Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9651) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8718639 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9648) (9649) (9650) (9651) (9652) (9653) (9654) ... (14146) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:41am On Feb 22, 2021
afrodoc2:

I am not comparing o. I just noticed what you said that he misplaced SEVEN SIMPLE passes in the match. O wrong nau!

There was a time people were trying to rope him into one of Maguire's disaster classes i had to defend him. I try not to allow agenda affect my assessment so you should know i am saying this next bit objectively. He is the most careless passer we have in our team. He misplaces passes not because he can't pass the ball but because he is not just bothered to treat each pass as an important action.

There is no one in our team that misplaces simple passes like Fred. Another culprit is Bruno sometimes but at least that one makes up for it with goals and assists and he plays higher up the field. A CM/CDM like Fred should not be that careless with his passes. After studying Fred it appears he actually has good passing ability but is just incredibly careless with the ball.

O wrong nau. O wa too wrong nau.
Everyone in our team misplaces simple passes like Fred. EVERYONE
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 9:48am On Feb 22, 2021
Nobody is criticizing Rashford or Fred or any player unjustly except maybe Trebor but even he isn't entirely wrong in some of his assessments...

Rashford has delivered the goods in terms of goals and assist but it doesn't tell the whole story, they're aspects of his game he needs to improve and pointing it out shouldn't be mistaken for unfair criticism...

Fred too is sloppy on the ball so I don't see why it is a problem if someone demands that he improves his passing and ball retention...

During the game, Martial at some point dropped into the AMF position to receive the ball but someone here said Martial is taking up Bruno's space when in all honesty, the space was left open as Bruno had moved higher up the pitch. Big teams do it but here it's a problem because it's Martial...A Martial fan in that instance will argue that Martial had to drop deep for lack of supply but that is irrelevant now as we won the game...

Martial won't make those runs behind and even if he does, he gets easily frustrated when the ball doesn't get to him compared to Cavani who will keep making those runs in hope that one time, he will be presented with a chance...I rather if Martial must start he be surrounded with players who are comfortable playing ball to feet with quick passing to create opportunities in crowded spaces and in our team, I can only think of Greenwood, Mata, Bruno and Pogba who can play to his strengths and of the aforementioned, Mata and Greenwood are not guaranteed starters and Pogba is out injured...Cavani and Rashford are ready to make those runs and are very direct in their play thus if Martial can't fit in, he should be drooped for Greenwood who has more to his game...

As the season goes on, your favorite might be criticized and when it happens, you will need not be emotional about your response as Doc preaches...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2021
eph12:

Not true.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2021
izzou:

You think it's by distance covered that makes a player great?

Watch ball, you no gree angry
Fred was never called a great player. He's instead picked on for something every other player is guilty of in that team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 10:25am On Feb 22, 2021
Patrickmuf1:
Nobody is criticizing Rashford or Fred or any player unjustly except maybe Trebor but even he isn't entirely wrong in some of his assessments...

Rashford has delivered the goods in terms of goals and assist but it doesn't tell the whole story, they're aspects of his game he needs to improve as pointing it out shouldn't be mistaken for unfair criticism...

Fred too is sloppy on the ball so I don't see why it is a problem if someone demands that he improves his passing and ball retention...

During the game, Martial at some point dropped into the AMF position to receive the ball but someone here said Martial is taking up Bruno's space when in all honesty, the space was left open as Bruno had moved higher up the pitch. Big teams do it but here it's a problem because it's Martial...A Martial fan in that instance will argue that Martial had to drop deep for lack of supply but that is irrelevant now as we won the game...

Martial won't make those runs behind and even if he does, he gets easily frustrated when the ball doesn't get to him compared to Cavani who will keep making those runs in hope that one time, he will be presented with a chance...I rather if Martial must start he be surrounded with players who are comfortable playing ball to feet with quick passing to create opportunities in crowded spaces and in our team, I can only think of Greenwood, Mata, Bruno and Pogba who can play to his strengths and of the aforementioned, Mata and Greenwood are not guaranteed starters and Pogba is out injured...Cavani and Rashford are ready to make those runs and are very direct in their play thus if Martial can't fit in, he should be drooped for Greenwood who has more to his game...

As the season goes on, your favorite might be criticized and when it happens, you will need not be emotional about your response as Doc preaches...

Martial will not start for any serious team that wants to win things
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by BikeMan: 10:35am On Feb 22, 2021
Trevor012:

Chelsea will be a walkover. They will play right into our hand.
I like posts like this!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:37am On Feb 22, 2021
izzou:

It will come to pass

We move cool
My own be say no disappear when the time comes

Na your strength be that
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 10:38am On Feb 22, 2021
BikeMan:
I like posts like this!
Oga shift abeg cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:48am On Feb 22, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Last last, for this life everybody get who dem hate.

Trevor hates Bruno, Leyqute hates Rashford, I can't stand Martial.

If Rashford was unavailable for selection for just three matches, you'll see the kind of 'fantastic' goal records we'll have for those three matches.

No go blame your useless defenders for how your club keep bottling important matches, keep blaming Rashford for missing chances he mostly created by movement and positioning.

Right. Just like how me and Afrodoc also hates Bruno. Lana1 also hates Rashford.

You people won’t recognize that it’s not hate when you are specific and clear about the issue, and it has been occurring repetitively.

It’s okay yesterday cos we won but on days when those errors cost us games you’ll see what I’ve been seeing for the last couple of months.

I absolutely hope Rashford improves and develops his game. Else I won’t stop calling him out. His goal (and assists) record are appreciated but they will be more fantastic if he plays better with the team.

I’m not going to talk about Martial. I’m done with that one.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:52am On Feb 22, 2021
Patrickmuf1:

Rashford has delivered the goods in terms of goals and assist but it doesn't tell the whole story, they're aspects of his game he needs to improve as pointing it out shouldn't be mistaken for unfair criticism...

The coach should be making the most of this innate behavior of both players.

Let them interchange roles a bit. Bruno as CF and Marrial as AM sometimes.

Martial can drag a CB out of position when he feigns coming out to get the ball. Bruno can run into the empty space and receive the ball and finish.

We need improvements in all departments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2021
olabode89:

Lmao!

I feel Fred is always falling especially when trying to cut passing lanes or tackle, because he is kinda in a hurry, poorly positioned and just not an intelligent player. More than half the time he lunges towards the ball, he gets bypassed easily putting so much pressure on the defense behind him.

I don flog this issue taya.

It has to come down to mental unintelligence, I think. He has no positional discipline, esp when defending. Just lunges and loses the ball carelessly.

When we are building up play, he has this nack of actively making himself available for all passes, including one where someone is available. And when pressured he easily loses the ball.

What happened to making the field larger for the opponent ? What happened to making them run?

There’s been a slight improvement in his positioning when building up play tho. He drops in between Maguire and Lindelof to create more passing lanes. Guess he learned that from Matic. Formerly he just runs anywhere bele face.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 11:12am On Feb 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Martial will not start for any serious team that wants to win things
I expect him to warm the bench until he gets serious...

Ole have made a statement yesterday if he had started Greenwood at CF...I want Martial and Rashford to be confined to that LWF position like Mou did when he was here...Let them battle for that spot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 11:34am On Feb 22, 2021
Patrickmuf1:

Ole have made a statement yesterday if he had started Greenwood at CF...I want Martial and Rashford to be confined to that LWF position like Mou did when he was here...Let them battle for that spot.

I think Martial might need to be on the bench for a bit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:41am On Feb 22, 2021
Leyqute:

Right. Just like how me and Afrodoc also hates Bruno. Lana1 also hates Rashford.

You people won’t recognize that it’s not hate when you are specific and clear about the issue, and it has been occurring repetitively.

It’s okay yesterday cos we won but on days when those errors cost us games you’ll see what I’ve been seeing for the last couple of months.

I absolutely hope Rashford improves and develops his game. Else I won’t stop calling him out. His goal (and assists) record are appreciated but they will be more fantastic if he plays better with the team.

I was thinking you have an agenda against Rashford, but that your last line reveals alot ....omooo grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2021
eph12:

But he is the only one that plays safe passes.

How many times have you seen Fred spraying long passes across the field.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:47am On Feb 22, 2021
Patrickmuf1:

I think they have decided to start using Greenwood as CF. Previously that match would have started with Rashy at CF, Greenwood on the right and James on the left.

I suspect Martial won’t be here by the end of next season. Greenwood, Rashford, Amad might be the combo for the immediate future, that is if the Haaland/Sancho hunt fails.

I can bet anything that Haaland is going to Bayern in 2022 sha.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:51am On Feb 22, 2021
MRTA7:

Martial is about to lose his starting slot permanently as we dey watch am so. There are too many scenarios under which he loses that slot.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2021
Leyqute:

Rashford is a pretty frustrating player to be honest. In every match he makes you want to jump off your seat with rage or excitement.

I can't remember how many unprintable words I've muttered under my breath when he fecks up a one on one or goes dribbling into a maze.

He can be very annoying but I won't call him useless because even when he's shite, he's still visible and available to try stuff and be blamed for it.

Over all, we're trying to see our players grow and whilst Rashford is not the final product, I think he's pretty fecking close.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 12:10pm On Feb 22, 2021
CapitalCee:

Anybody slatting a winger with 18 goals and 10 assist so far this season is just trying to drive an agenda.

Whatever woes we have this season has been as a result of Ole, Martial, Maguire and Lindelof in no particular order.

Shaw, Rashford, Bruno and Cavani has been our best players this season. Pogba has been excellent in patches

Spot on.

Ole is as inconsistent as our forwards. Sometimes he reverts to the same tactical mistakes that failed him in earlier matches and gets eggs on his face again.

The only reason I'm not yet Ole-out is because I feel he still has some learning capacity but if we can find an improvement, I won't shed a tear grin

Martial, Martial, Martial.... I can't say nothing menh... He needs white garment deliverance with broom and cane grin

Maguire and Lindelof are the reason I'm not confident of a win even when we're 3 up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:29pm On Feb 22, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Spot on.

Ole is as inconsistent as our forwards. Sometimes he reverts to the same tactical mistakes that failed him in earlier matches and gets eggs on his face again.

The only reason I'm not yet Ole-out is because I feel he still has some learning capacity but if we can find an improvement, I won't shed a tear grin

Martial, Martial, Martial.... I can't say nothing menh... He needs white garment deliverance with broom and cane grin

Maguire and Lindelof are the reason I'm not confident of a win even when we're 3 up.

No smuggle that kain yarns inside like cocaine my broda. Abi you see tribal mark for our face? You the living president of OleOut. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2021
Patrickmuf1:

What of when the criticism is not objective but to drive an agenda?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 22, 2021
grin grin grin

We no dey celebrate win again for this board. Na so so argument dey ensue after each game whether win, draw or lose.

E be things.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2021
Omo, we later lose the game after full time? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2021
I think we go a bit too hard on the Rashford criticism. There are atleast 8/9 players in that team that deserve more criticism than Rashford. Yes he still has some decision making issues but overall, He's one of the best forwards in the league and the expectation for him is much higher than anyone else. With that he is still contributing very well to the team. There are others along with the coach that deserve far more beef.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by DeadPresidents: 1:06pm On Feb 22, 2021
afrodoc2:

No smuggle that kain yarns inside like cocaine my broda. Abi you see tribal mark for our face? You the living president of OleOut. cheesy

Sir, you just be mistaking my humble self for our resident illustrious board member and honorable initiate to the inner caucus of Manchester United.

I'm talking about the one and only Sir Nitrogen grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2021
DeadPresidents:

Sir, you just be mistaking my humble self for our resident illustrious board member and honorable initiate to the inner caucus of Manchester United.

I'm talking about the one and only Sir Nitrogen grin

LMAO. From up here on the decking you guys look alike.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 1:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
handelex:
What of when the criticism is not objective but to drive an agenda?
Well, then it will amount to dislike for the player...

My post is focused more on the criticism of Rashford and Fred which I think is fair...If we shove our emotions aside, we can easily spot a criticism fueled by dislike of a player...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2021
Patrickmuf1:
Well, then it will amount to dislike for the player...

My post is focused more on the criticism of Rashford and Fred which I think is fair... If we shove our emotions aside, we can easily spot a criticism fueled by dislike of a player...
or a manager cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 22, 2021
elrony:
Omo, we later lose the game after full time? grin grin grin
E be like oo.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 2:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud
#KillTheBasterd

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
handelex:
or a manager cheesy cheesy cheesy
If a player keeps playing rubbish yet a manager doesn't drop him to the bench it's only a matter of time before the manager takes the fall...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Patrickmuf1(m): 2:41pm On Feb 22, 2021
MRTA7:

I agree...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9648) (9649) (9650) (9651) (9652) (9653) (9654) ... (14146) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.