Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8793170 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9337) (9338) (9339) (9340) (9341) (9342) (9343) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 14, 2021
Karleb:
Rumor has it, Pochettino now has a trophy.

Some said he didn't know how to celebrate winning a trophy.
Lmao cheesy cheesy

E say na rumour grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 8:47am On Jan 14, 2021
melodyogonna:

I did tell you guys to give the team some time, anyway they were already starting to play well from when you posted
Paafin as well but the dumb oleouters did not agree. They kept on writing trash with confidence. Look at some of the clowns below

paafin:
The Gaffer knows his players in and out and said they need about four to five games to get back to their top fitness levels, Nairaland pundits wants him gone after just two games!

Fake fans!!

patrickmuf:

Five matches is 15 points o! Our rivals won't wait for us.

eph12:

The rest of the league is also waiting for 5 matches na

eph12:

The team is just tired, they are not fit. Give them 5 matches, no need to sign anybody
patrickmuf:
The excuses people put up for Ole is mind blowing.
LostMyZeal:
Preach on brothers cheesy
Let the gospel spread to every blockhead and liberate

With a squad like that
We parked the bus against Brighton and at some point they were looking like Man City

Wtf....and the pressure actually brought the equalizing goal

Na the straw wey break the Camel back be that

2 steps forward and several steps backwards angry

Joezinho:
I wonder the jazz ole dey use on some fans

Imagine someone boldly saying we should wait for the team to play up to five matches to regain match fitness.. Shey Dem nor get fitness trainer ni? Abi man utd is now kwara utd or shooting stars?

5 matches is 15 points and we should wait for dablord to Dab around the pitch like a dog on heat?

We lost the title to shekpites in 2009/2010 season by a single point! We lost it to man city in 2012 on goal difference and some ole fanatics feels we should give the scum and his band of fraudsters 5 games ?

To comot some of una teeth here dey hungry me Sha.
nitrogen:

So, you really think that OGS can do something? That guy is so clueless, can’t you see the insha-allah tactics niiii?

chidexxy007:

lol, the one he has already said the need 4 to 5 games to play at their normal level?
patrickmuf:
4 - 5 games as if our rivals will be waiting for us to pick form. By season ending, we will start saying if the season started in February we would have at least dragged for the title...We need to start strongly.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:50am On Jan 14, 2021
3-5-2 has been our best bet against big teams since Ole was appointed coach...The problem I have with a diamond featuring Pogba, Bruno, Fred and Matic is that Pogba will never track back...

In a 3 - 5 - 2, We can play AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw and Telles with Matic/McTom, Fred and Bruno/Pogba in midfield and in attack, Rashford and Martial...

Of course Ole has to specifically instruct AWB to stick to his position and avoid being dragged into the box by the runs of Mane...The above is us being conservative and playing against their best team.

At the moment, I'd like us to play 4-3-3 with AWB, Bailly,. Maguire and Shaw in defense and in midfield, Fred, Pogba and Bruno...

In attack, Martial, Greenwood and Rashford...Yes, I'll play Greenwood through the middle as he has better movement and is a better finisher but I know Ole will rather PLAY Martial through the middle and Greenwood, out right..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:52am On Jan 14, 2021
Trevor012:

Paafin as well but the dumb oleouters did not agree. They kept on writing trash with confidence. Look at some of the clowns below

You this small boy, was it wrong for us to demand that we start pickibg up points early enough?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leequte: 8:54am On Jan 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
3-5-2 has been our best bet against big teams since Ole was appointed coach...The problem I have with a diamond featuring Pogba, Bruno, Fred and Matic is that Pogba will never track back...

In a 3 - 5 - 2, We can play AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw and Telles with Matic/McTom, Fred and Bruno/Pogba in midfield and in attack, Rashford and Martial...

Of course Ole has to specifically instruct AWB to stick to his position and avoid being dragged into the box by the runs of Mane...The above is us being conservative and playing against their best team.

At the moment, I'd like us to play 4-3-3 with AWB, Bailly,. Maguire and Shaw in defense and in midfield, Fred, Pogba and Bruno...

In attack, Martial, Greenwood and Rashford...Yes, I'll play Greenwood through the middle as he has better movement and is a better finisher but I know Ole will rather PLAY Martial through the middle and Greenwood, out right..

Yet if we lose match na you go first shout OleOut.

Shey you fit follow your own advice?

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2021
Leequte:

Yet if we lose match na you go first shout OleOut.

Shey you fit follow your own advice?
I don't understand...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:01am On Jan 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
You this small boy, was it wrong for us to demand that we start pickibg up points early enough?
Stay In the mud fake fan. With all your gloom and doom after just 2 matches tell us who is in top spot.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:05am On Jan 14, 2021
Trevor012:

Stay In the mud fake fan. With all your gloom and doom after 2 matches tell us who is in top spot.
10mb sub go soon finish...

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:08am On Jan 14, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:16am On Jan 14, 2021
You guys can't even enjoy top position in peace. I bow for una o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 9:27am On Jan 14, 2021
patrickmuf:

3-5-2 is a no-no, mostly because of AWB's brainfart and it also limits our attacking options.

That midfield will not work and here's why:

Fred alone cannot be tasked with building up play and also marking. We will be conceding numerous chances to counters because of his penchant for jumping into tackles (and getting dribbled) high up the pitch instead of slowing down attacks. He always needs another midfielder to be behind him in those occasions, and it's not Pogba. Pogba is getting fitter and stronger but he's not a DM.

A midfield duo of Fred and Pogba is not ideal- it doesn't matter if Bruno is part of the midfield trio: he's more suitable as an AM and plays CM rarely.

And why start the trio of misfiring attackers (who won't cover well for the full backs) and back them with that porous midfield?

The 4-3-3 you listed is a good formation but not with the personnel you suggested. Remove Pogba for McTom and we'll be more covered in midfield but our attack will be quite limited.

I think that 4-2-2-2 I suggested earlier is more balanced. McFred- Pogba, Bruno- Rashford and another attacker (will prefer Cavani or Martial). Greenwood can be a sub.

Note that the 4-2-2-2 formation has 4 players in midfield BUT it is not a diamond (4-1-2-1-2) formation. McFred can provide cover for the back 4 and fullbacks while Pogba and Bruno create goals chances but also defend (centrally ) where needed. The forwards have to be fast and direct.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 9:36am On Jan 14, 2021
patrickmuf:

Five matches is 15 points o! Our rivals won't wait for us.
can you now see that our rivals actually waited for us grin cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 9:40am On Jan 14, 2021
patrickmuf:
There was nothing wrong, all things considered, but you guys didn't consider a lot of things. We were the best premier League team before the season ended, then suddenly the players couldn't run. I thought it was very obvious that they lacked fitness and sharpness. I'm happy they're getting back to full fitness, Martial and Greenwood doesn't seem so sharp to me yet sha

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:09am On Jan 14, 2021
melodyogonna:

There was nothing wrong, all things considered, but you guys didn't consider a lot of things. We were the best premier League team before the season ended, then suddenly the players couldn't run. I thought it was very obvious that they lacked fitness and sharpness. I'm happy they're getting back to full fitness, Martial and Greenwood doesn't seem so sharp to me yet sha

Agreed. OleOut was reigning then and if you offer a different POV you would be shouted down.

I think Martial’s problem is mental though. And Greenwood’s too. Greenwood just needs to calm down and play with his teammates.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 10:21am On Jan 14, 2021
I think #OleOUT and #OleIn (we) grin should sheath their swords for a moment.
Ole is on top of the table.
Pochettino now has a trophy and doing well in France.

Even though #OleOUT fans been no try that time but let's enjoy this moment. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 10:35am On Jan 14, 2021
De gea
AWB Baily Maguire Shaw

Matic Pogba

James Bruno Rashford

Martial

POGBA and MATIC ARE PERFORMING, Mcfred should sit for now.
Playing mcfred will make us limited in attack as those two can't even hold the ball and look for the right pass, that will suit Liverpool well as they would only care about the main threats, rashford and martial /cavani, that is if the 4222 formation is applied. Mcfred only makes us more conservative and limited in attack,They WOULD NEVER DOMINATE AN INFORM TOP TEAM MIDFIELD.

James can take care of robbo
Rashford for TAA

Liverpool are there for the taking, we should ATTACK.

We are now title contenders, we should be bold in big games
We are MANCHESTER UNITED.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2021
Leyqute:

3-5-2 is a no-no, mostly because of AWB's brainfart and it also limits our attacking options.

That midfield will not work and here's why:

Fred alone cannot be tasked with building up play and also marking. We will be conceding numerous chances to counters because of his penchant for jumping into tackles (and getting dribbled) high up the pitch instead of slowing down attacks. He always needs another midfielder to be behind him in those occasions, and it's not Pogba. Pogba is getting fitter and stronger but he's not a DM.

A midfield duo of Fred and Pogba is not ideal- it doesn't matter if Bruno is part of the midfield trio: he's more suitable as an AM and plays CM rarely.

And why start the trio of misfiring attackers (who won't cover well for the full backs) and back them with that porous midfield?

The 4-3-3 you listed is a good formation but not with the personnel you suggested. Remove Pogba for McTom and we'll be more covered in midfield but our attack will be quite limited.

I think that 4-2-2-2 I suggested earlier is more balanced. McFred- Pogba, Bruno- Rashford and another attacker (will prefer Cavani or Martial). Greenwood can be a sub.

Note that the 4-2-2-2 formation has 4 players in midfield BUT it is not a diamond (4-1-2-1-2) formation. McFred can provide cover for the back 4 and fullbacks while Pogba and Bruno create goals chances but also defend (centrally ) where needed. The forwards have to be fast and direct.
I understand the complaint of Mcfred limitation in terms of attacking play but this team score more goals with Fred and Mctominay in the team. The simple pass they give contributes a lot to most of our goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:20am On Jan 14, 2021
BARAJ92:
I understand the complaint of Mcfred limitation in terms of attacking play but this team score more goals with Fred and Mctominay in the team. The simple pass they give contributes a lot to most of our goals.

Not holding brief for Matic/Pogba but we score more goals with McFred primarily because we use them against teams that come out to attack us thereby leaving space behind. Correlation does not imply causation.

Pogba/Matic on the other hand are used against teams that sit back and park the bus across their box limiting space and making life difficult for our attackers.

If you use McFred consistently against teams that sit back you will understand how limited their passing is compared to Matic/Pogba.

This game will be won and lost on the flanks anyway. It is all about Mane, Salah, TAA, Robertson vs AWB, Shaw, Rashford, and Mr X (our other wide forward).

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 11:41am On Jan 14, 2021
LMDyaya:
De gea
AWB Baily Maguire Shaw

Matic Pogba

James Bruno Rashford

Martial

Playing mcfred will make us limited in attack as those two can't even hold the ball and look for the right pass, that will suit Liverpool well as they would only care about the main threats, rashford and martial /cavani, that is if the 4222 formation is applied. Mcfred only makes us more conservative and limited in attack,They WOULD NEVER DOMINATE AN INFORM TOP TEAM MIDFIELD.

Rashford for TAA

Really, what has been our results against supposed good team with Matic and Pogba.

I shall prefer will play without a central forward, Mcfred at the base to give support to the defence. Pogba at the midfield, Bruno as Attack mid fielder, Rashford and Martial as inside forward since but of them don't even play as a central forward in out match
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BARAJ92(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2021
afrodoc2:

Not holding brief for Matic/Pogba but we score more goals with McFred primarily because we use them against teams that come out to attack us thereby leaving space behind. Correlation does not imply causation.

Pogba/Matic on the other hand are used against teams that sit back and park the bus across their box limiting space and making life difficult for our attackers.

If you use McFred consistently against teams that sit back you will understand how limited their passing is compared to Matic/Pogba.

This game will be won and lost on the flanks anyway. It is all about Mane, Salah, TAA, Robertson vs AWB, Shaw, Rashford, and Mr X (our other wide forward).
No doubt about their limited passing skill, the turning point of our season was when the coach turn his faith to Mcfred.

Any formation the coaches chooses, he must not start Matic.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:48am On Jan 14, 2021
afrodoc2:

What is your formation and complete line up?

4-2-2-2.

DDG, AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw, - Matic, Fred- Pogba, Bruno- Martial, Rashford.

Matic to sit permanently at the base to orchestrate play. Fred in CM to mark, he will have to really work hard, Pogba and Bruno to occasionally drop deep to help him out. While Rashford and Martial have a run at their defence. Bruno and Pogba too., but we have to be very clinical.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 11:52am On Jan 14, 2021
Pochettino has won a trophy ooh....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
Oasis007:
Unpopular Opinion: I think Ole should go with 3 - 5 - 2 Formation against Liverpool. I'll prefer Bailly, Maguire and Tuanzebe as the back 3, dealing with Trio of Mane, Firmino and Salah.

Wingbacks of AWB and Shaw handling Robertson and TAA. Matic, Pogba and Bruno in Midfield Battle with Henderson, Wij and Thiago. While Martial and Rashford using their pace, skills to dismantle Liverpool CBs Combo.

Wan bissaka doesnt fit into the 3/5/2 system , he's NOT an attacking RB, you use 3-5-2 when you have players who are comfortable on the ball going forward and Bissaka is not one of them..

Playing Wan Bissaka as RWB against Leipzig was one of the worst managerial decisions I've seen. He simply couldn't restrict angelino further up the pitch, gave him all the room to make a run every time a pass is on. In a 3-5-2/5-3-2, you play AWB as the RCB not RWB..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2021
LMDyaya:
De gea
AWB Baily Maguire Shaw

Matic Pogba

James Bruno Rashford

Martial

Rashford for TAA

We are Manchester United yen yen yen but you haven’t amassed more than 70 points in the last 4 seasons or so. Abeg make we hear word.

This is not Brighton or Fulham. This is Liverpool. We don’t need to go gung-ho on them. We only need to take points off them.

McFred bring agility and athleticism to the team- something Matic and Pogba can’t do. We limit their attack and then we can take points off them and heck, a win is possible too.

Summary: We don’t need to win pretty against Liverpool, all we need is a win. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2021
BARAJ92:

Agreed. They cannot create from deep like Matic but they offer better protection.

Pogba can drop deep from time to time to help in this regard- and that’s if we are not defending. Bruno can do this too.

We don’t need 10 attacking players on the pitch to cause damage vs Liverpool. The way they’ll play makes them easy to attack.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2021
CapitalCee:

4-2-2-2.

DDG, AWB, Bailly, Maguire, Shaw, - Matic, Fred- Pogba, Bruno- Martial, Rashford.

Matic to sit permanently at the base to orchestrate play. Fred in CM to mark, he will have to really work hard, Pogba and Bruno to occasionally drop deep to help him out. While Rashford and Martial have a run at their defence. Bruno and Pogba too., but we have to be very clinical.

Hmm. This is more balanced (Matic for McTom) but we don’t need to orchestrate play from the back. Salah Mane and others will be closing down Fridge and AWB in no time.

Maybe start Cavani and/or Pogba- players who can knock down goal kicks.

Try to play out for the first few minutes and if it doesn’t work, rely on Pogba/Cavani to knock down GKs and then chase second balls. Then quickly attack them and try to shoot anyhow.

A goal in the first half will help us tremendously. An empty Anfield will be of help too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Smellymouth: 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2021
Trevor012:

Stay In the mud fake fan. With all your gloom and doom after just 2 matches tell us who is in top spot.

Imagine this dude calling someone a fake fan.

Well that's ironic.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2021
CapitalCee:

4-2-2-2.

That’s not a bad lineup. The only question is which 2 out of McTom, Fred, Matic will start.

I suspect Amaka will go with that 4-2-2 mainly because of Pogba’s form.
He will want to play both Pogba and Bruno but will field 2 CDMs behind them as insurance.

I am suspecting it will be McFred even though i appreciate Matic’s superiority on the ball.

Whatever line up he uses he must ensue that the tactic matches the lineup.

For example you can’t play Maguire, Matic, Pogba, Lindelof together and be pressing high up the pitch.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
BARAJ92:
Really, what has been our results against supposed good team with Matic and Pogba.

I shall prefer will play without a central forward, Mcfred at the base to give support to the defence. Pogba at the midfield, Bruno as Attack mid fielder, Rashford and Martial as inside forward since but of them don't even play as a central forward in out match

Well,Maybe swap mctom with matic. But with 4222 who will be tasked with tracking robbo and TAA?
Don't tell me martial and rashford that would only make us ultra defensive.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2021
Leyqute:

We are Manchester United yen yen yen but you haven’t amassed more than 70 points in the last 4 seasons or so. Abeg make we hear word.

This is not Brighton or Fulham. This is Liverpool. We don’t need to go gung-ho on them. We only need to take points off them.

McFred bring agility and athleticism to the team- something Matic and Pogba can’t do. We limit their attack and then we can take points off them and heck, a win is possible too.

Summary: We don’t need to win pretty against Liverpool, all we need is a win. SMH.

lol,i am just being over optimistic,

well,playing 4222 wouldnt be bad ,as far as EVERY PLAYER work extremely HARD,We will be fine.

GGMU
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
Trevor012:

You must be a clown, like we’ve won a trophy already, right? Heck we have not even played 19 EPL games yet.

Please stop the shitshow and focus on praying that OGS does not bottle the next cup game and the EPL lead.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
LMDyaya:

lol,i am just being over optimistic,

well,playing 4222 wouldnt be bad ,as far as EVERY PLAYER work extremely HARD,We will be fine.

GGMU

cheesy

We have to win that match. Else we riot

(1) (2) (3) ... (9337) (9338) (9339) (9340) (9341) (9342) (9343) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Cuddler and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.