Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4434534 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sirrotex: 1:22pm On May 23, 2020
Most banks usually automatically renew ATM cards and sometimes throws your account into debit when it is not funded. What I usually do is to write a letter to the bank instructing it to stop renewing my card. I always have an acknowledgement copy of the letter for future reference.
Anytime they produce a subsequent card , I demand a refund based on my duly acknowledged letter.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 1:47pm On May 23, 2020
4tunebest:
To subscribe to the ongoing sukuk bond, you do not need anybody's help to invest, neither do you need to send a private message to anyone. All you need do is to visit the DMO website (dmo.gov.ng), download the form, fill and submit to any of the agents listed on the form
The FORM

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/fgn-bonds/sovereign-sukuk/3187-fgn-sukuk-subscription-form-1/file

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 23, 2020
How do I reach CBN customer care unit?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 1:52pm On May 23, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:17pm On May 23, 2020
Thisnut:
one of the main reasons we are not seeing a lot of dead bodies in nigeria from this covid 19 is because of the poor medical care in nigeria and Africa as a whole.

In nigeria is either you are sick and dead or your are alive and healthy. The poor medical care in nigeria has made it impossible to have people with medical conditions. Someone with cancer will die within 5 years, someone with common headache will die for no reason. A corn-tree where someone dies after a brief illness.

Very hard to see people in their 80s in exceptions of few grandparents who are genetically superior, not because of proper medical care, of which their ages are highly inflated due to no proper age documentations. ages being given based on how old they look, their old looking can be as a result of poor care, hygiene and village lifestyle.

In 2002 when my grandmother died, her age was dated at 103years. She looks very old, walking with a cane and a saggy back but her last child at the time was just 38. As a very young teen at the time, i told my mom that it was impossible for her mom to be 103. She said the age was estimated based on the stories she told and the oba who was ruling when she was a little girl.

People dieing in the west of covid 19 are basically old folks and people with medical conditions. They have a lot of them over there, because medicine are well practiced there and can keep their people alive regardless whether they are sick or sound. Everyone has the right to live.

Taking someone to the hospital in nigeria and across Africa is like taking a corpse to the mortuary. I have never seen someone with respiratory problem in the street of Nigeria carry oxygen around.

It took me two re-reads to comprehend the emboldened. And after some reflections, i attested to the truth in it.

In the West, most folks underlying health conditions and they are able to live long with it due to a very functional health system. Unfortunately, it is this set of people that are dying in their numbers now due to COVID-19.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:18pm On May 23, 2020
Thisnut:
what you've said is not all true. While most houses are owned 100 percent in nigeria, there are reasons why people that live in the west opt for mortgage vs buying out of pocket.
Using the United States for example, you can get a mortgage as low as 2.9%APR, most folks would rather invest their money at 4% or more while maintaining the mortgage at a very low APR.

Example, in 2017 when i bought a new car, i had the cash to pay in full, but i took out a loan at 1.79% for 36 months and i invested the money at over 7%. It was more or less i was making profit from the car

The fear of home prices going down can also make some people to use mortgage vs buying out of pocket.
Take a look at the great recession between 2008 to 2012 when home prices fell to almost nothing in the United States. Houses that were bought for over 300k usd were then sold at 100k usd or less. People who bought in 5 years or less were on negative equity, the only option was foreclosure or ask the lender to give you a new principal based on the current home value. Imagine if you had bought in cash for 300k and your house now worth say 100k?

The loan and mortgage options are just so convenient in the United States provided you have excellent credit, that's why some folks can even abuse it to go on a family vacation.

Some people build houses in Nigeria for 5 years or more while the money is being tied down in an incomplete building and still paying rent to a landlord during that time or a civil servant for 30years in service can only afford to complete an average finished 3bed room bungalow.

In Nigeria, it's almost impossible to land a job that will land you that 100m naira networth in your life time without additional side hustle, while in the U.S for example, a little above minimum wage can give you that in 7-15 years if properly managed. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to live comfortably in the west, with good security, infrastructures and basic amenities.

It's true people live in big houses in Nigeria. Of what good is it if there is no electricity in it and no good road leading to the haunted mansion? Note, people also live in big houses too in the United States. As they say, everything is bigger in Texas.

Your assertion is based on favorable opinion, not necessary the truth persay.

Very very well said
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:22pm On May 23, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

He did the same to the former market leader in Nigeria, french owned Lafarge cement who have been in Nigeria for over 60 years. He actually took the market share war to the territory of Lafarge production plants in Ogun State

Then he recently headhunted the former CEO of Lafarge barely 1 month after he (the CEO) left Lafarge, defying a possible NDA agreement. There is definitely some level of guts that comes with affluence
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2020
odimbannamdi:

Then he recently headhunted the former CEO of Lafarge barely 1 month after he (the CEO) left Lafarge, defying a possible NDA agreement. There is definitely some level of guts that comes with affluence

Dangote cement offered him a bigger pay.

French managed companies are too laid back, too bad they never thought of a clause in the contracts of top management staff which forbids them from taking up appointment in a similar company, operating in the same industry, in same market.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by odimbannamdi(m): 2:50pm On May 23, 2020
oluayebenz:

So only old people are dieing of Covid-19 in the USA?

So because Nigeria lack good medical facilities that's why Nigerians are not falling on the street.

Oya clap for yourself

Lol..you did not get the man's point at all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 3:42pm On May 23, 2020
For starters like me... Do u have a few trusted colleagues or acquaintances? Then contributions (esusu) can help in savings. Which in turn can be invested. My 2m in TB today is from proceeds from esusu at my workplace. And this was achieved within a year or so. To God be d glory

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 3:49pm On May 23, 2020
FGN Sukuk is getting lots of attention from local investors, I have no doubt this sukuk is going to be oversubscribed with about 150%. Most banks are not honestly willing to help customers that don't have huge sum to invest in sukuk, too much liquidity, some banks are even saying 50m and above, and many local investors who are not too familiar with stockbroking firms might find it difficult to invest in this sukuk.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 3:49pm On May 23, 2020
Satoshi2019:
For starters like me... Do u have a few trusted colleagues or acquaintances? Then contributions (esusu) can help in savings. Which in turn can be invested. My 2m in TB today is from proceeds from esusu at my workplace. And this was achieved within a year or so. To God be d glory

What if you people contribute and give to person and the person dies?

I did that contribution thing once and noticed it's not for people like me who already have strong financial discipline.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On May 23, 2020
Satoshi2019:

Good for the average person who lacks financial discipline and delayed gratification

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 4:07pm On May 23, 2020
Donbrig:
FGN Sukuk is getting lots of attention from local investors, I have no doubt this sukuk is going to be oversubscribed with about 150%. Most banks are not honestly willing to help customers that don't have huge sum to invest in sukuk, too much liquidity, some banks are even saying 50m and above, and many local investors who are not too familiar with stockbroking firms might find it difficult to invest in this sukuk.

It's pure lack of knowledge. No bank can stop anyone.

All they need is to simply walk to the bank without asking any questions and pay 10k into the sukuk account. Then download the form online. Fill the form. Scan a copy of payment evidence and the form to the emails on the offer. It's done.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2020
WHEN DUE DILIGENCE BECOMES PROCRASTINATION Beware!
Generally, we are told “do your due diligence” very good and important, however, let’s be careful sometimes in the name of due diligence one may end up in procrastination which is fueled by fear most times.
Especially for those just joining or about to join the investment journey, don’t give in to procrastination in the name of due diligence. Due diligence should lead you to making reasonable and informed decision within a reasonable time otherwise the delay in making that investment decision has become procrastination which is also exhibited by the fearful.
Remember fear will hinder you from making the money you aught to make and greed will make you lose the money you already made.
Sukuk bond, other bonds, mutual funds – MMF, VGIF, even stocks are out there for you to take the opportunity. Don’t wait too long in the name of due diligence. Some of the investment windows are time bound. Make a move and invest. Nothing to small, just start.
You are a call away from the professionals call 08181057319 and click on the link on my signature to start investing.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Satoshi2019: 4:10pm On May 23, 2020
Grupo:

I did that contribution thing once and noticed it's not for people like me who already have strong financial discipline.

What if d person that paid u died before his own turn. Life is full of what ifs. But that doesn't stop one from doing what works for him. Everybody cannot die dsame time. For me esusu is like a zero interest loan for investment especially wen I collect early in the schedule

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2020
sleekender:
Can you please refer me to these shipping companies ?

I actually don't like doing recommendations so if anything goes wrong, You don't drag my name along. Almost every information I used in making money was learned right here on nairaland. So do your own research.

That said, If I can remember correctly, I used a guy here on nairaland called aleairhub or so and once used crisvicmall. These are long time ago thou.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talk2tonie: 4:18pm On May 23, 2020
Satoshi2019:

What if d person that paid u died before his own turn. Life is full of what ifs. But that doesn't stop one from doing what works for him. Everybody cannot die dsame time. For me esusu is like a zero interest loan for investment especially wen I collect early in the schedule

It is all well and good.
All the best.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 4:32pm On May 23, 2020
You are sure of this simplified process!

unite4real:

All they need is to simply walk to the bank without asking any questions and pay 10k into the sukuk account. Then download the form online. Fill the form. Scan a copy of payment evidence and the form to the emails on the offer. It's done.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:38pm On May 23, 2020
Grupo:

we used to b4 ...as a policy i collect 1st ...or i no do ...reason is that i understand the time value of money...if 10 of us agreed to do 500k each per months for 10 months =5m ...so i will collect and buy tb at 15 percent =750k then add 250k to make 1m and pay for consistently for 3 months ..having avoid paying 1 st installments ..so it like collecting loan with 3 months monitoriums at zero rate ....i stop caused it caused problems

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 4:41pm On May 23, 2020
ojesymsym:
You are sure of this simplified process!

Yes. I have done same twice. 2017 and 2018. Sukuk 1 and Sukuk 2

Besides that's the procedure that was advertised. There is even a short video advert that also explained this short proceduy. I don't know if it can be attached here

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 4:47pm On May 23, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 4:49pm On May 23, 2020
unite4real:

How do I walk to the bank and pay 50M into the sukuk account? Can one pay via bank transfer?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:07pm On May 23, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
How do I walk to the bank and pay 50M into the sukuk account? Can one pay via bank transfer?

Do not do online transfer. Fill an account transfer form in the bank.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 5:07pm On May 23, 2020
It's been a while i heard from AleAirHub Edokpa Moses, he is busy with his cargo business.

@Ogogoro i have to discuss with you, could you mail me at paulsmithson1019@gmail.com

OgogoroFreak:
I actually don't like doing recommendations so if anything goes wrong, You don't drag my name along. Almost every information I used in making money was learned right here on nairaland. So do your own research.

That said, If I can remember correctly, I used a guy here on nairaland called aleairhub or so and once used crisvicmall. These are long time ago thou.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:09pm On May 23, 2020
Manwarrior55:

Do you have the link for the video sir

I do not. An account officer from one of the financial advisers sent it to me.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
we used to b4 ...as a policy i collect 1st ...or i no do ...reason is that i understand the time value of money...if 10 of us agreed to do 500k each per months for 10 months =5m ...so i will collect and buy tb at 15 percent =750k then add 250k to make 1m and pay for consistently for 3 months ..having avoid paying 1 st installments ..so it like collecting loan with 3 months monitoriums at zero rate ....i stop caused it caused problems

Wow. This sounds so intelligent.

If Tbills rates go up a bit, I may convince some friends for us to form another esusu.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 5:46pm On May 23, 2020
Grupo:

Wow. This sounds so intelligent.

If Tbills rates go up a bit, I may convince some friends for us to form another esusu.
smart guy keep secret...na ma wining formular be that then...no tell plenty people cause if they know ..they will be draging 1st

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluwaleokey: 5:50pm On May 23, 2020
Sholapey:
To all parents

There was a very brilliant boy, he always scored 100% in Science.
Got Selected for IIT Madras and scored excellent in IIT.
Went to the University of California for MBA.
Got a high paying job in America and settled there.
Married a Beautiful Tamil Girl.
Bought a 5 room big house and luxury cars.
He had everything that make him successful but a few years ago he committed suicide after shooting his wife and children.

*WHAT WENT WRONG?*

California Institute of Clinical Psychology Studied his case and found “what went wrong?”

The researcher met the boy's friends and family and found that he lost his job due to America’s economic crisis and he had to sit without a job for a long time. After even reducing his previous salary amount, he didn't get any job. Then his house installment broke and he and his family lost the home. they survived a few months with less money and then he and his wife together decided to commit suicide. He first shot his wife and children and then shot himself.

The case concluded that the man was Programmed for success but he was not trained for handling failures.

Now let's come to the actual question, What are the habits of highly successful people?

First of all, there are many people who will tell you about success habits but today I want to tell you that even if you have achieved everything, yet there is a chance to lose everything, nobody knows when the next economic crisis will hit the world. The best success habit according to me is getting trained for handling failures.

I also request every parent, please not only program your child to be successful but teach them how to handle failures and also teach them proper lessons about life. Learning high-level science and maths will help them to clear competitive exams but a knowledge about life will help them to face every problem. Teach them about how money works instead of teaching them to work for money. Help them in finding their passion because these degrees will not help them in the next economic crisis and we don’t know when the next crisis will hit the world..

*"Success is a lousy teacher. Failure teaches you more."*

Inspiring
Educating

Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kisszhira(m): 5:56pm On May 23, 2020
unite4real:

I do not. An account officer from one of the financial advisers sent it to me.

Can you state the sukuk bond Acc to pay in. Preferably First Bank Acc

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godbpraised: 5:57pm On May 23, 2020
Correct my brother. Before egungun enter express. my wife wan carry hug money give me self to help her invest i refuse. I believe in do it urself .
ukay2:

Oga, he can do it himself.

No private message please.

Just guide him here let everyone sees it

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 6:03pm On May 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
smart guy keep secret...na ma wining formular be that then...no tell plenty people cause if they know ..they will be draging 1st

I know. Thank you for the insight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1239) (1240) (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.