Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,517 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465720 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 11:05pm On May 23, 2020
Alaska90:

Sorry I am just trying to clarify things, I am still new too please.

I have a broker account and the CHN....so I am not sure which one is the CSCS number.

I use Morgan Capital

And I have just logged in to CSCS nigeria website too....I only saw the CHN and account number on my portfolio details

So I guess that's my CSCS account number?

The number digits is the cscs. It has only numbers.

The one that alphanumeric perhaps starting with letter C with a combination of numbers and last 2 digits are alphabets is the CHN

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 23, 2020
unite4real:

The one that alphanumeric perhaps starting with letter C with a combination of numbers and last 2 digits are alphabets is the CHN

Great. I have used them as you have just explained. However, my quick question is: must we provide the Custodian A/C No.? I did not use it. I just left the place blank. I hope it won't be an issue.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 11:36pm On May 23, 2020
mra123:

Great. I have used them as you have just explained. However, my quick question is: must we provide the Custodian A/C No.? I did not use it. I just left the place blank. I hope it won't be an issue.

Leave it blank and u are good

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 23, 2020
unite4real:

Leave it blank and u are good

Perfect!

Cheers mate smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 11:57pm On May 23, 2020
unite4real:

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 12:25am On May 24, 2020
mra123:

Perfect!

Cheers mate smiley

Sorry for disturbing you again

But I don't think the residency part of the form can affect your allotment right?

I normally use my naija address for all my investment
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:57am On May 24, 2020
Alaska90:

Sorry for disturbing you again

But I don't think the residency part of the form can affect your allotment right?

I normally use my naija address for all my investment

I selected that I am based in Nigeria (i.e. I am a Resident). I also used my Nigerian address. I believe it is not an issue. No one knows where we are. smiley

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wura2u: 1:17am On May 24, 2020
mra123:

I selected that I am based in Nigeria (i.e. I am a Resident). I also used my Nigerian address. I believe it is not an issue. No one knows where we are. smiley

You have just notified us you are not resident in Nigeria. You see yourself? I am going to blacklist you���

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:36am On May 24, 2020
mra123:

Too much info. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Alaska90(m): 1:52am On May 24, 2020
wura2u:

You have just notified us you are not resident in Nigeria. You see yourself? I am going to blacklist you���

Sorry oh ...it was a follow up question oh

Too much question no good

I am in Lagos oh grin

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by abraolas1: 4:40am On May 24, 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:53am On May 24, 2020
wura2u:

I am kidding sir grin smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54am On May 24, 2020
Sholapey:
Too much info. cheesy

I know! grin smiley

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by qmd24(m): 6:52am On May 24, 2020
Thank you.

This is why we love this thread.

Sukuk2 was at 15. 7 % while this round is at 11. 2 %. This may not keep up with the current inflation level, especially if naira continues to nose-dive as predicted on this forum.

Isn't FG shortchanging us? (I miss the days of TB @ 16%).

@ Gurus in the house, should I maintain my Pounds sterling position or do more of this. I have already liquidated my dollar reserve for this.
How long should one hold this Sukuk 3 to maintain value?

abraolas1:
This might answer most of the Sukuk Question

https://www.dmo.gov.ng/fgn-bonds/sovereign-sukuk/2635-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-second-fgn-sukuk

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 7:23am On May 24, 2020
qmd24:
Thank you.

This is why we love this thread.

Sukuk2 was at 15. 7 % while this round is at 11. 2 %. This may not keep up with the current inflation level, especially if naira continues to nose-dive as predicted on this forum.

Isn't FG shortchanging us? (I miss the days of TB @ 16%).

@ Gurus in the house, should I maintain my Pounds sterling position or do more of this. I have already liquidated my dollar reserve for this.
How long should one hold this Sukuk 3 to maintain value?

The last two sukuks actually beat inflation by far. The first was over 16% while the last one was 15.7%. this third issue is way below inflation at 11.2%. times are hard even our money's are not finding it funny. This very sukuk has low rates and not palatible but again you ask yourself what other investment should I use my money on.

If rates go up from next year and you sell this sukuk, you will run at a loss.

With Emefiele's CBN kalokalo policies, it's hard to predict rates nowadays. We are just throwing our nets in the waters and expecting anything that it catches.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 8:21am On May 24, 2020
You have made some good points but remember there is something in investment a lot of people don't know.
An investment in Sukuk at 11.2% now will be worth over 16% by January 2021 due to interest appreciation from now till the next 6 months, you get the point now grin

Selling the bonds after six months will result in loss if rates go up so it is best to hold till maturity, from the look of things those juicy days of 16 percent are most likely to be offered to N50m and above investors going forward.

unite4real:

The last two sukuks actually beat inflation by far. The first was over 16% while the last one was 15.7%. this third issue is way below inflation at 11.2%. times are hard even our money's are not finding it funny. This very sukuk has low rates and not palatible but again you ask yourself what other investment should I use my money on.

If rates go up from next year and you sell this sukuk, you will run at a loss.

With Emefiele's CBN kalokalo policies, it's hard to predict rates nowadays. We are just throwing our nets in the waters and expecting anything that it catches.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 9:33am On May 24, 2020
Considering the way things are going globally, with unpredictable economic future, 11.2% sukuk is not bad at all. I personally don't believe rates will go up anytime soon. Twice this year in Abuja and Lagos, Bola Tinubu had said that a high interest rate is inimical to employment creation and hurts the economy badly, this is a man who is a god-father to 80% of our economic team, including our Vice President. Any investment above 10% is a good investment, if you can compound your profits, you could end up beating the inflation rate with your earnings.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:34am On May 24, 2020
Burchester:

Does this mean 11.20% per annum interest. And is it compound interest for 7 years ??
how much will I get if I invest 2m?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:41am On May 24, 2020
bmarketing:
Please house, FGN Sukuk is 7 years while FGN savings Bonds is 3 years right?
Yes but has been suspended till further notice as a result of the pandemic.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:44am On May 24, 2020
Barrytone:

Am not a guru but you deserve an answer. The gurus will attend to you when they wake. The present SUKUK bond at 11.2% is a better deal. That amount (about 18m) that fetches you about 700k now will be getting you over 2m every year. 11% is fair considering the rates now and future expectations.
please how is calculated
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 9jatriot(m): 9:44am On May 24, 2020
See attached image.
At the end of the 7th year, you should get your principal back, all things being equal.
yazga:
how much will I get if I invest 2m?

10 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:48am On May 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Thanks, we are doing well in the open.

Most Investment WhatsApp group admins use that avenue to sell funny and suspicious business opportunities to hungry and lazy people who want fast money, these usually end in losses and tears
Hmmmmmmm can that also be said of the NSE WhatsApp group? Or you don't think TB should equally have a WhatsApp group? Because am very sure there are some things discussed in SMI that is not in the open
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 9:55am On May 24, 2020
9jatriot:
See attached image.
At the end of the 7th year, you should get your principal plus interest, all things being equal.
Thank you sir but I don't understand the calculation is it 2m *11.2% divided by 12
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Salliet(m): 10:02am On May 24, 2020
1kinggy:

Most of those rates are p.a.

So divide them by 12 to see what exactly they are offering you.

Thanks I know the rates are annualized. However, I need someone who has run the investment for sometime successfully or not to give an honest review or feedback on lessons learned.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michealekene(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2020
ukay2:

Yes Sir.

I noticed there are levels of investing ones pension fund

I think levels 1-4.....I think it was introduced 3 years ago.

The highest percentage return I saw then was level 3 for my age.....so I chose level 3 which has higher percentage ROI. My pension interest became higher than before.

I think I will enjoy this higher interest until age of 60 other thereabout before I will be automatically return to level 1......can't remember the full details.

I got this from my stanbic ibtc pension manager, when I made enquiry on investing my pension myself. At least the interest is better for the last 3 years.

I use stanbic too, please how do I contact them about choosing levels of investment. I realise theres been little incremental interests on the funds on a daily basis, I was surprised.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Manwarrior55: 10:20am On May 24, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2020
yazga:
Hmmmmmmm can that also be said of the NSE WhatsApp group? Or you don't think TB should equally have a WhatsApp group? Because am very sure there are some things discussed in SMI that is not in the open

If I may ask what will a WhatsApp group give you, that cant be discussed here.

Can you list some of the things, discussed on SMI that is not in the open?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 10:26am On May 24, 2020
yazga:
Yes but has been suspended till further notice as a result of the pandemic.
Which one did they suspend please ?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 10:41am On May 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Can you list some of the things, discussed in SMI that is not in the open?
whatever rocks your boat?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yazga: 10:42am On May 24, 2020
Phyde:

Which one did they suspend please ?
FG saviny bond

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by QuinModah(f): 11:16am On May 24, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Can you list some of the things, discussed in SMI that is not in the open?
Something are better ignored

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ujay01: 11:48am On May 24, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
smart guy keep secret...na ma wining formular be that then...no tell plenty people cause if they know ..they will be draging 1st

So true. I've experienced this.

I usually insist on being the first to collect the monthly contribution that I do with some of my colleagues at work. The money is then used to invest in treasury bills (when rates were still high). A colleague turned friend of mine (who wasn't a part of the contributors) then wanted to understand my interest in the monthly contribution despite my discipined savings culture. I then confided in her that I usually collect first and invest in tb. This year, she indicated her interest to join the group and insisted that she was going to be first.

I just used the argument that a new comer should not be first to retain my first position.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1241) (1242) (1243) (1244) (1245) (1246) (1247) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.