Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,842 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8671626 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7353) (7354) (7355) (7356) (7357) (7358) (7359) ... (14140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2019
MRTA7:

Lost the league ke? Second place no sure sef.
Nah, there are still over 20 matches to be played. Anything can still happen
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 11:46am On Dec 08, 2019
Ole has his shortcomings but for what we did against Spurs and yesterday, Manchester City, there's no way I'm jumping on his case anytime soon.

Fred and McTominay are the biggest improvement in the team. I saw Fred mark out De Bruyne and still had time to go forward and create chances. My God!

Shaw was great, I like the fact that he didn't allow Bernardo the space to cut in into his left foot, it's only Mahrez that got that chance once and almost punished us.

With Wan-Bissaka, I have absolute confidence when he is defending, if only he can improve his attacking play, he'll be without doubt the best RB in the world.

Martial is good when he has players close to him playing those swift one-twos passes. He and Daniel James combined to good effect. However, our forwards need to work on their finishing, I'm certain if any of those chances fell for McTominay, he'd have scored.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2019
codedguy1:

I think all 3 reasons caused it. The 3 reasons are kinda intertwined in a way. Reinforcing means bringing in more bodies, of course we expect that they would be quality and this means during an injury spell you can still look at your bench and see some quality to bring in because you have enough players.

In city you can replace Aguero/Jesus, sane/sterling, Bernardo/Marhez, even Silva/dem Bruyne grin etc

Again just read the wage bill was considered in the scheme of things during the tw. Its quite complicated to get a balance but we hope they do get it right.

Some of us still question Ole's ability to actually get the best out if his players still. But after this win I will cut him some slack.

Ole for presido grin
I wonder if they were sleeping or under a spell when they were awarding those contracts. It won't be easy disposing some of these players as no club will offer them what we're currently offering them.

We really need quality signings abeg. Fred has started almost every match, I fear burnout for him soon. At least Tom missed some matches due to injury. Ole should start pairing Levitt and co with Tom or Fred. Perreira and Mata should be shot at close range
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:52am On Dec 08, 2019
patrickmuf:
Ole has his shortcomings but for what we did against Spurs and yesterday, Manchester City, there's no way I'm jumping on his case anytime soon.

Fred and McTominay are the biggest improvement in the team. I saw Fred mark out De Bruyne and still had time to go forward and create chances. My God!

Shaw was great, I like the fact that he didn't allow Bernardo the space to cut in into his left foot, it's only Mahrez that got that chance once and almost punished us.

With Wan-Bissaka, I have absolute confidence when he is defending, if only he can improve his attacking play, he'll be without doubt the best RB in the world.

Martial is good when he has players close to him playing those swift one-twos passes. He and Daniel James combined to good effect. However, our forwards need to work on their finishing, I'm certain if any of those chances fell for McTominay, he'd have scored.
Or Greenwood

I believe Shaw was instructed not to enter City's half, even AWB. There was a time I was almost screaming for Shaw to move when Rashford was with the ball, even if it's to create distraction. My guy just stayed put smh
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 12:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
eph12:

Or Greenwood

I believe Shaw was instructed not to enter City's half, even AWB. There was a time I was almost screaming for Shaw to move when Rashford was with the ball, even if it's to create distraction. My guy just stayed put smh
I saw it too. They played to instructuon. If we had a good bench, we'd have scored in that 2nd half.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vickertony(m): 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
guys who saw that Scot McTominay smile to the camera when he was fouled grin
made me remember Ronaldo days in united.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2019
eph12:

I wonder if they were sleeping or under a spell when they were awarding those contracts. It won't be easy disposing some of these players as no club will offer them what we're currently offering them.

We really need quality signings abeg. Fred has started almost every match, I fear burnout for him soon. At least Tom missed some matches due to injury. Ole should start pairing Levitt and co with Tom or Fred. Perreira and Mata should be shot at close range

You wicked o. Shot ke?

I think if we finish teams off early we can get more minutes for Garner or Levitt.
With Ole just 1-2 bad results away from Ole Out campaigns it is hard for him to give minutes to those boys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
eph12:

Yeah, burning out will be an issue. To reduce that affect the likes of Mata and Pereira will have to play to allow some others rest.

Greenwood, Levitt's and Garner will need to grow up fast grin Chong and Gomes never really get bearing.

The problem is, seeing Pereira or Mata in the starting line up or being told to warm up makes my stomach turn.

Taking off beanz and replacing with Pereira is like reducing your quality from an initial low quality position. angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
patrickmuf:
I saw it too. They played to instructuon. If we had a good bench, we'd have scored in that 2nd half.
Yeah we did have, one or two more sef
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
vickertony:

I wasn't happy with that. James or Mane would have stayed on their feet. There was acres of space to run into there, and something could have come out of it
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
afrodoc2:

You wicked o. Shot ke?

I think if we finish teams off early we can get more minutes for Garner or Levitt.
With Ole just 1-2 bad results away from Ole Out campaigns it is hard for him to give minutes to those boys.
Well I hope they start finishing teams off early enough to afford reasonable minutes to the youngies
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Tvegas(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
codedguy1:

Yeah, burning out will be an issue. To reduce that affect the likes of Mata and Pereira will have to play to allow some others rest.

Greenwood, Levitt's and Garner will need to grow up fast grin Chong and Gomes never really get bearing.

The problem is, seeing Pereira or Mata in the starting line up or being told to warm up makes my stomach turn.

Taking off beanz and replacing with Pereira is like reducing your quality from an initial low quality position. angry

Maybe the coach believes Pereira will also improve with time. Remember this was how everyone was on Fred's Case last season. The managers dont see players the way see them.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
patrickmuf:
Exactly, that man is just arrogant. Walker was playing as a midfielder when an inform Rashford was on the left. That's just disrespectful to Manchester United and arrogance on display.

That's City's default tactics.. this was my comment before the match...

GloryIsaac:

I'm quite confident that we can hit them on counter because their defense is shaky and their fullbacks play more as central midfielders when they attack.

The major reason it didn't work out was because of Fred, man had the most difficult job on the pitch, to stop De Bruyne and still kickstart counter attacks.

If their fullbacks maintained their positions, Lingard would have had the best time of his life on the pitch because the middle will be completely open.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
codedguy1:

I had high hopes for Chong and Gomez. I thought they are going to be our tricky attackers, dribbling and opening up spaces
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
eph12:

Or Greenwood

If he tries it ehn grin grin

Maguire would have suffered a lot, because he'll face Bernado, Kdb and Jesus all at the same time... the £80m go just disappear for the match grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2019
eph12:

I had high hopes for Chong and Gomez. I thought they are going to be our tricky attackers, dribbling and opening up spaces
I still have hope those guys will come through.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2019
GloryIsaac:

That's City's default tactics.. this was my comment before the match...

The major reason it didn't work out was because of Fred, man had the most difficult job on the pitch, to stop De Bruyne and still kickstart counter attacks.

If their fullbacks maintained their positions, Lingard would have had the best time of his life on the pitch because the middle will be completely open.
Love the fact that when we had the ball, it still wasn't looped over for the boys to chase, we still pass the choked up midfield with crisp fast passes...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
codedguy1:

Hope say him dey use Goole map, GPS and VPS for direction make him no go arrive for Timbuktu think say na Brazil grin
grin grin

Naa, you knw say na pastor now, he's been led by the spirit. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
eph12:

They might still come good, they are quite still young its just some body build up to be done.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by vickertony(m): 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
eph12:

I wasn't happy with that. James or Mane would have stayed on their feet. There was acres of space to run into there, and something could have come out of it
true but the smile totori me ooo grin, very mischievous smile.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
GloryIsaac:

If he tries it ehn grin grin

Maguire would have suffered a lot, because he'll face Bernado, Kdb and Jesus all at the same time... the £80m go just disappear for the match grin grin
Lol he can once once like that jor
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2019
chidexxy007:

They might still come good, they are quite still young its just some body build up to be done.
I hope so. Nobody will wait around for them to come good
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingTom(m): 2:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
Singing a new song, dancing to a new tune grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2019
vickertony:

Meeen i had goose bumps. That guy oo my God. Scott Mctomminay that guy. He is oozing maturity. How old is that guy sef? Legend in the making

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2019
Before we forget. Happy 23rd birthday to Scotty 2 Hotty. BossTominay is plus one. And City are sponsoring the party just like Chelsea sponsored Rashford's own grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2019
Fred. Rashford. McTominay.

All phenomenal this season.

Pictures immortalize moments of wonder. I took a group photo of muffukiz chatting shii about Ole not improving players (attached below)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 5:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
Mctom was one of Mou's best marshals at man Utd, Rashford played well under all managers (Gaal, Mou, and now Ole), we bought Fred for about 50m, what were you expecting? That boy only needed a couple of games to start playing well.

So, take it easy, Mr 'Ole improves players'. cool

We have good players, just need one or two signings and a manager to extract value from them. Current crop of players can make top 4, I still maintain my stance.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 6:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
chidexxy007:
grin grin

cheesy

He go sha react... Shior!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2019
nitrogen:
Mctom was one of Mou's best marshals at man Utd, Rashford played well under all managers (Gaal, Mou, and now Ole), we bought Fred for about 50m, what were you expecting? That boy only needed a couple of games to start playing well.

We have good players, just need one or two signings and a manager to extract value from them. Current crop of players can make top 4, I still maintain my stance.

Let's see the next few games against supposedly midtable teams before we start salivating on top top 4.

Everton next. These ones feel they are up to something and may play into our hands by attacking.

I pray we crush them though grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
nitrogen:

We have good players, just need one or two signings and a manager to extract value from them. [b]Current crop of players can make top 4, [/b]I still maintain my stance.
I share same sentiments but we have to give Ole all the praises that comes with our recent performance especially as we have castigated him when things went wrong...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7353) (7354) (7355) (7356) (7357) (7358) (7359) ... (14140) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: raumdeuter and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.