeey:
De think be say even west ham play rubbish, but our rubbish worst pass their rubbish.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:09am On Sep 23, 2019
Leyqute:
At Man Utd, every loss is a crisis.
Its a crisis when no one can be bold enough to predict a victory against the Almighty West ham.

Even bookie the give us Odds made for mid table teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:11am On Sep 23, 2019
Well, I didn't see the game but I have got no regrets, no regrets absolutely...

Talking about our players, I always wanted Meunier ahead of Wan-Bissaka for the fact that he attacked more, you can't be parading an old fashioned right back in this age, watch PSG's 3rd goal vs Madrid and you'll see how limited our fullbacks are...

The midfield is completely dead and that's down to Ole, he was stupid to let Herrera and Fellaini go without replacing them. The decision to extend Mata's contract is another thing entirely.

Our attack is dead but they're giving new and improved contracts out like we are doing well...

Ole should be sacked before he drags us down to his level and Ed should leave the football side of things to someone else with footballing experience...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 8:19am On Sep 23, 2019
odizeey:
tell me with our shiitty team can you beat Leicester at home ??
in KING POWER STADIUM
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Itsmedozie: 8:25am On Sep 23, 2019
MESSAGE TO ALL UNITED FANS

I'll say this directly to the Man United fans
Just lower your expectations man, your are not a decent club anymore.
Your not going to challenge for the title, just be happy, just embrace that.

it's not the despair, it is the hope that kills you

look at arsenal, they have no hope, their fans are having a lovely time.

so United fans just give up hope and you will enjoy it far more

this message not from a united fan though, obviously.

but mehn we gats reduce our expectations.

left for me I think we will finish in an Europa league qualifying position.

for the shitty football we play, just give ole time.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LegoxMetahuman: 8:37am On Sep 23, 2019
Itsmedozie:
MESSAGE TO ALL UNITED FANS

I'll say this directly to the Man United fans
Just lower your expectations man, your are not a decent club anymore.
Your not going to challenge for the title, just be happy, just embrace that.

it's not the despair, it is the hope that kills you

look at arsenal, they have no hope, their fans are having a lovely time.

so United fans just give up hope and you will enjoy it far more

this message not from a united fan though, obviously.

but mehn we gats reduce our expectations.

left for me I think we will finish in an Europa league qualifying position.

for the shitty football we play, just give ole time.
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:40am On Sep 23, 2019
Itsmedozie:

I was praying for a draw

for the tactics part

Thing is fans are fickle.

When OLE won his first 10 games or so people were singing his praise. Now that things are rough they’re crying “crucify him!”

Even Zidane, who won 3 consecutive UCLs is suddenly a tactless manager without any tactics according to some Madrid fans.

OLE will get his chance. If you like wail and cry till tomorrow it won’t change anything.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:45am On Sep 23, 2019
patrickmuf:
Well, I didn't see the game but I have got no regrets, no regrets absolutely...

Talking about our players, I always wanted Meunier ahead of Wan-Bissaka for the fact that he attacked more, you can't be parading an old fashioned right back in this age, watch PSG's 3rd goal vs Madrid and you'll see how limited our fullbacks are...

The midfield is completely dead and that's down to Ole, he was stupid to let Herrera and Fellaini go without replacing them. The decision to extend Mata's contract is another thing entirely.

Our attack is dead but they're giving new and improved contracts out like we are doing well...

Ole should be sacked before he drags us down to his level and Ed should leave the football side of things to someone else with footballing experience...
I always want my full back to first be a defender before any kain attacking instinct. A good right winger is what we need for that right position. Wan bisakka can't be beat by any winger for this league. Make we leave am there.
Still,I understand we need some kind of attacking instinct from the full back positions which am hoping will come from The left. I don't think Shaw can do it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:45am On Sep 23, 2019
Itsmedozie:

I was praying for a draw

for the tactics part

I didn’t watch the match cos I was tied up with something else and from the highlights I saw it isn’t as horrible as peeps are making it out to be.

Seems West Ham did not trouble the defense a lot but when they did they did real damage. Plus our players missed 2 sitters- sitters West Ham players would probably have put in the back of the net.

It’s easy to be angry and sad and point fingers cos no one likes losing but it is what it is.

Onto the next one. Hoping to see Greenwood lead the line next tomorrow and bag some goals. GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2019
eph12:

You missed what he was trying to say but but he is still an idiot

What was he trying to say jare. Maybe you can tell me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:46am On Sep 23, 2019
weedtaker:
Its a crisis when no one can be bold enough to predict a victory against the Almighty West ham.

Even bookie the give us Odds made for mid table teams.

Whatever dude. Whatever.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2019
Leyqute:

I didn’t watch the match cos I was tied up with something else and from the highlights I saw it isn’t as horrible as peeps are making it out to be.

Seems West Ham did not trouble the defense a lot but when they did they did real damage. Plus our players missed 2 sitters- sitters West Ham players would probably have put in the back of the net.

It’s easy to be angry and sad and point fingers cos no one likes losing but it is what it is.

Onto the next one. Hoping to see Greenwood lead the line next tomorrow and bag some goals. GGMU

We missed 2 sitters? grin

You already said you didn’t watch the match, so no problem.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 8:51am On Sep 23, 2019
Leyqute:

We play the gunners next.
I don't think we'll be winning that game.
Martial will still be out and Pogba no go still play.

(Martial na sneakily injury prone player)
Even this rashford injury sef on top the nonsense him they play na big blow.

I don't fancy us against any top 6 challenger.
We can't score.
And our defence,while improvement dey, can carry us to where we want to be.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2019
larride:

That's the same person that said we are going the way of crystal palace despite winning 4-0 abi 1-0 under jose.

Now we are doing worse, and he's busy saying fans are fickle. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 8:57am On Sep 23, 2019
larride:

Harry Maguire and Mata. I don’t know what you’re getting at but okay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2019
weedtaker:
That's the same person that said we are going the way of crystal palace despite winning 4-0 abi 1-0 under jose.

Now we are doing worse, and he's busy saying fans are fickle. grin

LoL. You get problem. I said what I said then based on what I saw for a period of time. And I still stand by it.

I don’t change my mind every matchday.

I told larride the other day that we hardly win when we want to possess the ball and make things happen and thats what happened yesterday.

The loss didn’t surprise me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:03am On Sep 23, 2019
larride:

What was he trying to say jare. Maybe you can tell me.
Read the second paragraph of what you posted. The players can't make key decisions, can't execute some actions properly. What I am hearing is "the quality of the players is low". He is just short of saying that.

There are key moments in games that can tip these games in our favour compared to theirs and you make maybe a bad decision on a pass - left, right, centre - but the attitude and desire is there.

The attitude and desire are there but they can't just do it. But he is an idiot because he won't tell the board the truth and he is a yes man
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:05am On Sep 23, 2019
SIRcumalot:

We play the gunners next.
I don't think we'll be winning that game.
Martial will still be out and Pogba no go still play.

(Martial na sneakily injury prone player)
Even this rashford injury sef on top the nonsense him they play na big blow.

I don't fancy us against any top 6 challenger.
We can't score.
And our defence,while improvement dey, can carry us to where we want to be.

Thing is I think we’ll beat Arsenal, grin especially if Martial starts (he’s close to a return). It’s a different ball game.

We can score goals when defenses leave spaces behind to explore. We don’t know how to break teams down, yet. And Rashford is a forward who can’t make things happen on his own. I like the way Mourinho criticized him yesterday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by weedtaker: 9:09am On Sep 23, 2019
Leyqute:

LoL. You get problem. I said what I said then based on what I saw for a period of time. And I still stand by it.

I don’t change my mind every matchday.
our recent games have been worse than anything jose served us in his 2nd season. So dis ur story no get head.

I told larride the other day that we hardly win when we want to possess the ball and make things happen and thats what happened yesterday.

The loss didn’t surprise me.
We didn't do anything yesterday, I'll advice you see the full game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 9:11am On Sep 23, 2019
eph12:

Read the second paragraph of what you posted. The players can't make key decisions, can't execute some actions properly. What I am hearing is "the quality of the players is low". He is just short of saying that.

The attitude and desire are there but they can't just do it. But he is an idiot because he won't tell the board the truth and he is a yes man

If the players can’t make key decisions then why is he saying they are doing what he asked them to do?

Can you confidently say you saw attitude and desire in the way we play yesterday?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7063) (7064) (7065) (7066) (7067) (7068) (7069) ... (14205) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), Ijustwantto, odizeey(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.