Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,960 members, 7,848,897 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:43 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8832446 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8131) (8132) (8133) (8134) (8135) (8136) (8137) ... (14208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Messi, Aguero.. see the names you dey call because of Rashford argument.. Chai grin

That boils down to what i have been saying since....... Formations, style of play depends on the players you have.

Imagine a style of football where you want your striker to have 0 goal, 0 assist and 0 shot on goal..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 24, 2020
Expert17:

That boils down to what i have been saying since....... Formations, style of play depends on the players you have.

Imagine a style of football where you want your striker to have 0 goal, 0 assist and 0 shot on goal..... cheesy cheesy cheesy

These are exceptions. Exceptions.

Rashford will not walk into the France National team starting eleven. Eod
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:56pm On Jul 24, 2020
GloryIsaac:

These are exceptions. Exceptions.

Rashford will not walk into the France National team starting eleven. Eod

Rashford was in the team when we had Ibrahimovic as our top 9 and when Lukaku took over......

Giroud will deny him the chance to play in France line up. I agree
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 12:01am On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmm!

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:11am On Jul 25, 2020
Panther7:
They have the same goal but how many goals does rashford have from open play? Baba has scored 6 penalties and martial has none

Is that why Rashford always end the season with more goals and assists than Martial for the past 3-4 seasons??

If Martial is good in taking PK, he will surely play
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:07am On Jul 25, 2020
Expert17:

cool cool

The same Rashford always gap Martial in goals contribution ( goals + assists ) every season since his debut (4-5 years now)....

Rashford is more matured and you can rely on him in big games.

The same France team that Martial can't enter, Rashford will walk straight into that team...
Rashford will make it into a French team where Lemar, Lacazette and Martial are struggling to get into...Man, you've got jokes...

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:14am On Jul 25, 2020
Leyqute:

I don’t think so bro.

Players get injured all the time. Pogba was also injured early on in the season and that has negatively impacted our season.

Doesn’t mean he carried the team on his ankles.

Stress fractures are due to STRESS bro. It is almost always due to overwork.

And when a young, fit athlete gets a stress fracture in his spine it is almost 100% because he is exercising or competing too much and not resting enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 1:14am On Jul 25, 2020
Expert17:

cool cool

You don't expect Benzema or Rashford to be in the team and Deschamps will suscribe to Target Man football by opting for Giroud....

It's simple.....when we had Lukaku we played to his strength (crossing and high ball) now we have Martial we are playing to his strength ( quick exchange of ball),.....

High ball, Lukaku's strength? The same Lukaku we all know? Okay o!

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:32am On Jul 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
Rashford will make it into a French team where Lemar, Lacazette and Martial are struggling to get into...Man, you've got jokes...

Who da fuk is Lemar?

Lemar showed 1 good season of football in a Monaco system that made Mendy and Sidibe look like world beaters.

The French themselves who have known Lacazette since childhood know that he is a limited player, that’s why he gets dropped without much uproar.

Martial lost his place in that France World Cup squad because JM brought in Sánchez in Jan 2018 to displace an in form Martial from the LW.

Rashford gets into the squad easily but whether he makes the first team I don’t know.

Mbappe and Rashford on the same team would be nasty though.

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:13am On Jul 25, 2020
If #MUFC lose on Sunday they will record their lowest points total in a Premier League season. #muzone [Opta]

Who would believe shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:17am On Jul 25, 2020
Leyqute:

This is wrong. Rashford does not create space for his full back to run into. He usually hugs the wing, gets the ball, does a little tippy-tappy with it, and then passes back to the LB.

Martial has the same MO, but he is better with the ball on the wing.

Rashford has a blistering pace and it aids him in counters. However, M9 is no pushover in counter attacking football either. His pace is not bad and he’ll probably have the better end result than Rashy because he makes better decisions (instead of dribbling himself into a cul de sac).

The only area where Rashy really trumps him is in tracking back and helping the defense.
Passes it back to the LB because he's not making that run. There are enough spaces for the lb to run forward to jare.

Same way Maguire is moving forward and the lb is not moving too. At the end he has to pass the ball to the lb on the same line instead of a more threatening advanced position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:34am On Jul 25, 2020
eph12:

Passes it back to the LB because he's not making that run. There are enough spaces for the lb to run forward to jare.

You get agenda against Shaw. cheesy

First it was in the Maguire case now it is Rashford’s.

1) Shaw has actually been making more runs since the restart, just that the forwards have not been able to convert some of his passes.

2) There is less space for the LB to run to compared to the RB because almost all of our first team forwards apart from Greenwood prefer to be on the left, hence our team (and consequently the opposition) drifts and chokes up our left leaving acres of space for our RB to run into.

3) Even though Rashford’s game has altered a bit since his injury he still hugs the left touchline more than Greenwood on the right. Greenwood comes infield more giving more space for the RB.

3) Lindelof on the right passes the ball early to his RB and RW unlike Maguire who spends 7 days and 7 nights on the ball before WALKING towards them and THEN passing the ball.
Someone should tell slabhead that the ball moves faster than a human being.

It is not rocket science. Just a simple sturvs.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:39am On Jul 25, 2020
afrodoc2:

You get agenda against Shaw. cheesy

First it was in the Maguire case now it is Rashford’s.

1) Shaw has actually been making more runs since the restart, just that the forwards have not been able to convert some of his passes.

2) There is less space for the LB to run to compared to the RB because almost all of our first team forwards apart from Greenwood prefer to be on the left, hence our team (and consequently the opposition) drifts and chokes up our left leaving acres of space for our RB to run into.

3) Even though Rashford’s game has altered a bit since his injury he still hugs the left touchline more than Greenwood on the right. Greenwood comes infield more giving more space for the RB.

3) Lindelof on the right passes the ball early to his RB and RW unlike Maguire who spends 7 days and 7 nights on the ball before WALKING towards them and THEN passing the ball.
Someone should tell slabhead that the ball moves faster than a human being.

It is not rocket science. Just a simple sturvs.
Shaw ke? I was referring to Williams. We were doing quite fine with Shaw and he should have had a couple of assists.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:45am On Jul 25, 2020
patrickmuf:

Who the fvck is Lemar, LacaLaca and Martial?
Why don't you say Gignac and Joelinton...

If you think these 3 players are better than Rashford you've got bigger jokes....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:47am On Jul 25, 2020
patrickmuf:
High ball, Lukaku's strength? The same Lukaku we all know? Okay o!

It's not part of his strength?

Left to you Martial is better than Messi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:48am On Jul 25, 2020
eph12:

Shaw ke? I was referring to Williams. We were doing quite fine with Shaw and he should have had a couple of assists.

Willians is good going forward. You can take that to the bank. Whether RB or LB.
However the same issues that i listed for Shaw also apply to Williams. The LB does not get the ball in time and with the right spacing.

Compare that with AWB who gets a couple of seconds to struggle to control the ball on the right because he usually has acres of space around him.

I watched Williams in the youth team for enough years to be certain that making overlapping runs is not his problem at all, defensive discipline and focus is.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 4:54am On Jul 25, 2020
afrodoc2:

Willians is good going forward. You can take that to the bank. Whether RB or LB.
However the same issues that i listed for Shaw also apply to Williams. The LB does not get the ball in time and with the right spacing.

Compare that with AWB who gets a couple of seconds to struggle to control the ball on the right because he usually has acres of space around him.

I watched Williams in the youth team for enough years to be certain that making overlapping runs is not his problem at all, defensive discipline and focus is.
Lol I'm not going to be dragged to AWB cheesy

If you insist others are to blame for William inability to go down to the byline whether inside or outside Rashford, well okay then. He has his talent, yeah, just haven't seen that confidence in the last couple of games. I'm not addressing his season in total, just last couple of games
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 5:01am On Jul 25, 2020
eph12:

Lol I'm not going to be dragged to AWB cheesy

If you insist others are to blame for William inability to go down to the byline whether inside or outside Rashford, well okay then. He has his talent, yeah, just haven't seen that confidence in the last couple of games. I'm not addressing his season in total, just last couple of games

Lol you want to drag him over the last couple of games?

Hehehe.

Someone who is obviously still suffering the ill effects of his head injury, likely has significant concussion symptoms.

If not for our desperate situation and the EPL’s lax health policy he would likely not even be allowed to play.
NFL would likely have forced him to sit out those games.

It’s like those who have been dragging Rashford unnecessarily since the restart don’t know what a stress fracture in the back can do to you.

Rashford has been measuring how many times he runs and even how fast he runs like someone measuring derica of rice. My hope is that he recovers from it.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:32am On Jul 25, 2020
Let’s call a spade a spade.

Recovering from a stress fracture can affect your athletisms, right. However, it shouldn’t hinder you from making the right decisions on the pitch nor cause you to misplace easy passes every now and then.

It’s not as if those defects weren’t present before the injury.

If a player isn’t performing well, let’s say he isn’t performing well. It’s not an attempt to bring down the player. There’s room for improvement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Panther7(m): 6:46am On Jul 25, 2020
Expert17:

Is that why Rashford always end the season with more goals and assists than Martial for the past 3-4 seasons??

If Martial is good in taking PK, he will surely play
More goals than martial grin with a difference of just 2 goals every season, mind you Rashford makes more appearances than martial with at least 10 more games. Hope you don't have any agenda against martial cheesy grin grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 6:49am On Jul 25, 2020
Martial FC is here grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 7:10am On Jul 25, 2020
afrodoc2:

Lol you want to drag him over the last couple of games?

Hehehe.

Someone who is obviously still suffering the ill effects of his head injury, likely has significant concussion symptoms.

If not for our desperate situation and the EPL’s lax health policy he would likely not even be allowed to play.
NFL would likely have forced him to sit out those games.

It’s like those who have been dragging Rashford unnecessarily since the restart don’t know what a stress fracture in the back can do to you.

Rashford has been measuring how many times he runs and even how fast he runs like someone measuring derica of rice. My hope is that he recovers from it.
Looks like injuries derailed our season a lot. Hopefully with a more improved squad with solid bench, we can do much better next season. We really need to put the fear of God into those smaller teams cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:20am On Jul 25, 2020
Leyqute:
Let’s call a spade a spade.

Recovering from a stress fracture can affect your athletisms, right. However, it shouldn’t hinder you from making the right decisions on the pitch nor cause you to misplace easy passes every now and then.

It’s not as if those defects weren’t present before the injury.

If a player isn’t performing well, let’s say he isn’t performing well. It’s not an attempt to bring down the player. There’s room for improvement.

There is always room for improvement and i have always said when it comes to natural talent Greenwood and Martial are a level above Rashford. Hence my view that Rashford would be the likely long term casualty if Sancho comes in.

However Rashford has always made up for his technical and decision making shortcomings with superior work rate and pace, so it is not surprising that he struggles whenever he can't call on his athleticism.
His decision making continues to improve, it is actually his lack of aggression and pace since the restart that has made him struggle. He is not playing with confidence because his body is not giving him the confidence he normally has.

We should just hope he recovers that athletic ability and pace as well as his confidence. He will never have the finishing ability, decision making or link up play of Martial or Greenwood AND they will never have his peak pace and work rate.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:26am On Jul 25, 2020
eph12:

Looks like injuries derailed our season a lot. Hopefully with a more improved squad with solid bench, we can do much better next season. We really need to put the fear of God into those smaller teams cheesy

A lot. A whole lot.

Pogba, Martial, Rashford.

We have accumulated the most points since the restart. And are in the top 2 since January.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:27am On Jul 25, 2020
I think the FA Cup Q/final played a huge role in OGS’ decision to keep playing the same team every 3 days. He simply lost his trust in some players.

McTom and Fred were tasked with breaking down Norwich, along with James, Ighalo and others. Romero also conceded from the first shot on target, I think. The players couldn’t get the desired results. He had to bring in the players he rested to get a result.

At some point he will have to reconsider his opinions of some of them.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 25, 2020
Good thing Leicester are having their own set of injury crisis... tips it further in our favor.

Players like Morgan are expected to start that match.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 25, 2020
Leyqute:

I think the FA Cup Q/final played a huge role in OGS’ decision to keep playing the same team every 3 days. He simply lost his trust in some players.

McTom and Fred were tasked with breaking down Norwich, along with James, Ighalo and others. Romero also conceded from the first shot on target, I think. The players couldn’t get the desired results. He had to bring in the players he rested to get a result.

Left to OGS, if not for fear of not being able to replace quickly, he’ would have offloaded way more players already.

I believe Fred & McTom though, they’ve proven themselves before.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 7:33am On Jul 25, 2020
Leyqute:

The trick in resting players is to rest some and play some, not rest en masse. For example if you rest Pogba you still start Bruno, or if you rest Bruno and Pogba you must start the front 3 of Martial, Rashford, Greenwood.

Ole will rest the whole starting midfield and 2 of the starting attack in one fell swoop. That is a recipe for disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:36am On Jul 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:
Good thing Leicester are having their own set of injury crisis... tips it further in our favor.

Due to Soyuncu’s red card, Leicester have been playing with 3 CBs. Fortunately for us, they’re all slow and lack pace. The spaces beside and behind them can be exploited.

Rodgers went offensive against Tottenham and suffered massively for it.

If he does same against us, he’ll be toast. We only have to let him. But Olé might think otherwise.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:39am On Jul 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Left to OGS, if not for fear of not being able to replace quickly, he’ would have offloaded way more players already.

I believe Fred & McTom though, they’ve proven themselves before.

I’m all for McTom. I don’t trust Fred.

Some of them can be squad players. It’s just that there’s too much at stake to take risks at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2020
GloryIsaac:

Ok cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2020
afrodoc2:

The trick in resting players is to rest some and play some, not rest en masse. For example if you rest Pogba you still start Bruno, or if you rest Bruno and Pogba you must start the front 3 of Martial, Rashford, Greenwood.

Ole will rest the whole starting midfield and 2 of the starting attack in one fell swoop. That is a recipe for disaster.

I think Ole still hasn’t gotten things figured out. Or hasn’t learned enough about his players to know how to make deputies for the first team players. Or maybe the quality gap between the first team and others is so wide.

Plus the FA cup Q/final was a test for those players.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8131) (8132) (8133) (8134) (8135) (8136) (8137) ... (14208) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.