Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465211 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2019
Lol
Lol x 2
Lol on repeat.

Work hard and ask me to help you.

vexing:

Tar, you don't have up to 10million in TB or anywhere else.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2019
With the current political atmosphere in Nigeria, I hope we all wake up to an amazing rate tomorrow...yahooooo!!!, that would be an awesome way to end the month of February! Personally, this is the most I have invested in T-bill thus far because my guts tell me the rate is gonna be phenomenal for the first time in a while. Besides, I'm happy as long as the rate for 364 days is > or= 14.5%. I wish you all the very best!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Awesomemama: 10:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
Bluecollarguy:
With the current political atmosphere in Nigeria, I hope we all wake up to an amazing rate tomorrow...yahooooo!!!, that would be an awesome way to end the month of February! Personally, this is the most I have invested in T-bill thus far because my guts tell me the rate is gonna be phenomenal for the first time in a while. Besides, I'm happy as long as the rate for 364 days is > or= 14.5%. I wish you all the very best!

I hope so too
When does the rate usually drop tomorrow ?
This is my first time
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:11am On Feb 27, 2019
Awesomemama:

I hope so too
When does the rate usually drop tomorrow ?
This is my first time

Transaction happens today, Feb. 27. Next T-bill transaction is in two weeks(Wednesday,March 13). Be sure to grab T-bill form from your bank, fill the form and subject within 48 hrs i.e by Monday of the T-bill transaction week(that's how I bid in advance for safety). Details about today's transaction becomes available between today and tomorrow(Thurs.)...if you placed a bid, you should get an alert or check your bank account. Also, check CBN website once details are published to see how today's T-bill transactions played out!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 12:33am On Feb 27, 2019
Good morning gurus
Pls ma t-bills investment will mature on March 14th, but d next primary auction after 2moro will b on d 13th.
ma question is, can I invest in d primary auction on March 13th wen ma last t-bills investment will mature on March 14th ??
If yes,
How do I go about it ? Tanx.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Ikmontana1:
Good morning gurus
Pls ma t-bills investment will mature on March 14th, but d next primary auction after 2moro will b on d 13th.
ma question is, can I invest in d primary auction on March 13th wen ma last t-bills investment will mature on March 14th ??
If yes,
You can invest every 2 weeks for the rest of your life(in the primary market) or anytime(in the sec. market) provided you have the cash in your bank account. Pls don't rely on the cash from your investment maturing on March 14th, because the fund is likely going to be available after March 13th. I hope I answered your question!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by JohnNU(m): 2:46am On Feb 27, 2019
Need your advice, how do i invest in TB? ie. how do i start, which bank to use, must i have an account with the bank etc. Pls need your guide.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 3:50am On Feb 27, 2019
buJu234:
Hi guys, just came across this, plx don't politicize it. As investors u need information especially from world class sources..

based on the information below; It may b adviceable to still hold on to dollar investment and t.bills but stocks may be risky. .

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-26/a-buhari-win-would-limit-the-growth-rebound-in-nigeria-chart?srnd=premium-africa

A Buhari Win Would Limit the Growth Rebound in Nigeria
By Mark Bohlund
26 February 2019, 17:37 GMT+1
Economic Struggle
SHARE THIS ARTICLE
Share Tweet Post Email
In this article
CL1
WTI Crude
55.43USD/bbl.-0.05-0.09%
If President Muhammadu Buhari wins another four-year term it will probably mean more political interference in Nigeria’s economy and slower growth, according to research by Bloomberg Economics. The opening of the Egina offshore oilfield this month and the Dangote refinery next year will deliver a near-term boost, but low capital investment is likely to inhibit growth over the medium term. BE expects Nigeria, Africa’s largest oil producer, to keep losing ground in real GDP per capita against its peers in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Terms of Service
Trademarks Privacy Policy ©2019 Bloomberg L.P. All Rights Reserved

plx no APC vs PDP, but just business thoughts

Anyway, they can project anything but I have strong believe that whoever wins Nigeria will be great.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 3:51am On Feb 27, 2019
JohnNU:
Need your advice, how do i invest in TB? ie. how do i start, which bank to use, must i have an account with the bank etc. Pls need your guide.

Pls read this thread from the beginning

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:33am On Feb 27, 2019
Buhari has won so it's back to business as usual, the stock market lost 85billion yesterday after inecs pronouncement. So I foresee rates rallying around 14 -15% or even inch towards 16% this year.

Brace yourselves for a bomber harvest this year.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 6:51am On Feb 27, 2019
vexing:

Tar, you don't have up to 10million in TB or anywhere else.

You ignoramus! So you're now his account? Smh...so many foolish people on this thread.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 6:59am On Feb 27, 2019
zamirikpo:
Buhari has won so it's back to business as usual, the stock market lost 85billion yesterday after inecs pronouncement. So I foresee rates rallying around 14 -15% or even inch towards 16% this year.

Brace yourselves for a bomber harvest this year.

Oga inec just pronounced early this morning the stock market loss was due to PDP agitation that they will not accept the result. Stock would surely bounce back. I like being factual and not being emotional.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 7:31am On Feb 27, 2019
Ikmontana1:
Good morning gurus
If yes,

If it is first bank you used you can contact them for a possible reinvestment before that week. They reinvest for primary market. So I am assuming it should be possible.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Awesomemama: 7:34am On Feb 27, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

Transaction happens today, Feb. 27. Next T-bill transaction is in two weeks(Wednesday,March 13). Be sure to grab T-bill form from your bank, fill the form and subject within 48 hrs i.e by Monday of the T-bill transaction week(that's how I bid in advance for safety). Details about today's transaction becomes available between today and tomorrow(Thurs.)...if you placed a bid, you should get an alert or check your bank account. Also, check CBN website once details are published to see how today's T-bill transactions played out!

Okay, thanks
Awaiting debit alert from my bank
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 7:41am On Feb 27, 2019
aremso:

Oga inec just pronounced early this morning the stock market loss was due to PDP agitation that they will not accept the result. Stock would surely bounce back. I like being factual and not being emotional.

So u think investors wait for official pronouncements before making business decisions, as at yesterday morng it was even obvious to a lay man on the streets

Anyways it's too early to argue , come back when u see rates plummet against my predictions.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 7:58am On Feb 27, 2019
Barrytone:
willing to share if only I know what you are asking about.
But if on the billion naira which I think should be of interest to every aspiring billionaire. I drafted a 20yrs plan with nothing less than 500k per month and reinvesting profits. As long as I get my salary then this trend will continue till 2030 and my capital would have crossed the billion mark. We can be billionaires even as a salary earner. I laughed when some people say you can't become a millionaire working as a salary earner. Make a plan today, it's never late.
am also a salary earner with tb as side hustle, abeg how you da do am pass?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 8:05am On Feb 27, 2019
freeman67:

If it is first bank you used you can contact them for a possible reinvestment before that week. They reinvest for primary market. So I am assuming it should be possible.
tanx boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 8:07am On Feb 27, 2019
Bluecollarguy:

You can invest every 2 weeks for the rest of your life(in the primary market) or anytime(in the sec. market) provided you have the cash in your bank account. Pls don't rely on the cash from your investment maturing on March 14th, because the fund is likely going to be available after March 13th. I hope I answered your question!
tanx boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by pxjosh(m): 8:10am On Feb 27, 2019
Can I still buy primary market treasury bills today or its late already?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2019
pxjosh:
Can I still buy primary market treasury bills today or its late already?
late
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2019
My 2.5m tb is due next month 14th. What would happen if i cancel now. Would i loose by a large margin or what?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 9:01am On Feb 27, 2019
zinaunreal:
My 2.5m tb is due next month 14th. What would happen if i cancel now. Would i loose by a large margin or what?

Why not wait till next tb? Now that buhari has won, all market is going to be more volatile now.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by carbon1224(m): 10:56am On Feb 27, 2019
Any one with today’s Gtb primary rate
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by damsolyn: 11:36am On Feb 27, 2019
Good morning to all the professionals here, I have read and read many things on the thread but I still don't get it clear on how to start all this investment stuff you guys re doing.
Please I want someone to hold my hand and start teaching me...
My salary range is 30k per month and I don't know if that can start up something.....if yes please I need someone to mentor me on it..thanks

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 11:55am On Feb 27, 2019
damsolyn:
Good morning to all the professionals here, I have read and read many things on the thread but I still don't get it clear on how to start all this investment stuff you guys re doing.
Please I want someone to hold my hand and start teaching me...
My salary range is 30k per month and I don't know if that can start up something.....if yes please I need someone to mentor me on it..thanks
most banks is 100 k above but 30 k will give u around 300 naira monthly I suggest u start a small side bussiness like salon

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 12:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
Pharmtj:
late
to me its not late yet via the way i invest mine, am even waiting to see cbn todays rate before i write a letter to my account officer to merge the tbill that will mature tomorrow early morning with the money i ll move today
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Eghuan01: 12:54pm On Feb 27, 2019
Stanbic today...secondary

64 days - 9.65%
246 days - 13.65%
358 days - 13.95%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 1:15pm On Feb 27, 2019
Interesting but which bank will honor the request to invest for you tomorrow for the primary market auction taking place today?

janga:

to me its not late yet via the way i invest mine, am even waiting to see cbn todays rate before i write a letter to my account officer to merge the tbill that will mature tomorrow early morning with the money i ll move today

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
Interesting but which bank will honor the request to invest for you tomorrow for the primary market auction taking place today?

Gtb but i will make sure i forward the later today
have already call my acct officer and he confirm its possible cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TotoNaRubber: 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
Great goodluck with it, let us know if it works out as planned.
janga:

Gtb but i will make sure i forward the later today
have already call my acct officer and he confirm its possible cool
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 2:12pm On Feb 27, 2019
Today's Auction was madt!!

massive funds in the market and all rates crashed wella..

One year rates looking at 14.37% (make i try confirm am first)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: presiade(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.