Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,706 members, 7,840,762 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8808411 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8088) (8089) (8090) (8091) (8092) (8093) (8094) ... (14196) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:38am On Jul 20, 2020
airmark:

Rashford throughout the match. grin
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:25am On Jul 20, 2020
airmark:

Rashford throughout the match. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Fuvk, you guys are mean....

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 1:26am On Jul 20, 2020
I did not even watch the match, after watching the spurs/Leicester and saw the line up, I knew there is trouble. I wasnt even hurt about the loss, my anger is that almost everything some of us has been saying happened in one match. I watched the replay of the full match I saw:

1. Maguire - I have been among after big supporter, but his performance his the restart has been abysmal. I hope he sort himself out, with his age, he need to step up, Stam had the same issues but bounced back. He needs to be stripped of the captain band.

2. Lindelof - This guy is just weak, wery weak, he needs to be benched. This guys is same calibre with Christensen of Chelsea. Very jittery, weak, bullied easily and horrible in air.

3. Williams: young graduate, another spirited display will learn soon and fast. I remembered how TAA was skinned severally by Rashford 2 years ago, look at him today. But this is to show us how important shaw is to this squad, since his injury, that left attack is dead.

4. Our Attack: I can't blame them for the I'd.iotic Ole's tactics. But James is young but not Premiership quality. We can offer him to newly promoted leeds united. Giggs played bad politics here, he should never recommend any player to us again, as well as his fellow " class of 92, they need to disband that group, all of them lack intelligence off the field.

DDG: people said we have agenda against him. Lol. At least Kudos to chelsea fans for admitting that Kepa is shi.it, and rightly call him out, but here we find all manner of excuses for him. I said earlier that his previous mistakes will not be the last, but was berated, I have been privileged to watch a lot of EPL matches, and see other GKs. DDG is not among the top 10. (I am even being conservative), and Kepa is clearly better than him. DDG has past his sell-by-date, he cannot recover, this is as crystal clear as anything, his era is gone, give him another 4-5 matches he will commit another howler. FERGIE can never tolerate this. Tim Howard committed just one error vs Porto, fergie benched him immediately with useless Roy Carroll. I remembered very vividly, as patient as Wenger, he benched Lehmman immediately after the invincible season with unproven Alumunia, after just 1 error against Blackburn rovers, and easy goal vs Fulham, even when arsenal won both matches. Ole should recall Henderson and make him the no1. As simple as ABC, all those talks of hin not being ready is bull shit. I know I will again be bashed and slammed for this by FC de gea. But then truth must be told. Meanwhile DDG is my man, I like him, but no sentiments in Business(Football).

Finally, I think nothing spoil, if someone offered us the prospect of gaining at least one points each from our final 2 matches to qualify for UCL, we would have grabbed it with both arms. Let's close in on that and have a crack on Europa league to get seeded for next season UCL.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 1:35am On Jul 20, 2020
ChristineC:
it wouldn't be long before Ole starts taking a hard long look at David de Gea. it's becoming ridiculous now.
Romero was trying hard not to show his disappointment.

OGS is a dullard jare.........Lampard would rather use an academy player than always relying on players that mess up. E.g. Rudiger, Abraham, Alonso, etc...He is already looking for a replacement for Kepa.

Initally, we said our midfield was the issue, we bought Bruno to free Pogba, but it seems the midfield is getting weaker.........the defence has Maguire, Lindelof, AWB, Shaw, Bailey, TFM, Williams, but we are still complaining. We have very good players upfront, I know that the likes of James are technically limited, but they are useful when playing counter-attacks. We need to realise that we have a team, we dont have a manager. He needs to play to the strenght of his players. We can give OGS like 3-4 years to get it right or just free him.

The players are not the problem, the team is a reflection of the manager's level of smartness, ability to handle pressure, toughness and tactical acumen. If De Gea or Pogba messes up in a game put them on the bench. If Rashford plays rubbish, let him feel your wrath from the touch line, if Bruno is misplacing passes, tell him to calm down......that's how to manage a team.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 20, 2020
EveryScummy claiming they didn’t watch the match grin cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 1:41am On Jul 20, 2020
BARAJ92:
What is the essence of using your second choice keeper when you have a capable second choice keeper. We could have use a more weaken team and win this match.

Bro speak English na grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 1:43am On Jul 20, 2020
pamcode:
Even World most expensive defender - Magwaya? This life Just too difficult.

Abeg which DJ go handle this overnight party. Airmark abeg make we do am like that season wey we party for one week on top this thread.
He who laughs last....... Laughs best.

You guys, especially diggz earned my respect that day cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nezzjnr: 2:03am On Jul 20, 2020
My beloved club cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:12am On Jul 20, 2020
pamcode:
Even World most expensive defender - Magwaya? This life Just too difficult.

Abeg which DJ go handle this overnight party. Airmark abeg make we do am like that season wey we party for one week on top this thread.
He who laughs last....... Laughs best.

He who laugh last laugh best? How? These chelshit fans are limited in knowledge ooo. SMH
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by thorrvik55(m): 2:41am On Jul 20, 2020
The Manchester United squad without the backing of VAR:

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:54am On Jul 20, 2020
nitrogen:

OGS is a dullard jare.........Lampard would rather use an academy player than always relying on players that mess up. E.g. Rudiger, Abraham, Alonso, etc...He is already looking for a replacement for Kepa.

Initally, we said our midfield was the issue, we bought Bruno to free Pogba, but it seems the midfield is getting weaker.........the defence has Maguire, Lindelof, AWB, Shaw, Bailey, TFM, Williams, but we are still complaining. We have very good players upfront, I know that the likes of James are technically limited, but they are useful when playing counter-attacks. We need to realise that we have a team, we dont have a manager. He needs to play to the strenght of his players. We can give OGS like 3-4 years to get it right or just free him.

The players are not the problem, the team is a reflection of the manager's level of smartness, ability to handle pressure, toughness and tactical acumen. If De Gea or Pogba messes up in a game put them on the bench. If Rashford plays rubbish, let him feel your wrath from the touch line, if Bruno is misplacing passes, tell him to calm down......that's how to manage a team.

Ole got his tactics wrong. But even SAF, Ariggo Sachi, Nigel Clough or Matt Busby can't do much if their GK commits 2 ridiculous howlers in quick succession. That's 2-0. If Schmeichel had committed 2 howlers in 1999 UCL final, Fergie wouldn't have been knighted. Or if Van der sar had scuffed Drogba and Ballack's shot to give chelsea a 2-0 lead in moscow do you think we will win UCL? I not Ole's fan, but he can't do pretty much in this kind of circumstances. I only blame Ole cos we all saw it coming, name any manager in living memory that would have tolerated a GK who accounted for up to 10 dropped points in a single season

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:55am On Jul 20, 2020
Bailly ruined the Plans. He should be sold for Anything. He's too injury prone for my liking. The Game was balance, though boring, until the Fool got injured.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 2:59am On Jul 20, 2020
Oasis007:
Bailly ruined the Plans. He should be sold for Anything. He's too injury prone for my liking. The Game was balance, though boring, until the Fool got injured.

Another angle, Bailly is unreliable. Again that's down to the manager, we dont do sentiments and sympathy with proffesional football.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by larride(m): 3:35am On Jul 20, 2020
Ole needs a long look at himself.

Back to back bottling job should really calls for concern. Everything there’s something on the line, we always flatter. It can’t be coincidence anymore. This team doesn’t have any mental strength to go all the way.

It’s an FA cup semi final and you started with a formation that we haven’t used since the restart. Who the fûck starts a strike partnership of James and Rashford against Chelsea. I don’t even buy the talk about top 4 finish, we have West Ham at OT which we should beat if we consider ourselves to be a serious team so that’s not even a genuine excuse for the dross formation, tactics and personnel deployed for this loss. To compound Ole foolishness, he still brought in all those players that he should have started in the first place. Whatever Ighalo has to do to start a match or even Romero.

The whole team was absolutely shite. None stood out. Absolute shite everyone of them but special mentions to DDG, Fred and Williams. While Williams can be excused and Fred can be excused a little, DDG has no excuse whatsoever with those howlers. It’s embarrassing that a top top goalie like DDG will make those blunders. A time on the bench to reconsider his life priorities is very needed. The less said about Magwaya, Libdelof and AWB the better.

Terrible performance all round. Tueh angry

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:47am On Jul 20, 2020
cheesy

DDG is ridiculously depreciating as Naira. If the other GKs ain't trusted to challenging him, it's better they're discarded, while Henderson stays for next Season.

OGS killed the Game himself. We ain't trailing, while replacing Bailly with Martial? Impatience? Overconfidence? TFM should have come in for Bailly to maintain the 3 at Back until Bluus are worn out in the 2nd half.

Then you can bring your best Legs, Martial for James, Pogba for Fred while Williams makes way for Greenwood. He read the Match poorly and he paid for it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:49am On Jul 20, 2020
CapitalCee:

Another angle, Bailly is unreliable. Again that's down to the manager, we dont do sentiments and sympathy with proffesional football.

You're right. If they ain't good enough, send them packing. Football Clubs ain't charitable Organizations. They're paid in thousand £s on weekly basis to entertain us and win Matches fffs!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:50am On Jul 20, 2020
It's time for DDG to play from Bench henceforth. Let him go and sort out his Confidence pls. Romero should be in Goal for rest of Season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:58am On Jul 20, 2020
CapitalCee:

Ole got his tactics wrong. But even SAF, Ariggo Sachi, Nigel Clough or Matt Busby can't do much if their GK commits 2 ridiculous howlers in quick succession. That's 2-0. If Schmeichel had committed 2 howlers in 1999 UCL final, Fergie wouldn't have been knighted. Or if Van der sar had scuffed Drogba and Ballack's shot to give chelsea a 2-0 lead in moscow do you think we will win UCL? I not Ole's fan, but he can't do pretty much in this kind of circumstances. I only blame Ole cos we all saw it coming, name any manager in living memory that would have tolerated a GK who accounted for up to 10 dropped points in a single season

I don't disagree with you on the howlers from De Gea. My point is, OGS should get the stick for everything. Normally, a manager keeps a non performing player on the bench for a reset. DDG has been costing us points since only God knows when.

Also, he needs to up his game (re: selection and in-game management), we cannot continue like this now. Even though Baba bought two defenders, two attacking midfielders, and has Ighalo, United is still struggling to improve performance level above what it was in previous years.

Finally, he needs to find a way to motivate and get the best out of these boys when we play very important games, we can't continue like this now.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:59am On Jul 20, 2020
Oasis007:
It's time for DDG to play from Bench henceforth. Let him go and sort out his Confidence pls. Romero should be in Goal for rest of Season.

grin grin

OGS says hi

Dont experrerit Bro
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 20, 2020
With this squad + Sancho, A pacy defender and Striker, we can compete for Premier league title.

I laugh....

It is well....hmmmm

We are sha enjoying football grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 4:12am On Jul 20, 2020
Tundexi:
With this squad + Sancho, A pacy defender and Striker, we can compete for Premier league title.

I laugh....

It is well....hmmmm

We are sha enjoying football grin

It's true, nothing wrong with the squad, it's the same team that won consecutive games with 3 goals per game. The problem is that there are games that test your mentality and tactical acumen, you typically win such games with scores like 1:0 or 2:1, e.g. vs Southampton, or the other games that we drew.

We dont need to spend more to make top 4, we need resilience, determination, improved mentality, and sensible inputs from the manager. Very important.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:32am On Jul 20, 2020
nitrogen:

I don't disagree with you on the howlers from De Gea. My point is, OGS should get the stick for everything. Normally, a manager keeps a non performing player on the bench for a reset. DDG has been costing us points since only God knows when.

Also, he needs to up his game (re: selection and in-game management), we cannot continue like this now. Even though Baba bought two defenders, two attacking midfielders, and has Ighalo, United is still struggling to improve performance level above what it was in previous years.

Finally, he needs to find a way to motivate and get the best out of these boys when we play very important games, we can't continue like this now.

Your final paragraph nailed it. We lack mental strength that's why I would have preferred we hammer west ham, to have a safety net versus Liecester.

But this loss in general is not a disaster, it's only a lesson. But the big question is: WILL OLE LEARN? I hope he prove me wrong.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 4:45am On Jul 20, 2020
nitrogen:

It's true, nothing wrong with the squad, it's the same team that won consecutive games with 3 goals per game. The problem is that there are games that test your mentality and tactical acumen, you typically win such games with scores like 1:0 or 2:1, e.g. vs Southampton, or the other games that we drew.

We dont need to spend more to make top 4, we need resilience, determination, improved mentality, and sensible inputs from the manager. Very important.

You are correct. If it was Fergie, he will win that Southampton game. God help you and you are the culprit for the team draw, you will be castrated. No matter whom you are.
Beckham, Stam, Keane, Van Nistelrooy and Barthez are people that fergie booted out of the team, None of these our current players can lace any of these people's boot. I mean none. I remembered 2009 UCL R/16 match with Inter away, Fergie benched Rooney, for poor performance in the last EPL match, not minding that he was superb that season. But now we here, " Oh dont drop him, he saved us from relegation"
" Oh he scored many goals last season" and so on .Lol. It's just funny. Ole needs to be hard, fair and firm like Lampard. Lampard doesn't joke, it's either you perform or you Bleep off

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NinjaMetahuman: 5:39am On Jul 20, 2020
Choi Monday morning

Everywhere tears, wailing and crying

Omase o. Who die? cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NinjaMetahuman: 5:40am On Jul 20, 2020
These anguish, pain, ranting and tears were brought to you by
This guy grin

A round of applause

17 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by NinjaMetahuman: 5:47am On Jul 20, 2020
Lol they are even blaming Bailey

Someone that got his head broken by 2 giant strong heads in the space of 5minutes should keep playing? grin grin

Even kamaru Usman or Tyson fury won't stand such head headbutt without getting koed.

Scummies ehn grin

18 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 6:16am On Jul 20, 2020
See wetin Degea cause.....

Guys no fit sleep grin cheesy grin cheesy

There's no way Bailly will survive that clash with Zouma and Maguire's 80kg head.

When I abuse Lindelof, some guys will be saying he is CALM....... I guess calm in making school boy errors....... even the rubbish ball playing always associated with him, I will still pick Bailly in that regard.

I won't be surprised if we fail to win West Ham.... I can bet anything that this slow poke of a coach will start Degea.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 20, 2020
Well well well, morning fellas, how was una night? Lool
About yesterday's game, I'm not even angry or sad that we lost [strange though], for all the Chelsea dominance and how we played poorly yet the 3 goals we conceded were gk howlers plus defensive errors altogether, not taking anything away from Chelsea though [they deserved the win]...we are our own worst enemy right now from Degea to Magwaya to Lindelof to James etc, and what is this analogy about Bailly costing us the match? Did he deliberately injure himself, If anything it shows how important that guy is to our backline. If Ole don't do something real quick, we ain't winning shit with this our defense oo considering the horrible form of Degea and Magwaya. The season ain't over yet, I pray we finish on a high and give a good shot at Europa. GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:07am On Jul 20, 2020
BikeMan:
Eph12 chatting shite normal normal

Eph12 is out of his mind lately. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by airmark(m): 7:12am On Jul 20, 2020
postdigger:
So the rumours were true? Some of the post I bookmarked to be digged today has been edited.

Common that's not fair na angry angry sad

To them in war, all is fair. So, the cowards see everything to be fair.

Afrodoc suddenly remembered he has patients to give agbo and opa eyin. Man just disappeared with his 'lean guard'. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 20, 2020
Oasis007:
So of all the persons to blame for yesterday's disaster-class na Bailly take the bite for you?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by postdigger(m): 7:20am On Jul 20, 2020
airmark:

To them in war, all is fair. So, the cowards see everything to be fair.

Afrod oc suddenly remembered he has patients to give agbo and opa eyin. Man just disappeared with his 'lean guard'. grin
Wtf? grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8088) (8089) (8090) (8091) (8092) (8093) (8094) ... (14196) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.