Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Anambra Joins Oil-producing States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Joins Oil-producing States (32899 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Lagos Set To Join Oil Producing States As Production Begins This Year / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nchara: 12:12am On Feb 18, 2012
Anambra joins oil-producing states
• As Orient Petroleum begins production soon
By The Sun Publishing
Saturday February 18, 2012
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

All is ready for Anambra State to join the league of oil-producing states in the country, as Orient Petroleum Resources Plc is to commence the production of crude any moment from now. Chairman, Board of Directors of the company and former Secretary General of the Commonwealth, Chief Emeka Anyaoku, announced this while inspecting the company’s facilities at Aguleri Otu with Governor Peter Obi, Dr Alex Ekwueme, Managing Director of Orient Petroleum, Engr Emeka Nwoawka, Igwe Peter Anukwu of Mbaukwu and other stakeholders yesterday.

Anyaoku said the company was ready to start production of crude in a couple of weeks, which would mark the first time crude is produced in inland basin in the country. He disclosed that the company’s service contractor had made significant progress in the acquisition of high resolution 3D seismic data over 640 square kilometres of Orient’s oil blocks OPL 915 & 916 to delineate the full extent of the hydrocarbon discoveries and prospects.

The team also inspected the 20-kilometre access road to the oil wells and the 10-kilometre flow line for evacuating crude to a spot at Anambra River basin, from where evacuation of crude will be undertaken by barges to Brass in Bayelsa State.
The company, according to Anyaoku, had equally finalised the detailed engineering and sourced the modules of its 55,000 bpd refinery. It had also completed the geotechnical, geological and hydro-geological surveys and civil engineering works for installation of refinery equipment.

Orient Petroleum had also completed acquisition of seven hectares of land from Kogi State for establishment of depot for distribution of petroleum products from the refinery to the North and other parts of the country.
Conducting the delegation round the facilities, the Managing Director of Orient Petroleum gave assurance that Anambra would soon join the club of oil-producing states. He thanked Governor Obi for his interest in the project and appealed to him to continue to support it. He said the drilling environment conformed to international standards.
Responding, Obi commended the Board of Orient Petroleum for its resilience and determination to bring the project on stream. He said that when functional, the company would, among other things, create employment, fast-track overall development of the host community as well as contribute in strengthening the State and national economy. He assured of continued government support for the project.
Earlier, the Board of Orient Petroleum Plc had paid a courtesy visit to Governor Obi at the Government House before proceeding on the inspection.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nchara: 12:15am On Feb 18, 2012
Imo, Abia, and now Anambra (all SE states) are oil-producing. We are getting there.
Information from RMRDC indicate that Enugu also is oil-bearing. Thus, like Anambra, Enugu should set up modalities that will facilitate the exploitation of the oil there. Needs to confirm this, but from available records, Anambra has the highest oil and gas reserves in onshore Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 12:19am On Feb 18, 2012
umu igbo we are getting there
soon our enemies won't see anything else to say

whom jah bless, no one curse! cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 18, 2012
this map will change. again! cool

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Beaf: 12:35am On Feb 18, 2012
Congrats to Anambra for achieving an immense fit!
We are talking about handling the entire cycle, from prospecting, drilling to actual refining. It is a massive leap that has been quietly achieved, and the first such display of technological self-belief in Nigeria. They have done the country proud.

I hope they increase the size of their refinery, though. It is quite small at 55,000 bpd.

Nchara:

Imo, Abia, and now Anambra (all SE states) are oil-producing. We are getting there.
Information from RMRDC indicate that Enugu also is oil-bearing. Thus, like Anambra, Enugu should set up modalities that will facilitate the exploitation of the oil there. Needs to confirm this, but from available records, Anambra has the highest oil and gas reserves in onshore Nigeria.

Anambra certainly doesn't have the highest onshore oil reserves (that honour goes to Rivers), but they might well have the biggest gas reserves (or be second to Delta).
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nchara: 12:39am On Feb 18, 2012
Beaf:

Congrats to Anambra for achieving an immense fit!
We are talking about handling the entire cycle, from prospecting, drilling to actual refining. It is a massive leap that has been quietly achieved, and the first such display of technological self-belief in Nigeria. They have done the country proud.

I hope they increase the size of their refinery, though. It is quite small at 55,000 bpd.

Anambra certainly doesn't have the highest onshore oil reserves (that honour goes to Rivers), but they might well have the biggest gas reserves (or be second to Delta).

Thanks Beaf. On the bolded, hopefully, you are not judging from the map that the other poster posted. And yes, we need both upstream and downstream development of the oil sector. Kudos to Anambra.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Ibangap(m): 12:46am On Feb 18, 2012
Will the state now be added 2 d list of the Niger Delta states?
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ranlaen: 12:58am On Feb 18, 2012
The Niger-Delta Region of Nigeria is made up of the following oil producing states:
Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers.

So yes they will join the number to make it 10.
mind you allocation is determined by a number of factors one of which is how much is currently taken out(not reserves) which explains why some states still have a poor allocation increase.
/points to edo,ondo,abia

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 1:05am On Feb 18, 2012
enugu will soon join
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by alex14(m): 1:13am On Feb 18, 2012
I don't think this is a good idea IMHO embarassed. I'd rather wait for the disintegration of the dungeon called nigeria before extracting oil from any part of Igboland. Let us enjoy what we're getting, at least for now.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ranlaen: 1:17am On Feb 18, 2012
alex_101:

I don't think this is a good idea IMHO embarassed. I'd rather wait for the disintegration of the dungeon called nigeria before extracting oil from any part of Igboland. Let us enjoy what we're getting, at least for now.
so what of all the free oil other states have been and still is providing to feed you?Should they stop giving you oil from today?
Abeg must every single post involve someone coming out to say something about dissolving Nigeria.Go carry gun fight and stop hijacking threads.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Nobody: 1:21am On Feb 18, 2012
Why are you people so obsessed with oyel? only lazy sods thinks about nothing but oyel! oyel!! oyel!!!
Anambra joins oil producing states so what? surprisingly we don't see major oil companies in Anambra exploiting these new found oil but one wuru wuru company. don't worry jona will change the allocation formula so you guys can have more money to share.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ranlaen: 1:35am On Feb 18, 2012
inufele2:

Why are you people so obsessed with oyel? only lazy sods thinks about nothing but oyel! oyel!! oyel!!!
Anambra joins oil producing states so what? surprisingly we don't see major oil companies in Anambra exploiting these new found oil but one wuru wuru company. don't worry jona will change the allocation formula so you guys can have more money to share.
Ask me?
Whenever someone posts something about oil some few bad apples run in to start screaming about it been their oil and wahawaha dissolve nigeria etc.
They did not even ask how much oil is there in first place.I remember when they opened 3 wells in edo immediately some people started screaming protect our oil ,so far it never  turned out to bring in that much .
GEJ will change allocation based on what comes out of it so if its a whole lot it be a whole lot if its little then it will be little simple.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by KayDee4: 1:44am On Feb 18, 2012
Great !!! What took them so long.

I hope they don't destroy and pollute my village sha.  undecided undecided

Still looking forward to the day Nigeria's oil wealth will start to reflect on infrastructure and the faces of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by musiwa43: 2:15am On Feb 18, 2012
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by phreakabit(m): 2:19am On Feb 18, 2012
alex_101:

Said it b4 . . . . will say it again. We both think alike.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by sheyguy: 2:42am On Feb 18, 2012
@ranlaen, i thought the oil derivation revenue to states has always been based on what comes out of each state and not total total oil reserves, are u sure of what ur saying?
Anyway, Congrats to Anambra for such a feat. I hope it does not turn out to be another ND style pain in the azz.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by nduchucks: 2:47am On Feb 18, 2012
Lets hope the owners of this crude oil exploration facilitiy have verifiable plans to clean up any resulting air/water pollution which may arise from their operations. Oilfiled blowouts are bound to happen, and we can also count on rig accidents or barge accidents.  They must not destroy the environment in the East like Shell and others have done with impunity in the ND region.

I congratulate Orient Petroleum Resources Plc. Does anyone have the list of the companies owners/directors? This should be public knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ranlaen: 2:48am On Feb 18, 2012
sheyguy:

@ranlaen, i thought the oil derivation revenue to states has always been based on what comes out of each state and not total total oil reserves.
Anyway, Congrats to Anambra for such a feat. I hope it does not turn out to be another ND style pain in the azz.
it is suppose to but we know abia,edo,ondo get pretty little compared to older niger delta producers might be likely  due simply to them pumping out more.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ranlaen: 2:51am On Feb 18, 2012
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=24162409

based in anambra and from their offical website pretty little info.Not a major player at all it seems but at least it looks home grown.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Dede1(m): 3:08am On Feb 18, 2012
ranlaen:

[b]so what of all the free oil other states have been and still is providing to feed you?[/b]Should they stop giving you oil from today?
Abeg must every single post involve someone coming out to say something about dissolving Nigeria.Go carry gun fight and stop hijacking threads.

You are a moronic numbskull. I suggest you pay rapt attention to the history of shell d’arcy in southern protectorate. Igbo land still remain the first place crude oil was struck in the cesspit called Nigeria, olodo.

I am very happy youths from the northern region of Nigeria are seriously talking about disintegration of Nigeria. When disintegration happens, a low-life such as you shall know who actually had crude oil.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ranlaen: 3:33am On Feb 18, 2012
Dede1:

You are a moronic numbskull. I suggest you pay rapt attention to the history of shell d’arcy in southern protectorate. Igbo land still remain the first place crude oil was struck in the cesspit called Nigeria, olodo.

I am very happy youths from the northern region of Nigeria are seriously talking about disintegration of Nigeria. When disintegration happens, a low-life such as you shall know who actually had crude oil.

Is life so fustrating for you that you need the internet to feel strong grin
pointless post clearly showing fustration.
by the way oil was first found commerically in ogbia,bayelsa state which has majority ijaw  as well as ekpeye people .Your president is from there!
totally out of context with the OP subject though .
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by KayDee4: 3:42am On Feb 18, 2012
^^^ you mean Oloibiri
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ranlaen: 3:47am On Feb 18, 2012
Kay-Dee:

^^^ you mean Oloibiri
thats in ogbia LGA or have they changed the LGA again ?
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by BlackPikiN(m): 3:49am On Feb 18, 2012
First discovery of oil shale in Ebonyi

[b]An oil shale deposit, possibly of high economic value and corresponding to the Turonian Ezeaku shale (lower Nkalagu formation) of the Lower Benue Trough, was found in a 1.5 × 1.0 km belt in Lokpanta near Okigwe, in Imo State, Nigeria. The characteristically dark-grey, laminated and fissile marlstone contains total organic carbon (TOC) > 7% in some locations and total extractable organic matter generally in excess of 10 000 ppm. The kerogen is type I–II (oil-prone) and at the updip rim it has attained intermediate thermal maturity status. An initial appraisal of the economic potential of the fossil fuel deposit by pyrolysis (modified Fischer assay) indicates an average oil-yield of more than 42 tonne−1, which is the lower acceptable threshold for economic exploitation. A total thickness of > 25 m was established by drilling/coring for one location. Apart from being the first recorded occurrence of oil shale in the Benue Trough, the Lokpanta discovery is important because it provides an authentic model for the deposition of anoxic sediments in the mid-Cretaceous Benue Trough. The most appropriate depositional setting for this highly carbonaceous shale seems to be sedimentation in a restricted euxinic platform (sub-basin) of the epeiric Benue sea.[/b]

Addax Petroleum discovers oil at Awo Omamma.

Owerri—Oil has been discovered in substantially commercial quantity in Awo Omamma, Oru East local government area of Imo State, leaving an impression of a brighter economic fortune for the state and its people.
The Managing Director (MD) of Addax Petroleum Development (Nigeria) Limited (APDNL), Mr. Vance Querio, stated this when he paid a courtesy call on Governor Ikedi Ohakim at the Government House, Owerri.“The new discovery is fairly as big as the Izombe oil field. We can look forward to at least another 25 years of very successful operation in this new location”, Mr. Querio said.Noting that we are in “troubled times in the oil industry”, Querio however, expressed happiness that the new oil field promises to enhance the fortunes of the state, especially their host community.According to him, the large quantity of crude petroleum has remained untapped in the oil producing communities as a result of militancy and the associated crimes in the region.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by KayDee4: 3:53am On Feb 18, 2012
ranlaen:

thats in ogbia LGA or have they changed the LGA again ?

yeah, Oloibiri is in Ogbia LGA

BlackPikiN:

First discovery of oil shale in Ebonyi

An [b]oil shale deposit, possibly of high economic value and corresponding to the Turonian Ezeaku shale (lower Nkalagu formation) of the Lower Benue Trough, was found in a 1.5 × 1.0 km belt in Lokpanta near Okigwe, in Imo State, Nigeria. The characteristically dark-grey, laminated and fissile marlstone contains total organic carbon (TOC) > 7% in some locations and total extractable organic matter generally in excess of 10 000 ppm. The kerogen is type I–II (oil-prone) and at the updip rim it has attained intermediate thermal maturity status. An initial appraisal of the economic potential of the fossil fuel deposit by pyrolysis (modified Fischer assay) indicates an average oil-yield of more than 42 tonne−1, which is the lower acceptable threshold for economic exploitation. A total thickness of > 25 m was established by drilling/coring for one location. Apart from being the first recorded occurrence of oil shale in the Benue Trough, the Lokpanta discovery is important because it provides an authentic model for the deposition of anoxic sediments in the mid-Cretaceous Benue Trough. The most appropriate depositional setting for this highly carbonaceous shale seems to be sedimentation in a restricted euxinic platform (sub-basin) of the epeiric Benue sea.[/b]

Not sure anyone would want to jump into oil shale just yet with the vast abundance of 'conventional' oil we have.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by BlackPikiN(m): 3:55am On Feb 18, 2012
[size=38pt]Ebonyi: Waiting for Oil Exploration.[/size]

The hue and clamour for oil prospecting in the northern part of Nigeria seems to have come and gone without any positive result.
[size=20pt] Yet there is crude oil deposit in Edda, Ebonyi State discovered several years ago. The Federal Government appears not to be in a hurry to tap this resource. Ikenna Emewu exposes the facts of the find

It was on December 9, 2000, that the Ebonyi State Governor, Dr. Sam Egwu, told the whole world that his state should be included on the list of oil-producing States.
[/size]

According to his him, [size=20pt]crude oil has been on the Ebonyi State soil for years and he wanted the Federal Government to tap same. Should the Federal Government fail in this task put on it by the Petroleum Act, and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Act, then Ebonyi should not be left out in the benefits that accrue to oil-producing states, Egwu insisted.
[/size]
Happily, his guest was no less a person than President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. This was at the occasion of a reception during the President official visit to the state.

Contrary to expectations, the President never received the revelation that was fit to be news with any interest. The reply was cold and uncheering.

Obasanjo only asked the governor to thread the path of the claim with caution, and be sure there was oil as he claimed.

Till date, while the government of Nigeria goes on sinking billions of naira into the Lake Chad and the Benue. Through project, (a project it finally abandoned few months ago when it became clear that oil does not exist in that region), it has also persistently acted as if there was no information made available to it about the oil in Ebonyi State. …
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by BlackPikiN(m): 3:56am On Feb 18, 2012
Omo, see as I dey shout! lol.
I no wan offend anybody o.

I no be even be from Ebonyi self.
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by BlackPikiN(m): 3:58am On Feb 18, 2012
Kay-Dee:

yeah, Oloibiri is in Ogbia LGA

Not sure anyone would want to jump into oil shale just yet with the vast abundance of 'conventional' oil we have.

You dey Texas? lol
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Yeske2(m): 4:00am On Feb 18, 2012
Kinda having this bad feeling about oil exploration in my home state not when the issue of soil and water degradation had not yet been settled in established oil producing states. Anyway, the company could be more responsible and held more accountable at least it being an indigenous one
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by ak47mann(m): 4:57am On Feb 18, 2012
Were is chinno cool cool
Re: Anambra Joins Oil-producing States by Dainfamous: 5:03am On Feb 18, 2012
Anambra people will soon have their own militants cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy any anambra in the house? cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why I Don't Attend Council Of States Meeting With President Buhari – Fayose / Doyin Okupe's Son, Bolu Graduates From The University Of Manchester (Photos) / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.