Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4433407 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (2228) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 10:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
Gavrelino123:

Oga stop all these nonsense......This is 2019 abeg,fear God.

Just report him. I just did. And don't quote his post.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mikaj(m): 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
Good evening gents.

Kindly bear with me. I am a complete novice in investments. But would want that to change this year.

Speak to me like a toddler when you answer me please.

How do I go about this treasury bills thing? Is it a good investment to do now with the up coming election.

I have almost 6000euros and 2 million spare cash I am not using at the moment. Thus it seats in a savings account yielding nothing. I wouldn’t choose a current account cos the rate is quite crappy to be honest.

Now if it is with respect to money market, which bank is the best and gives good rate. Eg if I put a million tomorrow, how much will I get at the end of the year.

I have more questions but I will stop here for now.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:09am On Jan 02, 2019
mikaj:
Good evening gents.

Kindly bear with me. I am a complete novice in investments. But would want that to change this year.

Speak to me like a toddler when you answer me please.

How do I go about this treasury bills thing? Is it a good investment to do now with the up coming election.

I have almost 6000euros and 2 million spare cash I am not using at the moment. Thus it seats in a savings account yielding nothing. I wouldn’t choose a current account cos the rate is quite crappy to be honest.

Now if it is with respect to money market, which bank is the best and gives good rate. Eg if I put a million tomorrow, how much will I get at the end of the year.

I have more questions but I will stop here for now.

Thanks in advance.

Try to read at least 20pages on this thread,all ur questions will be answered.

Read the first 5 pages and then randomly select another 15pages, u will be ok.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 5:23am On Jan 02, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
U know scammers are persistent people untill maga fall ,They target people in this thread cos this where people with saving to invest are

They can only get maga who did not work hard for the money and the person afflicted with get rich quick sickness

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mariejeanr: 11:29am On Jan 02, 2019
Happy new year everyone, this is my first time commenting, I've been following this thread religiously. Thank you all for the information posted here.

PMA begins today?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by somziency: 11:57am On Jan 02, 2019
Nnamz:

You get 50 million?

Kindly provide answer if you have one. You don't provide question for a question.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 12:26pm On Jan 02, 2019
somziency:

Kindly provide answer if you have one. You don't provide question for a question.

Perhaps he alreaxdy given you the answer

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=somziency post=74355171]Which is better? Allowing stanbic to determine TBills rate in primary market or stating your preferred rate? If the later, how can this be best achieved given that Tbills rate is not fixed?[/quote

However allowing them determine the rate come with advantage of having your bid go through as they are experts at what they do. But if you have a bigger rate you can choose to try your luck and determine the rates by yourself.....if it fails,you buy from secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 02, 2019
Like I earlier suggested and recently supported by another person on this forum, can we start rate projections to help those that bids on their own. Going with bank rate is like leaving your destiny in the hands of the bank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by FunmyKemmy(f): 3:32pm On Jan 02, 2019
Check this.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by somziency: 4:03pm On Jan 02, 2019
[quote author=drotba post=74378729][/quote]

Thanks.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
I am not sure but could this be the calendar for 2019 tbills

https://www.fmdqotc.com/services/listings-and-quotation/securities-quotations/t-bills/
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yinka2011: 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy New year everybody..

below are results from todays primary market auction and link is here https://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=21046

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ebho: 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of investing in Tbills so I discussed with my account officer and I was sent this info

Indicative bank-advised bid rate for the 91 days, 182 days and 364 days are 10.75%, 12.50% and 14.00% respectively.

Market dynamics between time of this mail and auction date will however be considered before the bids rates are submitted. This implies the rates may change

However, the available rates for today are;

73days for 11%

183days for 12.75%

351days for 14.45%

what do you guys think?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
ebho:
Hi Guys,

I am thinking of investing in Tbills so I discussed with my account officer and I was sent this info

Indicative bank-advised bid rate for the 91 days, 182 days and 364 days are 10.75%, 12.50% and 14.00% respectively.

Market dynamics between time of this mail and auction date will however be considered before the bids rates are submitted. This implies the rates may change

However, the available rates for today are;

73days for 11%

183days for 12.75%

351days for 14.45%

what do you guys think?

Which bank please?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ebho: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
drotba:

Which bank please?

GTB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by amaham(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2019
Pls could someone post stanbic t.bills rates?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 7:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
ebho:

GTB

Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drotba(m): 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
amaham:
Pls could someone post stanbic t.bills rates?

251 days @ 14.25

Can't remember the others
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by carbon1224(m): 8:19pm On Jan 02, 2019
Today’s rate is juicy

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Adegokenath(m): 9:14pm On Jan 02, 2019
carbon1224:
Today’s rate is juicy
which kind juicy ? I am waiting for 17%

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cation(m): 9:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
Adegokenath:
which kind juicy ? I am waiting for 17%
Me too o I am waiting for higher rates.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy new year everyone.
In this new year, I'll advise two things:

1. Commit your endeavors to God, and position yourself for His blessings.

2. Seek opportunities aggressively.
In 2016, some folks turned 70m to 140m buying dollars.
In 2017 lots of people were able to double their funds in the stocks market between April and Jan. 30m in FBNH for instance became as high as 145m.
In 2018, some people have been able to turn 90m to 215m within 3 weeks buying DIAMOND.

So these opportunities seem to always come every year. No one can be sure what it'll be or when it'll come, but one thing is certain when it's about starting, we'll become aware, but only those who are prepared will partake.

So seek this year's bounty harvest opportunity aggressively, and prepare well enough by having adequate capital to take position when it comes.

Happy new year once again. God bless our efforts(hussles as some'd like it called).

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
Cation:
Me too o I am waiting for higher rates.
You may want to go long on 15% now. I don't see 17% anytime soon. Except perhaps a new man takes the helm at CBN. I wish Emefiele would be made to serve another term though.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by deife(m): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2019
4601CE:

That profit interest is for 42 days . As you can see he did 42/365 in the calculation

Thanks bro.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
awesomeJ:
Happy new year everyone.
In this new year, I'll advise two things:

1. Commit your endeavors to God, and position yourself for His blessings.

2. Seek opportunities aggressively.
In 2016, some folks turned 70m to 140m buying dollars.
In 2017 lots of people were able to double their funds in the stocks market between April and Jan. 30m in FBNH for instance became as high as 145m.
In 2018, some people have been able to turn 90m to 215m within 3 weeks buying DIAMOND.

So these opportunities seem to always come every year. No one can be sure what it'll be or when it'll come, but one thing is certain when it's about starting, we'll become aware, but only those who are prepared will partake.

So seek this year's bounty harvest opportunity aggressively, and prepare well enough by having adequate capital to take position when it comes.

Happy new year once again. God bless our efforts(hussles as some'd like it called).
You forgot to mentioned stock that have lost last year.
PZ (-41%), NB (-36%), Access (-34%), Wapco (-72%) etc.
So, it is all about risk profile of the individual .

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mariejeanr: 11:44pm On Jan 02, 2019
yinka2011:
Happy New year everybody..

below are results from todays primary market auction and link is here https://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=21046

That means with this rate for the 364 days bid with one million what is my interest and when will first bank credit me with the interest please? This is my first time investing. Thank you
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ifelove1(m): 12:26am On Jan 03, 2019
Mariejeanr:

That means with this rate for the 364 days bid with one million what is my interest and when will first bank credit me with the interest please? This is my first time investing. Thank you
If first bank was successful, they should have gotten a rate of slightly higher or lower than 14%. You should expect about 140,000 on Thursday or Friday except you ticked "invest with interest"
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 6:48am On Jan 03, 2019
Yem0350:

You forgot to mentioned stock that have lost last year.
PZ (-41%), NB (-36%), Access (-34%), Wapco (-72%) etc.
So, it is all about risk profile of the individual .

He also failed to mention Skye bank polarised by CBN if the diamond bank had gone the way of Skye bank and sure he would not mention them. I also invest on NSE but I do a calculated risk before committing my hard earn money. He also failed to mention people who bought dollars at 450 and sold at 400 and 360 my advice is people should just study the risk before they put head.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mariejeanr: 7:15am On Jan 03, 2019
Ifelove1:
If first bank was successful, they should have gotten a rate of slightly higher or lower than 14%. You should expect about 140,000 on Thursday or Friday except you ticked "invest with interest"

No I didn't tick invest with interest, Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 8:58am On Jan 03, 2019
Gurus,

please at what time of the day does bank credit one's account after maturity as my Tb matures today and am yet to get the alert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (2228) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Ndidi2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.