Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7818) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8848126 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7815) (7816) (7817) (7818) (7819) (7820) (7821) ... (14210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
This same Pogba played and excelled at the CM position for France at the 2018 mundial.
IIRC, he sat as double pivot with McTom in our first game against Chelsea this season.
Pogba's problem is never that he can't play as CM, he has played there effectively a few times for us and especially for France.
Fred is decent, but there's more to midfield play than just forming activity and doing eegun ori. I hope Fred keeps improving especially in areas like accurate passes and retaining possession while being pressed.
Ole knows best, he should try whatever pairing he wants and whoever falls short should simply make way for others. Either na Pogba or na Fred.
Lastly abeg, two out of Lingard, Mata and Perreira should prepare to leave, they've given us enough, make dem give us room to add quality bodies make the team balance.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ravioli:

Fabrizio Romano reported recently that Partey is signing a new contract with Athletico Madrid. So where's the Arsenal link?

His father (Jacob Partey) confirmed the interest from arsenal yesterday.

My son's current club Atletico Madrid has a release clause in Partey's deal… this means that any club which shows interest in signing him must meet those demands,' Jacob Partey told SilverFM.

'So any team which meets Atletico's demand will be able to sign my son, and not specifically Arsenal.

'I always call my son and he is of age to decide on a move. I am ready to support his decision.'

He will prefer to stay at Ath. madrid than moving to Arsenal
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ravioli:

Naaa!! Ole chooses the players he wants. Then Ed negotiates for the acquisition of the player[s]. I thought this has been flogged off already.

Plan A......... Messi

Plan B........ Neymar

Plan C....... Hazard

Plan D....... Coutinho

This is how ED woodward works, instead of signing Plan A, he will end up signing plan C or plan D........( Van gaal, Mourinho and Moyes are victims)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
Khaytunechi:
This same Pogba played and excelled at the CM position for France at the 2018 mundial.
IIRC, he sat as double pivot with McTom in our first game against Chelsea this season.
Pogba's problem is never that he can't play as CM, he has played there effectively a few times for us and especially for France.
Fred is decent, but there's more to midfield play than just forming activity and doing eegun ori. I hope Fred keeps improving especially in areas like accurate passes and retaining possession while being pressed.
Ole knows best, he should try whatever pairing he wants and whoever falls short should simply make way for others. Either na Pogba or na Fred.
Lastly abeg, two out of Lingard, Mata and Perreira should prepare to leave, they've given us enough, make dem give us room to add quality bodies make the team balance.
Pogba had matuidi and Kante with him in the midfield

Our first game was bad against Chelsea especially in the midfield. We were dominated and Chelsea was unlucky not to score at least 3 goals. We were all over the place in that match

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
eph12:

Pogba had matuidi and Kante with him in the midfield

Our first game was bad against Chelsea especially in the midfield. We were dominated and Chelsea was unlucky not to score at least 3 goals. We were all over the place in that match

Right, Chelsea dominated us but Pogba particularly created chances from that deep lying position. It was the first game of the season so I can excuse our being all over the place. I'm saying, Pogba can excel here playing CM with Bruno as AM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Chrisus:

They have Rodri
A double pivot of Rodri and Partey will free De Bruyne to do even more damage up front and will likely see Fernandinho's role reduced to deputizing for Laporte.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ravioli:

Sorry bros, you live in a cave..

They've all posted info about Sancho's deal about a month+ now.. I posted 'em immediately.

I follow all the reliable Journos on Twitter and Instagram. Go and make findings properly
Lol. So a month+ is recently to you? Well, recently to me is a week or less. Also, i also follow almost all reliable journalists on Twitter, IG, Reddit and none of them posted that nonsense you claimed they posted. If you are actually sure they posted it then take screenshots and show us here. I was actually trying to be civil and respectful so i even suggested that you might have been joking. But, it seems you want to do this the hard way.

Let's make this interesting. If you can actually post screenshots from any of those journos twitter or IG about any agreed fee for Sancho, then i will go back to my "cave" and i won't post here anymore. But if you can't post screenshots then you will never post here anymore. Agreed?

You also posted that lie about VDB to Man U being a done deal, you even put imaginary figures. Ahan, broda why you lying, why you always lying? oh my god! Stop bleeping lying!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
Khaytunechi:

Right, Chelsea dominated us but Pogba particularly created chances from that deep lying position. It was the first game of the season so I can excuse our being all over the place. I'm saying, Pogba can excel here playing CM with Bruno as AM.
Things would have turned differently if Chelsea had scored. We won't remember that Pogba created chances but we would have been talking about how Chelsea midfield had free pass in the middle. We would have blamed Pogba as usual. If we allow teams to dominate us like that, we won't always be lucky. And we have been able to create chances and score goals in Pogba's absence against top teams while limiting their chances against us. Against Chelsea, they had so many chances to score against us which is bad for any team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:

Plan A......... Messi

Plan B........ Neymar

Plan C....... Hazard

Plan D....... Coutinho

This is how ED woodward works, instead of signing Plan A, he will end up signing plan C or plan D........( Van gaal, Mourinho and Moyes are victims)

I fail to see how this is something to lampoon Ed over.

If every team could get their first choice for each role then we'd see a team including Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo etc

Those contingencies are drawn up because a dream team only exists in Dreamland.

Drawing up backup plans is a standard practice for any team.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
See all the attempts on goal against us in the first leg. We were lucky

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 2:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
eph12: See all the attempts on goal against us in the first leg. We were lucky

Last last, they carry ball go house while we carried 3 points grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
eph12:

Things would have turned differently if Chelsea had scored. We won't remember that Pogba created chances but we would have been talking about how Chelsea midfield had free pass in the middle. We would have blamed Pogba as usual. If we allow teams to dominate us like that, we won't always be lucky. And we have been able to create chances and score goals in Pogba's absence against top teams while limiting their chances against us. Against Chelsea, they had so many chances to score against us which is bad for any team
Let's not act like it's until Bruno and Ighalo came in January that we started building this positive momentum that restored peace to this thread.

Pogba was not the problem, majority of the lad were off form but as usual, he always takes majority of the blame after Ole. Let's see Pogba play now that we have a quality AM in front of him and not Lingard/Pereira or a washed up Mata. Let's see Pogba play now that Fred looks to have found his footing, now that Martial is back to something close to his form when he first got here and now that Rashford is back...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
DeadPresidents:

I fail to see how this is something to lampoon Ed over.

If every team could get their first choice for each role then we'd see a team including Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo etc

Those contingencies are drawn up because a dream team only exists in Dreamland.

Drawing up backup plans is a standard practice for any team.

At least get 5/10 right in transfer.

Instead of Kross, Thiago or Fabregas we signed Fellaini etc............

We are not asking for Mbappe, Messi and Ronaldo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2020
DeadPresidents:

Last last, they carry ball go house while we carried 3 points grin
So that next time when we're dominated like that and we lose, you will be back here complaining abi? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
patrickmuf:
Let's not act like it's until Bruno and Ighalo came in January that we started building this positive momentum that restored peace to this thread.

Pogba was not the problem, majority of the lad were off form but as usual, he always takes majority of the blame after Ole. Let's see Pogba play now that we have a quality AM in front of him and not Lingard/Pereira or a washed up Mata. Let's see Pogba play now that Fred looks to have found his footing, now that Martial is back to something close to his form when he first got here and now that Rashford is back...
We had issues creating chances because we were playing Perreira and Lingard. Pogba should have been the one in that position, meaning he'll have two of Matic, Fred and Tom behind him. This has been my point since. We were not being dominated
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
With all this Covid 19...wahala.
We may just get to keep pogba nobody get him money now...
Pogba and Bruno for that midfield could be the beginning of something wonderful..

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
patrickmuf:
A double pivot of Rodri and Partey will free De Bruyne to do even more damage up front and will likely see Fernandinho's role reduced to deputizing for Laporte.

Pep's tactics requires two attacking midfielders, not one.

If Partey joins City, Rodri will spend a good time on the bench grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2020
sylvalord:
Lol. So a month+ is recently to you? Well, recently to me is a week or less. Also, i also follow almost all reliable journalists on Twitter, IG, Reddit and none of them posted that nonsense you claimed they posted. If you are actually sure they posted it then take screenshots and show us here. I was actually trying to be civil and respectful so i even suggested that you might have been joking. But, it seems you want to do this the hard way.

Let's make this interesting. If you can actually post screenshots from any of those journos twitter or IG about any agreed fee for Sancho, then i will go back to my "cave" and i won't post here anymore. But if you can't post screenshots then you will never post here anymore. Agreed?

You also posted that lie about VDB to Man U being a done deal, you even put imaginary figures. Ahan, broda why you lying, why you always lying? oh my god! Stop bleeping lying!
k
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
handelex:
You never know
Cos you dream a lot. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:

At least get 5/10 right in transfer.

Instead of Kross, Thiago or Fabregas we signed Fellaini etc............

We are not asking for Mbappe, Messi and Ronaldo.

Moyes got Fellaini (his choice actually), and his most of his other targets were quite unrealistic.

LVG cancelled Toni Kroos transfer.

Major problem was every club knew how desperate United were for players, coupled with the news about English clubs making so much money, so negotiations were tough.

PSG didn't aid things when they got Neymar for a whooping $350m. That totally changed the market valuation of players.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
This place is back to life sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Moyes got Fellaini (his choice actually)

LVG cancelled Toni Kroos transfer.

Major problem was every club knew how desperate United were for players, coupled with the news about English clubs making so much money, so negotiations were tough.

PSG didn't aid things when they got Neymar for a whooping $350m. That totally changed the market valuation of players.

Fellaini wasn't the first choice.............the main target was Kroos or Fabregas, we signed Fellaini last day of transfer

Woodward didn't start well, but i can see some positive change ( refusing to sign Haaland, based on Raiola demands )
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 3:07pm On Jun 11, 2020
odizeey:
This place is back to life sha.
dead bones shall rise again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Skimpledawg(m): 3:23pm On Jun 11, 2020
eph12:
Thanda will still fire you scummite for saying the truth.

angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
Expert17:

Fellaini wasn't the first choice.............the main target was Kroos or Fabregas, we signed Fellaini last day of transfer

Woodward didn't start well, but i can see some positive change ( refusing to sign Haaland, based on Raiola demands )

Kroos was to join the 2nd season.. and targeting Fabregas in 2014 was completely unrealistic.

Moyes even wanted Bale, and Ronaldo smh

Transfer business didn’t go really well pre-OGS, but Moyes demands were something else totally.

Man probably felt joining United had automatically given him instant access to superstar players.

Imagine demanding for Bale, Fabregas and Thiago in one transfer summer grin

And he wanted Fellaini and Leighton Baines to join him from Everton..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2020
Ashley Young is a psychopath. I’ve never known someone who actually decided to be bald for 10+ years when their hairline was perfectly fine the whole time.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ravioli(m): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2020
Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc on Jadon Sancho: "Jadon is not only an exceptional footballer who is noticeable on the pitch but now and then also outside the pitch. Sometimes it's not easy for us."

- [Bild via Mirror]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by odizeey(m): 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2020
iheanyi40:
dead bones shall rise again
grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristineC: 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
eph12:
this has to be the first time I hear someone say a team was lucky to win 4-0. are you sure you are not trolling?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2020
SIRcumalot:
With all this Covid 19...wahala.
We may just get to keep pogba nobody get him money now...
Pogba and Bruno for that midfield could be the beginning of something wonderful..

Make them play first..... grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Khaytunechi: 4:19pm On Jun 11, 2020
eph12:

Us getting dominated shouldn't be on Pogba alone, chief. I'm just saying he can play, and flourish as a CM for us.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2020
ChristineC:
this has to be the first time I hear someone say a team was lucky to win 4-0. are you sure you are not trolling?
First time ke? Nah that's not true. You've been around football long enough to have seen this happen a couple of times.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7815) (7816) (7817) (7818) (7819) (7820) (7821) ... (14210) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.