Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,048 members, 7,810,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4430531 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chimex38: 2:43pm On Mar 28
Foodempire:

Could this affect individual that stipulate their rate? Anybody with today results?
Co-Ask?😕
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28
ogawisdom:
USD still receiving woto woto

All I can do is observe as a patriotic Nigerian with so much hopes on our currency.

Expecting more positive moves from the naira.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by just2endowed: 3:26pm On Mar 28
logically its good to dump dollar small and buy govt bills on short term since dollar don fall finish
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nero4306(m): 3:44pm On Mar 28
Plz hux any update on the recent Federal Govt saving bond subscription
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Itsrm(m): 3:45pm On Mar 28
just2endowed:
logically its good to dump dollar small and buy govt bills on short term since dollar don fall finish

If it falls below 1100, I'll start accumulating gradually again as it falls.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ogawisdom(m): 4:24pm On Mar 28
RayRay06677:

All I can do is observe as a patriotic Nigerian with so much hopes on our currency.

Expecting more positive moves from the naira.

The free fall of naira was artificial and based on market sentiments it will settle between 800 and 900.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Streetinvestor2: 4:53pm On Mar 28
ogawisdom:

The free fall of naira was artificial and based on market sentiments it will settle between 800 and 900.
It will settle at 1k for some reasonable time to drink water.Then when fiscal policies begin to yeild good results it will push down more to around #800.What I am sure is speculators will learn the hard way.After this if they hear dollars na run,lol

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 5:18pm On Mar 28
Streetinvestor2:
It will settle at 1k for some reasonable time to drink water.Then when fiscal policies begin to yeild good results it will push down more to around #800.What I am sure is speculators will learn the hard way.After this if they hear dollars na run,lol

I like your confidence 🤣. As a business man at heart, I am keeping enough naira aside to purchase as much dollars as possible if it ever comes back to that range..

My buys will start from 1k if it ever drops down there. Until then fingers crossed.

As long as CBN is subsidizing dollars, it will fall.
The subsidy is coming from the FX reserves.
Oil theft is on high rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 5:19pm On Mar 28
ogawisdom:

Naira has been devalued, I doubt it will ever go back to that price. But let us wait and see. Still 1310 as this morning, 1275 this afternoon.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by kristien4(m): 5:44pm On Mar 28
Olubachar:

Please, have you checked your account balance? Has the TB face value and ROI being treated?

No...total funds still on hold
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 5:57pm On Mar 28
Nakedman:

I like your confidence 🤣. As a business man at heart, I am keeping enough naira aside to purchase as much dollars as possible if it ever comes back to that range..

My buys will start from 1k if it ever drops down there. Until then fingers crossed.

Lol
Dey whine yourself

You will all learn

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 6:00pm On Mar 28
Streetinvestor2:

Dollar will keep going down honestly...

Atleast for now.....

Hoarders go hear am seriously...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by safex(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28
Nakedman:
Today's Auction. Did anyone bid via Stanbic Ibtc?
The discount I got from Zenith is around 20% for 364 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RayRay06677(m): 7:47pm On Mar 28
safex:

The discount I got from Zenith is around 20% for 364 days

Good luck to you

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 8:06pm On Mar 28
Nakedman:

You understand the scope.

Lots of people that could not pay their children in US, UK and Canada schools school fees cant wait for cheaper dollar to pile up more. If they ever see it as low as 700 again, they will take loans to buy up dollars.

Until the government starts taking action to develope and deepen the economy, they are just doing bonanza....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 8:28pm On Mar 28
oluayebenz:

Lol
Dey whine yourself

You will all learn

Let's wait and see. This is a long term game. Economics doesn't care about your feelings. As an investor, you have to learn the game.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 8:50pm On Mar 28
Dum20:

You understand the scope.

Lots of people that could not pay their children in US, UK and Canada schools school fees cant wait for cheaper dollar to pile up more. If they ever see it as low as 700 again, they will take loans to buy up dollars.

Until the government starts taking action to develope and deepen the economy, they are just doing bonanza....

You know the game.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 9:19pm On Mar 28
Nakedman:

Let's wait and see. This is a long term game. Economics doesn't care about your feelings. As an investor, you have to learn the game.

Ok we are waiting....

Are you telling me 1,600 /USD is the true value of naira?

You guys will learn honestly.

Buying at even 1k /USD will still end in premium tears.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:46pm On Mar 28
oluayebenz:

Ok we are waiting....

Are you telling me 1,600 /USD is the true value of naira?

You guys will learn honestly.

Buying at even 1k /USD will still end in premium tears.

Take a look at NIgeria in a whole
economy, trade, exports, commerce, employment not forgetting Oil theft. Not until Nigeria makes a UTurn in the aforementioned, Naira will fall. When CBN is done selling all the dollars. We shall see. Keeps your Dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 10:56pm On Mar 28
Any news from Stanbic Tbills @ stanbic subscribers?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 11:09pm On Mar 28
Nakedman:

Take a look at NIgeria in a whole
economy, trade, exports, commerce, employment not forgetting Oil theft. Not until Nigeria makes a UTurn in the aforementioned, Naira will fall. When CBN is done selling all the dollars. We shall see. Keeps your Dollars.

Seems like you don't know that things are taking shape with our economy..

CBN is generating more USD with the recent policy and it's working.

@bolded 😂.... Keep what? So will you buy when it becomes worthless?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:35am On Mar 29
NL1960:

"who invested in dollar-denominated assets ".

Is investing in dollar denominated assets the same thing as buying dollars for speculation or for keeps?.
Most dollar funds invest in FGN and corporate Euro bonds, so investing in them is actually supplying dollars to the economy.

That's almost an opposite of buying dollars that you don't need and hoarding. That's an act that drains dollar liquidity.

And it was certainly true that manipulations were rife on the USDT/NGN trades, causing artificial losses to the purchasing power of millions of citizens, cos a few greedy folks want to cash out.

It was a super responsible thing for the government to have stepped in and curb that menace.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:46am On Mar 29
Oshokhai69:

You are just too dull. You started by saying dollar kept at home is not liquid. Then you changed to dollar denominated assets and now you dey talk how much person fit keep for house.

Oga, I only pointed out the hopelessness in that stupid comment that dollar under the bed is not liquid and that your so called mutual funds are more liquid. Na only drunkard you fit follow talk that nonsense.

By the way, how many average Nigerians get more than a few hundred dollars?

I think you should refrain from using this tone.
Make your points without insults.

You do not even know who you're speaking with. I'm sure you're either at his level or way below. There's no way you're in any position to address him like you're doing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 7:50am On Mar 29
Bbbwings:
How do supposed educated persons fall for apc propaganda?
No one is selling dollars at 1000naira
It was obviously fake news at the time, but it may be true by April.

FX turnover that was doing $50m -$80m daily last year, did $859m yesterday. That's almost $1bn in a single day.

Most of us knew supply was the issue, now it looks like we may soon be seeing over supply.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mills55: 8:04am On Mar 29
Nakedman:
Any news from Stanbic Tbills @ stanbic subscribers?

Stanbic 364 days failed. I have been refunded. You can check your account balance too.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mymadam(m): 8:42am On Mar 29
awesomeJ:

Make your points without insults....
💯

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oshokhai69: 9:24am On Mar 29
awesomeJ:

You do not even know who you're speaking with. I'm sure you're either at his level or way below. There's no way you're in any position to address him like you're doing.

Come on gerrout from here. You think say you sabi who I be? See all these non entities wey dey here go dey follow person wey dem no fit look in real life to dey chat okpata. You sure say you dey okay?

Person wey talk say dollar in physical cash is not liquid, no be dull person be that?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by biznus: 9:24am On Mar 29
Mills55:

Stanbic 364 days failed. I have been refunded. You can check your account balance too.
yeah it was refunded but check again.. I'm seeing something that looks like 20% by my calculations
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 9:30am On Mar 29
Mills55:

I just checked mine. It went through. Got 20% Did you bid late?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by egojeny1(f): 2:06pm On Mar 29
awesomeJ:

I tire. See how he talked to an elder.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by safex(m): 2:19pm On Mar 29
Nakedman:

I just checked mine. It went through. Got 20% Did you bid late?
Same with Zenith Bank. How come we got 20% when the stop rate is 21%, or am I missing something
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:28pm On Mar 29
egojeny1:

I tire. See how he talked to an elder.

You know some people will not read an entire thread to follow a flow but will just jump into one thing to try to claim superior argument.

Anyway, let him go and buy dollars and keep under his bed in the name of 'investing in dollar denominated fund is the same as buying physical dollar to keep under the bed'. Maybe under the bed is his own dollar denominated fund. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2214) (2215) (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Toyrem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.