Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,176 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (1943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4429714 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2021
maishai:
During Goodluck days, I'm not holding brief for him, trills rate went as high as 19%, I now understand I should have massively invested in bonds, then when one could get as high as 17%.....,.

I now ask what made the cbn of then set such high interest rates

No, problem, you would rather hold brief for your clueless brother who has run the country aground.

Is that stupid disclaimer really necessary??

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emndy(m): 12:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
exclusiveoloori:
Fbn quest says they have changed account details so I was sent a new one by one of their reps via mail. She said the whole process is online. Can anyone here send me their new account details for confirmation before I do the transfer? Thanks

Yes, fund managers now receive funds/subscriptions via their custodian banks (as it should be).
FBNQ made the change too.

hope this picture helps.

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by exclusiveoloori: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
Emndy:

Yes, fund managers now receive funds/subscriptions via their custodian banks (as it should be).
FBNQ made the change too.

hope this picture helps.

Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:22pm On Jun 23, 2021
Adinije:
Can one buy bond remotely, without going to the bank pls?

Stanbic
yes i did same. if u av CSCS ACCOUNT just fund your stockbroaking account and send a mandate tru email

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
pls Oga Emmanuelewumi, i need clarifications on some things sir,, i bought a bond from stanbic @ 12.4% but to my suprise after i demanded for the analysis i discoverd that at maturity, my face value will be less tha my initial capital. like 49k will miss from my capital according to their breakdown. is this a normal thing or something went wrong? the bond is at 100.05 @ d rate of 12.4%
emmanuelewumi:

Yes

Inflation will affect interest rates

The interest earned so far by the bond will also affect the price, because the coupons are calculated daily.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
pls Oga Emmanuelewumi, i need clarifications on some things sir,, i bought a bond from stanbic @ 12.4% but to my suprise after i demanded for the analysis i discoverd that at maturity, my face value will be less tha my initial capital. like 49k will miss from my capital according to their breakdown. is this a normal thing or something went wrong? the bond is at 100.05 @ d rate of 12.4%

When will it mature? What was the yield?

From my calculation you invested about N1 Million and you have been getting a coupon of 123k per annum.

You bought at a premium, you should be more concerned the yield.

You bought at N100.05 at maturity you will be paid N100.00

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
yes i did same. if u av CSCS ACCOUNT just fund your stockbroaking account and send a mandate tru email

Who is the Stockbroker that bought for you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
stanbic ibtc stockbrokers, i just mail them and ask them for bond offer and i was asked to fun my cscs account nd the next thing i saw was transaction notification. i bought 1.5m but a change of like #890 was left in my account.
emmanuelewumi:

Who is the Stockbroker that bought for you?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
its a new deal, just 2days ago. it was sold to me on Monday.
emmanuelewumi:

From my calculation you invested about N1 Million are you have been getting a coupon of 123k per annum.

its for 2036 nd @ 12.40%.
pls let me know if they cheat me so that i can start dragging them or is this how bond works? av bn buying treasury bills, sukuk and money market. i bought bond for the first time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
its a new deal, just 2days ago. it was sold to me on Monday. its for 2036 nd @ 12.40%. pls let me know if they cheat me so that i can start dragging them or is this how bond works? av bn buying treasury bills, sukuk and money market. i bought bond for the first time

You bought at premium price ...above 100

There is Par price...100

There is discount price....below 100

You will be ok with the coupons of you stay till maturity or sell when the bond market becomes bullish
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
its a new deal, just 2days ago. it was sold to me on Monday. its for 2036 nd @ 12.40%.
pls let me know if they cheat me so that i can start dragging them or is this how bond works? av bn buying treasury bills, sukuk and money market. i bought bond for the first time

You bout at N100.05 and you will get a coupon of N12.40 per annum, your yield is 12.39%.

You will be paid at N100 at maturity if you hope to hold till then
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
am new to this, pls is everything ok with the bond or i was cheated by the broaker? and perhaps which one is the best among all these types of condition u listed. at par, at premium and at discount? thanks for ur input
ukay2:

You bought at premium price ...above 100

There is Par price...100

There is discount price....below 100

You will be ok with the coupons of you stay till maturity or sell when the bond market becomes bullish
ok if i sell at bullish will my capital be guarantee and will i make small money on it/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:25pm On Jun 23, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

From my calculation you invested about N1 Million and you have been getting a coupon of 123k per annum.

no the coupon is about 179k+
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ukay2: 2:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
am new to this, pls is everything ok with the bond or i was cheated by the broaker? and perhaps which one is the best among all these types of condition u listed. at par, at premium and at discount? thanks for ur input ok if i sell at bullish will my capital be guarantee and will i make small money on it/

Your not cheated at all

The bond is ok

Just target at discount prices next time to help you buy at discount price, like buying 1.5M bond for 1.4M...

...you get better the more you invest

Some investors may have bought at higher premium prices like 150 in the early days of their bond investments...

Keep learning as you invest....

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
its a new deal, just 2days ago. it was sold to me on Monday. its for 2036 nd @ 12.40%.
Incase you didn't understand all the grammars, the long and short of it is that, You were not cheated. Everything is fine but you MIGHT loss if you don't hold till maturity.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2021
ukay2:

Your not cheated at all

The bond is ok

Just target at discount prices next time to help you buy at discount price, like buying 1.5M bond for 1.4M...

...you get better the more you invest

Some investors may have bought at higher premium prices like 150 in the early days of their bond investments...

Keep learning as you invest....
noted boss, i was just in haste to throw the money into something b4 the rate crash again because the money had been idle in mutual fund since january and i cant really factor out any interest payment on it because of their 0.1, -0.1 rate and the likes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by maishai: 2:40pm On Jun 23, 2021
any-body here bought bond with the meritrade interface? what is the experience like.................... Im too far from lagos to visit their office
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
pls bosses in the house, is there exist any passive investment with a re-investment and compounding option?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
no the coupon is about 179k+

No bad as another stream of income, make sure you send part the extra streams of income on errands to create more money

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
pls bosses in the house, is there exist any passive investment with a re-investment and compounding option?

Fixed Income Fund.

Nothing bad in doing your reinvestment and diversification by yourself

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:52pm On Jun 23, 2021
OgogoroFreak:
Incase you didn't understand all the grammars, the long and short of it is that, You were not cheated. Everything is fine but you MIGHT loss if you don't hold till maturity.

It is plus and minus,

You invested N1,050,000 and got coupon of N125,000 for 4 years and decided to sell at N1,000.000 at a loss of 50k.

The 500k coupon is part of his return on investment.

While calculating his yield the premium paid for the investment was taken into consideration

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
good, namely pls and from which broaker can i get that investment that would allow me to reinvest my coupon annually with the capital
emmanuelewumi:

Fixed Income Fund.

Nothing bad in doing your reinvestment and diversification by yourself
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
i will do exactly boss
emmanuelewumi:

No bad as another stream of income, make sure you send part the extra streams of income on errands to create more money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
good, namely pls and from which broaker can i get that investment that would allow me to reinvest my coupon annually with the capital

I use United Capital Asset Management and FSDH Asset Management.

I get better returns from United Capital fixed income.

I reinvest the dividends, I sell when I need funds.

Sold about N1.5 million of my United Capital fixed income fund yesterday morning and got paid today.

Unlike Money Market Fund where you will be paying within hours

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

I use United Capital Asset Management and FSDH Asset Management.

I get better returns from United Capital fixed income.

I reinvest the dividends, I sell when I need funds.

Sold about N1.5 million of my United Capital fixed income fund yesterday morning and got paid today.

Unlike Money Market Fund where you will be paying within hours
noted chief
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2021
RayRay06677:
They are not telling the cost of refurbishing or maintenance of that house to keep the value at same price less a decayed house will decrease in value.

They are yet to tell you that some tenants can get you a jail term and if you use professional property manager then you will be losing money.

Man know thyself and do thyself no harm
How?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 3:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Look at what Lagos State government did to the owner of Mobile filling Station at Maryland Lagos.

That used to be the station that generated the highest sale for Mobile Oil in Nigeria.

Govt just turned the property to a motor park. Doubt if they will give the owner of the property more than N100 million.
Government gave them 150m
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lazyyouth4u:

At the end of the day, luck plays a key role.

Do you know that there are people in this Naija that do not have tenant wahala and get steady rentals from their properties that they reinvest in other properties? We are talking about tenants that will even use their own money to keep your house in the best possible shape.
This 2 in Evey 10 tenants
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:58pm On Jun 23, 2021
Hamachi:
Government gave them 150m

He will make that within 3 years. The property should be 6 plots and above

I guess he must have Invested the money made from the property in the last 40 years to other things

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
grin
400billionman:

I have been reading for long.

The response to your question should be affirmative.

When I see new buildings popping up, I hiss, because the poverty rate in the country is abysmal. Current landlords know 90% of their tenants cannot afford bills and therefore expect everything to be done for them free. The housing agents who are not in the landlord's shoes will even side with the tenants.

One landlord actually referring to his tenants called them parasites.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hamachi(f): 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

He will make that within 3 years. The property should be 6 plots and above

I guess he must have Invested the money made from the property in the last 40 years to other things
Within six months he would make that
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adinije(f): 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2021
Akerewe:
I have just Stanbic bank account

(1) (2) (3) ... (1940) (1941) (1942) (1943) (1944) (1945) (1946) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: awesomeJ(m), talk2tonie, biznus and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.