Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434464 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mysmartnetwork: 7:24pm On May 22, 2020
IyawoToBe:
grin grin I'd rather use my money to eat Cat fish pepper soup grin
Lol exactly I terminated it already currently at a pepper soup joint

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mysmartnetwork: 7:25pm On May 22, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You are a very good customer. Customer daada ni.

The worst money market fund will still pay you 5%.

FBN Quest Asset Management a member of the same First Bank family will give you something a little more than 5%

This will give N12,500 to your N500,000 after 6 months, better than the less than N800 which you have settled for
Might just go into real business idk
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by blithe: 7:26pm On May 22, 2020
Sholapey:
You don't need cscs account for the investments above, just fill your forms and submit if that what you want.
I will do that...I will register for cscs account when the need arises

Thank You!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:37pm On May 22, 2020
Mysmartnetwork:

Might just go into real business idk

No problem
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Crazeworld(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2020
missjekyll:
Can any of you lovely people recommend a good e-commerce web developer? Thanks in advance

I just ran out of the shopify website. As a shopaholic, I never appreciated the work that goes into running the websites I click so carelessly with a nutella coated finger.

Ma'am just in case you need a perfect domain name for your store, I can provide that.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 7:46pm On May 22, 2020
Mysmartnetwork:
Anybody with a fixed account with firstbank I tried to open a fixed account today with 500k for 6months in the end the certificate shows the future value will be 500731 Naira , had to terminate it immediately wtf sad , can any one suggest any bank with good interest rate for that amount or any other good investment I can use the money for thx

731 naira after 6months for 500k

Shey FGN Suku bonds de na

11.2% of 500k will give you 28k every six months for 7 years and your 500k will come back after 7 years...

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 8:04pm On May 22, 2020
Mysmartnetwork:
Anybody with a fixed account with firstbank I tried to open a fixed account today with 500k for 6months in the end the certificate shows the future value will be 500731 Naira , had to terminate it immediately wtf sad , can any one suggest any bank with good interest rate for that amount or any other good investment I can use the money for thx
shocked shocked
Wtf grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dsticks47(m): 8:16pm On May 22, 2020
The FGN N150,000,000,000 7-Year Ijarah Sukuk has begun.

Offer seize: N150,000,000,000 For 7 years

Rental per annum: 11.200% per annum

Opening Date: May 21, 2020

Closing Date: June 2, 2020

Settlement Date: June 9, 2020

ISSUER: FGN Roads Sukuk Company 1 Plc. on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria

UNITS OF SALE: N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum Subscription of N10,000 and in multiples of N1,000 thereafter,

RENTAL PAYMENT: Payable Half Yearly.

REDEMPTION: Bullet repayment on the maturity date

For more info check my Signature.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2020
IyawoToBe:
grin grin I'd rather use my money to eat Cat fish pepper soup grin

Hahaha. The marginal utility from the cat fish pepper soup will definitely be greater than the one from the interest.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 22, 2020
To all parents

There was a very brilliant boy, he always scored 100% in Science.
Got Selected for IIT Madras and scored excellent in IIT.
Went to the University of California for MBA.
Got a high paying job in America and settled there.
Married a Beautiful Tamil Girl.
Bought a 5 room big house and luxury cars.
He had everything that make him successful but a few years ago he committed suicide after shooting his wife and children.

*WHAT WENT WRONG?*

California Institute of Clinical Psychology Studied his case and found “what went wrong?”

The researcher met the boy's friends and family and found that he lost his job due to America’s economic crisis and he had to sit without a job for a long time. After even reducing his previous salary amount, he didn't get any job. Then his house installment broke and he and his family lost the home. they survived a few months with less money and then he and his wife together decided to commit suicide. He first shot his wife and children and then shot himself.

The case concluded that the man was Programmed for success but he was not trained for handling failures.

Now let's come to the actual question, What are the habits of highly successful people?

First of all, there are many people who will tell you about success habits but today I want to tell you that even if you have achieved everything, yet there is a chance to lose everything, nobody knows when the next economic crisis will hit the world. The best success habit according to me is getting trained for handling failures.

I also request every parent, please not only program your child to be successful but teach them how to handle failures and also teach them proper lessons about life. Learning high-level science and maths will help them to clear competitive exams but a knowledge about life will help them to face every problem. Teach them about how money works instead of teaching them to work for money. Help them in finding their passion because these degrees will not help them in the next economic crisis and we don’t know when the next crisis will hit the world..

*"Success is a lousy teacher. Failure teaches you more."*

44 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 9:10pm On May 22, 2020
One way of learning how to handle failures is to be involved in sports. I remember playing table tennis, football, volleyball, basketball, track and field. In all of those games, they will be days you will lose and days you will win. On the days you loose, your friends could mock you which could motivate to try harder next time so as to be able to win.
It is in games like that that you know that some people will naturally be better than you in some things and you better than others.
One needs to have a balance of things in life in order to handle bad times.

Sholapey:
To all parents�

There was a very brilliant boy, he always scored 100% in Science.
Got Selected for IIT Madras and scored excellent in IIT.
Went to the University of California for MBA.
Got a high paying job in America and settled there.
Married a Beautiful Tamil Girl.
Bought a 5 room big house and luxury cars.
He had everything that make him successful but a few years ago he committed suicide after shooting his wife and children.

*WHAT WENT WRONG?*

California Institute of Clinical Psychology Studied his case and found “what went wrong?”

The researcher met the boy's friends and family and found that he lost his job due to America’s economic crisis and he had to sit without a job for a long time. After even reducing his previous salary amount, he didn't get any job. Then his house installment broke and he and his family lost the home. they survived a few months with less money and then he and his wife together decided to commit suicide. He first shot his wife and children and then shot himself.

The case concluded that the man was Programmed for success but he was not trained for handling failures.

Now let's come to the actual question, What are the habits of highly successful people?

First of all, there are many people who will tell you about success habits but today I want to tell you that even if you have achieved everything, yet there is a chance to lose everything, nobody knows when the next economic crisis will hit the world. The best success habit according to me is getting trained for handling failures.

I also request every parent, please not only program your child to be successful but teach them how to handle failures and also teach them proper lessons about life. Learning high-level science and maths will help them to clear competitive exams but a knowledge about life will help them to face every problem. Teach them about how money works instead of teaching them to work for money. Help them in finding their passion because these degrees will not help them in the next economic crisis and we don’t know when the next crisis will hit the world..

*"Success is a lousy teacher. Failure teaches you more."*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:37pm On May 22, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
if Nigeria was so bad as u thinks ...what are u doing In a Nigeria treasury bills investment thread ....why not american investment treasury bills thread ?...u abuse a country as a shit hole but invest the the financials instrutments of the shit hole that spycophancy.......burundi is a dead country so even if there tb is 70 percents i cant invest a cent there

Well said buddy .. u said it all ...I have seen it all .. God bless Naija .. I said it before several yrs ago on Nairaland .. I won’t bad mouth country wey one way or the other I Dey get blessings from

I met an American consular Officer at a mall that has worked in Kenya , and Nigerian.. He kept on talking about his love for Naija .. He said he felt sad after his tenure that he didn’t wanna come back to the states after many years of service..Am sure they may be more foreigners like that

There are some good opportunities abroad if u are there tap into it .. Same there are many opportunities in Naija as well , if you open ur eyes very well u can tap into it as well
Every country with I’m own palaver o !!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01am On May 23, 2020
feelamong:
Some basic terminologies frequently used in Treasury Bills:

OMO (Open Market Operations):
It is used either as an expansionary or as a contraction measure to control the amount of money in the financial system. When CBN buys from the OMO, funds are injected into the system in order to stimulate growth; while sale of OMO by CBN mops up excess funds from the system.
Where is Mr. Feelamong? God's protection over you wherever you are in Jesus mighty name. Stay safe sir!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by gogedda: 1:43am On May 23, 2020
Following all the conversations slow and steady. God bless all our seniors. I hail all of una oo

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by bisiswag(f): 5:02am On May 23, 2020
Goodmorning guys. Please I have some loose cash that I may not need in the next couple of years. Asides TBILLS,please how else can I invest this money please,specifically in the bank please.
@ahiboilandgas and every other person . Thanks in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 5:34am On May 23, 2020
Thanks.
unite4real:

Leaving it it blank will not affect your allotment.

Just ensure the cscs and clearing house number is there.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2020
A few pages behind you will find Sukuk funds, I suggest you tap into it asap since it has a time frame.
bisiswag:
Goodmorning guys. Please I have some loose cash that I may not need in the next couple of years. Asides TBILLS,please how else can I invest this money please,specifically in the bank please.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 7:58am On May 23, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Very well said, sir. Relocating to Canada through PR is not even easy for the average Nigerian because you need to show POF of at least 3.5m within the last 6 months.

Most people who tow that route are quite well to do, so clearly, the financial rewards they "may" get in Canada is not the main attraction because they are already getting it in Nigeria.

The reason is: BETTER LIFE. Within the last 2 years, at least 4 senior staff on nearly 6m annual salary in my organization have relocated to Canada for the same reason.

Make God just pick person call...

I always say that 'for every relocation by somebody, a space is created for another to occupy'. How i wish these countries can take 20% of Nigerians so that those looking for jobs can take over the spaces.

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by timbs001(m): 8:58am On May 23, 2020
missjekyll:
Can any of you lovely people recommend a good e-commerce web developer? Thanks in advance

I just ran out of the shopify website. As a shopaholic, I never appreciated the work that goes into running the websites I click so carelessly with a nutella coated finger.

Incase you are yet to get someone. I can help design a great and functional Ecommerce website for you with an accompanying mobile app.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 9:14am On May 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

No problem

Please Pa Emma and Ahib and other gurus. Can one subscribe to this Sukuk bond through bank? Or is it stock broking firm alone? Though I have cscs account because I deal with Cashcraft. If is through bank, I bank with Stanbic. Please your clarification will be of great help. Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:20am On May 23, 2020
bisiswag:

How long have you been coming to this thread?

If you just started coming here today, I will advise you to continue doing that for the next one week you will get answers to your questions.

If you have been coming here for more than a week, can you list three investment opportunities you have identified since you started coming here?

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2020
Mills55:

Please Pa Emma and Ahib and other gurus. Can one subscribe to this Sukuk bond through bank? Or is it stock broking firm alone? Though I have cscs account because I deal with Cashcraft. If is through bank, I bank with Stanbic. Please your clarification will be of great help. Thanks.

Check the form, you can buy through any of the agents on the form.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Tvegas(m): 9:26am On May 23, 2020
IyawoToBe:
I haven't seen your response bro.
I have responded.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2020
bisiswag:

If the investment must be in the bank I guess you only have fixed deposit as option. Otherwise you need Asset Mgt company like investment one (former GTBank Asset management) for you to invest in mutual fund like VGIF or mmf with Gurranteed 8.5% for the former.
In the actual sense all investment involves the bank one way or the other. You can as well take advantage of the current sukuk bond and invest.
To open investment accounts click on the link on my signature or call me.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 9:38am On May 23, 2020
ukay2:

731 naira after 6months for 500k

Shey FGN Suku bonds de na

11.2% of 500k will give you 28k every six months for 7 years and your 500k will come back after 7 years...

Pls how can someone apply
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sagio09: 9:53am On May 23, 2020
9jatriot:
I am trying to fill the form, what should I put in the column indicated by the arrow in the picture attached. Is that the financial house or stock broking firm I am using?

But if you will be using the form u don't need to do all those things. I'll also show u the form.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sagio09: 10:00am On May 23, 2020
9jatriot:
I am trying to fill the form, what should I put in the column indicated by the arrow in the picture attached. Is that the financial house or stock broking firm I am using?

Its a security and deposit number u're to put there. If you don't have it you need to go and register with the help of a reputable stock brocker.
But if you will be using the form u don't need to do all those things. I'll also show u the form.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sagio09: 10:02am On May 23, 2020
Mills55:

Yes u can, i am also an agent with TAJBANK.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sagio09: 10:03am On May 23, 2020
just2endowed:

Pls how can someone apply
I'll send you the form through ur mail. Dm me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sagio09: 10:05am On May 23, 2020
bisiswag:
I can help you to invest in FGN SUKUK. dm me ur mail.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 4tunebest(f): 10:11am On May 23, 2020
To subscribe to the ongoing sukuk bond, you do not need anybody's help to invest, neither do you need to send a private message to anyone. All you need do is to visit the DMO website (dmo.gov.ng), download the form, fill and submit to any of the agents listed on the form

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 10:31am On May 23, 2020
NL1960:

I always say that 'for every relocation by somebody, a space is created for another to occupy'. How i wish these countries can take 20% of Nigerians so that those looking for jobs can take over the spaces.

Loooooool

(1) (2) (3) ... (1237) (1238) (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: xezoid(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.