Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4437290 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 5:15pm On Mar 30
yemioke:
Good day Everyone,
Please I would like to know if investing in Ghana TB is a good decision. I am a Nigerian living temporarily in Ghana. currently, TB rate in Ghana for 364 days is at 28.5%. please I need your opinions. thank you. Also, Please investment house vs bank which one is preferable if one is to invest in TB

What's their inflation rate?
you're a foreigner there. Are you allowed to invest?
What's the exchange rate between ₦ and Cedi? Is it likely to move against you?

Don't let high returns blind you to risks

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 6:02pm On Mar 30
Mills55:

I think it's 20 percent.
Ok,thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Heishere: 6:02pm On Mar 30
Has anybody bided through GTB? What is the experience like? Was it successful and what rate?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DFPS: 7:29am On Apr 01
Stanbic only debit me save keeping fee for last week auction.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Plus10(m): 8:58pm On Apr 01
Please when is the next aution?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 11:27am On Apr 02
Plus10:
Please when is the next aution?

Abeg make Una answer o, when is the next auction date.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 12:42pm On Apr 02
chukzyfcbb:

Abeg make Una answer o, when is the next auction date.

Next week Wednesday 10th. Ensure to submit your applications this week or latest by Monday.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 2:16pm On Apr 02
Nakedman:

Next week Wednesday 10th. Ensure to submit your applications this week or latest by Monday.
Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemioke: 4:29pm On Apr 02
olujaidi:

What's their inflation rate?
you're a foreigner there. Are you allowed to invest?
What's the exchange rate between ₦ and Cedi? Is it likely to move against you?

Don't let high returns blind you to risks

Thank you so much. I appreciate the insight. Yes, foreigners are allowed to invest and the inflation rate is at 23.2%. current exchange rate ranges between 95 to 100 ₦ per cedis. (1GHC = 95₦).
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 4:54pm On Apr 02
Quite interesting. The funny thing is we have no idea how long this high interest rate will last. Locking down for 2-3years seems like a good option. But inflation is starting at you 😃😃😃

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yemioke: 6:05pm On Apr 02
Nakedman:
Quite interesting. The funny thing is we have no idea how long this high-interest rate will last. Locking down for 2-3years seems like a good option. But inflation is starting at you 😃😃😃

Please can you enlighten me on how inflation can affect investment in FGN bond
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 7:02pm On Apr 02
Nakedman:

April 10th is holiday. Might be moved to upper week
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 11:49pm On Apr 02
alezzy13:

April 10th is holiday. Might be moved to upper week

Wao. Didn't see that coming. So na so one month go pass by without me taking part in these Juicy rates. First bank no do well at all for skipping two auctions now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by skydiver01: 4:51am On Apr 03
I am pretty confident the auction will hold/take place on 10 April wink

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmasoft(m): 6:24am On Apr 03
Foodempire:

Wao. Didn't see that coming. So na so one month go pass by without me taking part in these Juicy rates. First bank no do well at all for skipping two auctions now.

While waiting for primary auction, always keep your money in MMF so that you can still benefit indirectly from the tbill. One of the advantages of MMF - it has easy entry and exit.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Hogwarthtrades: 6:33am On Apr 03
emmasoft:

While waiting for primary auction, always keep your money in MMF so that you can still benefit indirectly from the tbill. One of the advantages of MMF is he easy entry and exit.
MMF is a vehicular cheat code IYKYK!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 7:39am On Apr 03
yemioke:

Please can you enlighten me on how inflation can affect investment in FGN bond

Not in the way you expect. Inflation affects everything in the same manner. Assume you have N200,000, and you intend to buy an Air Conditioner unit. You visit the market, and the seller informs you that the final price is N220,000. Unable to raise the full amount, you decide to invest in a 2-year bond with the expectation of returning with more funds to buy the AC later. However, you return after two years only to discover that the same AC unit is now being sold for N550,000. The amount you receive from the bond after the 2-year waiting period is only N280,000.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hias2012(m): 9:40am On Apr 03
Acidosis:

Not in the way you expect. Inflation affects everything in the same manner. Assume you have N200,000, and you intend to buy an Air Conditioner unit. You visit the market, and the seller informs you that the final price is N220,000. Unable to raise the full amount, you decide to invest in a 2-year bond with the expectation of returning with more funds to buy the AC later. However, you return after two years only to discover that the same AC unit is now being sold for N550,000. The amount you receive from the bond after the 2-year waiting period is only N280,000.

Very apt explanation. This just shows how inflation wrecks everything.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 11:48am On Apr 03
Acidosis:

U r right but am not in agreement with ur submission 100%.

Did u consider DEPRECIATION effects on the initial air condition u could have gotten at #220,000 2 years earlier?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 12:36pm On Apr 03
Akerewe:

U r right but am not in agreement with ur submission 100%.

Did u consider DEPRECIATION effects on the initial air condition u could have gotten at #220,000 2 years earlier?

True, but during periods of high inflation, the depreciation rates of certain second-hand items appear to be 'slower' relative to their original cost. You may have noticed how car owners are now selling cars they bought 1-3 years ago at prices significantly higher than the initial purchase cost. Cars that some have used for Uber.

Depreciation does not always result in a loss, especially when the owner of the asset has derived financial or non-monetary value from its use. E.g., using the AC for 2 years provides comfort, and being able to resell for N280,000 or more (due to high inflation) represents an even greater gain.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by francisobiabo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 03
Even the current TB rate is hugely reduced to near nothing due to sister inflation ...
Na wa o...
Naija Economy, which way na...
hias2012:

Very apt explanation. This just shows how inflation wrecks everything.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Dum20: 2:45pm On Apr 03
Acidosis:

In addition your ability to buy a brand new AC is now reduced, your purchasing power is reduced.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 3:55pm On Apr 03
FSDH CATCHING UP ALL THE TIME

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nakedman: 7:52pm On Apr 03
Hogwarthtrades:

MMF is a vehicular cheat code IYKYK!

To some extent. Imagine rate falls back to 10% today. Mutual funds also goes back to 10%. But the Treasury bill or Bonds will continue reading at 20%. You just have to place your eggs in different basket and position yourself dearly. grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 3:37am On Apr 04
To me, its the rate of inflation that will determine.
The truth is that most developed countries will give you between 3-7% but the inflation is not like what you will get here.
yemioke:
Good day Everyone,
Please I would like to know if investing in Ghana TB is a good decision. I am a Nigerian living temporarily in Ghana. currently, TB rate in Ghana for 364 days is at 28.5%. please I need your opinions. thank you. Also, Please investment house vs bank which one is preferable if one is to invest in TB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Owon: 3:52am On Apr 04
The criminal company
African Alliance company PLC has refused to pay me and many others their insured money, months and years after maturity.
THEY HID UNDER THE CLOAK OF ISLAM, WITH THEIR FRAUDULENT TAKAFUL SAVINGS PLAN TO DEFRAUD PEOPLE.
I have written several emails to them without a single response.
I have been to their office at Ikoyi last month to warn them and that my return won't be good...

I HAVE WRITTEN SEVERAL COMPLAINTS AND REPORT TO THE USELESS NIACOM THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE INSURANCE COMPANY POLICE TO PUT THEM TO CHECK, BUT THE USELESS NIACOM IS NOT EVEN RESPONDING.
I THINK AFRICAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE COULD HAVE BRIBED THEM...

Please I want suggestions from people who have had similar experiences with these evil and criminal insurance companies and how they were able to retrieve their money.

https://www.nairaland.com/8050757/how-get-money-criminal-african
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rizin: 3:57am On Apr 04
Are they on twitter.
Share prove of your inverstment and also comment on their handle. share the link so that we will drag them to get the truth or reasons behind the delay.
money is hard these days so no one should hold anothers money.
Owon:
The criminal company
African Alliance company PLC has refused to pay me and many others their insured money, months and years after maturity.
THEY HID UNDER THE CLOAK OF ISLAM, WITH THEIR FRAUDULENT TAKAFUL SAVINGS PLAN TO DEFRAUD PEOPLE.
I have written several emails to them without a single response.
I have been to their office at Ikoyi last month to warn them and that my return won't be good...

I HAVE WRITTEN SEVERAL COMPLAINTS AND REPORT TO THE USELESS NIACOM THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE INSURANCE COMPANY POLICE TO PUT THEM TO CHECK, BUT THE USELESS NIACOM IS NOT EVEN RESPONDING.
I THINK AFRICAN ALLIANCE INSURANCE COULD HAVE BRIBED THEM...

Please I want suggestions from people who have had similar experiences with these evil and criminal insurance companies and how they were able to retrieve their money.

https://www.nairaland.com/8050757/how-get-money-criminal-african
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Owon: 4:07am On Apr 04
Rizin:
Are they on twitter.
Share prove of your inverstment and also comment on their handle. share the link so that we will drag them to get the truth or reasons behind the delay.
money is hard these days so no one should hold anothers money.
Yes, they are on twitter.
They never respond to anyone's message.
Their last post was two years ago 2022.

Just go to their handle @AAInsurancePLC to confirm and see what people are writing on their page.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Foodempire: 11:53am On Apr 04
emmasoft:

While waiting for primary auction, always keep your money in MMF so that you can still benefit indirectly from the tbill. One of the advantages of MMF it has easy entry and exit.

Thanks, funds have been returned to mmf as the waiting game already caused me a huge loss. I just don't like the back n forth of moving money. I also think that there should be a way fbnquest can bid for me without pulling out funds from my mmf portfolio to my saving account first?, has anyone ever done this before? Like giving instructions to move funds from your mmf for treasury's bill primary auctions.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 12:47pm On Apr 04
Foodempire:

Yeah. Even me I don dey salivate for the 20% + returns, until I was informed it might not hold. 🥺
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by alezzy13: 12:51pm On Apr 04
skydiver01:
I am pretty confident the auction will hold/take place on 10 April wink

Lol. I like your confidence o. But spoke with my account officer and according to him it's quite unlikely to hold next week, unless the holiday turns out to be Thurs - Friday (unlikely).

Abi CBN and DMBs wey go process the bids no dey go holiday?? tongue
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04
alezzy13:

Lol. I like your confidence o. But spoke with my account officer and according to him it's quite unlikely to hold next week, unless the holiday turns out to be Thurs - Friday (unlikely).

Abi CBN and DMBs wey go process the bids no dey go holiday?? tongue
If the holiday falls on Wednesday, the practice is to hold the auction on T+1 or T-1 (Tuesday or Thursday next week).

Remember some people's bills are maturing next Thursday so they'll be rolling over the debt, selling to new subscribers ti redeem the naruring ones.

It's how it's been.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2216) (2217) (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: fils1(m), Emzedz and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.