Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8720101 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2012
we need some miracle cure to get some central defenders back fit, or its going be a long start of the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
[size=15pt]HOW MARKET?

YAYA KASUA?

BAWO NI OJA?
[/size]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AjanleKoko: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2012
^^
Bros.
Ko Eaziee embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2012
@ Montelik

Did lack of central defenders cause you to stop creating upfront?

Over £100m of attacking talent on display performed worse than Everton's journeymen. It's a f**king disgrace. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ritchboy(m): 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
montelik: why is it carrick marking fellaini not vida. he just totally owned poor carrick.

Of course Fellaini targeted Carrick intentionally. You want Vidic to go and double-team Fellaini and leave a massive hole on the other side?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mukina2: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2012
It was always going to be a tough match. We definitely needed some defenders out there today as the pressure Everton put on our defence was too much. Could definitely do with Rooney/Nani getting their act together asap. Both very very poor today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
Okay, play was better than it was in the first half, but still piss-poor in the final third.
Rooney came back up but it was too little too late.
Welbeck was useless and there wasn't much RVP could do for anyone under the circumstances.

I still think playing Valencia in RB was a waste of good resource.
Okay, let's say Fergie's hands were tied, but forsaking width in favour of a clogged MF?? Sheesh.
Young and Nani shoulda manned the right and left wings respectively. I'm still pained about that wasted left wing.

Can't wait to see Jones, Rio and Smalling back. Unfortunately, each one still has at least a month out.

All in all, I hate that we lost, and I hope our next game is a lot better.

MOTM= Fellaini.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nateevs(m): 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
Seeing United lose is always a delight. E-champagne for Fellaini for making my day.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
positives are ddg is still a phenomenal shot stopper, kagawa was very impressive, cleverley was neat and tidy but overwhelmed covering for Scholes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
Tile tile i go knack u akpakoooooooooooo i go knack u ampakoooo oya knack am, knack am knack am. Fellaini knack am oooooo.

Ginger ginja aka swagga swagga
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
montelik: positives are ddg is still a phenomenal shot stopper, kagawa was very impressive, cleverley was neat and tidy but overwhelmed covering for Scholes.

I don't think we watched the same Cleverley grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
Cristalz:

I don't think we watched the same Cleverley grin

He did well but considering Scholes as midfield partner is a minus one, he was overwhelmed. Scholes could have been sent off with his poor tackling and persistent fouling.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
montelik: positives are ddg is still a phenomenal shot stopper, kagawa was very impressive, cleverley was neat and tidy but overwhelmed covering for Scholes.

Dude your comments are getting worse, first you blame CBs while Everton get more shots on target, then you say Cleverley who missed an empty goal neat and tidy? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
next game Rafael plays right back so Valencia can play wing. Nani can be doing his "megede fegede" on the left. there is no difference between his inconsistency and Young's predictability, let them juke it out until either of them reaches form. Also please no Scholes unless he partners Carrick, who can effectively pick up his slack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
debosky:

Dude your comments are getting worse, first you blame CBs while Everton get more shots on target, then you say Cleverley who missed an empty goal neat and tidy? grin

missed or Jagielka cleared his goal-bound shot off the line. did you watch, or were you listening with transistor radio. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
montelik:

He did well but considering Scholes as midfield partner is a minus one, he was overwhelmed. Scholes could have been sent off with his poor tackling and persistent fouling.
I'm telling you I honestly didn't notice the guy for at least 10 minutes into the game. grin
He was in a catatonic state half the time. Why do you think he got subbed?
Scholes was poor but at least he wasn't catatonic.

Gosh, I'm cringing at the terms I'm having to use. Really bad performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
1025: ah! the better team will win today. i will watch the match because howard webb is not involved.

it is on record that the post above was made at about 1:57pm today and it is about 10:18 pm now so i ask, HOW MARKET? one thing is obvious about man u - CONTROVERSY.
in which other league of this world will vidic get away with such an open foul? what about the penalty? well, the good thing is that the better side won thanks to the absence of howard webb.
THEIR NEXT MATCH, SOMETHING IN ME(THE SMALL BOY IN ME IS SHOUTING HOWARD WEBB) IS TELLING ME THAT HOWARD WEBB WILL BE AT THE CENTRE.
pls, did that new signing play? i mean shinji kegawa the one they were comparing with my HAZARD-IOUS machine. i sawone small boy running up and down the pitch with jersey no 26, NA HIM?
then again, this is EPL very very different from PRE-SEASON.
everton outplayed man u in all departments but their keeper saved them the embarrassment otherwise, we were going to see another bashing before the meeting with man city.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
no steel in midfield(playing 2 attack minded players in central midfield),4 central defenders already injured,over elaboration in play,playing far far too narrow.
the positives were kagawa and de gea.also offensively valencia is zero as a fullback.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by folahann(m): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
Is Chicharito a one season wonder?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
he could turn out to be if he doesn't develop his game.he is a great poacher but a mediocre footballer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
I always say this if Nani is going to have a good game you would know within the first 30mins. That aside what I saw was almost Arsenalesque! Horizontal passes in the final edge without no conviction or cutting edge. Aside from the corner kick I am not sure I saw Van Pasee the rest of the match

You guys should organize a testimonial for Scholes already! What the feck is he still doing for yall?

Kagawa would need a strong counter-attacking game to flourish sadly Everton packed the bus right after the goal rendering Kagawa useless
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by olodo(m): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
RVP was like a fish out of water,no shot on target. No song no waLcot NO RvP. Wenger made RVP. No midfield working foR him,no way for him to Shine
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2012
afrodoc: no steel in midfield(playing 2 attack minded players in central midfield),4 central defenders already injured,over elaboration in play,playing far far too narrow.
the positives were kagawa and de gea.also offensively valencia is zero as a fullback.

That was my main grievance.
With all the holes in the team Fergie was trying to plug, he shoulda played to the team's general strength--width.
Okay, let's say he believed it was gonna be a tight MF battle hence the formation, but things went wrong early enough for changes to have been made.
Sometimes you need to just go with your gut and not overthink things.

For those having spasms over RVP, again I say let the dude be.
That MF was messed up way before he came in and there was nothing he could do about it. He isn't a magician.
Any blame laid at his feet tonight is simply unfair and maybe biased.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
Cristalz:
I'm telling you I honestly didn't notice the guy for at least 10 minutes into the game. grin
He was in a catatonic state half the time. Why do you think he got subbed?

Scholes was poor but at least he wasn't catatonic.

Gosh, I'm cringing at the terms I'm having to use. Really bad performance.

Isn't that how Carrick plays for us. nothing flashy, just retain possession, distribute the ball well and cover & tackle when required, you barely notice him. same for cleverley tonight, unlike Scholes who was a liability without possession and useless with it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
A-40:
I always say this if Nani is going to have a good game you would know within the first 30mins. That aside what I saw was almost Arsenalesque! Horizontal passes in the final edge without no conviction or cutting edge. Aside from the corner kick I am not sure I saw Van Pasee the rest of the match

You guys should organize a testimonial for Scholes already! What the feck is he still doing for yall?

Kagawa would need a strong counter-attacking game to flourish sadly Everton packed the bus right after the goal rendering Kagawa useless

We'll let him go when he learns to get thru 2 games in a row without a yellow grin

I agree with the highlighted observation. Was pretty annoying.
Twaz a poor showing on everyone's part, apart from RVP, De Gea, Ando and Young.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Cristalz(f): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
montelik:

Isn't that how Carrick plays for us. nothing flashy, just retain possession, distribute the ball well and cover & tackle when required, you barely notice him. same for cleverley tonight, unlike Scholes who was a liability without possession and useless with it.

No, that is not how Carrick plays for us.
You notice a player when he is working...that's how we get MOTM. When you don't even realize a dude's present, hez napping.
Scholes had an uncoordinated 'n poor game. Cleverley simply had no game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 1025: 11:03pm On Aug 20, 2012
folahann: Is Chicharito a one season wonder?

what do u expect when u have a 98 years ancestor as a coach. fergie's system on auto reverse and that is why when berbatov was leading the goal scoring chat in epl, he pushed him to the bench and when over-hot was worrying chicharito, he brought in welbeck. was tevez not the wonder man while he was on loan at man u yet fergie left him to go? it is obvious fergie wants to take man u back to where he picked them from. apart from howard webb, man u is ordinary. the team is built around howard webb and whenever he is not involved, the team struggle so much.

A-40:

did everton score immediately the game start? where was kegawa before the goal? uncle, he was bought for 15 mil so u don't expect him to wake up like the hazard of 32 mil. the whole plan at man u now is to render that american family that insisted on buying the traditional club of england poor by all means.
how can u buy and keep on the bench a 32 milion berbatov? why are u still buying and not releasing these guys on the bench? u are still paying them weekly wages at the detriment of the club owners.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
Why on God's green earth are we starting with Danny 'Zap.I.N.G' Welbeck when RVP is there on the bench itching to get in on the action!!?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
I may not be down with Arsenal anymore but hey Man U lost and its a public holiday so

All ma ladies all ma ladies. Kukere Kukere Decale Decale Etighi Etighi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBoV1VSpKLo&n
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2012
1025:

what do u expect when u have a 98 years ancestor as a coach. fergie's system on auto reverse and that is why when berbatov was leading the goal scoring chat in epl, he pushed him to the bench and when over-hot was worrying chicharito, he brought in welbeck. was tevez not the wonder man while he was on loan at man u yet fergie left him to go? it is obvious fergie wants to take man u back to where he picked them from
. apart from howard webb, man u is ordinary. the team is built around howard webb and whenever he is not involved, the team struggle so much.

And they say u don't make sense! Shiiiiii

@Cristalz
Why can't Fergie just retire those old muchachos? Scholes and Giggs! Their mate Pippo Inzaghi is already coaching juniors at Milan

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.