Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4444284 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 4:12pm On Aug 17, 2018
So what was Wednesday's result.

I mean for the primary market auctions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
who can drop highlight of secondary market transaction
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cooldudeng(m): 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2018
How did you arrive at 12%? I don't believe Stanbic did that on the 364 tenured bill. Mine was like 11.15% from Stanbic for the same tenor

mollie12:
I just got debited today (Thursday) for the August 15 primary market auction. Rate was 12% for 364 days, from STANBIC bank. Not bad at all.

@Others, any updates from the latest auction? Please share your stories.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Internetboy: 10:56pm On Aug 17, 2018
I invested on TB and was debited with the investment capital but yet to receive the upfront interest.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:05am On Aug 18, 2018
Idowuae:
Good day house, am practically new on this forum, I have been following for a while but need help on how much I will get if I invest #1m in 91 days with 10% interest TB....Thanks.
10%=100,000
91days = 365/91 =4
:- 91DAYS profit = 100000 /4 = N25000~
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:13am On Aug 18, 2018
Hello all! As election is coming, is it better to lock down funds till after election? Or hold in mutual fund till after?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2018
RealityShot:
Hello all!
As election is coming, is it better to lock down funds till after election?
Or hold in mutual fund till after?
This is a very critical question. The inputs of gurus are needed in respect of this.Our polity is heated and may still get worse in coming months, this democracy may be truncated (though we don't pray for such) considering the way things are evolving. In my opinion, locking funds in TB for more than 3months now or after February may be risky.I would prefer MMF;after all both are yielding almost same returns and because one can easily pull out should there be unforseen circumstances. #myhumbleopinion.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:18am On Aug 18, 2018
umulobi:

This is a very critical question. The inputs of gurus are needed in respect of this.Our polity is heated and may still get worse in coming months, this democracy may be truncated (though we don't pray for such) considering the way things are evolving. In my opinion, locking funds in TB for more than 3months now or after the February may be risky.I would prefer MMF because one can easily pull out should there be unforseen circumstances. #myhumbleopinion.
we are happy cos of the fear factor it spikes up rates

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
The rate for TB may never go beyond 13% till Feb .even with fear factor. Also,remember that rate increase also affect MMF positively.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Bad guy....****You have said it all....***
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2018
umulobi:

This is a very critical question. The inputs of gurus are needed in respect of this.Our polity is heated and may still get worse in coming months, this democracy may be truncated (though we don't pray for such) considering the way things are evolving. In my opinion, locking funds in TB for more than 3months now or after February may be risky.I would prefe,, MMF;after all both are yielding almost same returns and because one can easily pull out should there be unforseen circumstances. #myhumbleopinion.
I think in the same line..
That is why am asking... 3months ain't worth the movement from MMF and back for me though
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by umulobi: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2018
Gavrelino123:

A good investor knows when to take a latent risk and when to avoid it.#MBA703
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FIDELITY24(m): 11:55am On Aug 18, 2018
I thought treasury bills is risk free? Am asking this question because of the comments above about election bla bla bla....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2018
Gavrelino123:

the cbn got only few arsenal ,We want the polity to be heated with even sign of coups so the international hawks run away and leave us local champion to hit 15 cos we suffered devaluation in 2016 yet to recover....we both bad guy cbn and investors

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 12:17pm On Aug 18, 2018
FIDELITY24:
I thought treasury bills is risk free? Am asking this question because of the comments above about election bla bla bla....

to the best of my knowlege, TB is still the safest investment. Since by God grace there will not be wars and nigeria will still be existing after the election, cbn will always be there. so to me nothing to be afraid off. However, its only stock investment that has a very high risk at this period and to me, not high risk cos its the period of wealth transfer from the rich to the poor who are discerning investors.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 12:25pm On Aug 18, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
the cbn got only few arsenal ,We want the polity to be heated with even sign of coups so the international hawks run away and leave us local champion to hit 15 cos we suffered devaluation in 2016 yet to recover....we both bad guy cbn and investors

Chai....see plot, u are forgetting that the heated polity can actually bring about the disintegration of the entity called Nigeria.

Ur analysis would involve living on the edge, pls I no fit shout. All my life saving is in TB. No need for political brouhaha. Just pray for CRUDE oil price to fall to like $20/barely then TB rates would jump back to 18%.

Does anyone have info for the last primary market rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2018
umulobi:

A good investor knows when to take a latent risk and when to avoid it.#MBA703
Yes......And this is the time to take the risk.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:53pm On Aug 18, 2018
zamirikpo:

Chai....see plot, u are forgetting that the heated polity can actually bring about the disintegration of the entity called Nigeria.

Ur analysis would involve living on the edge, pls I no fit shout. All my life saving is in TB. No need for political brouhaha. Just pray for CRUDE oil price to fall to like $20/barely then TB rates would jump back to 18%.

LWKMD.......LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
zamirikpo:

No disintegration is happening in Nigeria .
Mark my words .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by charles2468(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
please Nairalanders help me on this, I was among those successful at d last bidding of GTB bank, I make investment of 500000k n I was debited 488,924.66 when I asked why didn't they collect d 500k I invested, the banker replied that they debited low amount that the remaining should be my upfront payment, that when maturity i will receive my 500k back, in addition I should come next week to collect my certificate, so please any explanation on this am really confused especially on d amount debited.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TCD: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
Hello guys can anyone help with an explanation . What is the difference between TB abd MMF. I used to think they were the same . Are treasury bills not moment market investments?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2018
TCD:
Hello guys can anyone help with an explanation . What is the difference between TB abd MMF. I used to think they were the same . Are treasury bills not moment market investments?
What are moment market investments?
Never heard of that .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
charles2468:
please Nairalanders help me on this, I was among those successful at d last bidding of GTB bank, I make investment of 500000k n I was debited 488,924.66 when I asked why didn't they collect d 500k I invested, the banker replied that they debited low amount that the remaining should be my upfront payment, that when maturity i will receive my 500k back, in addition I should come next week to collect my certificate, so please any explanation on this am really confused especially on d amount debited.
What exactly are you confused about ?
Subtract the debited amount from 500k and that’s your interest.
You did 90days ,didn’t you?
Just relax and wait for 90 days before you start to panic
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chloride6: 5:40pm On Aug 18, 2018
10%?

i dey mad?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2018
chloride6:
10%?

i dey mad?
Go find MMM
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chloride6: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
[quote author=4601CE post=70396367][/quote]

Heard of commercial papers?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2018
chloride6:

Heard of commercial papers?
And we that don’t have 5 million naira for CP?
And btw is there any commercial paper with upto 15% Interest?
Lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chloride6: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2018
4601CE:

Money market fund?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chloride6: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2018
4601CE:
And btw is there any commercial paper with upto 15% Interest?
Lol

Still Sold 16% on Thursday

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Macktaob(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.