Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4459927 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Bbbwings: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2020
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Afr0mentalist: 11:26am On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:
Société General is well established in Europe, they are one of the strongest banks. No Nigerian banking with Société General Europe has ever lost a dime.

Understand before you argue.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 14, 2020
I really don’t know what to say to you sad
Philantropists:

Okocha didnt lose money, société generale is still active up till today as an entity. It was the société general who received neymars transfer fee of €222 million euros a few years ago.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddie7: 11:59am On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:

Okocha didnt lose money, société generale is still active up till today as an entity. It was the société general who received neymars transfer fee of €222 million euros a few years ago.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 12:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
ojesymsym:
My first thought was that it was Barrytone, but Barry does not seem to be someone to take a Forex risk, someone that would not even go into bonds. That reasoning made me decide the two personality are not in tandem, but the drama of this morning where a similey respectable moniker on this thread came in another form to be throwing insults left and right means one can no longer fully know who each personality are.

Too many confusing double monikers nowadays

The day oga Ema will come with another moniker to start promoting ponzi schemes is the day I will hands up fully and give up on humanity, for now, I am still holding on to a thin thread

Please, I want to send you a Pm. Should I?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Philantropists: 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2020
The fact is that Okocha didnot lose money to Société General Europe, Sariki and his cohorts ran a local game and that is most likely the answer to your misinterpretation.

Sariki has nothing to do with Société General Europe, he is no where in the history of Société General Europe, here are some facts.

Wickedfact:

They said Société Generale and they said consolidation exercise of 2005. Even if you are ignorant of the fact that there was a bank called Société Generale in Nigeria and they didn't mention Nigeria, was there consolidation exercise in Europe in 2005?
Try to dey add 1 plus 1 before posting now. Don't just be looking for argument where there is none.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojesymsym: 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
We can use here, set up as a temporal google doc to chat or better still use a dead thread to mention me.
Grupo:

Please, I want to send you a Pm. Should I?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:
The fact is that Okocha didnot lose money to Société General Europe, Sariki and his cohorts ran a local game and that is most likely the answer to your misinterpretation.

Sariki has nothing to do with Société General Europe, he is no where in the history of Société General Europe, here are some facts.

Bro you are the one that brought Societe General Europe into the talk.

You must have been 2 years old in 2005 when it happened, that is the only plausible reason as to why you are arguing about this.

13 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedfact: 3:04pm On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:

Stop arguing foolishly and making a fool of yourself. There was no argument here before you started talking nonsense.
There was a bank called Société Generale in Nigeria. Saraki didn't run a game, the bank was licensed by the CBN. What happened was that they ran down the bank due to mismanagement and involvement in politics.

When we were talking about Société Generale and you were talking about Neymar, I knew you are most likely a teenager and that bank ran down before you were born. No dey argue mumu argument.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
Wickedfact:

Stop arguing foolishly and making a fool of yourself. There was no argument here before you started talking nonsense.
There was a bank called Société Generale in Nigeria. Saraki didn't run a game, the bank was licensed by the CBN. What happened was that they ran down the bank due to mismanagement and involvement in politics.

When we were talking about Société Generale and you were talking about Neymar, I knew you are most likely a teenager and that bank ran down before you were born. No dey argue mumu argument.

You are definitely wicked before the facts, before now, we exercise patience to explain things to youngsters. To me, this thread is a coaching club. We motivate and groom investors, I learnt here. Let's try to educate with patience. I love all,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 14, 2020
RayRay06677:
Being learning a lot here, I personally decides to risk 5m last week on the ponzi. 2m for 50% quarterly, 2m for 15% monthly and 1m for 20%. 3 different forex trading firms in Uyo. I advise against it but I needed to take a risk, have been extra careful in my investment years and I think giving out that chunk is cool. Was even thinking of taking it to 30m but I will wait and see how my 5m crashes. (all 3 firms at once).

Lol. I had to run to check the day you registered on Nairaland... last month... only a f00l can actually fall for this...

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:26pm On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:

There was Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria (SGBN). I once did an interview with them but did not take up the offer. It has now been acquired by Heritage Bank.

Read this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritage_Banking_Company_Limited

"In 2012, the core investor, IEI Plc, through IEI Investments Limited, acquired the Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria "

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Philantropists: 4:28pm On Sep 14, 2020
Neymar has nothing to do with Société General, his former club paid a cheque through Société General who one of you alleged defrauded JayJay Okocha and i brought it to you that Société General Europe can NEVER defraud anyone rather it's a local game they ran on Okocha, are you having amnesia?

I am very much older than all of you running mouth and has more money as well. I have an account with Société. General too, if not there is nothing to prove i would have posted my Société General account balanace here, obviously it will give you a seizure.

Wickedfact:

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Philantropists: 4:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
I have seen this, the Société Générale translated Society General has been in existence since 1864 or before.

Somehow Nigerians established the same and ran it down, the European Société General has never gone down under rather they are expanding rapidly in Europe. The argument they put forward was that Okocha was defrauded by Société General, he may have been but not with Société Générale Europe (very impossible).

NL1960:

There was Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria (SGBN). I once did an interview with them but did not take up the offer. It has now been acquired by Heritage Bank.

Read this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritage_Banking_Company_Limited

"In 2012, the core investor, IEI Plc, through IEI Investments Limited, acquired the Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria "

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cyberknight: 4:46pm On Sep 14, 2020
Wait, are we still arguing about Saraki's bank, SGBN?
For the record, that bank really existed, and failed in 03 or 04, I can't remember which.
Around the same time Jim Nwobodo's Savannah Bank also went under.

It's the reverse of BCCI, whose Nigerian arm evolved into African International Bank when its global parent failed.

I am surprised that this is a matter for debate.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedfact: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Philantropists:
Neymar has nothing to do with Société General, his former club paid a cheque through Société General who one of you alleged defrauded JayJay Okocha and i brought it to you that Société General Europe can NEVER defraud anyone rather it's a local game they ran on Okocha, are you having amnesia?

I am very much older than all of you running mouth and has more money as well. I have an account with Société. General too, if not there is nothing to prove i would have posted my Société. General account balanace here, obviously it will give you a seizure.

If you are above 15 years of age I'm disappointed that you can vomit this BS. Even a toddler is not supposed to be this stupid.
There is Gtbank in Nigeria and there is Gtbank in the Gambia. If the Gambian office runs down, is unable to pay depositors and finally shuts down, does it make sense to you that Gtbank in the Gambia can't run down because you have an account with the one in Nigeria?
Your age has nothing to do with wisdom. In fact, in your case, it is inversely proportional. I would continue to hammer sense into your coconut head till it enters. Insult me, na you sabi. But you must learn by force.

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wickedfact: 4:49pm On Sep 14, 2020
RayRay06677:

You are definitely wicked before the facts, before now, we exercise patience to explain things to youngsters. To me, this thread is a coaching club. We motivate and groom investors, I learnt here. Let's try to educate with patience. I love all,

Thanks sir. I won't reply the poster again. Let other discussions continue.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 5:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
tumababa:

Lol. I had to run to check the day you registered on Nairaland... last month... only a f00l can actually fall for this...

By replying you fell for it, but it's OK because you can unfall and it's not late. If you have been long enough then you would have known that people changes moniker while some even have multiple moniker. Like I advised, please unfall. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
RayRay06677:

By replying you fell for it, but it's OK because you can unfall and it's not late. If you have been long enough then you would have known that people changes moniker while some even have multiple moniker. Like I advised, please unfall. Thanks
Don't mind him/her joor...Some of them are monitoring spirit.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 7:39pm On Sep 14, 2020
This Philanthropic guy eh cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dgitrader(m): 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
Wickedfact:

If you are above 15 years of age I'm disappointed that you can vomit this BS. Even a toddler is not supposed to be this stupid.
There is Gtbank in Nigeria and there is Gtbank in the Gambia. If the Gambian office runs down, is unable to pay depositors and finally shuts down, does it make sense to you that Gtbank in the Gambia can't run down because you have an account with the one in Nigeria?
Your age has nothing to do with wisdom. In fact, in your case, it is inversely proportional. I would continue to hammer sense into your coconut head till it enters. Insult me, na you sabi. But you must learn by force.
How can the 'coconut head' learn? grin Stop wasting your energy then!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by INFOTECH2: 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2020
Good day everyone

Please has anyone invested in Gold ETF in Nigeria?

Kindly guide us on steps to take.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cirtapoyat: 7:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
Are you for real? It appears your case is beyond redemption.
Philantropists:

I have seen this, the Société Générale translated Society General has been in existence since 1864 or before.

Somehow Nigerians established the same and ran it down, the European Société General has never gone down under rather they are expanding rapidly in Europe. The argument they put forward was that Okocha was defrauded by Société General, he may have been but not with Société Générale Europe (very impossible).

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drealj: 7:55pm On Sep 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Sarakis were the major shareholder of Societe Generale Bank in Nigeria.

Bukola Saraki was the CEO of the bank before he became the governor of Kwara State.

Bukola Saraki convinced Okocha to deposit money in his bank and offered him more then the industrial average interest rates.

Be careful of banks that offer you interest rates that are far higher than the average rates

A microfinance bank is currently offering 14% on fixed deposit
The useless Bukola saraki and Abdulfatai Ahmed. Awon eyan Hushpuppy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2020
VGIF FUNDS SHEET FOR Q2 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mindtricks: 9:31pm On Sep 14, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

You cannot lose all your money in a SEC regulated fund, you can tell me of any you know in Nigeria

I have given you the types of funds

Money market fund

Fixed income fund

Eurobond fund

Equity funds

Balanced funds

Real Estate Investment Trust funds.

The various funds have their features. The funds have fund managers, Trustees, Registrars and the overall regulator SEC.

The fund manager manages the fund and invests in the recommended Investments for the fund, finances of the fund are with the Trustees. The trustees ensures that the fund and fund manager operates within the regulated investments, ensure compliance, corporate governance, fairness and ethics.

The trustees also send monthly and quarterly reports to the regulator, that is SEC. The Registrars keep records of the Investors of the fund.

The riskiest is equity fund, but also gives the highest returns. But it is not possible for investors to lose all their funds.

If you know any SEC regulated Investment, where Investors lost all their funds you can share the name of such funds

Nice one.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by INFOTECH2: 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
INFOTECH2:
Good day everyone

Please has anyone invested in Gold ETF in Nigeria?

Kindly guide us on steps to take.

Any response please
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
Strange person having 1 bn naira to invest in tb will be hustling scholarship fees from students ....he suppose to have a foundation to give scholarships..
RealityShot:
thank you Sir for encouraging me to get into business!
It's been bliss!

18% per month and I was begging FG for 10% per year lolzzz

Thank you Sir

Others go out and start that business on your mind (do learn from others In the business O)

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 15, 2020
emmasoft:
VGIF FUNDS SHEET FOR Q2 2020
How is this fund able to guarantee 7.5% returns when the returns on the underlying fixed income securities that it mainly invests in are tanking?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2020
Lazyyouth4u:

How is this fund able to guarantee 7.5% returns when the average returns on the underlying fixed income securities that it mainly invests in are tanking?

The facts are there Sir. VGIF is not mmf. The principal underlying assets are not tanking or yielding below the bench mark, moreover that is our core duty to mange investors funds as stipulated on the product prospectus hence I encourage you and others to allow us monitor and worry about your funds and make your wealth grow pandemic or no pandemic.

Already you can see that the fund is yielding above the 7.5% bench mark and this has always been the case over the years and as we speak the future is still bright.

The taste of the pudding is in the eating as they say, so come on board and see investment one putting smiles on your face.

Open account today with the link on my signature. It's free. You can as well talk to me 08181057319

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2020
There is tbill auction tomorrow. It seems I'll just close my eyes and go for 1 year tenure no matter the rate.

I prioritize my peace of mind above all.

By the way, are there still people here that invest in TB? Or am I about to be the only one?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 9:34am On Sep 15, 2020
Grupo:
There is tbill auction tomorrow. It seems I'll just close my eyes and go for 1 year tenure no matter the rate.

I prioritize my peace of mind above all.

By the way, are there still people here that invest in TB? Or am I about to be the only one?

There are. But you can try VGIF for better returns with Safty of capital and interest Gurranteed.

Read my previous posts to get more or contact me with the phone number on my signature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1540) (1541) (1542) (1543) (1544) (1545) (1546) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.