Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8762662 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9713) (9714) (9715) (9716) (9717) (9718) (9719) ... (14166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:56am On Mar 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

I have stated here time and time again that Bruno’s stats though important are not his main strengths. KDB that I saw yesterday is very poor and he had been for the most part of 2021. He can deliver 100 key passes i dont care.

Seasoned british tabloids pointed out he was poor, I saw it, many City and neutral fans saw it. KDB was poor yesterday.
His team was trailing yesterday, from the first minute, so its unsurprising, based on your definition of key passes, whenever a teammate fashion out an attempt from his pass, its a key pass, i am knowing that from today. However, I am telling you that a good number of those "key passes" were from Corner Kicks and freekicks and moreover he is City's attacking midfielder a team trailing and looking to score, he will most likely deliver such passes. That will not blind me from seeing that he was very poor yesterday as collaborated by Credible British tabloids

You are using tabloids to corroborate your analysis? LOL

You have dropped like 5 untrue statements today to support your anti-KDB agenda.

1) You said he was off color when he attempted almost 20 more passes than Bruno, created 7 more chances than him, and had a higher passing accuracy.

2) You first said Maguire dealt with his aimless key passes which by definition is untrue.

3) You said his passing was wayward when at 79.4% it was okay for an AM and better than Bruno's.

4) You suggested that Ruud and Rooney had won PFA by leading us to the title which is also not true.

Drop your anti-KDB propaganda. You don't need to pull him down in order to praise Bruno. I for one appreciate the two of them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:09am On Mar 08, 2021
patrickmuf:
I rather we go for Haaland...

I read somewhere that Haaland has a younger brother who is a striker and is highly rated, get them both, one for the academy and one for the first team...

If Ole gets Haaland, I will forgive his many sins...
Getting haaland means binning your boy martial cheesy

Abi isn't it what that means cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:15am On Mar 08, 2021
JayromWrites:

I read where Grealish rated Bruno and KDB as the best Midfielders in the league and he wasn't even talking about goals and assists.. The comment was related to top first touch and passes

Yeah I will admit, I wish he could just calm down sometimes... There was an instance yesterday where he went pass two or three Man City players only to overhit his pass to Martial

But then, there is no perfect player

Martial was supposed to make a run for that ball rather he was coming back, even you check it sef tominay was also making a run but martial coming back blocked him, that was a good pass.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:17am On Mar 08, 2021
osamz007:
AFTER READING THROUGH FEW PAGES I NOW CAN SAY TREVOR IS INSANE

That's the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:22am On Mar 08, 2021
Bruno won the nation's league with Portugal making the final team of the tournament (to show his importance)

But trebbor is saying his largest trophy is taca de Portugal

This one na ment cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:23am On Mar 08, 2021
God knows how many elbowing bissaka dey take per tackle

See Sterling's elbow

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:26am On Mar 08, 2021
KDB has achieved more and is generally better than Bruno

But this season men, Bruno is a freaking class apart.

I just wish Bruno fit score more penalties and give more assists

Make im bag top scorer and playmaker of the season

Make tears flow more grin

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAlabi:
God knows how many elbowing bissaka dey take per tackle

See Sterling's elbow

One reason why City struggle against us is that their wingers find it difficult against our full backs. Once Shaw and AWB are on form and pocket their wingers it is usually easy easy for us to defend against them cos their underlapping FBs means everything is narrow and we can just choke the defense.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:27am On Mar 08, 2021
For the guy saying Bruno wasn't better than 8-9 players
Na colourless tv you dey watch? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by KingAlabi: 11:28am On Mar 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

One reason why City struggle against us is that their wingers find it difficult against our full backs. Once Shaw and AWB are on form and pocket their wingers it is usually easy easy for us to defend against them cos their underlapping FBs means everything is narrow and we can just choke the defense.

Sterling must really hate bissaka though cheesy grin

There was a time he switched to mahrez flank, bissaka chase am go there, tackle am still grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2021
afrodoc2:

You are using tabloids to corroborate your analysis? LOL

You have dropped like 5 untrue statements today to support your anti-KDB agenda.

1) You said he was off color when he attempted almost 20 more passes than Bruno, created 7 more chances than him, and had a higher passing accuracy.

2) You first said Maguire dealt with his aimless key passes which by definition is untrue.

3) You said his passing was wayward when at 79.4% it was okay for an AM and better than Bruno's.

4) You suggested that Ruud and Rooney had won PFA by leading us to the title which is also not true.

Drop your anti-KDB propaganda. You don't need to pull him down in order to praise Bruno. I for one appreciate the two of them.

I decided to ignore id.iotic trolls who highlighted some of these your points. But since you have brought it on, i will have to address your points. Head on..

1. Doc i repeat and still maintain to you that KDB was completely off colour yesterday, if he like let him deliver 1 million passes. He loss possession several times in dangerous positions, he was lethargic, he misplaced passes on several occasions, and could not orchestrate any meaningful attempt, Henderson was only restricted long range efforts from Gundogan, Rodri and Zinchenko. KDB was very poor yesterday. Your passing stats is meaningless. Even your Whoscored commenters where stunned how he was able to get his rating. The image below is the evidence.

2. Maguire made 9 key cleaeances i only checked that now, i didnt require some statistics sites to know that from what i watched. I dont know what your Whoscored mean by "key passes" hitherto, and thats not a shameful thing. All I know was most of KDB’S passes and crosses where aimless and useless and was easily dealt with by our defence especially Maguire.

3. His key passes yesterday was wayward, he can decide to make shot passes to boost his percentage, thats not my problem. But his passes did not trouble the defence AT ALL.

4. Thats clearly an oversight and moreover RVN was the top scorer in 2002/2003 season, and PFA player the previous season. While its not correct its a clear indication that I dont rush to mindless lifting in Wikipedia to make my points. Same with Rooney.

You can adore both player thats fine. But my point is if folks here or wherever decide to take up an agenda against Bruno, by overhyping KDB, to make a player who keep breaking records within his short spell in EPL to look bad, then i am free to point out mine too. KDB is not as good and established as most of you make him to be. He has not achieved anything in football that is out of this world, that's the point I am making and that's absolutely the truth. For a player of his supposed quality and age, he is given too much byes for folding in key moments despite surrounding himself with stupendous quality both at Club and International level.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 11:35am On Mar 08, 2021
Almajirihunter:
Capital L still waiting for your guy’s individual honors let’s compare, na only Dayo fit help you dribble your way out today cool
Na really Capital L. The guy has disappeared shamelessly cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

Dont mind him, and those were the kind of lunatics that will come here to talk trash and most of us will be doing holier than thou and be collaborating the nonsense.

I have watched United over many years to know that whenever a United player begin to reach good heights trolls and haters emerge from no where to try make them look useless while hyping other teams players. They did same thing to Ronaldo saying he dissappears in big games and a show pony and a diver, same with RVN they said he doesn't assist and dont score from outside the box, They said Rooney did not reach Ronaldo's level so he is useless and he is indisciplined, same with Cantona, same with Roy Keane. They have started a mini agenda on Greenwood, now he is not scoring much, the agenda has stopped. Let Bruno join Madrid or Barca now he will turn to Zidane and Platini rolled into one. I cant be decieved

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Beorn: 11:45am On Mar 08, 2021
A key stat: in the opening 20 minutes Kevin De Bruyne completed three passes. Three!

It has been a slightly fretful return for De Bruyne and here he was terrible in patches, pushing too hard, playing from the start like it was the 88th minute, and he was required to carry this team on his back.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/mar/07/enduring-luke-shaw-plays-his-own-game-to-eclipse-cancelo

But, but, but... Only Bruno played rubbish. undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nani667: 11:46am On Mar 08, 2021
#OleOUT
#EndOLE
#OleMustGo
#EndOLECluelessness
#SackTheFraud

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 11:47am On Mar 08, 2021
Aston villa fans will not be even compare jack Grealish who has been the best Midfielder in the league this season to Kdb but one Capital L is here comparing a penalty and sideways pass merchant to Kdb. Na ment na cheesy cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Beorn: 11:54am On Mar 08, 2021
I don't see the need of this disparaging remarks on KdB or Bruno. Both are fantastic players. No player can be good every match.

You don't need to run down one to elevate the other.

I'm a huge fan of Bruno and while it's a fact that Bruno has out-performed KdB this season SO FAR, I PERSONALLY rate KdB above Bruno in general, taking note of KdB's scintillating performance over the years and not just this season. KdB is a midfield god.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 11:57am On Mar 08, 2021
Beorn:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/mar/07/enduring-luke-shaw-plays-his-own-game-to-eclipse-cancelo

But, but, but... Only Bruno played rubbish. undecided

Doc told me he made gazillion number of passes, so we should ignore his numerous errors and abysmal performance. In guardian review today, it was mentioned that City has majority of the ball but cant use it " Competently " spamming crosses and optimistic passes up and down doesn't amount to good display
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by CapitalCee(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Beorn:
I don't see the need of this disparaging remarks on KdB or Bruno. Both are fantastic players. No player can be good every match.

I'm a huge fan of Bruno and while it's a fact that Bruno has out-performed KdB this season SO FAR, I PERSONALLY rate KdB above Bruno in general, taking note of KdB's scintillating performance over the years and not just this season. KdB is a midfield god.

I am not doubting KDB class, however he is 4 years older than Bruno and has played 5 more seasons in EPL. Wait let Bruno reach that number of season before properly assessing him. If Bruno has outperformed him since he came to EPL despite being in a less fanciful team that should tell you something. For Me I PERSONALLY rate Bruno more than KDB
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 12:04pm On Mar 08, 2021
Trevor012:
Aston villa fans will not be even compare jack Grealish who has been the best Midfielder in the league this season to Kdb but one Capital L is here comparing a penalty and sideways pass merchant to Kdb. Na ment na cheesy cheesy
2nd best Midfielder not best.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Almajirihunter(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

I am not doubting KDB class, however he is 4 years older than Bruno and has played 5 more seasons in EPL. Wait let Bruno reach that number of season before properly assessing him. If Bruno has outperformed him since he came to EPL despite being in a less fanciful team that should tell you something. For Me I PERSONALLY rate Bruno more than KDB

Another lie cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
Bombblacks:

2nd best Midfielder not best.
Since you all are stats mongers.

Grealish vs Bruno Stats per 90 minus penalties cheesy cheesy cheesy

More open play goals..... Grealish
More chances created...... Grealish
More assists per 90mins..... Grealish
More take ons...... Grealish

No relevant stats does Bruno even trump Grealish per 90mins. One plays for Aston villa while the other United.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
Almajirihunter:

Another lie cheesy
Capital L cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Almajirihunter(m): 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
KingAlabi:

Asides Rashford and Dan James, which outfield player didn’t do their job better than Bruno yesterday, please answer honestly.....capital L couldn’t cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
The Villa captain was asked point blank why he didn’t sign for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side, in a video with YouTuber and United fan Harry Pinero.

After the question was asked Grealish chuckled and responded: “You’ve got Bruno anyway.”

Pinero continued his praise for the England international telling him: "You’ve got the filthiest first touch in the Prem."

However, Grealish once again issued a humble response by praising Fernandes and Kevin De Bruyne. “That’s not true," he said. "I do some alright touches but you need to put a bit of respect on Bruno and KDB.”

Be careful who you engage on this thread

some people no normal

Grealish himself acknowledge Bruno's supremacy but One guy wey him moniker sound so much as TERRIBLE thinks he knows better

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Beorn: 12:19pm On Mar 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

I decided to ignore id.iotic trolls who highlighted some of these your points. But since you have brought it on, i will have to address your points. Head on..

1. Doc i repeat and still maintain to you that KDB was completely off colour yesterday, if he like let him deliver 1 million passes. He loss possession several times in dangerous positions, he was lethargic, he misplaced passes on several occasions, and could not orchestrate any meaningful attempt, Henderson was only restricted long range efforts from Gundogan, Rodri and Zinchenko. KDB was very poor yesterday. Your passing stats is meaningless. Even your Whoscored commenters where stunned how he was able to get his rating. The image below is the evidence.

2. Maguire made 9 key cleaeances i only checked that now, i didnt require some statistics sites to know that from what i watched. I dont know what your Whoscored mean by "key passes" hitherto, and thats not a shameful thing. All I know was most of KDB’S passes and crosses where aimless and useless and was easily dealt with by our defence especially Maguire.

3. His key passes yesterday was wayward, he can decide to make shot passes to boost his percentage, thats not my problem. But his passes did not trouble the defence AT ALL.

4. Thats clearly an oversight and moreover RVN was the top scorer in 2002/2003 season, and PFA player the previous season. While its not correct its a clear indication that I dont rush to mindless lifting in Wikipedia to make my points. Same with Rooney.

You can adore both player thats fine. But my point is if folks here or wherever decide to take up an agenda against Bruno, by overhyping KDB, to make a player who keep breaking records within his short spell in EPL to look bad, then i am free to point out mine too. KDB is not as good and established as most of you make him to be. He has not achieved anything in football that is out of this world, that's the point I am making and that's absolutely the truth. For a player of his supposed quality and age, he is given too much byes for folding in key moments despite surrounding himself with stupendous quality both at Club and International level.

At the bolded, key passes and wayward can't be in the same sentence. For a pass to be a key pass, it can't be a wayward. I agree that he made a lot of wayward passes yesterday, but the key ones weren't wayward, it's just that the player it got to failed to utilize it.

I remember one very scintillating cross KdB whipped in towards the Sterling on a platter towards the end of the match, only for the lad to nod the ball like a fool away from the goal post when he had the chance to score with Lindelof already on the floor and Henderson rooted at the spot, much to my excitement.

That was a key pass wasted by Sterling. KdB had a poor game yesterday by his standards but his key passes not troubling us wasn't down to him but his team-mates squandering the chances.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
Some people are foolish sha cheesy cheesy. One player praises another player in a bid to act humble and that automatically means the player is acknowledging the other player superiority. It can only be ment grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
Beorn:

At the bolded, key passes and wayward can't be in the same sentence. For a pass to be a key pass, it can't be a wayward. I agree that he made a lot of wayward passes yesterday, but the key ones weren't wayward, it's just that the player it got to failed to utilize it.

I remember one very scintillating cross KdB whipped in towards the Sterling on a platter towards the end of the match, only for the lad to nod the ball like a fool away from the goal post when he had the chance to score with Lindelof already on the floor and Henderson rooted at the spot, much to my excitement.

That was a key pass wasted by Sterling. KdB had a poor game yesterday by his standards but his key passes not troubling us wasn't down to him but his team-mates squandering the chances.

He does not understand what key passes are. He said so himself but keeps attacking that stat. I wonder why you would be criticizing a stat that you don't understand.

First said Maguire dealt with the key passes. FALSE

Then claiming that the key passes were wayward. HOW?

All in order to rubbish KDB. O wrong nau!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 12:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
CapitalCee:

You need to take that your TV to an engineer because I am suspecting you saw someone with a blond hair and thought it was KDB. In case you dont know Alexandre ZINCHENKO was one of the best players on the pitch yesterday, so you are mistaken him to KDB, go and repair your TV resolution I think thats your problem
Na wa ooh grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
Xavi admits Scholes is superior to him cheesy cheesy. When a player heaps praise on another player that's admittance of supremacy according to jayromwrotes cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Almajirihunter(m): 12:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
Beorn:

This is where the pain is coming from wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayromWrites: 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
Foolishness is when you make a post and then proceed to like it just to validate yourself

quite terrible

but wait, that's his moniker.. Terrible!!

How can you sit somewhere in Nigeria under this hot sun and believe you know better than people that earn real money playing the game

Be it humility or whatever, Jack admitted that Bruno is way more than Just a penalty merchant...

so take your sideways passes BS and swerve

(1) (2) (3) ... (9713) (9714) (9715) (9716) (9717) (9718) (9719) ... (14166) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Santos07, joezy23(m), LORDLARGE(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.